PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

Drachen
01-26-2012, 09:34 PM
My wife's phone was stolen when she was at Costco, so I remotely installed "Plan B" and I was able to find out the address where the phone is now. I have had this address for about 1 hour now and can't get the cops to do anything. I am at work (only one here so I have to fucking stay), so I can't do anything but orchestrate. THIS SUCKS. These fuckers are going to get away with it and I have the FUCKING ADDRESS. I can look at their house on google maps. FUCK

mavs>spurs
01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
grab the choppa and kick door on them hoes

Drachen
01-26-2012, 09:54 PM
If you have an android phone (or I would assume apple has this too) make sure to install lookout mobile security or avast mobile security to make sure you can track your stuff.

Also Mavs, I am afraid that if I kicked down the door that the whole place would fall down. I have looked it up on google maps and it is nasty looking. It looks like one side is being held up by two 2x4s.

DMC
01-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Show the google map to WC. He will triangulate it and mission impossible into the shanty, double tap the perps and exfil with the phone.

Drachen
01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Show the google map to WC. He will triangulate it and mission impossible into the shanty, double tap the perps and exfil with the phone.

LOL, well, I have triangulated the quardinates with an address.

Blake
01-26-2012, 10:05 PM
I bet the costco thief didn't have the executive membership

Drachen
01-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I bet the costco thief didn't have the executive membership

Looking at their house, I can't believe they can afford the membership.

Blake
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Looking at their house, I can't believe they can afford the membership.

With costco's high tech membership check system at the front door, I'm not sure how the punk could have gotten in

Drachen
01-26-2012, 10:19 PM
With costco's high tech membership check system at the front door, I'm not sure how the punk could have gotten in

LOL, you are right, maybe they just walked on in so that they could try the samples.

Come for the samples, stay for the theft!

Drachen
01-26-2012, 10:20 PM
The cops finally called me back. (though my wife is on the way to meet a standby) but that lady basically told me sorry, too bad. We aren't going to do anything about it.

Hopefully this alternate route will work.

DMC
01-26-2012, 10:25 PM
How about "I saw a young white girl getting dragged by her hair into a house, here's the address, she was kicking and screaming, I tried to stop them but they took my phone"

mavs>spurs
01-26-2012, 10:42 PM
^still wouldn't do anything, imo

Drachen
01-26-2012, 10:52 PM
I would like to know at what level police protection kicks in. We know its not $500, is it $1000? $5000?

Blake
01-26-2012, 11:54 PM
I think it's more having to do with nobody witnessing the crime, imo

monosylab1k
01-26-2012, 11:57 PM
1M8vei3L0L8

Spurminator
01-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Have you called the phone and told them you know where they live?

Leetonidas
01-27-2012, 12:03 AM
I would like to know at what level police protection kicks in. We know its not $500, is it $1000? $5000?

FUCK the police. I have a crazy fucking schizo, meth-addict brother and a few years back my mom called the police on him and she wanted him out of her house. She told them she never said he could live there, that he could only stay there for a couple weeks while he looked for a job. He even threatened to kill her. Of course the police take a fucking hour to show up (and the substation is literally about 2 miles down Culebra from the house) and all they can say is "well, you let him in so you can't kick him out unless he's legally evicted. Most we can do is take him for the night and release him in the morning." Yep, the homeowner specifically told the cops he was never "living here" (he had come up from Cali where he lived not too long before this) and that he only had permission to be here to look for work and not if he was going to be all schized out on meth and they basically said, "sorry, it's your problem unless he kills you." Dude threatened to kill her and they didn't do shit. :pctoss

Not too long ago he pulled a knife on me there and because I threatened to beat the fuck out of him, when the cops showed up they said we were both in the wrong because we both threatened each other (nevermind that he had a giant butcher knife and a criminal record and I am simply defending myself). They basically told us one of us had to leave. I was pretty irate because I didn't do shit, the guy was visibly fucked up on meth and pulled a knife on me and they're saying if one of us doesn't leave they don't care who they have to take in. Even my mom said it was him and they didn't give a shit. I fucking hate police now, buncha smarmy pricks.

Police are fucking useless unless you're already dead.

Leetonidas
01-27-2012, 12:08 AM
1M8vei3L0L8

:tu

Drachen
01-27-2012, 12:28 AM
1M8vei3L0L8

been singing this all the way home from work, but only know the chorus, so it was a little monotonous. thanks for the posting.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Have you called the phone and told them you know where they live?

I texted that I knew where they lived and the names and address of their landlords. No response. Oh and the cops wouldn't help because "you don't know what kind of people stole the phone, they could be dangerous".

Frenzy
01-27-2012, 01:33 AM
So you know where it is but police say ts? Sounds familiar...sadly not surprising.

