PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are missing their best player

Findog's Ex Fiancee
01-27-2012, 10:15 PM
It appears that a lot of posters seem to be unaware that the Spurs are missing an important piece of their roster. Their best overall player, best clutch player, their best perimeter team defender, and the only guard that will consistently get the ball to Splitter.

If you take the best player off any team, they will display inconsistency.

Ginobili's absence forces Duncan to play a role that he can no longer play effectively. It forces Parker to exert too much energy. It forces too many minutes for inconsistent bench players like Jefferson and Green. It renders Blair as completely useless, since Manu makes him look decent.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-27-2012, 10:15 PM
That was a very very winnable game

spurtech09
01-27-2012, 10:16 PM
manu plz get well soon the spurs need you :(

ducks
01-27-2012, 10:23 PM
anyone but rj would have hit that wide open three
that miss was huge
the young guys need more experience on road
rj sucks

rj being in there was on pop

spurtech09
01-27-2012, 10:24 PM
anyone but rj would have hit that wide open three
that miss was huge
the young guys need more experience on road
rj sucks

rj being in there was on pop
rj ain't that bad...everybody misses shots

ducks
01-27-2012, 10:26 PM
rj sucks made 4 then brinked the rest of the game

spurtech09
01-27-2012, 10:28 PM
rj sucks made 4 then brinked the rest of the game
how much did you make out there ducks?:lol

Caeman
01-27-2012, 10:29 PM
WTF does Manu missing have anything to do with the TOSB's performance tonight? Was Manu going to stop Pekovic from dancing around the TOSB?

I really want to know.

Findog's Ex Fiancee
01-27-2012, 10:31 PM
WTF does Manu missing have anything to do with the TOSB's performance tonight? Was Manu going to stop Pekovic from dancing around the TOSB?

I really want to know.

Spurs didn't allow too many points, they failed down the stretch. Their problem was offense.

With Gino in the game, they don't go to Duncan on consecutive plays in clutch time.

Sean Cagney
01-28-2012, 02:38 AM

I really want to know.

LOL at your name and believe and the AVI, but you call him TOSB in every post outta disrespect to our legend! You are a troll and it shows fully now, you are just here pushing buttons.... Go back to being whoever you are because you surely are not a Spurs fan.

xmas1997
01-28-2012, 09:58 AM
After being on this forum for a while, it is becoming clearer and clearer who the idiots, bitchers, and complaining whiners are, thus who to disregard and who to pay attention to.
It's a total waste of time to read those threads once you know who they are, they have nothing constructive or illuminating to say, contrary to those who do.
Some only want to hear what they want to hear, and their lives usually reflect their posts and threads:flag:.

SpursRock20
01-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Going into last night's game I felt that the Spurs were probably going to lose. Yes it was a winnable game but the odds were definitely not in their favor. This T'Wolves team is nothing like the T'Wolves of the past. And it's hard to expect the Spurs to win a game on the road without a back-up point guard and the team's best player.

We are just a month into the season, there is little reason to get so down on the Spurs after a loss. It's funny how after a win, people start proposing that we may not need Manu until the playoffs but after a loss we are a terrible team that needs to tank.

The way I see it, is that the Spurs are one of maybe 26 teams that have been playing inconsistent this season. That mentioned, the Spurs have been hit hardest by the injury bug out of all 30 teams. Spurs just have to weather the storm and take wins where they can get them. As long as they play competitively during Manu's absence, I'm happy. Just remember Manu will be back in to 2-3 weeks and so will Ford. We're doing okay, guys.

GO SPURS GO

xmas1997
01-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Going into last night's game I felt that the Spurs were probably going to lose. Yes it was a winnable game but the odds were definitely not in their favor. This T'Wolves team is nothing like the T'Wolves of the past. And it's hard to expect the Spurs to win a game on the road without a back-up point guard and the team's best player.

We are just a month into the season, there is little reason to get so down on the Spurs after a loss. It's funny how after a win, people start proposing that we may not need Manu until the playoffs but after a loss we are a terrible team that needs to tank.

The way I see it, is that the Spurs are one of maybe 26 teams that have been playing inconsistent this season. That mentioned, the Spurs have been hit hardest by the injury bug out of all 30 teams. Spurs just have to weather the storm and take wins where they can get them. As long as they play competitively during Manu's absence, I'm happy. Just remember Manu will be back in to 2-3 weeks and so will Ford. We're doing okay, guys.

GO SPURS GO

I tend to agree. And realistically even with TJ and Manu back 100%, TD is still in the tail end of his stellar career and deserves respect for all his accomplishments for his own and our behalf.
That said, I would not be against the Spurs tanking this season in order to get into this upcoming draft lottery. I would still root for them, win or lose.
And it might even be the wisest move for them to make at this point in TD and Manu careers in order to position themselves for a championship season next year.
I won't bitch and moan and whine about it either way.:flag:

SpursRock20
01-28-2012, 11:02 AM
I tend to agree. And realistically even with TJ and Manu back 100%, TD is still in the tail end of his stellar career and deserves respect for all his accomplishments for his own and our behalf.
That said, I would not be against the Spurs tanking this season in order to get into this upcoming draft lottery. I would still root for them, win or lose.
And it might even be the wisest move for them to make at this point in TD and Manu careers in order to position themselves for a championship season next year.
I won't bitch and moan and whine about it either way.:flag:
Good point. But in a PR perspective, tanking can't happen. The AT&T center is still getting great attendance. Also, the Spurs are above .500 and we're just a month into the season. Can't possibly think about tanking now.

On top of that, there are only 2 teams that scare me out in the west and can beat the Spurs even if we were playing our best ball, and that is the Thunder and Grizzlies. I feel that we can beat everyone else in a best-of-7 providing that we are healthy. (I know that this is not too likely).

If we come out of the Road Trip a couple games below .500 and 3-4 games outside of the 8th seed, then tanking should become a possibility, but not now.

Donut
01-28-2012, 10:41 PM
It appears that a lot of posters seem to be unaware that the Spurs are missing an important piece of their roster. Their best overall player, best clutch player, their best perimeter team defender, and the only guard that will consistently get the ball to Splitter.

If you take the best player off any team, they will display inconsistency.

Ginobili's absence forces Duncan to play a role that he can no longer play effectively. It forces Parker to exert too much energy. It forces too many minutes for inconsistent bench players like Jefferson and Green. It renders Blair as completely useless, since Manu makes him look decent.

Damn a post that actually makes sense and doesn't add to the hysteria...

Calispursfan11
01-28-2012, 10:52 PM
damn a post that actually makes sense and doesn't add to the hysteria...

+1!!

Sean Cagney
01-28-2012, 11:07 PM
All true points from OP.

jason1301
01-29-2012, 02:03 AM
3 out 8 losses were by 3pts or less. Our record would be much different with Manu in the team. He is our best closer.