PDA

View Full Version : NBC demans Mitt Romney to pull news material from his add

cheguevara
01-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Thought this was interesting and wanted to hear some thoughts. The add is attacking Gingrich.

I understand where Brokaw is coming from but IMO he said what he said and he should stand behind his comments. Why would he feel uncomfortable? It's just a news broadcast and he should not have said it if he did not agree with it.

fuck that, I am on Robot Romney's side on this one, it's a pretty valid point he bring with that ad. Gingrich is a damn snake.

Mr. Brokaw, speaking for himself, said, ”I am extremely uncomfortable with the extended use of my personal image in this political ad. I do no want my role as a journalist compromised for political gain by any campaign.”

Today Romney’s camp told reporters they believe the ad falls within fair use standards and do not intend to take it down.

http://www.observer.com/2012/01/mitt-romney-makes-tom-brokaw-extremely-uncomfortable/

Pr5BRm1_Fv4

baseline bum
01-28-2012, 11:25 PM
LOL, that's a fucking killer ad.

spursncowboys
01-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Mr. Brokaw... "I do no want my role as a journalist compromised for political gain by any campaign.” :lmao

TheProfessor
01-29-2012, 12:29 AM
I can understand why he would be uncomfortable with his reporting being used as a political cudgel, but it shouldn't be pulled.

Halberto
01-29-2012, 01:02 AM
LOL I loved it