Once me my two sisters where on I35 and got rear ended and my sister pulled over to swap insurance. Guy took off and my sister floored it after him. We were going about 90 on the freeway for a few miles and my other sister got on the phone to call the police. She told them what happened and the police said to pull over and let them handle it. My sister told them "but they will get away". Police simply said "pull over and wait for officers" sister told them the make and model and licence plate. She even told them where on the highway they were and what direction they were headed. We stopped and waited 12min and officer threatened her with a ticket for speeding endangering the public. No sympathy what so ever. Surprise surprise...the hit and run guy was never caught.

Latarian Milton
01-27-2012, 09:16 AM
call the cops but they ain't givin a FUCK bout your complaints, cops don't like you damn yellow asses no one likes you. next time they'll NOT only steal her cellphone imho

leemajors
01-27-2012, 09:17 AM
too many useless pot busts going on tbh, most of the time they can't make it out for minor wrecks.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 09:21 AM
too many useless pot busts going on tbh, most of the time they can't make it out for minor wrecks.

I just can't believe that I gift wrap the shit and they basically say tough. I used to know a lot of, let's say "undesirables", sometimes I wish I still knew a few. A few of my friends have offered to "be" undesirable, I turned them down though. They have kids/family and I can't ask that of them. I just have to let it go.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 09:23 AM
If you have an android phone (or I would assume apple has this too) make sure to install lookout mobile security or avast mobile security to make sure you can track your stuff.

I guess the moral of the story is don't bother with what I posted above. Its usless infuriating information.

bus driver
01-27-2012, 09:43 AM
when did the police become family therapist, although the hit and run story is fucked up.

anyways, tell canthinkofanything to bust in the door with his gun and shoot the phone out of the thieves hand....problem solved

leemajors
01-27-2012, 10:00 AM
I guess the moral of the story is don't bother with what I posted above. Its usless infuriating information.

it could be useful for insurance purposes if nothing else. if you happened to buy the phone with an AMEX or platinum MC they may have theft or damage coverage. worth looking into if so.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 10:03 AM
it could be useful for insurance purposes if nothing else. if you happened to buy the phone with an AMEX or platinum MC they may have theft or damage coverage. worth looking into if so.

I think those things only need a police report. I wish there was someplace online to do those. Why bring a useless human being into the equation. Just let me report it and be done with it.

DMC
01-27-2012, 10:20 AM
^still wouldn't do anything, imoAnd they were one over on their fish count.

mrsmaalox
01-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Drachen, did you contact your service provider? A similar thing happened to me a few years ago while traveling. I never bothered with police myself, but my provider immediately started pinpointing the location of the phone and they contacted the police. It lead to the busting of a huge family run theft ring in New Mexico! I didn't get my phone back for about a year because it was kept as evidence, but my provider got another phone to me about 24 hrs after the theft. And the theft ringleader went to prison for life! I'm sure if I had called the police myself they would have responded with "nothing we can do".

Why would cops be needed at minor car wrecks? If there are no injuries and the vehicles are drivable, just move them out of the damn way and call in a police report for your insurance company. I see fender benders, with people wasting cops' time every day. The cop literally tells them "Move your car out of the way, exchange info, and call in a report to this number".

resistanze
01-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Same thing happened to me a couple of years back, but replace android with car. I knew where the car was and didn't want to touch it. But the pigs refused to check it out. Called me over a week later and said the car wasn't there.

Got a good insurance claim however, and the car was eventually found in some underground garage in fucked up shape. And those cocksuckers gave me attitude when the found the car.

I wouldn't piss on a pig on fire. Fuck 'em.

resistanze
01-27-2012, 10:22 AM

leemajors
01-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Drachen, did you contact your service provider? A similar thing happened to me a few years ago while traveling. I never bothered with police myself, but my provider immediately started pinpointing the location of the phone and they contacted the police. It lead to the busting of a huge family run theft ring in New Mexico! I didn't get my phone back for about a year because it was kept as evidence, but my provider got another phone to me about 24 hrs after the theft. And the theft ringleader went to prison for life! I'm sure if I had called the police myself they would have responded with "nothing we can do".

Why would cops be needed at minor car wrecks? If there are no injuries and the vehicles are drivable, just move them out of the damn way and call in a police report for your insurance company. I see fender benders, with people wasting cops' time every day. The cop literally tells them "Move your car out of the way, exchange info, and call in a report to this number".

They aren't, but they used to.

Drachen, have you considered going down there to the station? It probably won't help, but you may be more likely to find a kindly ear in person.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 10:56 AM

yes, my wife was on the phone with them while I was remotely installing the tracking app. They actually sent a map with it's general location (real freaking general, like a circle with a 5 mile diameter). "Plan B" that I installed gave me a location to within 16 feet.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 11:00 AM
They aren't, but they used to.

