PDA

View Full Version : Was this loss more frustrating/heartbreaking than this...........?

DeadlyDynasty
01-29-2012, 10:59 PM
vj12rMHWXeQ&feature=related

Discuss.

midnightpulp
01-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Classic Spurs. They blow more leads down the stretch, even at their championship peak, than any team I can currently think of.

SenorSpur
01-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm now recalling several games the Spurs lost at the buzzer. Besides the Portland game referenced above, there was the Orlando game from about 4 years ago when Dwight Howard converted an alley-oop over Duncan at the buzzer, there was a game versus the bucks a couple of years ago when Bogut converted an alley-oop, at the buzzer and there was a game in Philly a couple of years ago where Finley failed to box out a Sixer (maybe Iguodala), who converted a missed shot for a game-winning FG.

Obviously, there is no statistic to track this, but has any team given up more game-winning than the Spurs?

DeadlyDynasty
01-29-2012, 11:35 PM
That last 30 secs of the Portland game was classic. You couldn't script that shit. 4 points in 0.9 secs

Interrohater
01-29-2012, 11:45 PM
I actually am not angry about this game at all. You can't expect the mavs to come out flat after they got shellacked earlier in the season. The young guns out there did us proud and turned a route into a game. The fact that our bench, tired as fuck, took the defending champs to the limit is something admirable and definitely something to build upon. There is such thing as a good loss, a turning point game. I think this may be it.

TJastal
01-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Wow, how did the refs miss Miller with the 3 steps obvious travel only to finally dump it to Matthews who then travelled about twice himself whilst making pumpfakes. Utterly ridiculous. I understand its the last few seconds of the game but that doesn't mean all the rules suddenly fly out the window. Cripes.

And people wonder why there is so much criticism of the officiating.

angelbelow
01-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Haha thats some epic music.

DeadlyDynasty
01-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow, how did the refs miss Miller with the 3 steps obvious travel only to finally dump it to Matthews who then travelled about twice himself whilst making pumpfakes. Utterly ridiculous. I understand its the last few seconds of the game but that doesn't mean all the rules suddenly fly out the window. Cripes.

And people wonder why there is so much criticism of the officiating.

Here we go again with the excuses.

Have the Spurs ever lost a game that wasn't due to the officiating? Serious question, because in the almost 5 years I've been reading this forum I haven't found any other culprits.

ElNono
01-30-2012, 12:00 AM
I would've loved to get this win, but the loss doesn't sting. This game was already lost by the 3rd quarter. I actually have a positive outlook out of this loss. We had some hungry guys in that bench that are screaming for a promotion. It was good that they could show Pop.

Juggity
01-30-2012, 12:01 AM

Have the Spurs ever lost a game that wasn't due to the officiating? Serious question, because in the almost 5 years I've been reading this forum I haven't found any other culprits.

What makes you think criticism of officiating is limited to this forum?

DeadlyDynasty
01-30-2012, 12:03 AM
What makes you think criticism of officiating is limited to this forum?

Where did I say it was?

TJastal
01-30-2012, 12:05 AM

Plenty of losses are on the spurs.

Look, I'm not trying to make excuses for any of those other games you're referring to. But in this example I just watched your clip and that jumped out because it's blatantly obvious two guys travelled multiple times after stealing the ball from Ginobili @ the :46 mark in that clip.

Sean Cagney
01-30-2012, 12:06 AM
13 points by Mcgrady in 35 seconds does it for me all in all, that one was the one that had me silent most of the night and I had to go to bed lol. That one sucked.

DeadlyDynasty
01-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Plenty of losses are on the spurs.

Look, I'm not trying to make excuses. I just watched your clip and that jumped out because it's blatantly obvious two guys travelled multiple times after stealing the ball from Ginobili @ the :46 mark in that clip.

Don't cough up the ball and you won't be at the whim of the refs.

Sean Cagney
01-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Don't cough up the ball and you won't be at the whim of the refs.

