PDA

View Full Version : No matter what happens...

shorttotry
01-29-2012, 09:13 PM
The Spurs' second unit showed some fucking balls tonight by taking on the starting unit of the defending Champs. Like most of you guys, I thought this game was completely lost in the 3rd. Our young guys showed a confidence rivaled by no one. Tiago, Green, Neal, and even Anderson were unbelievable. They showed an energy, confidence, and clutchness that really should go down in history. I'm writing this prematurely, but even if the Spurs lose, I'm still very proud of them no matter what happens.

:toast To a spoiled Spurs fan!

jermaine
01-29-2012, 09:21 PM
I second that.

shorttotry
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Fucking ref, getting in Green's way.

Robz4000
01-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Yep, I can swallow this loss a lot easier. Gonna get reamed in Memphis tomorrow though...

midnightpulp
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Fuck this cocksucking team. They showed absolutely no heart blowing a 7 point lead with 1:29 left.

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-29-2012, 09:36 PM
good to see anderson trying to earn his contract back after not having his 3rd year picked up.

InTheCrust
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Fuck this cocksucking team. They showed absolutely no heart blowing a 7 point lead with 1:29 left.

to their credit, they didn't get their fair share of calls (splitter up and under).

oh, and btw i suggest you bold your name but keep the grey. continue reppin the GNSF in the EC.

spurtech09
01-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Fucking ref, getting in Green's way.
even the refs screwing the spurs by the ref getting in the way of danny:rolleyes

spurtech09
01-29-2012, 09:41 PM
This....got to give this team some credit....dude it was the spurs back ups playing out there giving the mavs starters everything they got...yes of would been awesome of the spurs won....shoot spurs bench players looked better than both mavs and spurs starters

shorttotry
01-29-2012, 09:42 PM

Our 2nd unit nearly beat the starting defending champs, after Pop waived the white flag at the end of the 3rd quarter. How is that not a moral victory for the Spurs and extremely demoralizing for the Mavs?

Sean Cagney
01-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Our 2nd unit nearly beat the starting defending champs, after Pop waived the white flag at the end of the 3rd quarter. How is that not a moral victory for the Spurs and extremely demoralizing for the Mavs?

In the end though it's a loss and wont mean much later when we meet them two more times! This is not demoralizing! It's a loss tough fought or not in the end thats all that we will see.

Landon Donofag
01-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Our second unit battled hard :cry:cry:cry

pathetic. :lmao:lmao

mexicanjunior
01-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Nice comeback but another Cowboys-esque blown game to end it. There was no moral victory to be had here, just a division loss that will help decide whether the Spurs even make the playoffs. This team also shit the bed from the FT line but what else is new...

spurtech09
01-29-2012, 09:51 PM
hope the whole spurs team play like this against the grizz....

tmtcsc
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM
There are no such things as moral victories.

There's no such thing as a "good" loss.

The only thing we learned tonight was that the Spurs suck on the road and can't finish games. No matter whose on the floor at the end.

Nice effort ? What exactly are we supposed to expect from them ? They are professionals and get paid a shit load of money to do their jobs.

No Kidd, their only Superstar plays terrible and you allow Jason Terry to beat you ? Pretty pathetic result to an entertaining loss. Nothing more to see here.

mexicanjunior
01-29-2012, 10:01 PM

The only thing we learned tonight was that the Spurs suck on the road and can't finish games. No matter whose on the floor at the end.

Nice effort ? What exactly are we supposed to expect from them ? They are professionals and get paid a shit load of money to do their jobs.

No Kidd, their only Superstar plays terrible and you allow Jason Terry to beat you ? Pretty pathetic result to an entertaining loss. Nothing more to see here.

This...they are the Dallas Cowboys of the NBA...new and inventive ways to fuck up the end of games.

spurtech09
01-29-2012, 10:03 PM

party pooper:downspin:

spurtech09
01-29-2012, 10:04 PM
got to give the spurs back ups credit..they played there hearts out

midnightpulp
01-29-2012, 10:39 PM

Spoken like a man.

