PDA

View Full Version : Drew Gooden - 23, 15 and 6 yesterday vs Bulls, 19 and 5 after 3 quarters vs Lakers

lefty
01-28-2012, 10:16 PM
:stirpot:

Calispursfan11
01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
His numbers are pretty solid this year too. Yet another former Spur doing better elsewhere. I guess it makes sense. There are few opportunities to pad stats in Pop's system alongside the big three.

lefty
01-28-2012, 10:27 PM
His numbers are pretty solid this year too. Yet another former Spur doing better elsewhere. I guess it makes sense. There are few opportunities to pad stats in Pop's system alongside the big three.
Gooden can't spread the floor

TDMVPDPOY
01-28-2012, 10:32 PM
pops system fcks up so many players thats being underutilised....

Calispursfan11
01-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Gooden can't spread the floor

Boner can.

Calispursfan11
01-28-2012, 10:34 PM
pops system fcks up so many players thats being underutilised....

Agree - as much as RJ is a huge tool, maybe he is also being under-utilized.

lefty
01-28-2012, 10:35 PM
mm... interesting point

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-28-2012, 10:45 PM
of course he is. hes a scorer and needs the ball in his hand to be effective. pretty sure RJ can still create his own shot but pop wont let him.

Calispursfan11
01-28-2012, 10:45 PM
I vaguely remember Drew's first year or two with the Griz. I watched a few of their games and really thought he was going to do some damage as a solid big throughout his career. He has kind of faded out of the spotlight the past few years but seems to be revitalized recently. I never thought he would be a franchise player, but definitely seemed like a potential decent second or third option on most teams.

Calispursfan11
01-28-2012, 10:50 PM
of course he is. hes a scorer and needs the ball in his hand to be effective. pretty sure RJ can still create his own shot but pop wont let him.

He's clearly talented and athletic even as he hits upwards of 30, but I'm not sure what the thought process paying RJ to play here. He has never quite fit in with his talents. He's become a really good corner 3 shooter, to his credit and adjusted his game, but it's like oil and water sometimes with pop's system. I like that he seems to be handling the criticism well, but you just wish the FO would have found a better fit in the first place. As bad a marriage as it has been, I don't think it compares to the Melo/Amare fiasco in NY.

ElNono
01-28-2012, 10:53 PM
I'll take Finley at the 4, thank you

Sean Cagney
01-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I'll take Finley at the 4, thank you

I am so sick of the team since 06 or so man lol, since we are talking about Bonner and Finley at the 4 :lol:depressed:depressed. I miss the good old days of BIGS here.

spectator
01-28-2012, 11:17 PM
:stirpot:

i have a buddy in cleveland who saw him for a while there. he told me that on certain nights, he looks like a borderline all-star, and some other nights he completely disappears. exactly what happened here.

also, he plays horrendous defense. no thanks.

I am so sick of the team since 06 or so man lol, since we are talking about Bonner and Finley at the 4 :lol:depressed:depressed. I miss the good old days of BIGS here.

i guess u did not like the 07 championship team

lefty
01-28-2012, 11:21 PM
i have a buddy in cleveland who saw him for a while there. he told me that on certain nights, he looks like a borderline all-star, and some other nights he completely disappears. exactly what happened here.

also, he plays horrendous defense. no thanks.

i guess u did not like the 07 championship team
in 07, Finley wasnt a PF, and Oberto did a good job

And I would take an inconsistent Gooden of shitty Bonner anyday

Leetonidas
01-28-2012, 11:27 PM
WTF? Gooden is the RJ of PFs. No thanks.

maddnezz
01-29-2012, 12:00 AM
So sad, people are so bored that they care what ex spurs players are doing. Like a old girlfriend that gave you the clap but you still hold a place in your heart for her. Sick man, just sick . Moving on......:rolleyes

DMC
01-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Gooden has failed on so many different teams. Sean said that if he did good against his former teams, he would always do good.

spectator
01-29-2012, 12:15 AM
So sad, people are so bored that they care what ex spurs players are doing.

