PDA

View Full Version : Obama best understands people, poll finds

JoeChalupa
01-30-2012, 04:14 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/72162.html

Most Americans say President Barack Obama understands the problems of average Americans better than either Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich do, according to a new poll Monday.

More than half of voters, or 55 percent, say Obama connects with the needs of average Americans very or fairly well, a Pew Research Center/Washington Post poll found. Still, 41 percent told pollsters the president doesn’t understand people’s problems too well or not at all well. The two Republican candidates, however, fare much worse: only 39 percent say Romney understands the problems of average Americans very or fairly well, and just 36 percent say the same for Gingrich.

And 51 percent say Gingrich does not connect with the needs of typical Americans well, while just under half — 48 percent — told pollsters Romney understands people’s problems not too well or not at all well.

Slightly more than half of independent voters, or 53 percent, say Obama is empathetic, while only 38 percent and 37 percent, respectively, had the same positive rating for Romney and Gingrich.

Along party lines, a whopping 84 percent of Democrats say Obama does connect with the concerns of average people. Among Republicans, 61 percent told pollsters Romney does connect well, and 60 percent say the same for Gingrich.

The poll surveyed 1,006 adults Jan. 26-29. The margin of error is plus or minus four percentage points.

~~Yeah, I know it don't mean anything but he needs all the help he can get against Willard.

Jacob1983
01-30-2012, 05:28 PM
What a joke. Ron Paul understands people the best in my opinion. He's the closest thing to a regular person out of the GOP field.

boutons_deux
01-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Paul doesn't understands that a huge majority of eveb REPUGs don't want the EPA touched, while Paul wants it killed.

Jacob1983
01-30-2012, 05:37 PM
How dare you sir!

JoeChalupa
01-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Paul's foreign policy is what does him in.

baseline bum
01-30-2012, 08:07 PM
He manipulated them well in 08.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Paul's foreign policy is what does him in.

Maybe in the GOP debates but any candidate that wants to get rid of SS, FDA, and most especially Medicare will never see office with the babyboomers dominating the electorate.

Paul is sincere no doubt but in touch with the average American? Do not think so.

SA210
01-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Understanding people, and actually doing what they need are two different things.

JoeChalupa
01-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Obama keeps it real. Well, you know what I mean.

Wild Cobra
01-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Understanding people, and actually doing what they need are two different things.

Agreed. just because he can portray himself that he cares, doesn't mean he does. All he cares about is them caring about him!

SA210
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Agreed. just because he can portray himself that he cares, doesn't mean he does. All he cares about is them caring about him!

Bingo

Jacob1983
01-31-2012, 03:24 AM
Ron Paul says what most regular people think but sometimes too scared to say it. He actually believes in what he says and the ideas he supports unlike most politicians.
Why is having principles and integrity such a bad thing?

ElNono
01-31-2012, 03:29 AM
Politics stopped being about integrity and principles a long time ago... it's been about the biggest wallet, peddling influence and cronyism for as long as I can remember...

There's nothing wrong with integrity and principles. They just won't pay for the ads and all the campaign machinery...

FuzzyLumpkins
01-31-2012, 03:30 AM
Ron Paul says what most regular people think but sometimes too scared to say it. He actually believes in what he says and the ideas he supports unlike most politicians.
Why is having principles and integrity such a bad thing?

When you start throwing out terms like 'regular people' your argument loses merit. And there is nothing wrong with having them, I actually have a ton of respect for Paul and his approach, moreso than any politician in a long time. I just feel that his antiestablishmentariansim of everything is folly.

cheguevara
01-31-2012, 09:39 AM
:lmao Hussein understands the people, that is why he has lavish fund raisers at $35,000 a pop in manhattan with his movie star buddies.

:lmao he understands the ppl that is why he signs Indefinite Detention Act

:lmao that is why he has a halloween party where he hires Johnny Depp and Tim Burton as mascots

:lmao this is the funniest shit this morning tbh

cheguevara
01-31-2012, 09:42 AM
What a joke. Ron Paul understands people the best in my opinion. He's the closest thing to a regular person out of the GOP field.

I don't think Paul understands "the people". He is honest enough to say "look let's leave it to the states because the people are different all over the place"

Ron Paul understands this country is divided and not going anywhere as "one republic"

This country is a union of independent states. Ron Paul wants to go back old school where it really was a union, the way the Fathers intended it to be.

boutons_deux
01-31-2012, 10:54 AM
the "united" colonies weren't doing shit until the Union really had a stronger central govt.

Paul's pushing fantasies, like "Christians'" fantasy they USA was founded as a Christian/theocratic country.

cheguevara
01-31-2012, 10:59 AM
the real fantasy is thinking you can impose your will on the people

ppl didn't really want Obamacare, ppl don't really want war, ppl don't really want to be detained indefinitely.

sorry but that is the real fantasy.

JoeChalupa
01-31-2012, 11:02 AM

As do all politicians.

JoeChalupa
01-31-2012, 11:03 AM
chugguava cracks me up. :lmao

SA210
01-31-2012, 03:29 PM
I still :lmao at the comparisons of Obama to Kennedy they used to make. What blasphemy.

Wild Cobra
01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
I still :lmao at the comparisons of Obama to Kennedy they used to make. What blasphemy.
How can anyone with a gram of intelligence do that with a strait face?

z0sa
01-31-2012, 04:12 PM
He'll understand you indefinitely.

Nbadan
02-01-2012, 12:43 AM
He'll understand you indefinitely.

:lol

Have the mass detentions begun?

Jacob1983
02-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Ron Paul does not care if you're religious or not. When it comes to religion, he only cares about your right to freedom of religion. And he's right when it comes to people's habits and standards. People can have their standards, habits, views, beliefs, opinions, and lifestyles but they just have to realize that they shouldn't force them onto others. Golden rule anyone?

Proxy
02-01-2012, 05:10 AM
Ron Paul does not care if you're religious or not. When it comes to religion, he only cares about your right to freedom of religion. And he's right when it comes to people's habits and standards. People can have their standards, habits, views, beliefs, opinions, and lifestyles but they just have to realize that they shouldn't force them onto others. Golden rule anyone?

Do you honestly believe that? He's a Politician... fucking christ.

He's a creationists... doesn't understand the smarter cream of the population (Atheists, Scientists, Liberals).

z0sa
02-01-2012, 05:38 AM
:lol

Have the mass detentions begun?

How long before they do?