PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon rejects New Orleans Hornets' extension offer

Ari Gold
01-26-2012, 12:42 PM
NEW ORLEANS -- A person familiar with the situation says guard Eric Gordon has turned down a four-year extension offer from the New Orleans Hornets, meaning he'll become a restricted free agent after the season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7503877/report-eric-gordon-rejects-new-orleans-hornets-extension-offer

:lol stern

DPG21920
01-26-2012, 12:46 PM
lol him wanting more than Love.

Trill Clinton
01-26-2012, 12:59 PM
This is good for both him and the Hornets.

DPG21920
01-26-2012, 01:00 PM
He'll learn on the open market he isn't a max guy right now. At best he gets 4 years like Love.

baseline bum
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM
lol him wanting more than Love.

Not his fault Love is a moron and didn't get what he deserved.

z0sa
01-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Not his fault Love is a moron and didn't get what he deserved.

Love definitely didn't get what he deserved, but I'm not sure Eric Gordon will do better than the extension. Maybe he just doesn't want to play NOLA.

baseline bum
01-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Love definitely didn't get what he deserved, but I'm not sure Eric Gordon will do better than the extension. Maybe he just doesn't want to play NOLA.

No reason to stay if they're not going to pay market value. He doesn't have a house there, he's not going to win nor be on national TV; there is no reason for him to be loyal to the franchise right now.

Pelicans78
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Smart move by the Hornets not to overpay for him. He's injury prone and has only played in two games. Plus, he's a restricted FA so they can match whatever offer he gets this offseason.

BRHornet45
01-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Sons this clown has lived on the bench 40 some odd games in the last year and 30 something games in the year before that. They also just announced he is out at least another 12 games. LOL trying to demand top dollar when you're one of the most injury prone players in the NBA.

TimmehC
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Back to the Clips, tbh.

Killakobe81
01-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Back to the Clips, tbh.

Doubt that, unless he loves them that much ...
Besides with Pending extensions due for Cp3 and Blake where would they get the money to offer him that would surpass what he turned down?

I agree (again) with Bum. Love has his faults but a guy putting up his numbers got low balled (relative) ...I know he had to take some basic economics at UCLA, we teach our guys better than that. He had the leverage in a marketplace short on big men even if he is a short one that plays big. He is in great shape with strong numbers. He needs to pray the Gods that a knee injury doesnt strike him for these 3 years and then he can opt out and resign there for more loot or play the market ...and go to the highest bidder on a winner.

Also now Kahn has to be smart. The Love/Mayo trade appears to be a steal. Sure he traded Lawson (should of traded Flynn on draft night) but selling Flynn before the bottom dropped out acquiring Darko, taking Rubio has turned out well. IF they can find a spot for williams or trade him for a SG or package him for a better center ...while his value is high, they would be in building a future contender.

Dont get me wrong I like the williams kid, but he seems like a tweener 4, not sure he is a great fit at SF ...but we shall see.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Back to the Clips, tbh.

Never thought I'd hear that. As long as the league is holding the deed to the team I think they're going to look a lot like the Clippers of yore. Tough to get talent, impossible to hold onto it. They're small market, so landing a top tier, definitely-worth-max-money FA is a long shot. For most small market teams that leaves the option of overpaying second tier talents or raw talents, but the Mark Cuban's of the world are going to make a stink whenever that might happen. That just leaves the draft. Even if they do manage to land a superstar draft pick they've got the same issues above that hurt them in a bidding war. And that's not even getting into the headaches that will come with them ever getting a #1 pick thanks to Stern's puppermaster rep with Ewing-gate.

It's going to be particularly tough with the current crop of young talent, guys who came into the league basing their expectations off of the worst contracts of the last few seasons where guys were getting 70-80 mil for showing enough promise.

lefty
01-26-2012, 04:55 PM
What a clown WTF

lefty
01-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I've always thought he was overrated anyway, even when he was with the Clips

Killakobe81
01-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Never thought I'd hear that. As long as the league is holding the deed to the team I think they're going to look a lot like the Clippers of yore. Tough to get talent, impossible to hold onto it. They're small market, so landing a top tier, definitely-worth-max-money FA is a long shot. For most small market teams that leaves the option of overpaying second tier talents or raw talents, but the Mark Cuban's of the world are going to make a stink whenever that might happen. That just leaves the draft. Even if they do manage to land a superstar draft pick they've got the same issues above that hurt them in a bidding war. And that's not even getting into the headaches that will come with them ever getting a #1 pick thanks to Stern's puppermaster rep with Ewing-gate.

It's going to be particularly tough with the current crop of young talent, guys who came into the league basing their expectations off of the worst contracts of the last few seasons where guys were getting 70-80 mil for showing enough promise.

Awesome points, that is why I advocated waiting. there is some really nice talent at the top of the draft. But doubtful they are getting anything CLOSE to Paul pre-knee injury ...no matter where they draft.

Stalin
01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
he's just haggling, like chandler demanding 20 mil, lol

Latarian Milton
01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
restricted FAs always get overpaid (gortat for example), smart decision by gordon imho.