PDA

View Full Version : Players that succeed in a reduced role..

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Name some instances of players succeeding in a reduced role..also, who are some players that would be more successful in reduced roles?..

This year, Vince Carter looks great in a reduced role, as the 3rd or 4th scorer on the team..as opposed to Orlando, where they needed him to be the #2 guy, despite being past his prime..

Mo Williams looks solid in his 6th man role, a contrast to his previous role as a #2/3 option on the Cavs and Bucks..

Lamar Odom and Shawn Marion are examples on title teams..players that were expected to be all-star options and failed, yet became key components on NBA title teams, as speciality players..

Off the top of my head, Andrea Bargnani, Kevin Martin and Carlos Boozer are players that would excel in 6th man roles on elite teams, IMO..

Samuel Eto'o
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I fucking love this thread.

DAF86
01-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Ray Allen.

Dirk would be a nice second banana behind Manu.

DeadlyDynasty
01-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Andrew Bynum

Samuel Eto'o
01-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Remember when Fabbs (?) said something incredibly stupid in the Club, and after he got ripped for it starting to say more stupid things itt on purpose to make it seem like he was just trolling.

Daf has been on that latter stage for like two years now.

resistanze
01-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Stackhouse looked good in a reduced role in Dallas a few years back.

Carmelo should be a second option at best, TBH.

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-30-2012, 10:38 PM
RJ needs a reduced role to 6th man. bonner needs to have no role at all.

Seriously Bosh or Wade needs to be the 6th man for the Heat. when James, Bosh, & wade are on the court 2 play good while 1 plays like complete shit. Heat only need 2 stars on the floor at all times.

DAF86
01-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Remember when Fabbs (?) said something incredibly stupid in the Club, and after he got ripped for it starting to say more stupid things itt on purpose to make it seem like he was just trolling.

Except that I have never said anything stupid.

Brazil
01-30-2012, 11:09 PM
a guy who is very good on a reduced role is for instance Collison

lefty
01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Brésil, avec les goudes :tu

pass1st
01-30-2012, 11:16 PM
I would say Tim Duncan at the moment

8FOR!3
01-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Bargnani succeeds just fine, there's just no one else on that team who should really even be starting. MAYBE Calderon, but he's an average NBA starting point guard at best.

Goran Dragic
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM

Tbh that's known as "pulling a lefty"

And yeah, daf has been doing that with manu > dirk for awhile now pretending he was kidding all along

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Bargnani is a C that doesn't rebound and plays average defense..I've been a fan of his for a minute, but it would require an unrealistically, precisely built team to work around him..

Dirk has been used as a comparison, but Dirk always rebounded well, in addition to the fact that he's a significantly superior scorer to Bargs..

lefty
01-30-2012, 11:20 PM

And yeah, daf has been doing that with manu > dirk for awhile now pretending he was kidding all along

Sooooooo funny :lmao :lmao. :lmao

DAF86
01-30-2012, 11:58 PM

I said that:

Manu's BB career > Dirks
Manu > Dirk at complementing Duncan's game
Manu was/is able of beign the number one guy on a very good NBA team
Manu at his best is as good as 99.9% of the NBA players

When the fuck have I said I was joking about that? I stand by all of that.

Brazil
01-31-2012, 12:02 AM
and Messi > Maradona

mavs>spurs
01-31-2012, 12:04 AM
OP is dead on with carter, he's been alright for us this year. 21/4/3 tonight off 8-13 shooting. He's great as a spot up shooter who can still keep the defense honest with the occasional drive.

DAF86
01-31-2012, 12:07 AM
and Messi > Maradona

I have never said that 'cause I have never seen Maradona play at his prime but given how many people that did watch both play dare to put a 24 kid ahead of who many consider/considered to the be the GOAT, I would say there's nothing wrong with it.

Latarian Milton
01-31-2012, 05:22 AM
OP is dead on with carter, he's been alright for us this year. 21/4/3 tonight off 8-13 shooting. He's great as a spot up shooter who can still keep the defense honest with the occasional drive.

the fact that VC doesn't have a ring pretty much explains why he's been playing SO much better then he was supposed to do tbh, though the mavs have ZERO chance at repeatin it this season...

12' championship is a LOCKED one for us Heat tbh