PDA

View Full Version : Bonner was fouled

Beanzamillion21
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I know this was a mid season game but what the fuck!

lefty
Wut

Obstructed_View
Yeah the Mavs were at home. Get over it.

HarlemHeat37
A ref would never make that call, with 10 seconds left in OT..he was barely touched..

lefty
01-29-2012, 09:28 PM
If anything, Bonner should have gotten a T for being such a shitty piece of shit

Beanzamillion21
Y'all are gay.

benefactor
It's no secret that Bonner can't make a play by himself. I place more blame on his teammates for throwing it to him then expecting such a thing.

Killakobe81
A ref would never make that call, with 10 seconds left in OT..he was barely touched..

He was but Harlem is right. why is the ball in Bonner's hand late in the game anyway? The neal play they called to get within 1 was a great call. Having Bonner iso against VC makes no sense ...

I get that VC messed the play up but I still question having Bonner involved ...

blackfire12

bullshit he was barely touched, carter practically has himself wrapped around bonner and ready to make out with him.

Killakobe81
01-29-2012, 09:29 PM
It's no secret that Bonner can't make a play by himself. I place more blame on his teammates for throwing it to him then expecting such a thing.

Amen ...

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-29-2012, 09:29 PM
If anything, Bonner should have gotten a T for being such a shitty piece of shit
I would love to see that.

Beanzamillion21
01-29-2012, 09:30 PM
bullshit he was barely touched, carter practically has himself wrapped around bonner and ready to make out with him.

Thank You.

Sean Cagney
BONNER IS A FUCKING IDIOT, once again crunchtime he looks lost out there.

Spursfan092120

This is what I was saying..wtf were they thinking giving the ball to Bonner and pretty much letting him isolate. Everyone left him. Horrible play.

angelbelow
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
lmao considering the situation that's not a foul. If Bonner had a shred of pride he would have fought off Carter with his body instead he lets Carter hook his waist. That's true softness right there.

spurtech09
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
I know this was a mid season game but what the fuck!
There were alot of miss calls in this can...Ian hitting the ball out of bounds...refs took like 4 ever reviewing the play and refs still gave the ball back to the mavs...refs bailed out the mavs no doubt

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
lmao considering the situation that's not a foul. If Bonner had a shred of pride he would have fought off Carter with his body instead he lets Carter hook his waist. That's true softness right there.
whats sad is that if the ball wasnt knocked away then bonner would still be standing in that same spot dancing with carter while the buzzer went off.

Mugen
01-29-2012, 09:35 PM
-Bonner gave JET an and 1
-Bonner missed an open 3
-Bonner fucks up on the last play

Still, don't blame the dog for shitting on the carpet. Blame the man with the leash.

Great job by the other bench guys tho.

sefant77
01-29-2012, 09:36 PM
If you wanna complain about that watch Blair against Dirk the first three quarter and count how many FT Dirk didnt get....

ElNono
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM

Agree. Matt shouldn't have been in the position to receive that ball in the first place.

underdawg
01-29-2012, 09:39 PM
There were alot of miss calls in this can...Ian hitting the ball out of bounds...refs took like 4 ever reviewing the play and refs still gave the ball back to the mavs...refs bailed out the mavs no doubt

at least the blown ian call gave the spurs a rest.

At some point even pop will recognize that bonner is not a crunch time player - a good 3 pt shooter but not a clutch player and it's hard to see that ever changing.

The Reckoning
01-29-2012, 09:41 PM
someone needs to go foul pop for giving bonner the ball in the first place. it should be mandatory that bonner is sat out of every game with 2 min to go.

Splits
01-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Bonner may be the ST scapegoat, but without his D the Spurs wouldn't have been in this. He and Tiago didn't give up any offensive boards since they entered the game in the 3rd.

ElNono
01-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Bonner may be the ST scapegoat, but without his D the Spurs wouldn't have been in this. He and Tiago didn't give up any offensive boards since they entered the game in the 3rd.

He only had 1 rebound the entire way from the middle of the 3rd to the end of the game... he gets credit for the two 3's that helped the comeback, that's it.

ElNono
01-29-2012, 09:47 PM
looking at the Play by Play... Danny Green was a monster rebounding during that time... Splitter too

maverick1948
01-29-2012, 09:49 PM
-Bonner missed an open 3
-Bonner fucks up on the last play

Still, don't blame the dog for shitting on the carpet. Blame the man with the leash.

