PDA

View Full Version : Great Play or Douche?

timvp
01-29-2012, 05:36 PM
WVnE2eHRYvU

Props, LeBron you jumped over the midget that is John Lucas III. Quality play. Amazing, really.

But then turning around and staring at him in douche fashion negated it, tbhimotbh.

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2012, 05:37 PM
The dunk wouldn't have been as effective, if he hadn't added a staredown..street etiquette..

Next to VC over Weis, this was arguably the greatest dunk of all-time..

timvp
01-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Staring down someone who looks small enough to be a five-year-old in comparison is bad form tbqfwy..

BUMP
01-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Great play

And it's just the character of the african-american male to stare down somebody for no reason so I don't hold it against him tbh

Oh yeah, and Eric Dampier, Ignorant Spurs Fan, and The 4cc Dictionary still would like to be reinstated

midnightpulp
01-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Great play

And it's just the character of the african-american male to stare down somebody for no reason so I don't hold it against him tbh

Oh yeah, and Eric Dampier, Ignorant Spurs Fan, and The 4cc Dictionary still would like to be reinstated

:lol

jag
01-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Par for the course. I'm only surprised when he uncharacteristically isn't a douche.

timvp
01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Staring down someone who looks small enough to be a five-year-old in comparison is bad form tbqfwy..

Then again, tbh, I'm a Spurs fan so my opinion on high flying dunks is about as valuable as a typical Rocket Fan take.

DeadlyDynasty
01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Staring down a guy half his size...KG would be proud:lol

ElNono
01-29-2012, 05:48 PM

tbh, I like the display of self-restrain from using unequivocally wrong words to express how you really feel. Keep it up :tu

DPG21920
01-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Great play. So rare you can't help but flex. He would have flexed on anyone, wasn't just bc it was a scrub.

ElNono
01-29-2012, 05:50 PM
More than a staredown, I think he was just checking how tall was the guy he jumped over to asses the position of the dunk on the ESPN top 10 plays that night, IMO.

jag
01-29-2012, 05:50 PM
And it's just the character of the african-american male to stare down somebody for no reason

True. In the streets, Lucas is considered a "little-ass nigga". He has three options:

1) Take being treated like a "little-ass nigga"
2) Stop playing basketball
3) Stab and/or shoot LeBron

This is the "urban" way.

Ace
01-29-2012, 05:52 PM
He got in the way and almost undercut James. Stare down was a warning to get out the way next time imo...

mavs>spurs
01-29-2012, 06:03 PM
:wow Damn, say what you will but I've never seen that before. Caught an oop by jumping over another mans head.

Red Hawk #21
01-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Great play by Lebron. Lucas is always getting dunked on tbh.

Killakobe81
01-29-2012, 06:24 PM
The dunk wouldn't have been as effective, if he hadn't added a staredown..street etiquette..

Next to VC over Weis, this was arguably the greatest dunk of all-time..

GTFO, Harlem. That is not even Lebron's best dunk. Wade on Verejao and Gibson on wade were nastier. Starks on Bulls was better. Nique's tip dunk was better. Pippen's nuts in Ewing's shoulder were all better.

For Lebron the with no regard for human life was more impressive.

anybody that plays ball no lob dunks are much easier. I could dunk in HS with a lob, almost impossible for me without a wide open lane with ball in hand because I could not palm a ball cleanly ...

mavs>spurs
01-29-2012, 06:25 PM
To me, my favorite Lebron dunk was when the TOSB fell in slow motion haha

Killakobe81
01-29-2012, 06:26 PM
I also disagree with timvp I dont mind a stare on a impressive play like that.

Dunk of the year so far, no doubt maybe only Griffin on Lakers is in contention, but all-time status ...not ready for that yet ...but if they could make a poster with Lebron fully extended that would be sick!!!

Killakobe81
01-29-2012, 06:27 PM

Thought about that one too ... but didnt want to appear to be trolling ...:lol

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
:lol an alley-oop with another player in your way is historic..