Interrohater
01-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Whatever. I totally disagree that there are no moral victories. There's a term for it for a reason. The bench totally outplayed the entire mavs team, they just got tired at the end and had no juice left. Good game, too bad we didn't win, but there are definitely some positives to take from this. Green was a fingertip away from winning the game in regulation. This forum is going to be awfully quiet when the spurs are a sub .500 team because the fair weather fans will be watching the thunder

jjktkk
01-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Loved the heart shown by the 2nd unit. Hopefully this was Neal's awakening. He looked like the Neal of old. Liked JA's game tonight as well.

Sean Cagney
01-30-2012, 12:40 AM

Hey I said this and I agree here, no moral win, this was just another loss and they had it won. I can't believe they blew this game. I can't say I am shocked but this is the norm the last few years.

TJastal
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Who gives a shit if the bench played well or not. The clueless coach will continue to roll out the same lineups / rotations until the cows come home.

Eventually even the bench isn't going to give a shit anymore either.

Sean Cagney
01-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Who gives a shit if the bench played well or not. The clueless coach will continue to roll out the same lineups / rotations until the cows come home.

Eventually even the bench isn't going to give a shit anymore either.

I worry about this too, one game a wakeup call? WITH POP? HAHAHHA okay. :lmao

therealtruth
01-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Loved the heart shown by the 2nd unit. Hopefully this was Neal's awakening. He looked like the Neal of old. Liked JA's game tonight as well.

Neal is starting to like last year's Neal.

jjktkk
01-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Neal is starting to like last year's Neal.

The one thing I love about Neal, is he is never afraid to shoot, no matter how many bricks hes shooting. The only way to get out of a slump, for a sharpshooter, is to keep firing away.

angelbelow
01-30-2012, 03:03 AM
It was a really fun game for sure. The mavericks outplayed us for most of the game, all of the first half, most of the 3rd, and in overtime. Given the what happened the previous game and them getting Dirk back, it was definitely their game to lose.

The one thing I love about Neal, is he is never afraid to shoot, no matter how many bricks hes shooting. The only way to get out of a slump, for a sharpshooter, is to keep firing away.

Hes a double edged sword if there are no playmakers on the floor with him. He definitely had more positives today and contributed to our near comeback but he also made mistakes - all of them happened when he was given play making duties. I don't fault him or Pop though.. hes not a playmaker and who the hell does Pop take out in that situation :lol

jjktkk
01-30-2012, 03:09 AM
It was a really fun game for sure. The mavericks outplayed us for most of the game, all of the first half, most of the 3rd, and in overtime. Given the what happened the previous game and them getting Dirk back, it was definitely their game to lose.

Hes a double edged sword if there are no playmakers on the floor with him. He definitely had more positives today and contributed to our near comeback but he also made mistakes - all of them happened when he was given play making duties. I don't fault him or Pop though.. hes not a playmaker and who the hell does Pop take out in that situation :lol

I hate that we lost, but it was a fun game. And as far as Neal goes, I've always had a affinity for gunners, going back to the Rifleman, and Dale Ellis.

tmtcsc
01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Whatever. I totally disagree that there are no moral victories. There's a term for it for a reason. The bench totally outplayed the entire mavs team, they just got tired at the end and had no juice left. Good game, too bad we didn't win, but there are definitely some positives to take from this. Green was a fingertip away from winning the game in regulation. This forum is going to be awfully quiet when the spurs are a sub .500 team because the fair weather fans will be watching the thunder

I hear what you're saying, and if we could guarantee that the bench would play like that every night, then you'd be on to something. But they were playing out of their heads and efforts and makes like that just don't happen often. They let it slip away. Had they won, we would have had 1 more victory in the W column and that's it.

I'm more disappointed in the starters for playing lackluster against a depleted Dallas team. Last night was a very favorable scenario for us to get a win on the road and they played like they expected to lose.

Like I mentioned before, it was an entertaining loss. If there was a column in the standings labeled M-W (Moral Wins), we could put it there.

There are lots of moral win Champions - Hornets from a few years ago, Warriors from 2007 (team that beat Dallas), Spurs from Robinson's rookie season (took Portland to 7 games in Semis), Memphis last year (lots to look forward to right ? Wrong.)

therealtruth
01-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Splitter's unit has generally played good defense and turned the tide when they get on the floor. The problem is usually that they need just a little more offense.