PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

ThaBigFundamental21
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Was Bonner doing in the game anyway at a moment like this????

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't mind Bonner being in the game, at all, tbh..the problem is giving Bonner the ball and forcing him to make a pass or create a shot, that's just asinine..

lefty
01-29-2012, 09:29 PM
You guys dont get it

He spread the floor for Danny Green

Hooks
01-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't mind Bonner being in the game, at all, tbh..the problem is giving Bonner the ball and forcing him to make a pass or create a shot, that's just asinine..

This.

Bonner was actually playing well but Pop fucked it up by giving him the ball, Pop fucked up the game by trusting him to much

Trimble87
01-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Cant blame Bonner there, the problem is not having a pg on the floor. One of the guards HAS to come back to the ball. Bonner caught it at the 3pt line and everyone on the floor spread out like it was an iso play. You have to come back to him and get the ball.

DMC
01-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Matt did not need to be in the game. He wasn't going to get an open look, we didn't need a 3, he cannot handle the ball, he's notorious for freezing under pressure, etc...

On that play, Tim Duncan should have taken the ball out of bounds, I know Pop is showing trust, but Bonner is a proven liability in those situations.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't get why everyone had their back turned to Bonner for what seemed like an eternity. I'm not sure WTF Pop drew up there, usually he is pretty damn good at drawing em up.

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Should have let manu draw up the play.

DAF86
Every play designed for Bonner to make a pass is a big time fail.

DMC
This.

Bonner was actually playing well but Pop fucked it up by giving him the ball, Pop fucked up the game by trusting him to much
This doesn't make sense. So Bonner was ok in the game as long as no one gave him the ball?

Everyone on the floor should have the ability to catch the inbounds pass and make something of it on that last possession.

Sean Cagney
01-29-2012, 09:33 PM
This.

LOL if you can't give him the ball or trust him why is he out there again?
:lmao

ThaBigFundamental21
This doesn't make sense. So Bonner was ok in the game as long as no one gave him the ball?

Everyone on the floor should have the ability to catch the inbounds pass and make something of it on that last possession.

Good point. What a joke.

TD 21
Horrendous coaching down the stretch. I don't give a fuck if those five got them back into the game, it shouldn't have been "their game". Parker should have been re-inserted at the timeout with 1:22 left in the game and should have been again for the final play in overtime. It was obvious that group was going to struggle mightily to execute in those situations.

Trimble87
01-29-2012, 09:35 PM

Thats just a stupid statement, no offense. Bonner had no one to pass it to and Carter all over him. One of the guards HAS to come back and get the ball. Of course if you leave Matt alone up there hes going to get it taken away.

I don't know what Pop drew up for the inbounds play, but I guarantee it wasn't "Pass the ball to matt, everyone else... stand there and no noting"

ThaBigFundamental21
01-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Horrendous coaching down the stretch. I don't give a fuck if those five got them back into the game, it shouldn't have been "their game". Parker should have been re-inserted at the timeout with 1:22 left in the game and should have been again for the final play in overtime. It was obvious that group wasn't going to be able to execute and was going to fuck it up.

WRONG, if the Spurs had won that game it would have done WONDERS for the young guys confidence. We aren't winning a title this season no matter what anyone here thinks. Our bench played phenomenal and deserved to keep going. It's a shame Boner fucked it all up.

DAF86
01-29-2012, 09:45 PM

He should have got the ball only on a catch and shoot situation.

Hooks
01-29-2012, 10:15 PM

LOL if you can't give him the ball or trust him why is he out there again?
:lmao

Listen, I hate Bonner with a passion but it actually made sense to leave him in the game. He actually made some 3's today, he would've also stretched the floor if he hadn't gotten the ball, (I'm not joking) leaving at least one big man out of the paint. Making it MUCH easier for the Spurs to score a layup or draw a shooting foul which they needed to win or tie the game.

Bonner actually did stretch the floor this game.

He shouldn't have gotten the ball on the in bounds though Pop should've told Bonner to stay the fuck away and let one of the multiple guards get the ball out there, his teammates also didn't help much by just standing there once he received the ball. Bonner also actually made some shots out there, it's not like he was bricking everything.

GB20
01-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Was Bonner doing in the game anyway at a moment like this????

what are we so spoil? i think pop made the right decision sticking with the group who almost won the game.

Ice009
01-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Horrendous coaching down the stretch. I don't give a fuck if those five got them back into the game, it shouldn't have been "their game". Parker should have been re-inserted at the timeout with 1:22 left in the game and should have been again for the final play in overtime. It was obvious that group was going to struggle mightily to execute in those situations.

No one better say that Pop coached anything other than an F game tonight.

He gave up, waived the white flag and the bench got the team back in the game.

pop did nothing. no coaching at all. it was all the bench. if he actually made a sub or two in the 4th then I would have upgraded his rating, but he simply did no coaching at all.

Parker was the player he should have subbed in. I agree with you 100% there. Such a dumb coach. Spurs couldn't execute down the stretch in the 4th or OT and Pop has got Parker sitting on the bench watching.

NO COACHING WHATSOEVER.

Ice009
01-29-2012, 10:40 PM
what are we so spoil? i think pop made the right decision sticking with the group who almost won the game.

He should have subbed Parker in either late in the 4th or late in OT. Spurs couldn't execute because they had no PG out there.

I would have also made a sub with the Spurs up by 9 in the 4th, but not so mad about that one as I am with no Parker out late in 4th or OT.

Borosai
01-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Cant blame Bonner there, the problem is not having a pg on the floor. One of the guards HAS to come back to the ball. Bonner caught it at the 3pt line and everyone on the floor spread out like it was an iso play. You have to come back to him and get the ball.

Exactly.

The sad thing is that play wasn't even the worst end-of-game play we've seen from the Spurs in the past few years.

Wild Cobra Kai
01-29-2012, 10:57 PM

And if he substituted and we lost everyone would have said "why didn't he go with the guys that got him there?"

TD 21
01-29-2012, 11:01 PM
And if he substituted and we lost everyone would have said "why didn't he go with the guys that got him there?"

I don't care what "everyone would have said". What I said was, Parker should have been re-inserted (for Anderson). The others should have stayed seated, or standing, as it were.

Knowing them, I'm sure they'd have found a way to fuck it up anyway. But at least they'd have given themselves their best chance.

Hemotivo
01-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Should have let manu draw up the play.
this

SenorSpur
01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Matt did not need to be in the game. He wasn't going to get an open look, we didn't need a 3, he cannot handle the ball, he's notorious for freezing under pressure, etc...

On that play, Tim Duncan should have taken the ball out of bounds, I know Pop is showing trust, but Bonner is a proven liability in those situations.

This.

And for this, I blame Pop. Bonner is a known choker in any pressure situation and the coach HAS to know this by now. Pick anyone to receive the inbounds pass - except him.

Creation88
01-29-2012, 11:26 PM
fuck matt bonner. he's a pile of shit. he's lost this team more games then he's ever helped win.

NRHector
01-29-2012, 11:34 PM
fuck matt bonner. He's a pile of shit. He's lost this team more games then he's ever helped win.

+1