PDA

View Full Version : Iran - Hopeful over IAEA visit

Agloco
01-28-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/27/world/meast/iran-nuclear-iaea/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Iran's envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency said Friday he is hopeful that the recent planned visit by representatives of the nuclear watchdog will "resolve any ambiguity and show (our) transparency and cooperation with the agency."

"This trip is aimed at neutralizing enemy plots ... and baseless allegations, and proving the peaceful nature of our nuclear activities," Ali Asghar Soltanieh told the state-run Islamic Republican News Agency.

I see a big sense of urgency as evidenced by the presence of Grossi and Nackaerts. Lets hope that something positive comes out of this visit.

mercos
01-28-2012, 11:38 AM
While I remain hopeful that the situation can be handled peacefully, I'm afraid the two likeliest outcomes of this situation are war or a nuclear Iran. The Iranians just seem to be playing cat and mouse games. Any time the situation gets tense they invite IAEA inspectors or shows signs that they are ready to negotiate, but it never leads anywhere. On the flip side, Israel will not allow Iran to get the bomb. The computer viruses and assassinations are just measures to by some time and give negotiations a chance. If I had to guess I would say sometime this year Israel will strike if Iran does not back down.

CubanMustGo
01-28-2012, 12:00 PM
No, they thought that IKEA was coming to open a store ...

Spur_Fanatic
01-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Seriously, I hope Iran gets bombed to hell.