Drachen, have you considered going down there to the station? It probably won't help, but you may be more likely to find a kindly ear in person.

The "help" i did get was only because I know someone who works at the police department so there is that. It's too late, I can't track it anymore (battery died, or they turned off the phone) so even if I could get a cop to help out, it is likely not at that house anymore.

JoeChalupa
01-27-2012, 11:07 AM
How did steal only her phone?

I. Hustle
01-27-2012, 11:20 AM
She left it on the nightstand.

DesignatedT
01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
newsflash: phone not stolen. wife just getting fucked

you're welcome

:lol

Drachen
01-27-2012, 11:33 AM
How did steal only her phone?

I am guessing took it out of the diaper bag while she was turned around? she had it when she walked in and didn't have when she got into the car. (I recognize that it is due to her not having it somewhere safe that it was stolen).

cheguevara
01-27-2012, 11:38 AM
you could set their car on fire.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 11:42 AM
you could set their car on fire.

There are three to choose from in the Gmaps picture.

cheguevara
01-27-2012, 11:45 AM
honestly there is this guy that owes my girl $300 of unpaid rent. Took him to court and everything.

I always wanted to mess him or his car up. But truly, I just don't have the time or will to drive 30 mins for that. Maybe if it was my $300 :)

I wish I was more like Don Corleone, fucker would not let shit like this fly.

oh well.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 11:50 AM
honestly there is this guy that owes my girl $300 of unpaid rent. Took him to court and everything.

I always wanted to mess him or his car up. But truly, I just don't have the time or will to drive 30 mins for that. Maybe if it was my $300 :)

I wish I was more like Don Corleone, fucker would not let shit like this fly.

oh well.

Yeah, but that fucker had cash to pay off the cops and backup to protect him from reprisal.

Creepn
01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Should've told them you got held at gunpoint.

wJWQix-Hnyg

Drachen
01-27-2012, 03:42 PM
^^ Bullshit ^^ They don't give a shit, and don't even believe that any of this stuff works.

Drachen
01-27-2012, 10:40 PM
So, we used my wife's insurance to get a new evo, which will be here on monday, but I looked around to see if I could get a better deal (after all it was a 100 dollar deductible). In the process I found a nexus s for 140 (they are selling for 200 for the most part). I inquired about it, but didn't get a response so we got the evo. Then the guy responded, so I ended up buying the nexus s so my wife has a phone today and then we will have a backup phone that is decent. I cancelled the insurance on our phones, so I figure I am "self-insuring" by having a backup phone and it will pay for itself in 8 months.

Trainwreck2100
01-27-2012, 11:16 PM
So, we used my wife's insurance to get a new evo, which will be here on monday, but I looked around to see if I could get a better deal (after all it was a 100 dollar deductible). In the process I found a nexus s for 140 (they are selling for 200 for the most part). I inquired about it, but didn't get a response so we got the evo. Then the guy responded, so I ended up buying the nexus s so my wife has a phone today and then we will have a backup phone that is decent. I cancelled the insurance on our phones, so I figure I am "self-insuring" by having a backup phone and it will pay for itself in 8 months.

Consumer reports consider phone insurance a scam anyway

MannyIsGod
01-27-2012, 11:48 PM
You should have told them there were protesters in the house. I'm sure they would have shown up in no time and a few tear gas canisters later you'd have your phone back.

ALVAREZ6
01-27-2012, 11:50 PM

You know where they live. Go to their house at 3AM one night and fuck their shit up. Explosives.

ALVAREZ6
01-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Molotov cocktails are simple. Throw a few through different windows and any cars in driveway. No neighbors will be up witnessing shit.

SourCandy
01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
So they couldn't help you cause of the small crime? Or because no one witnessed the crime or cause you know someone in law enforcement?(I use that term loosely)...ugh either way it's a shit of problem.

BjiZPohVRk8

Blake
01-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Molotov cocktails are simple. Throw a few through different windows and any cars in driveway. No neighbors will be up witnessing shit.

They now have a camera phone, tbh

Can't-be-faked
01-31-2012, 06:35 PM
She left it on the nightstand.

Drachen
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
So they couldn't help you cause of the small crime? Or because no one witnessed the crime or cause you know someone in law enforcement?(I use that term loosely)...ugh either way it's a shit of problem.

BjiZPohVRk8

Because a 500 dollar cell phone isn't worth it because it could be dangerous.

Drachen
02-01-2012, 09:35 AM
They now have a camera phone, tbh

Drachen
02-01-2012, 10:00 AM
just go buy another phone and stop acting like a stupid ass bitch looking at google maps.

tell your wife to stop being such a women and to take care of her shit when in a public setting

Reading is FUNdamental. I already got used phones...

soo...... Hmm

edit: FIFM