PDA

View Full Version : If Howard really wants to win, he needs to demand chicago and only that.

MattBonnerExperience
01-30-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm sick of Dwight talking about he only wants to be with a consistent contender. But he wants to leave his team for one that's 7-14 or with a team that has nothing but him and Kobe, and after another year or two, just Howard.

He doesn't want to win, he just wants to be the man in a big city.Why else would you join the lakers?

But until this week, he hasn't even talked about Chicago. How scary would a team with rose and Howard be? All Chicago would Have to give up is Noah and boozer. That'll clear up the start for Taj Gibson and sign a better 2 guard.

Dwight please, come to your senses and join Chicago.

DAF86
01-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Howard should sign with the Spurs on the offseason.

Best coach in the league, one of the best teams, TD-Manu-TP, great future (Leonard, Blair, Splitter, Neal, Anderson)

TP/Ford (or any random PG)
Manu/Neal
Leonard/Anderson (He will sign with the Spurs if he does well)
Duncan/Blair/Bonner
Howard/Splitter

Championship team right there.

MR.SILVER&BLack
01-30-2012, 10:43 PM

Best coach in the league, one of the best teams, TD-Manu-TP, great future (Leonard, Blair, Splitter, Neal, Anderson)

Manu/Neal
Duncan/Blair/Bonner
Howard/Splitter

& Hopefully you will be able to replace blairs name with Lorbek.

DAF86
01-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Seriously, if the Spurs were a big market team, this would be a no brainer.

NewcastleKEG
01-30-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm sick of Dwight talking about he only wants to be with a consistent contender. But he wants to leave his team for one that's 7-14 or with a team that has nothing but him and Kobe, and after another year or two, just Howard.

He doesn't want to win, he just wants to be the man in a big city.Why else would you join the lakers?

But until this week, he hasn't even talked about Chicago. How scary would a team with rose and Howard be? All Chicago would Have to give up is Noah and boozer. That'll clear up the start for Taj Gibson and sign a better 2 guard.

Dwight please, come to your senses and join Chicago.
It's the same situation Wade was in last year

Rose
Wade
Deng
Gibson
Noah
Asik
- someone else

NewcastleKEG
01-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Remember NBA players have the most out of reality perspectives of the NFL, MLB, NHL or Soccer leagues.

Howard probably thinks he can go to Toronto and win a title

MattBonnerExperience
01-30-2012, 10:49 PM
It's the same situation Wade was in last year

Rose
Wade
Deng
Gibson
Noah
Asik
- someone else

True, but I'm pretty sure he never had any real intention of joining the bulls. You know Wade and Bosh made a documentary about that offseason right? I'm sure it was just for suspense

TIMMYtoZO
01-30-2012, 10:50 PM
The Bulls have shit to offer outside of Rose. Orlando isn't going to take on Boozers disgusting contract. Noah won't even be close to enough, and neither will Deng.

NewcastleKEG
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
True, but I'm pretty sure he never had any real intention of joining the bulls. You know Wade and Bosh made a documentary about that offseason right? I'm sure it was just for suspense
I think these elite guys look at Chicago and see a north/east city (big media/expectations & cold weather) & then Tom Thibs will be in your face demanding & Rose & Noah are gym rats

So they are scared

MattBonnerExperience
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM

Manu/Neal
Duncan/Blair/Bonner
Howard/Splitter

that's a sexy lineup. But then again it's also the same as the lakers situation. Can a team of Dwight, splitter, and leonard carry the team in 3 years?

MattBonnerExperience
01-30-2012, 10:54 PM
The Bulls have shit to offer outside of Rose. Orlando isn't going to take on Boozers disgusting contract. Noah won't even be close to enough, and neither will Deng.

The magic have said that they don't wanna rebuild, they want players that can win now. I would take boozer and Noah over Amare and Chandler anyday.

NewcastleKEG
01-30-2012, 11:06 PM
The Bulls have the most to offer, guy who doesn't watch outside his own team

TIMMYtoZO
01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
The Bulls have the most to offer, guy who doesn't watch outside his own team

Who else do they have, guy who is a fan of teams owned by my teams. :lol

NewcastleKEG
01-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Deng - Top 10 SF
Noah - Top 10 Center
Asik or Gibson- Legit backup post players
Bobcats 1st Round pick
2 other 1st Round picks
3-2nd Round Picks
Enough money to take Turk

That's worst case because I don't think it should take that much

pass1st
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Deng - Top 10 SF
Noah - Top 10 Center
Bobcats 1st Round pick
2 other 1st Round picks
3-2nd Round Picks

Top 10 of anything in the league, sans PG, isn't saying much anymore.