Lebron saw the defender in front of him..he still went for the oop, knowing that it's a dangerous and difficult play, he could have easily fell and suffered a serious injury..it's one of the best dunks of all-time, considering the difficulty and potential health hazards..

:lol the posters that have a problem with the staredown are the same posters that have a problem with KG's antics..mostly Caucasians/suburban residents IMO..

DMC
01-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Great dunk. Sucks to be Lucas in that instance, but he's out there playing pro ball, he gets what he gets.

Killakobe81
01-29-2012, 06:30 PM
:lol an alley-oop with another player in your way is historic..

Lebron saw the defender in front of him..he still went for the oop, knowing that it's a dangerous and difficult play, he could have easily fell and suffered a serious injury..it's one of the best dunks of all-time, considering the difficulty and potential health hazards..

:lol the posters that have a problem with the staredown are the same posters that have a problem with KG's antics..mostly Caucasians/suburban residents IMO..

very impressive, just not all-time for me. Weiss was a 7 footer, and Vc came from further out. You are right he could of been hurt, but I dont think Lebron even saw him there ...wish he would of described it better when the chick showed it on the Ipad ...plus as someone said he kind of undercut him late Lebron didnt just straight leap over like VC did ...

DMC
01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Blake's dunks are fucking sick, but this one was up there with the best I've seen during a game.

jjktkk
01-29-2012, 06:33 PM

Bron Bron needs to seek out MJ and Pippen about proper stare downs.

Killakobe81
01-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Watch it again, Harlem. Lucas was not quite in his path until after he leaped ...

But Im not hating ...Like I said. just think he has done better. Look at the Sports science on the no regard for human life dunk, the speed force and torque he generated was crazy. If a prime HAkeem, Zo, Dikembe had went after THAT dunk ... wow that would of been sick, wish KG had got over quicker so we could of seen those two collide.

DMC
01-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Definitely not as bad as RJ putting his nuts on someone after a dunk.

LakerHater
01-29-2012, 06:37 PM
https://yfrog.com/nre5uep:iphone

InK
01-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Didnt stare long enough to be considered as a douche move imo. Great play

Proxy
01-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Dunking over a midget with his back turned and stooped down is far from one of the greatest dunks of all time. Kobe over Howard and Yao was much more impressive.

You're going to troll about this?

Proxy
01-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Didnt stare long enough to be considered as a douche move imo. Great play

Staring at all is douchy. Being humble about a great play makes it that much better. Lebron is still an immature child.

djohn2oo8
01-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Dunking over a midget with his back turned and stooped down is far from one of the greatest dunks of all time. Kobe over Howard and Yao was much more impressive.
Corey Brewer teabagging Fisher is one of the G.O.A.T dunks, tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
01-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Darryl Dawkins

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2012, 08:13 PM

until Lebron can show us he can do this his hops are irrelevant iMHO...

hSJEafn3OGU qeLRym4Q-pg

Mav-elous Man
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
if you don't want to get stared down, don't get dunked on!!! Stop being little bitches and getting your feelings hurt!!!

TheKingOfMIA6
01-30-2012, 01:42 AM
You gotta be a hater to say that was a douche play.. Yeah Vince carters dunk over Fradric Weis is better but u gotta give him props on this dunk because it wasn't just a dunk it was a one handed alley oop!!

jjktkk
01-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Darryl Dawkins

Chocolate thunder breaking the backboard over the Spur's Coby Dietrick, IIRC.

Frenzy
01-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Dunk was indeed awesome..however the stare down...cmon bron guy was like 5ft nothing :lol

redzero
01-30-2012, 10:04 AM
I have no problem with a staredown after a play like that.

Trill Clinton
01-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Great play. The stare down is protocal after getting yammed on.

WeNeedLength
01-30-2012, 10:49 AM
John Lucas III is 5' 11" 165 pounds soaking wet :lmao

This is about the only player that this play could have been possible with.

