PDA

View Full Version : Theaters/kids/texting

rr2418
01-29-2012, 09:52 PM
It's funny, you go to the Mayan or the McCreless theater and you'll have screaming kids/babies and of course the parents don't do a thing! Then you go to a north side theater and you'll encounter people texting or talking on their cell. I know if all that bothers me then maybe I shouldn't go but gee wiz, I wish just once I could go see a movie and not be bothered by either of those distractions! I know the Alamo Drafthouse has no kids after 6pm, but it would be great if all theaters had the same policy.

depends
01-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Pull up the big kid panties & deal with it!

SA210
01-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Loud ass disrespectful teenagers in a theater all need to be slapped.

I. Hustle
01-30-2012, 09:01 AM
McCreless? That roach trap is still open? It was crappy when I was a kid.

CubanMustGo
01-30-2012, 09:18 AM
They did build new theaters at McM a few years back when they tore down the old mall and put the new HEB in - at least it shows first run movies now.

Alamo Drafthouse and its ilk FTW. I'll gladly pay a little more to avoid parents who ignore their screaming kids (not all do, but there are always some) and the texting/talking brigade (adults and kids).

BruceBowenFan
01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Been to the drafthouse, only annoying thing is when people are still ordering when tthe movie is going on.

JudynTX
01-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Been to the drafthouse, only annoying thing is when people are still ordering when tthe movie is going on.

I can deal with that compared to talking/bratty kids.

manufan10
01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Late movie showings, FTW.. don't encounter those problems as much.

JudynTX
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Late movie showings, FTW.. don't encounter those problems as much.

Just the drunks. :D

Blake
01-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Last theater I was at, I think embassy, mentioned a zero tolerance policy for cell phone use during the movie.

"....you'll be asked to leave....no refunds...k, thanks"

DMC
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I haven't been to a theater in years. Home theater is the way to go.

phxspurfan
01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Wtf upset that somebody is texting? You guys are overly sensitive.

DMC
01-30-2012, 05:44 PM
What about those people fucking bottle feeding? Take that shit elsewhere. That "slurp slurp...gaaa" drives me nuts.

Blake
01-30-2012, 05:49 PM
What about those people fucking bottle feeding? Take that shit elsewhere. That "slurp slurp...gaaa" drives me nuts.

Why would you invite those people in to watch movies

SA210
01-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Loud ass disrespectful teenagers in a theater all need to be slapped.

Goran Dragic
01-30-2012, 09:56 PM
:lol anyone acting like teenagers are half as bad as Mexican families that don't control their kids

Mexican babies, old Jewish women, and black women of any age are by far the worst 3 at movie theater etiquette. Mexican babies for reasons mentioned above, old Jewish women because they have to ask a clarifying question every 2 minutes, and black women of any age because they have to scream every time something important happens.

The Reckoning
01-30-2012, 10:03 PM
last time i was at a theater it was a late showing on christmas...dude behind me fell asleep and was snoring his ass off the whole time. more funny than annoying though.

mavs>spurs
01-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Mexicans are the worst about being too fat and lazy to control their 10 kids. Last time i was at the mall with my homeboy it was super packed, and we had already had a few run its with rude mexicans blocking walkways and even walking right between you and the product you are looking at on the shelf and just standing there, blocking you from it while standing all up in your space like you don't exist. a couple times of that and i guess my friend got fed up, because finally a mexican lady pushes her stroller right out into incoming traffic on the walkway as if the world was supposed to yield at her andI just hear my friend blurt out "bitch, get the fuck outta my way before i kicked that damn baby across the damn mall" :lol

mavs>spurs
01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
^the mall is unavoidable but the easy fix for minorities and their kids in movie theatres is to just not spend 30 bucks between you and your girl just to see a movie.

rr2418
01-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Wtf upset that somebody is texting? You guys are overly sensitive.

Sure!! Why are you going to be texting during a movie in the first place? Before cell phones, what would people do? They would get off their asses and leave the theater!! You know how bright that phone light is in a dark theater? If you feel you HAVE to use the cell then don't go to the movies!!

rr2418
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Mexicans are the worst about being too fat and lazy to control their 10 kids. Last time i was at the mall with my homeboy it was super packed, and we had already had a few run its with rude mexicans blocking walkways and even walking right between you and the product you are looking at on the shelf and just standing there, blocking you from it while standing all up in your space like you don't exist. a couple times of that and i guess my friend got fed up, because finally a mexican lady pushes her stroller right out into incoming traffic on the walkway as if the world was supposed to yield at her andI just hear my friend blurt out "bitch, get the fuck outta my way before i kicked that damn baby across the damn mall" :lol

That's why I don't go to malls. Too much scums, black, white, and mexicans you name it! They're all the same, wearing their pants low like if they have shit in their pants!! They just stand there, just wanting to be noticed or looking for some trouble.

Creepn
01-30-2012, 11:17 PM
That's why I don't go to malls. Too much scums, black, white, and mexicans you name it! They're all the same, wearing their pants low like if they have shit in their pants!! They just stand there, just wanting to be noticed or looking for some trouble.

You gotta go to the expensive malls that has designer stores to see a few of those kind of people which basically means, OUTSIDE of San Antonio. All of the malls in San Antonio are ghetto now. Ingram is the worse imo.

DMC
01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Why would you invite those people in to watch movies
Good question..

Blake
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM
You gotta go to the expensive malls that has designer stores to see a few of those kind of people which basically means, OUTSIDE of San Antonio. All of the malls in San Antonio are ghetto now. Ingram is the worse imo.

La Cantera is not ghetto

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2012, 09:46 AM
shouldve falcon punch all of them

BlackSwordsMan
01-31-2012, 09:49 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cYk159Qe7Rs/SgDKNU1uAhI/AAAAAAAAAqo/iibpZFrYtg4/s400/michaeldouglas.jpg

Creepn
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
La Cantera is not ghetto

Never heard of the La Cantera Mall tbh.

Creepn
01-31-2012, 12:45 PM
I typed it in the yellow pages search and it wants to know if I meant "La Centers Mall"?

SA210
01-31-2012, 04:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cYk159Qe7Rs/SgDKNU1uAhI/AAAAAAAAAqo/iibpZFrYtg4/s400/michaeldouglas.jpg

Yes! lol

Blake
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Never heard of the La Cantera Mall tbh.

Shops at La Cantera

Not an indoor mall, tbh, but has all the stores a mall might have minus jc penney or sears.

The Reckoning
01-31-2012, 05:09 PM
la cantera/the rim is for white ppl and upperclass mexicanos over by the dominion. if i remember correctly the quarry was a nice area for shopping over by alamo heights.

the rim has a great imax theater and the theater at the quarry is pretty nice as well.

and if those dont work, you have the outlets in san marcos. i dont really see any problem with san antonio as far as being a consumer.

if you want more "town and country" you can always head to boerne or fredricksburg.

mavs>spurs
01-31-2012, 05:24 PM
we got a beaner mall over here in fort worth but it ain't nice like the one you guys speak of. it's ghetto as fuck.

Creepn
01-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Meh, I don't consider La Cantera and places like it a mall and they don't either. Notice none of the shopping centers call themselves "malls". Why? Because they don't want to associate themselves with the ghetto malls of San Antonio.

Blake
01-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Meh, I don't consider La Cantera and places like it a mall and they don't either. Notice none of the shopping centers call themselves "malls". Why? Because they don't want to associate themselves with the ghetto malls of San Antonio.

Cool theory