PDA

View Full Version : Win over Memphis

SpurSpurSpurs
01-31-2012, 12:46 AM
When we win, I always compare the Spurs and opponents FG %, TO's, rebounds or steals. Also considering if the opponent team does't have at least one of their top players. I'm still hoping that the win was because of great defense and not just poor FG% from the opponent or another non Spurs factor, but it seems like it. I hardly watch their games this season, but when I do, it always happen.

Thoughts?

xellos88330
01-31-2012, 01:23 AM
It wasn't so much the defense, but something that I don't think the Grizz expected. A Spurs team with a ton of energy. Leonard shut down Gay. I mean completely SHUT him down. Gay got completely frustrated and the rest of the Grizz soon followed suit, which led them to miss easy looks on the perimeter.

This is the energy that I was hoping to see from the Spurs. If they can be this disruptive throughout the playoffs, I will be ecstatic because it means I will have to start saving up extra money for a decent playoff run.

shorttotry
01-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Absolutely, this game was entirely about energy and hustle. That's what won this game and damn near won the Mavs game.

Wild Cobra Kai
01-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Good defense AND good offense. For most of the game, we kept Memphis in the half court by taking care of the ball and making shots. If Memphis isn't getting runouts, they're a pretty average team. I disagree with Sean. I think they're MUCH better built around ZBo than Rudy Gay. Gay is great on the break, but he's never going to take your team anywhere because he's only slightly above average in the half court. The post season is played in the half court.

Stalin
01-31-2012, 11:22 AM
great win scros, way to shit on those memphis homos, lenard looks like the second coming of bowen
lol 0-7 rudy fag

silverblk mystix
01-31-2012, 06:28 PM
the only difference from the playoffs is that Memphis was being called for fouls last night and in the playoffs they were mugging and hacking parker, manu, duncan at will and were allowed to ...the entire series.

Last night the refs called the same mugging shit - fouls- and the memphis players were baffled and lost their composure.

Lukor
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Zach randolph is out. He anchors their offense, without him theyre not even the same team.
Still good win though,i didnt think Leonard would lock down Gay like that.

lmbebo
01-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Zach randolph is out. He anchors their offense, without him theyre not even the same team.
Still good win though,i didnt think Leonard would lock down Gay like that.

Same can be said about Manu being out and Spurs. Its irrelevant who is out and who is not anymore. So many teams are dealing with injuries right now.

A win is a win in this league.

Proxy
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Same can be said about Manu being out and Spurs. Its irrelevant who is out and who is not anymore. So many teams are dealing with injuries right now.

A win is a win in this league.

Co-sign

I don't get it, but a lot of people on this board seem to forget Manu and TJ are out... not sure why. Every win we get without our best player and second best playmaker is a good win in my book.

Budkin
01-31-2012, 07:57 PM
They really took something from that Dallas game when the bench came with energy and got them back in it.

TMTŪ
01-31-2012, 08:04 PM
They really took something from that Dallas game when the bench came with energy and got them back in it.

The bench is just building that confidence, and it's a good thing because we will have to rely on them a lot come playoff time. But it's good to know we can rely on Danny, Gary and Tiago for heavy minutes when they need it. Bonner is a wild card, but when it comes down to a 7 game series I just don't see him making those plays we need to win.

Not to mention we're pretty much running out backup point guard spot right now through two shooting guards. Even with TJ and no Manu, this team's depth is impressive. Can't wait to be full strength for playoff time.

pgardn
01-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Leonard was outstanding. Conley still gives us way too many problems. Gasol is not nearly as effective without Randolph. Their entire team lost composure last night including Coach Lionel. I really thought this would happen in the playoffs last year. But we did not give them enough of a shove (literally and figuratively) to push them to frustration.