PDA

View Full Version : When Matt Bonner fakes the 3 and drives...

Beanzamillion21
01-27-2012, 05:17 PM
is he really faking anyone?

z0sa
01-27-2012, 05:19 PM
cool, another thread bitching about bonner after he just played well on both ends of the court

Beanzamillion21
01-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey man, i'm just sayin'

TJastal
01-27-2012, 05:23 PM
cool, another thread bitching about bonner after he just played well on both ends of the court

According to Timvp's grades thread he punked Josh Smith. That alone should earn him at least a week of downtime on the bitching parade.

jjktkk
01-27-2012, 05:34 PM
According to Timvp's grades thread he punked Josh Smith. That alone should earn him at least a week of downtime on the bitching parade.

:lol Well done. :toast

200 miles
01-27-2012, 06:01 PM

The only one who should be criticized right now should be Josh Smith. He just made Pop look like Coach of the Year. :lol

Mal
01-27-2012, 06:06 PM
When Matt Bonner fakes the 3 and drives...

I start to laugh :lol

therealtruth
01-27-2012, 06:06 PM
The only one who should be criticized right now should be Josh Smith. He just made Pop look like Coach of the Year. :lol

That's why I am not big on trying to get Josh Smith as some have suggested. Making Bonner look like a good NBA player doesn't reflect the best basketball IQ.

BRs.Ganso
01-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I start to laugh :lol

I get scared.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
01-28-2012, 07:15 AM
i realize our chances of him getting injured forever dramatically increase. and i start hoping for a big center bear to just sideline his ass

jag
01-28-2012, 11:27 AM

Both, you say?

8FOR!3
01-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Some of ya'll are 100% just haters. Bonner's got plenty of issues no doubt (defense and rebounding,) but he's a good three point shooter and his drive to the basket is pretty solid. He does a good job at making the floater or getting fouled. He even shoots a midrange pull up J sometimes. I swear I've seen it, even though most of you swear he has NO midrange game whatsoever.

Mr Fundamental
01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I close my eyes.

4>0rings
01-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Some of ya'll are 100% just haters. Bonner's got plenty of issues no doubt (defense and rebounding,) but he's a good three point shooter and his drive to the basket is pretty solid. He does a good job at making the floater or getting fouled. He even shoots a midrange pull up J sometimes. I swear I've seen it, even though most of you swear he has NO midrange game whatsoever.

:lmao

ElNono
01-28-2012, 01:47 PM
it means the offense broke down somehow...

NRHector
01-28-2012, 08:47 PM

this post should be blue

elemento
01-28-2012, 08:52 PM
"His drive to the basket is pretty solid"

8FOR!3 about Matt Bonner

This is sig worth :lmao

z0sa
01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Both, you say?

Bonner is a vastly underrated defender. He may not contest shots at the rim but otherwise, he is solid. His pick and roll defensive is especially strong.

BTW, I was referencing him guarding Josh Smith with good results.

Calispursfan11
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I think Bonner is better than he looks, which isn't saying much. That said, his fakes actually do sometimes result in something positive, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

Muser
01-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Holding his stubby little t rex arms up isn't good defense.

Calispursfan11
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Holding his stubby little t rex arms up isn't good defense.

T-Rex was the apex predator of some-assic period in history. So based on his descent, Boner should be able to make up for the short arms with pre-historic ferocity. But alas, he has evolved into a gentle lamb.

Sean Cagney
01-28-2012, 11:06 PM
I get scared.

I can assure yo the other team doesn't get scared at all :wow:lmao:lmao

vander
01-28-2012, 11:27 PM
my god, it is so fucking hilarious. these people, they absolutely can't see any fault in the big 3, (especially Manu) so what do they do to cope with the Spurs' failures? yep, they focus on Matt Bonner, 4th or 5th guy off the bench. Time after time, thread after thread, Matt Bonner is the only thing holding this team back from 9 straight championships and Manu being officially declared a Deity by the all nations on earth. :lol

Sean Cagney
01-29-2012, 12:21 AM
my god, it is so fucking hilarious. these people, they absolutely can't see any fault in the big 3, (especially Manu) so what do they do to cope with the Spurs' failures? yep, they focus on Matt Bonner, 4th or 5th guy off the bench. Time after time, thread after thread, Matt Bonner is the only thing holding this team back from 9 straight championships and Manu being officially declared a Deity by the all nations on earth. :lol

He is overplayed when his shot is not falling bar none! Pop seems to do just that in the playoffs or at times late in the year, and yes when he plays that mins he does when his shot is not falling he is one of the keys they are losing games because he brings nothing else to the table and still plays. He should not be a key to this team if his shot is not falling that night. I prefer Splitter anyday over this guy, glad he is not getting as many mins this year and Splitter is more. Bonner is what he is.

spectator
01-29-2012, 12:25 AM
the spurs get the lowest percentage shot on the court

gospursgojas
01-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Um...this won't be popular, but when Bonner fakes the 3 and drives he actually finishes more times than not.

therealtruth
01-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Bonner is a vastly underrated defender. He may not contest shots at the rim but otherwise, he is solid. His pick and roll defensive is especially strong.

BTW, I was referencing him guarding Josh Smith with good results.

Josh Smith doesn't have the best basketball iq. He's his own worst enemy on offense alot of times. He's got the athleticism to be a perenial allstar.

Bill_Brasky
01-29-2012, 07:14 AM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

That is how I feel when Bonner pulls this move.

Proxy
01-29-2012, 12:03 PM
He fakes me out in the sense that when his uncoordinated ass fakes the shot and drives, I'm thinking, "Wait... this guy is a fucking NBA caliber player?!".... then he makes it and I'm confused. Then he "runs" down the court and gets dunked on for an and-1 and gets out rebounded by everyone while playing defense like he's smoked several bowls... then makes 6 threes... and then disappears for the next ten games... and I'm all mind fucked, aka faked out with ankles broken in several places....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UJrpivMjpzE/TDoXy9kCw4I/AAAAAAAAAq0/akP8W7WgmHg/s1600/bonner.jpg

ffadicted
01-29-2012, 12:30 PM
according to timvp's grades thread he punked josh smith. That alone should earn him at least a week of downtime on the bitching parade.

10/10

smrattler
01-29-2012, 02:24 PM
I think he fakes himself more than anyone, because he looks like he has not clue what to do next.

dbestpro
01-29-2012, 02:40 PM
He fakes me out in the sense that when his uncoordinated ass fakes the shot and drives, I'm thinking, "Wait... this guy is a fucking NBA caliber player?!".... then he makes it and I'm confused. Then he "runs" down the court and gets dunked on for an and-1 and gets out rebounded by everyone while playing defense like he's smoked several bowls... then makes 6 threes... and then disappears for the next ten games... and I'm all mind fucked, aka faked out with ankles broken in several places....

This is one of the better Bonner reviews that I have read.