Wrong place, wrong time. Good, lucky play.

JoeTait75
01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
He got in the way and almost undercut James. Stare down was a warning to get out the way next time imo...

Yeah, I agree with this. Guys don't take kindly to being undercut. And hell, if I straight jumped over someone I'd probably stare him down too, even if it was the little guy from "Fantasy Island" or something.

Stalin
01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
leCrab regularly celebrates, alley oops, dunks, fadeaway jumpers, post ups even, so thas nothing new, if the stare down left you butthurt, then you must be a hater
sure i get annoyed by his immature antics and choking too, but as far as this play, it was incredible, top5 dunk of the year, no doubt

resistanze
01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
You jump over a nigga, you get to stare.

Frenzy
01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I agree with this. Guys don't take kindly to being undercut. And hell, if I straight jumped over someone I'd probably stare him down too, even if it was the little guy from "Fantasy Island" or something.

So trying to box out is counted as under cut now? Dude never even saw James...James saw him and went anyway. Balls for James to do it, yeah having confidence to make the grab. But to stare him down like "yeah bitch you tried to block or undercut me and I won"

Lucas was like wtf...I didn't even know you were there homie. Fortunately for James it's as though he wasn't :lol

JoeTait75
01-30-2012, 12:08 PM
So trying to box out is counted as under cut now? Dude never even saw James...James saw him and went anyway. Balls for James to do it, yeah having confidence to make the grab. But to stare him down like "yeah bitch you tried to block or undercut me and I won"

Lucas was like wtf...I didn't even know you were there homie. Fortunately for James it's as though he wasn't :lol

Not necessarily saying he was trying to undercut LeBron, but I can see LeBron taking it like that.

Muser
01-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Damn, that was disgusting.

Not as good as the VC dunk, but still up there with the best i've ever seen.

8FOR!3
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
LOL he jumped over a super Earl Boykins. What a champ.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm no Lebron fan but I'm inclined to vote Great Play. The staredown was pretty brief and from the look on his face I'm more inclined to believe that he thought it was an undercut attempt. If he had dogged him all the way back up the court, that would be the KG way.

Ace
01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
You gotta be a hater to say that was a douche play.. Yeah Vince carters dunk over Fradric Weis is better but u gotta give him props on this dunk because it wasn't just a dunk it was a one handed alley oop!!

Lebron choked in the final minute but very different from the way you choke on his dick tbh...

Ace
01-30-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm no Lebron fan but I'm inclined to vote Great Play. The staredown was pretty brief and from the look on his face I'm more inclined to believe that he thought it was an undercut attempt. If he had dogged him all the way back up the court, that would be the KG way.

True tbh. Lebron failed the staredown, I'm sure Wade will point it out in film session...

jjktkk
01-30-2012, 02:50 PM
True tbh. Lebron failed the staredown, I'm sure Wade will point it out in film session...

:lol

Mav-elous Man
01-30-2012, 05:48 PM

My thoughts exactly.

lefty
01-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Great play

Ashy Larry
01-30-2012, 06:29 PM

LeBron on Damon Jones

ALVAREZ6
01-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Yeah that's not the best dunk of all time, or close. Lebron jumping over a 5'11" player ducking his head down.

As others have stated, this one deserves more credit:

Tag9UmmFfY8

ALVAREZ6
01-31-2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah...that Blake dunk all over Perkins was better. If I were Perk I would've just walked off the court and sat on the bench after that.

Calispursfan11
01-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Lebron is an arrogant fool. Dunking over a midget is beyond weak. IMO right up there with when J-Rich dribbled the ball off someone's face for fun and Ricky Davis' infamous failed triple double attempt.

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2012, 02:22 AM
stare down > fake tough guy after every dunk and juggling the mouth guard

The Reckoning
01-31-2012, 02:47 AM
if you want to play in the big leagues with big pay, you should be ready for the chode thrashing.

great play.

blackfire12
01-31-2012, 02:52 AM
Douche