in other news, robert horry won last night's bingo ball at the local YMCA. robert says he can still be on a title team as a towel boy and plans to take towelling classes at a community college that meets on the left side of the bingo ball room at the Y. robert will donate 1/10 of his earnings to the michael finley power forward foundation, which assists underprivileged 6'5, 40 year olds into getting a PF spot on a d-league team to pursue their dreams of playing in the nba. horry also intends to donate the rest of his earnings to the shattered dreams foundation, which helps the aforementioned d-leaguers to put their lives together once they realize there is no way that is ever going to happen; the foundation would also send letters to these players, asking them kindly to put down the pipe.

mingus
01-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Only thing worse defensively than a Blair/Bonner frontcourt would be a Blair/Gooden frontcourt.

jjktkk
01-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Has Gooden played for all 30 teams yet?

gospursgojas
01-29-2012, 01:24 AM
How'd Ian, beno, hill, Novak, rmj, and Keith bogans do tonight?

slick'81
01-29-2012, 01:24 AM
hes been in beast mode whenever bogut has gone down and now jesus dude looks like wilt or some shit lol

hes also hit 2 two threes :wow

therealtruth
01-29-2012, 02:33 AM

RJ needs touches to play his best. That's why his role with TJ Ford and the second unit was really helping him. Manu and Ford going down really hurts him because of the lack of playmaking.

will_spurs
01-29-2012, 03:48 AM
How'd Ian, beno, hill, Novak, rmj, and Keith bogans do tonight?

You forgot Scola, Nazr and a few others :)

Plumblbw
01-29-2012, 03:48 AM
RJ needs touches to play his best. That's why his role with TJ Ford and the second unit was really helping him. Manu and Ford going down really hurts him because of the lack of playmaking.

Is there any news on when TJ will return?

5in10
01-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Nothing like some empty stats whooooo!

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-29-2012, 04:17 AM

Of course he is. The first year in silver, RJ could still create his own shot, the second year, he still took it to the hoop from time to time, & the third year he has been reduced to a long range shooter. Pop, the great coach that he still is, needs to acknowledge RJ's gift as a 3 point shooter, but don't turn him into a one trick pony, RJ is still spry, and maybe some confidence dunks would inspire RJ to play harder all around the court.

Kamnik
01-29-2012, 04:20 AM
This is really thread worthy?

Ice009
01-29-2012, 04:36 AM
Is there any news on when TJ will return?

No news on TJ, but I think I might want a beer after seeing your avatar. Haven't have a Duvel for a very long time.

Spurs da champs
01-29-2012, 04:37 AM
He's overrated & very inconsistent.

TJastal
01-29-2012, 07:06 AM
I'll tell you what, Gooden's defense would be a helluva lot better out there than Blair or Bonner. I'd take Gooden in a heartbeat, still have no idea why Pop got rid of him, he's exactly what the team needs right now, which is an athletic PF who can bang and board. Gooden has good range on his jumper, too.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2012, 07:17 AM
gotto love the guy who has a weird goat looking haircut

Wild Cobra Kai
01-29-2012, 10:25 AM

:lol:lol:rollin The guy is on his NINTH team in his TENTH season, and spent exactly 19 games here after being RELEASED by a team, and he's somehow "yet another former Spur doing better elsewhere"? WTF? He's been traded three times IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON. No one likes this asshole, because he Cadillacs it at about 70% effort as the default. He's also only getting minutes because Bogut is out, yet again.

Wild Cobra Kai
01-29-2012, 10:30 AM
I'll tell you what, Gooden's defense would be a helluva lot better out there than Blair or Bonner. I'd take Gooden in a heartbeat, still have no idea why Pop got rid of him, he's exactly what the team needs right now, which is an athletic PF who can bang and board. Gooden has good range on his jumper, too.

Gooden sucks worse than Bonner on defense, which is why Skiles is only now playing him with Bogut out, and he bangs ONLY the offensive glass, which the Spurs by default abandon to get back on D. He had 8 games of less than 15 minutes played before Bogut's injury. He does have a nice jumper, but frankly, Bonner's is better and has more range.

elemento
01-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Gooden still sucks

Don't let this game affect your mind

Wild Cobra Kai
01-29-2012, 10:44 AM
WTF? Gooden is the RJ of PFs. No thanks.

I was actually thinking the Rashard Lewis, but your analogy works, too. Good numbers on bad teams, but doesn't really help in any meaningful way to win games.