PDA

View Full Version : In this thread: You prove why Duncan is not boring

Nocioni
06-19-2005, 02:55 AM
http://img297.echo.cx/img297/1299/timd7tn.jpg

jalbre6
06-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Winning is never boring. And he's done an absolute shitload of it.

polandprzem
06-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Look at people calling him boring. They are talking about it all the time, all the time...
They are talkin , they are talking , they are talking...
all the time, all the time ,all the time...
Same thing ,same thing, same thing...

So who is boring?

(and I think I do not have to prove that Tim is not boring, I never get bored with Tim)

Sense
06-19-2005, 04:10 AM
He's the best player in the game, if you are a smart fan of basketball you know he isn't boring..

cmc$purs
06-19-2005, 07:48 AM
this thread bores me
TIMMY KICKS ASS :tu

SpursWoman
06-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Winning is never boring. And he's done an absolute shitload of it.

That's about all I can say. :)

WayDowntownBang
06-19-2005, 08:26 AM
You have to admit that Timmy isn't as 'exciting' as 99% of the league.

I'll STILL take Timmy on my team anyway. Exciting doesn't win championships.

Hook Dem
06-19-2005, 08:30 AM
"Exciting doesn't win championships."............Exactly!!!!! Happy Fathers Day Tim!!!! It's just gonna come a day late as he returns to San Antonio. :king

Vashner
06-19-2005, 08:49 AM

No.. YOU have to admit that TO YOU he isn't exciting...

MadDog73
06-19-2005, 09:03 AM

He's more exciting than Ben Wallace... :rolleyes

SouthernFried
06-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Nice Pic...dumb thread.

ObiwanGinobili
06-19-2005, 09:31 AM
http://img297.echo.cx/img297/1299/timd7tn.jpg

awwww .. thats such a nice picture.

I don't find timmy boring at all. So there is really nothign for me to "prove".

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-19-2005, 10:24 AM
When Tim Duncan is focused, when he is the leader of this team... he is not boring.

When Tim's on his game, he's surgically precise with his abilities. That surgical ability is as fun to watch as it is deadly to opposing teams.

The Spurs need that Tim Duncan tonight.

NameDropper
06-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Rumor has it Tim is into video games so he can't be boring...unless you find video games boring.

SoundTheToll
06-19-2005, 10:27 AM

Ditto. That pretty much sums it up.

SoundTheToll
06-19-2005, 10:29 AM
He's more exciting than Ben Wallace... :rolleyes

Ummmm, no I disagree. Ben runs the floor better, which leads to more fastbreak opportunities. Ben can grab some unbelievable 1-handed boards, and he swats shots. He doesn't block, he swats. Ben's speed and quickness translate to him being a more exciting player, but he's still no Tim Duncan. Duncan doesn't have to be exciting. He just dominates and wins. That's what's so great about him.

samikeyp
06-19-2005, 10:30 AM
When "exciting" becomes a statistic, then I will care.

MadDog73
06-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Ummmm, no I disagree. Ben runs the floor better, which leads to more fastbreak opportunities. Ben can grab some unbelievable 1-handed boards, and he swats shots. He doesn't block, he swats. Ben's speed and quickness translate to him being a more exciting player, but he's still no Tim Duncan. Duncan doesn't have to be exciting. He just dominates and wins. That's what's so great about him.

I was being sarcastic, I think Ben is great to watch.

But to me, Championship Tim is exciting, too. Lately he hasn't been, but then again, Ben wasn't too exciting in Game 1 and 2 either.

catydid
06-19-2005, 01:22 PM
All you have to do is watch Tim play to know and understand that he is certainly NOT boring. His basic fundamental plays are exciting enough and then those flashes of glitz. The people who say he is boring really don't know basketball, are not true fans and have no appreciation for true basketball form.

Summers
06-19-2005, 01:29 PM
On the court, his ability to completely control his emotions and not take the bait when he's being played hard fascinates me. On a side note, Tayshaun Prince has the same on-court personality; how come nobody calls him boring?

Off the court, he's funny as crap. I love watching post-games because the local media knows his dry sense of humor; the national media always does this little pause when he says crap as if they're thinking, "Was that supposed to be funny?"

Smart, funny, immensely talented... What's not to love?

JamStone
06-19-2005, 02:13 PM
"Boring" like "good-looking" is a subjective description. It completely depends on each individual's opinion.

And, being "boring" has nothing to do with him being the greatest power forward in the history of the NBA, which in my opinion, he is. He's a great player, a great ambassador of basketball, and a great winner. Personality wise, he might not be as outgoing or interesting as some other NBA players, but we as fans don't really know that for sure, but for his on court demeanor and how he is in interviews.

Just like people might mischaracterize Rasheed Wallace as an "asshole" (as some Spurs fans have called him, I'm sure the perception of Tim Duncan being "boring" is not very accurage at all either.

sickdsm
06-19-2005, 02:17 PM

Ben is more exciting but i think its laughable about him running the floor better. Tim does a pretty good job for his size running.

Swats are what you do when your a rookie. Blocks is what you do when you learn to keep the ball in play.

Ben blocks, Birdman and Eddie Griffen swat.

exstatic
06-19-2005, 03:02 PM
1) Tim hates dealing with the press.
2) Tim is very private.

Rather than being rude, he spouts cliches and makes them not WANT to talk to him. If he acts boring, it's a ploy to get the press disinterested in him.

cheguevara
06-19-2005, 03:04 PM

When Tim plays(which he hasn't in game 3,4) it's like watching a perfect machine in motion, it's great. He's like an engine who's been designed by 100s of engineers with one goal, to help win games. When he plays his best he's as beautiful as the BMW 500hp V10. Games 3,4 he's been more like a Honda 4cyl 89hp :rolleyes

ObiwanGinobili
06-19-2005, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=Summers]On the court, his ability to completely control his emotions and not take the bait when he's being played hard fascinates me. [QUOTE]

Exacto-freakin-lutely.
I think the average is 1 time a season (??) that we see him lose his cool or act like an asswipe out on the court.
For most other NBa players of his ability or profile that average is more like 50% of games played and up.

I love watching the contrast of Tim - cool, calm, collected, focused vs. the guy he's playing against toally pissed, emotional and crybaby the whole game.
that's entertainment.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-19-2005, 03:40 PM
I'd take a boring winner any day of the week. The criticism of TD reminds me a lot of how Pete Sampras was treated in tennis, and all he did was win...

nkdlunch
06-19-2005, 03:58 PM
When Tim plays(which he hasn't in game 3,4) it's like watching a perfect machine in motion, it's great. He's like an engine who's been designed by 100s of engineers with one goal, to help win games. When he plays his best he's as beautiful as the BMW 500hp V10. Games 3,4 he's been more like a Honda 4cyl 89hp :rolleyes

Love the comparison. If Duncan performs like this beast, Motown should not be called Motown again:

http://www.germancarfans.com/news/2040623.001/2040623.001.1M.jpg

GopherSA
06-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Nocioni, don't mistake boring for efficient.

Smooth is fast. Efficient is boring.

Don't forget the ancient curse of, "may you live in interesting times."

I'll take our boring, non-tattoo covered, non-blunt smoking Spurs over 'Sheed and the boys any day.