PDA

View Full Version : Bad time management

cantthinkofanything
01-30-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't think it's been mentioned and I'll have to rewatch to confirm. But it seemed like the Spurs took too many quick shots when they had a decent lead in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. I remember thinking to myself that all they needed to do is slow it down and drain some clock. Can't remember who it was but seemed like they took a couple of shots with 15 seconds left on the shot clock.

jjktkk
01-30-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think it's been mentioned and I'll have to rewatch to confirm. But it seemed like the Spurs took too many quick shots when they had a decent lead in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. I remember thinking to myself that all they needed to do is slow it down and drain some clock. Can't remember who it was but seemed like they took a couple of shots with 15 seconds left on the shot clock.

I would chalk that up to inexpierence from the young guys.

TJastal
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM

Well that just adds more credence to why Parker should have been in the game at that point. He is the probably the best player on the team at simply dribbling the shot clock down and creating a reasonable % shot by himself.

Does anyone else find it kind of ironic the spurs could have used TP to indulge in one of his bad habits (overdribbling) yet he was sitting due to Pop's tantrums?

jjktkk
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Does anyone else find it kind of ironic the spurs could have used TP to indulge in one of his bad habits (overdribbling) yet he was sitting due to Pop's tantrums?

Off the top off my head, without naming names, the only bitter, unfunny, douche, I can think of would be that poster who constantly paints himself into a corner on here, imho. Oh and Fabbs.

TJastal
01-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Off the top off my head, without naming names, the only bitter, unfunny, douche, I can think of would be that poster who constantly paints himself into a corner on here, imho. Oh and Fabbs.

Of course you wouldn't see the irony. You probably don't even know what the word means.

Better stick to your peanut gallery gig you got going with chumpdumper.

cheguevara
01-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Pretty idiotic of popovich to leave those tired souls out there with no reinforcements.

What was the moral of the story to those poor failed players? Play piss poor defence and shoot a bunch of 3s and you will be rewarded with minutes?

How about Pop starting to have some structure and less "moral life lessons"

manufan10
01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
When did Spurs fan become the "Whoa is me; the sky is falling; everything sucks; etc." type of people?

Or are these just poor attempts at trolling?

I can't tell.

jjktkk
01-30-2012, 03:01 PM
P

How about Pop starting to have some structure and less "moral life lessons"

Might want to preach this to the players. Better performance= less "moral life lessons".

Yuixafun
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
I personally don't have beef with Pop not reinserting starters.

This was a rare opportunity on many levels for growth and development.

To reinvigorate players that have lost enthusiasm.

Perhaps to humble some people who have an inflated self worth.

Did you not see the Spurs bench during that magical stretch of time??

All you had to do was look at the huddles during the time outs and see how everyone in a Spurs jersey was on their toes intent on what was happening.

I saw a team grow closer. Fighting and rooting for each other.

So you put in Parker for the closing minutes, Spurs win.
The gain is 1 game in standings.

To truly learn something someone has to experience it.
During crunch time. Show what you're made of.

Some of you are shortsighted ninny's.

I bet you last night, Pop won some devotion from those guys he left in there.
They're gonna fight for him now more than ever.

And the old vets might... maybe they found hope again. :flag:

cantthinkofanything
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't know. At some point strategy prevails. The bench did a great job getting the game to a winnable point. Pop pissed it away. Spurs needed some defense there at the end. No way Bonner should have been on the floor.

TJastal
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
To truly learn something someone has to experience it.
During crunch time. Show what you're made of.

And we learned what exactly again? Bonner can shit the bed in crunch time? Knew that.

timvp
01-30-2012, 03:34 PM

I can't think of anything that confirms this other than that one Splitter reverse layup near the end of regulation.

manufan10
01-30-2012, 03:39 PM

I can't think of anything that confirms this other than that one Splitter reverse layup near the end of regulation.

I see what you did there.. :lol

cantthinkofanything
01-30-2012, 03:40 PM

IDK. I was a little drunk by that point but I'll watch the end again. I'm pretty sure they fired up a jumper or two with plenty of time on the clock.

Yuixafun
01-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I think Bonner might have rushed a three too but he was open... lol. Only other time I saw them not run down the clock.

As for TJ...

Bonner flubbed the play because he was out of position..

And none of the ball handlers or initiators came back to help him..

So there's a lesson in there...

But also when the ball got stripped... everyone groaned and was probably cursing Bonner...

Except Danny Green who never gave up, fucking pulled some houdini shit to keep that ball alive, and still let go a desperate heave that had a chance.

I say we learned something. So did the players on that court.

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2012, 03:47 PM

at 82-75 with 5:30 left in the game, these were the Spurs' possessions:

possession at 5:37, shot at 5:33 (:04) -- Neal 10' jumper (made)
possession at 5:11, shot at 4:48 (:23) -- Splitter layup (missed)
possession at 4:37, shot at 4:15 (:22) -- Neal 13' jumper (made)
possession at 3:48, shot at 3:35 (:13) -- Neal 24' jumper (made)
possession at 3:18, shot at 3:00 (:18) -- Splitter layup (missed)
possession at 2:47, shot at 2:29 (:18) -- Anderson 9' jumper (blocked)
possession at 2:14, shot at 1:54 (:20) -- Neal 5' jumper (missed)
possession at 1:54, shot at 1:31 (:23) -- Neal 18' jumper (blocked)
possession at 1:22, shot at 1:15 (:07) -- Splitter (missed)
possession at 0:57, shot at 0:37 (:20) -- Splitter layup (made)
possession at 0:29, shot at 0:08 (:21) -- Neal 3' shot (blocked)

timvp
01-30-2012, 03:57 PM
at 82-75 with 5:30 left in the game, these were the Spurs' possessions:

possession at 5:37, shot at 5:33 (:04) -- Neal 10' jumper (made)
possession at 5:11, shot at 4:48 (:23) -- Splitter layup (missed)
possession at 4:37, shot at 4:15 (:22) -- Neal 13' jumper (made)
possession at 3:48, shot at 3:35 (:13) -- Neal 24' jumper (made)
possession at 3:18, shot at 3:00 (:18) -- Splitter layup (missed)
possession at 2:47, shot at 2:29 (:18) -- Anderson 9' jumper (blocked)
possession at 2:14, shot at 1:54 (:20) -- Neal 5' jumper (missed)
possession at 1:54, shot at 1:31 (:23) -- Neal 18' jumper (blocked)
possession at 1:22, shot at 1:15 (:07) -- Splitter (missed)
possession at 0:57, shot at 0:37 (:20) -- Splitter layup (made)
possession at 0:29, shot at 0:08 (:21) -- Neal 3' shot (blocked)

Thanks for the confirmation. :tu

Someone needs to hold himself to a higher thread starting threshold. Drunk estimations of what may or may not have happened shouldn't be enough to trigger the inner thread worthiness switch.

cantthinkofanything
01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. :tu

Someone needs to hold himself to a higher thread starting threshold. Drunk estimations of what may or may not have happened shouldn't be enough to trigger the inner thread worthiness switch.

I don't know. I see 75 more seconds they should have run off.