TIMMYtoZO
01-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Deng - Top 10 SF
Noah - Top 10 Center
Bobcats 1st Round pick
2 other 1st Round picks
3-2nd Round Picks

Noah? With that contract and no offense whatsoever?

Deng? His contract will expire in 2.5 years, but Noah's long term deal and no room for offensive improvement will kill it.

Asik/Gibson? Yeah, they could be throw ins but Noah's long term deal and no room for offensive improvement will kill it.

Draft picks? Not bad, but Noah's long term deal and no room for offensive improvement will kill it.

DMC
01-30-2012, 11:25 PM
It depends on who gets the 1st overall pick and who they take. Howard could end up in a twin towers situation.

MattBonnerExperience
01-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Noah? With that contract and no offense whatsoever?

Deng? His contract will expire in 2.5 years, but Noah's long term deal and no room for offensive improvement will kill it.

Asik/Gibson? Yeah, they could be throw ins but Noah's long term deal and no room for offensive improvement will kill it.

Draft picks? Not bad, but Noah's long term deal and no room for offensive improvement will kill it.

Noah's contract isn't great, but 12.5 million isn't terrible for the 4th best center in the league.

DeadlyDynasty
01-30-2012, 11:36 PM

:rollin

NewcastleKEG
01-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Top 10 of anything in the league, sans PG, isn't saying much anymore.
I think the Magic are still a playoff team by dealing with Chicago

Gundy loves defense.....Noah & Deng

WeNeedLength
01-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Orlando has averaged barely 70 points per game the last 8 games. :lmao

DAF86
01-31-2012, 12:04 AM

Manu/Neal
Duncan/Blair/Bonner
Howard/Splitter

And I forgot about Green.

NewcastleKEG
01-31-2012, 12:10 AM
And I forgot about Green.
:lol

He should sign with the Celtics

DAF86
01-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Will the Celtics have enough money to get Howard?

MattBonnerExperience
01-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Will the Celtics have enough money to get Howard?

They will but the only players left on that roster will be rondo and pierce. Not that appealing for the future

DAF86
01-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Well, the Spurs will have the money without losing any significant piece, that's why they are a really good option if it wasn't for this big market bug players seem to have these days.

NewcastleKEG
01-31-2012, 12:22 AM
Well, the Spurs will have the money without losing any significant piece, that's why they are a really good option if it wasn't for this big market bug players seem to have these days.
They're okay

Duncan and Manu will be gone in a couple years

MattBonnerExperience
01-31-2012, 12:24 AM
^This. I want duncan to play forever but that's a pipe dream. We have nothing really appealing to Howard long term.

DAF86
01-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Nah, Duncan and Manu can be above average role players for the next 3, 4 and maybe even 5 years.

MattBonnerExperience
01-31-2012, 12:30 AM
Nah, Duncan and Manu can be above average role players for the next 3, 4 and maybe even 5 years.

I wouldn't say above average but they will deffiantly be servicable, but Howard needs someone
who can hold his hand and step up with the game on the line. Manu and Duncan won't be able to do that anymore.

DAF86
01-31-2012, 12:31 AM
^This. I want duncan to play forever but that's a pipe dream. We have nothing really appealing to Howard long term.

Manu will be a borderline all-star at least for the next two years, Parker could/should be a borderline all-star for at least the next 4, 5 years. Duncan like I said before could be a pretty good role player for at least the next 3 years. Then you have guys like Splitter, Leonard, Blair, Green, Neal and maybe Anderson.

If Howard signs with the Spurs he assures himslef to be on a competitive team for at least the next five years.

MattBonnerExperience
01-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Manu will be a borderline all-star at least for the next two years, Parker could/should be a borderline all-star for at least the next 4, 5 years. Duncan like I said before could be a pretty good role player for at least the next 3 years. Then you have guys like Splitter, Leonard, Blair, Green, Neal and maybe Anderson.

If Howard signs with the Spurs he assures himslef to be on a competitive team for at least the next five years.

Manu's 34 and getting injured more frequently, it's gonna be hard for him to step up consistently. Parker will be good for the next 4-5 years. I'm not saying they won't be contenders with pop and Howard they can easily make it to the WCF. The thing is I don't really see anyone who makes me think "oh shit this guy might guy off and we're fucked if that happens". Pretty much every champion has had that guy.