I actually agree on this here, they do that alot lately it seems. This is one thing I agree with you on tonight. BTW why this game tonight do you post this as a hurtful loss along those lines? This one is not as bad no, but it sucks as any loss does. I am sure as an LA fan you have had a few as well, so why just pick at this tonight?

DeadlyDynasty
01-30-2012, 12:23 AM
I actually agree on this here, they do that alot lately it seems. This is one thing I agree with you on tonight. BTW why this game tonight do you post this as a hurtful loss along those lines? This one is not as bad no, but it sucks as any loss does. I am sure as an LA fan you have had a few as well, so why just pick at this tonight?

Because it was a crushing loss (by regular season standards). Down by almost 20 points in the 2nd half to your hated in-state rival, come roaring back and have a commanding 7 point lead with 1:29 left, only to squander it and lose by a single point in OT. That's the kind of loss that can have a lingering effect--and it also hurts their confidence even more on the road.

Sean Cagney
01-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Because it was a crushing loss (by regular season standards). Down by almost 20 points in the 2nd half to your hated in-state rival, come roaring back and have a commanding 7 point lead with 1:29 left, only to squander it and lose by a single point in OT. That's the kind of loss that can have a lingering effect--and it also hurts their confidence even more on the road.

You want me to dwell on this more and make it sting more I can see. I did not see the whole game, but yeah they should have won and no it's not the most bitter loss nor near it I have seen. I am not happy naw, but lingering effect? What if it has a positive effect and they play better from here on out? 13 in 35 could have had a lingering effect too, instead they turn it around and win a title! TIME WILL TELL! They should have lost by more yes, but damn man you can't tell yet the future from this game.

Their confidence on the road? What confidence? Will they be better when MANU get back on the road? You forgetting he is out? I mean so many questions, can't answer it yet. It seems you want it to have a lingering effect, but I have no clue yet. Now go worry about your team who got blown out and swept last year by the Mavs, I figure you would do that instead of worrying about a game we lost without Manu and our bench playing.

LOL if only teams were as fragile as you are saying off one loss during the regular season.

Juggity
01-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Where did I say it was?

You act surprised; as if this was a unique feature of spurstalk and no other forum goes through the ritual after every loss.

DeadlyDynasty
They should have lost by more yes, but damn man you can't tell yet the future from this game.

Well it's quite obvious there's no NBA title in the future:lol

ElNono
Because it was a crushing loss (by regular season standards).

:lol

tbh, I don't think you've used that line with Basedow

DeadlyDynasty
01-30-2012, 12:42 AM
You act surprised; as if this was a unique feature of spurstalk and no other forum goes through the ritual after every loss.

You assume.

Every fanbase of every sport bitches about the officials, but I've never come across a fanbase that goes to the lengths to blame the officials for everything. :cry"It's a conspiracy, the NBA hates the Spurs":cry

Blaming the officiating for losses is a characteristic of a mentally weak individual.

These are things we know.

DeadlyDynasty
01-30-2012, 12:43 AM
Basedow

That Basedow was a good man. He'll be missed around here, tbh.

ElNono
01-30-2012, 12:50 AM
You assume.

Every fanbase of every sport bitches about the officials, but I've never come across a fanbase that goes to the lengths to blame the officials for everything. :cry"It's a conspiracy, the NBA hates the Spurs":cry

Blaming the officiating for losses is a characteristic of a mentally weak individual.

These are things we know.

I see you've not visited LG in a while :lol

Post Commish cockblock @ LG:
:cry"It's a conspiracy, the NBA hates the Lakers":cry

ElNono
01-30-2012, 12:51 AM
tbh, you should be trolling that "might as well go lottery" thread where it looks like the OP wants to cut himself

Sean Cagney
01-30-2012, 12:56 AM
:rollin
Well it's quite obvious there's no NBA title in the future:lol

Yeah no shit :wow:lol:lol, if they win this game there is no title in the near future either so........ Devistating regular season loss? For a night or so, but overall if they were not going to win it all then who cares? I am sure your team is not a title team this year either so we both can talk later when both teams are at home sitting and mention regular season losses in non title years. :lmao