PDA

View Full Version : This question goes out to the competitive ball players

TDfan2007
01-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Have you had games or stretches where you couldn't throw it into the ocean?

I ask this because those who play know that bad shooting games happen from time to time. Timmy had just such a game last night. Get over it. The guy still grabbed 10 boards, dished out 4 assists, and had 4 blocks. If anything, Timmy wasn't aggressive enough. With Manu out, and our young guys struggling on the road, he and Tony have to be more aggressive.

Timmy deserves criticism for his lack of shot making and aggressiveness last night and last night only, but what he doesn't deserve is all of the posts calling him done, and stating that last night was the norm. The guy has had twenty point games against Bogut, Okafor, and Gortat, all of whom are very good defenders. He also had 17 and 10 against the best center in the league. The man is 35, has one knee with tendinosis, one knee with cartillage issues, and is having to handle a ridiculous load due to Manu's absence and Blair's continued existence in the starting lineup. Some of you guys need to get a clue, be realistic, and enjoy what may be our franchise hero's last season.

maddnezz
01-28-2012, 05:11 PM
This!

jimo2305
01-28-2012, 05:31 PM
don't take what those posters say seriously..

Caeman
01-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Have you had games or stretches where you couldn't throw it into the ocean?

I ask this because those who play know that bad shooting games happen from time to time. Timmy had just such a game last night. Get over it. The guy still grabbed 10 boards, dished out 4 assists, and had 4 blocks. If anything, Timmy wasn't aggressive enough. With Manu out, and our young guys struggling on the road, he and Tony have to be more aggressive.

Timmy deserves criticism for his lack of shot making and aggressiveness last night and last night only, but what he doesn't deserve is all of the posts calling him done, and stating that last night was the norm. The guy has had twenty point games against Bogut, Okafor, and Gortat, all of whom are very good defenders. He also had 17 and 10 against the best center in the league. The man is 35, has one knee with tendinosis, one knee with cartillage issues, and is having to handle a ridiculous load due to Manu's absence and Blair's continued existence in the starting lineup. Some of you guys need to get a clue, be realistic, and enjoy what may be our franchise hero's last season.

The old man played tired. The old man played old. The old man played like a shitbag. You put it together. It's only going to get worse from here on out. Don't believe me? Check the stats; they're heading down the shitter. Moreover, if you're on your way to a 2/12 shooting night then I believe you should be LESS aggressive, not more. When Timmy tried to get his on the offensive end Pekovic and co made him look tired, old, and like a shitbag. None of this is deniable.

mercos
01-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Duncan is not done. He had a bad shooting night last night. It happens. I honestly think outside of last night he looks better this year than he did last year. He can still be a contributor on a championship team. He is not the alpha dog anymore though. Manu took that title away a few seasons ago. What is developing this year is that Splitter has become a more effective low post option. Duncan has looked his best in the high post. The sooner Pop makes the adjustment and positions his bigs properly, Duncan will perform better as will the team.

widowmaker
01-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Duncan is not done. He had a bad shooting night last night. It happens. I honestly think outside of last night he looks better this year than he did last year. He can still be a contributor on a championship team. He is not the alpha dog anymore though. Manu took that title away a few seasons ago. What is developing this year is that Splitter has become a more effective low post option. Duncan has looked his best in the high post. The sooner Pop makes the adjustment and positions his bigs properly, Duncan will perform better as will the team.

People are just fucking stupid and think that just because Duncan had a bad night he's done. That's just straight stupid. It looked to me like the whole team didn't get it done and that's the real problem. Let's hope everybody pulls their heads out of their asses for tomorrow and against Memphis on Monday.

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-28-2012, 07:00 PM
When Timmy tried to get his on the offensive end Pekovic and co made him look tired, old, and like a shitbag. None of this is deniable.

So, does that mean Dirk is done just because he had a bad night against the Spurs a couple weeks ago? He scored 6 points against us, but Dirk is Dirk, he is one of the best, & Duncan is Duncan, he is one of the best, you have no eye for intangibles, and you're prematurely ejaculating because Pekovic had a good night. If you turned the clock back 2 years, Pekovic would have been mouth-raped like he should have been last night.

therealtruth
01-28-2012, 08:33 PM
There's no problem if Tim takes a lesser role in the offense and allows other guys to score more. He should really only be looking to score if he's open or has a mismatch. I don't think the Spurs can create offense through him. If the double teams don't come he struggles to score on his man consistently. The centers he's going against are longer and bigger than him and because of his lost mobility just as fast or faster than him.

Caeman
01-28-2012, 09:08 PM
So, does that mean Dirk is done just because he had a bad night against the Spurs a couple weeks ago? He scored 6 points against us, but Dirk is Dirk, he is one of the best, & Duncan is Duncan, he is one of the best, you have no eye for intangibles, and you're prematurely ejaculating because Pekovic had a good night. If you turned the clock back 2 years, Pekovic would have been mouth-raped like he should have been last night.

I wouldn't use Dirk as an example. That tired old sucker took 4 games off to get his leg under him. Try again though.

BoricuaCJA
01-28-2012, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't use Dirk as an example. That tired old sucker took 4 games off to get his leg under him. Try again though.
Hi Troll! :nerd

Donut
01-28-2012, 11:17 PM
I think everyone is forgetting that guys get old. It happens. In SA in particular, people forget that Robinson had a young TD to defer to; TD has an injured Manu to defer to. Its not the same thing. There are gonna be games where he can't produce a 'W'.

spectator
01-28-2012, 11:55 PM

troll troll troll troll! troll trolly trolly troll. troll troll?

Sean Cagney
01-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Tim has more miles on his legs than most dudes out there, good lord cut him some slack fans and realize he got the team 4 titles as their best player and they had NONE before he got to SA so any real fan calling him a TOSB is just disrespect and flat out ignorant (You konw who you are). They should honestly be banned by now or apologize.