Great job by the other bench guys tho.

If that is all you saw of the game, STFU.

Mugen
01-29-2012, 09:49 PM
JA and Neal had some big time boards down the stretch as well. Pretty much everybody did except the "power forward"

Mugen
01-29-2012, 09:50 PM
If that is all you saw of the game, STFU.

Nope, that's what happened.

LakerHater
01-29-2012, 09:51 PM
No he wasnt, Pop called a STUPID play & put him in tha position!!

Still Bonner held it like he was gonna do something with it!

angelbelow
He only had 1 rebound the entire way from the middle of the 3rd to the end of the game... he gets credit for the two 3's that helped the comeback, that's it.

Pretty sure he was sarcastic..... right??

Barring the last play Bonner was not an absolute disaster but he wasn't the reason we made the run either.

For those who are saying that Bonner shouldn't have gotten the ball, absolutely right and in an ideal world he would be no where close to the ball in a crunch time situation. But Bonner got the ball and his softness was on full display.

SpursFaninMS
Bonner was definitely fouled and it should have been called. I don't buy that "You don't make that call at a certain time" bullshit. BUT...that doesn't mean that Bonner couldn't do one of the following:

1. Try to get more physical and get space
2. Take a few bounces so that he's not trapped
3. Pass the ball
4. Don't know if we had any timeouts left, but if we did--call one.

But he didn't do any of those...

I loved how Pop handled this game. The subs were unbelievable. I would have kept Kawhi in the game on offense, though, because we needed another option that could put the ball on the deck if Green or Neal couldn't get to the ball. As it happened, they couldn't and we were stuck giving the ball to Bonner. Green and Neal were sufficient enough three point threats and we only needed a two to win. We didn't have to have Bonner out there.

As much optimist as the play of our subs tonight gives me, the play of our starters sometimes gives me that much doubt.

LongtimeSpursFan
01-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure he was sarcastic..... right??

Barring the last play Bonner was not an absolute disaster but he wasn't the reason we made the run either.

For those who are saying that Bonner shouldn't have gotten the ball, absolutely right and in an ideal world he would be no where close to the ball in a crunch time situation. But Bonner got the ball and his softness was on full display.

Wow you guys do not know basketball. Bonner was the third option on that play. The first two were Green and Neal. Neither was able to get open so Bonner had to step up and receive. The problem was that one of the guards should have curled to the top and get the ball from Bonner (should have been Green). None of that happened because those two are usually not in the game for those type of situations. Bonner was left on top and started receiving pressure. Finally, Green made his move but it was too late and Green ended up forcing shot.

maverick1948
01-29-2012, 09:57 PM
WOW its all Bonner's fault. That is all that is on here. Where were the other 4 players on the court? WATCHING and not going to help. Damn you people hate Bonner so much that even as much as he had his man on D and made them respect his 3 pt shot. Where do you think those easy shots in the lane came from. ONE LESS BIG in the middle. Come on. Bonner has a role and he played it well tonight.

Budkin
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM
He held it for 7 seconds... fuck that worthless fuck.

DeadlyDynasty
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Bonner has a role and he played it well tonight.

Now you've done it.

angelbelow
01-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Wow you guys do not know basketball. Bonner was the third option on that play. The first two were Green and Neal. Neither was able to get open so Bonner had to step up and receive. The problem was that one of the guards should have curled to the top and get the ball from Bonner (should have been Green). None of that happened because those two are usually not in the game for those type of situations. Bonner was left on top and started receiving pressure. Finally, Green made his move but it was too late and Green ended up forcing shot.

Where in my post did I indicate otherwise? I said that Bonner is not the ideal option but he ended up getting the ball. Is that vastly different from your assessment?

ElNono
01-29-2012, 10:01 PM

Bonner shouldn't have been an option, period. His diarrhea under pressure is well documented, and he has no dribble to speak off... I much rather have Tiago get the ball up there and leave Matty "spreading the floor"

therealtruth
01-29-2012, 10:48 PM

It's true but you have to basically force the refs to make the call in that situation. That means don't assume just because of contact your bailed out. Green had the right idea that's why he made sure they held on the ball.

therealtruth
01-29-2012, 10:51 PM

I would give Bonner some credit if he actually blocked the ball sometimes when he makes that type of play but he always gives up the and-one. He might as well give up on the play than give the hip bump foul.

cherylsteele
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Bonner was definitely fouled and it should have been called. I don't buy that "You don't make that call at a certain time" bullshit. BUT...that doesn't mean that Bonner couldn't do one of the following:

1. Try to get more physical and get space
2. Take a few bounces so that he's not trapped
3. Pass the ball
4. Don't know if we had any timeouts left, but if we did--call one.

