PDA

View Full Version : might as well go lottery

yomama21
01-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Why the Hell not? If they make the playoffs, more than likely they'll be a low seed and get raped. Isn't this draft supposed to be a deep one?? Look at the young guns we have now and just imagine getting a great high pick in this draft.

Ice009
01-29-2012, 10:31 PM
The Spurs are a lottery team without Manu.

Stupid coaching, riding the bench into the ground, losing games that are very winnable.

Pop's thrown away two games this season. The loss at home against Sacramento and this game.

When we were up 9 points in the 4th quarter, not making a sub at that point is as stupid as it gets.

Riding the bench into the ground when you got another tough game tomorrow will hurt. Spurs starters are listless and the bench who was giving us energy will be dead tired.

GREAT COACHING.

If Duncan sits out tomorrow. Pop can go home.

Sean Cagney
01-29-2012, 10:31 PM
I would love to see them get a high pick myself! I want the playoffs though for entertainments sake so I am torn. If they go on a losing streak now then so be it, but I doubt this team tanks or gives up with the the pride they have. Manu will be back, do you think he let anyone give up? NO.

yavozerb
01-29-2012, 10:39 PM
As of right now the spurs would be out of the playoff picture. There are 10 legit playoff contending teams for 8 spots....

Sean Cagney
01-29-2012, 10:46 PM
As of right now the spurs would be out of the playoff picture. There are 10 legit playoff contending teams for 8 spots....

Which means to me one thing! BETTER GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR RIGHT NOW and start winning some road games! If not you are running a risk of missing the playoffs.

therealtruth
01-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Pop might as well sit Duncan the whole season if he's not playing to win. They get a high draft pick and he has enough in the tank to make one last run.

Ice009
01-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Pop might as well sit Duncan the whole season if he's not playing to win. They get a high draft pick and he has enough in the tank to make one last run.

Actually I'd rather Timmy give Pop the season off.

I'd like to see how the team does without his stupid shit.

The_Worlds_finest
01-29-2012, 11:31 PM
gotdamn you all are idiots.

Spursfan092120
01-29-2012, 11:44 PM
As of right now the spurs would be out of the playoff picture.

And we're also a half game out of the 3rd seed...without our best player...geez..try seeing some shit half full.

cherylsteele
01-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Critics on this board say the Spurs tanked in 1998, which is stupid to even say, and it was hated here, just think what they'll say if they were to tank this year, we Spurs' fans would never hear the end of it.

If are in the lottery, so be it, I'll be disappointed, but don't even mention tanking. I personally do not believe in it.

mFFL03
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Fire pop

Sean Cagney
01-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Sad thing is, while I agree thats what we should do if we could add one player like a Kaman, I think we become the favs in the west. That said, who knows a lotto pick and good FA with TD taking a low level deal could give us our best team in years next year.

I have thought of this........

blkroadrunners
01-30-2012, 01:38 AM
gotdamn you all are idiots.

baseline bum
01-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Critics on this board say the Spurs tanked in 1998, which is stupid to even say, and it was hated here, just think what they'll say if they were to tank this year, we Spurs' fans would never hear the end of it.

If are in the lottery, so be it, I'll be disappointed, but don't even mention tanking. I personally do not believe in it.

I'll be pissed if this team isn't tanking when Manu and Tim retire unless they somehow land another HOF level player through the draft or free agency in the next 2-3 years.

lcroock
01-30-2012, 01:56 AM
People need to realize that the Spurs are no longer contenders. We have lost in the 1st round of the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years!!! Other than the Dallas series in 2010 I don't think we have won a road playoff game since the championship in 2007. Someone can verify that.

baseline bum
01-30-2012, 01:58 AM
People need to realize that the Spurs are no longer contenders. We have lost in the 1st round of the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years!!! Other than the Dallas series in 2010 I don't think we have won a road playoff game since the championship in 2007. Someone can verify that.

Game 7 in New Orleans?