But he didn't do any of those...

I loved how Pop handled this game. The subs were unbelievable. I would have kept Kawhi in the game on offense, though, because we needed another option that could put the ball on the deck if Green or Neal couldn't get to the ball. As it happened, they couldn't and we were stuck giving the ball to Bonner. Green and Neal were sufficient enough three point threats and we only needed a two to win. We didn't have to have Bonner out there.

As much optimist as the play of our subs tonight gives me, the play of our starters sometimes gives me that much doubt.

1) Bonner and physical should NEVER be in the same sentence.
2) Have you seen Bonner trying to dribble, if you have you would even make that statement
3) Pass the ball....to whom? The whole team deserted him and left him on an island.
4) Time outs. If they had one Bonner wouldn't have the smarts to use in anyways.....moot point.

We hit our free throws down the stretch and people would singing a different tune.

I still don't understand why Pop leaves Bonner in the game during those types of situations.

TJastal
01-30-2012, 12:45 AM
1) Bonner and physical should NEVER be in the same sentence. :lmao
2) Have you seen Bonner trying to dribble, if you have you would even make that statement :lmao
3) Pass the ball....to whom? The whole team deserted him and left him on an island. :lmao
4) Time outs. If they had one Bonner wouldn't have the smarts to use in anyways.....moot point. :lmao

We hit our free throws down the stretch and people would singing a different tune. :lmao

I still don't understand why Pop leaves Bonner in the game during those types of situations. :lmao

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

cherylsteele with the goods

4>0rings
01-30-2012, 01:57 AM
He held it for 7 seconds... fuck that worthless fuck.
:tu

Sean Cagney
01-30-2012, 02:19 AM
WOW its all Bonner's fault. That is all that is on here. Where were the other 4 players on the court? WATCHING and not going to help. Damn you people hate Bonner so much that even as much as he had his man on D and made them respect his 3 pt shot. Where do you think those easy shots in the lane came from. ONE LESS BIG in the middle. Come on. Bonner has a role and he played it well tonight.

Yeah he is never to blame and plays his role and should continue to get the mins he gets! This is why the Spurs are some shyt now, apologists and fans of his who say he did not ruin the game but he hardly did a thing to win it :lol:lol. Bonner is some shyt, I swear fans will never get this in here, atleast 10% of his fans who are still in denial and think he is a good player. Bonner is some shyt, period.

urunobili
01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
and Dirk walked before the terry tie... we lost, get over it...

manufan10
01-30-2012, 10:49 AM

:tu

There's missed calls in every game. Sometimes the Spurs benefit from those calls. I never see any threads praising the refs when the Spurs get the benefit of calls. :lol

therealtruth
01-30-2012, 01:54 PM

That was a pretty blatant travel. I am surprised non of the Spurs picked that pass off. He picked up the ball before knowing where he wanted to pass.

dbestpro
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
A ref would never make that call, with 10 seconds left in OT..he was barely mugged.

Fixed.

Solid D
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't really think Bonner was fouled, not one that could be called at that stage, at least.

The play was too slow in developing. If the play was designed to go to Splitter in the low post after a cut by Anderson, then it didn't happen fast enough. As soon as Bonner got the ball, James should have gone and Tiago should have sealed and called for the ball in a matter of 1 second or so.

Obviously...it's not a good idea to have Matt "Blood-in-the-Water" Bonner receive the ball and hold it for longer than 2 seconds.

It's a shame the bench couldn't pull this one out... but what doesn't kill them will make them stronger.

dbestpro
01-30-2012, 02:30 PM
and Dirk walked, stumbled, bumbled, tripped over his own feet, and did the electric slide before the terry tie... we lost, get over it...

Fixed.

Stalin
01-30-2012, 03:32 PM

scapegoats, means unfairly blamed, this doesn't apply to bonner, tbh
doubt spurfan would dissagree