PDA

View Full Version : What is it with kittens?

cherylsteele
06-19-2005, 05:48 PM
What is it with kittens and feet, paper towels etc.

We have a 3 1/2 mos old kitten who just likes to play with my feet....I have to wear socks in the apartment so I don't get all scratched up.

Anytime I pick up paper towels she just has a field day...especially if I leave them out within her reach...I wake up in the morning and will find shredded towels everywhere.

SpursFanDan
06-19-2005, 06:05 PM
At a young age kittens have an urge to scratch because of their new nails that are trying to break out of the old ones. I'm sure those arent the technical terms for it, but you get the point. Our cat is just crazy, any cat that plays fetch and actually brings the object(hairband, coke cap) back, is just plain nuts. Their not as loving as dogs, but they give the love when you least expect it.

SpursFanDan
06-19-2005, 06:06 PM
cats are just naturally curious. My cat is about a year old, and she still thinks our feet are some kind of seperate entity from our bodies.

ObiwanGinobili
06-19-2005, 07:24 PM
I had a crazy cat once.
She would leae us little "presents" at the back door like most cats will. Mostly snakes, bats, mice, grasshoopers etc.
Except one time the "present" was the neighbor's new chow puppy. She killed it.
crazy crazy cat.

3rdCoast
06-19-2005, 07:29 PM
my cat is like 5 and still goes nuts over feet, toes, paper towels, sudden noises and petting on his chin.

SWC Bonfire
06-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Except one time the "present" was the neighbor's new chow puppy. She killed it.

Chows are the worst dogs ever, worse than pit bulls IMO. The only time they should be kept is if they are kept away from other people 100%. That cat did you a favor.

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 08:21 AM
That's okay...I'm about to kill the 2 we got from MANNY & JEKKA. When I catch them on the kitchen counter I spray them with the water faucet? They keep getting up there and tearing into shit.

The biggest thing that's pissing me off is the dining room table...they get smacked? They won't stop. My kids have taken to sleeping with their doors closed because they are all over the house running around like maniacs in the middle of the night waking everyone up.

If they weren't so fucking cute they'd be a taco right now. :fro

Useruser666
06-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Kittens are great. Great with BBQ sauce.

Flea
06-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Cats are great but kittens are a nightmare!!!

Jekka
06-20-2005, 10:08 AM
That's okay...I'm about to kill the 2 we got from MANNY & JEKKA. When I catch them on the kitchen counter I spray them with the water faucet? They keep getting up there and tearing into shit.

The biggest thing that's pissing me off is the dining room table...they get smacked? They won't stop. My kids have taken to sleeping with their doors closed because they are all over the house running around like maniacs in the middle of the night waking everyone up.

Yeah, the one my parents kept is a heinous little monkey - she climbs vertically on the furniture and speeds down the hall for no reason in addition to attacking herself in the mirror - my mother would have killed her by now if my dad wasn't in love with her. She sleeps on his shoulder when he's watching movies (which means the Laundrey Nazi isn't ironing - that cat has accomplished something no one else could do: cease the incessant laundering).

Kittens are insane - especially when they're people-friendly (and the ones I gave away are super-people friendly) and not afraid of you. Then they grow up and get fat and lazy, which is how I like them.

Ginofan
06-20-2005, 10:26 AM

My cat was exactly like that when he was a little big younger, but after we got him fixed, he settled down ALOT. He's still a young cat and so he's going to be playful but yeah...he's alot more calm now.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
My cat was exactly like that when he was a little big younger, but after we got him fixed, he settled down ALOT. He's still a young cat and so he's going to be playful but yeah...he's alot more calm now.

Is that Murry?

Gatita
06-20-2005, 10:44 AM
My miniature schnauzer has a fascination with paper as well.

Ginofan
06-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Is that Murry?
Yup! Murray :D

Gatita
06-20-2005, 10:56 AM
http://img192.echo.cx/img192/8972/dcp01499ci.jpg

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Kittens suck.

travis2
06-20-2005, 12:39 PM
http://radbrad.rucus.net/gallery/albums/funnies/kittens.sized.jpg

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 01:01 PM

awwwww.
dude i want your dog.
Ifr i get a chance I'm dognapping it... be forwarned!! :spin

Gatita
06-20-2005, 01:05 PM
awwwww.
dude i want your dog.
Ifr i get a chance I'm dognapping it... be forwarned!! :spin

We don't say the D word around him. He doesn't know he is a D*g. :lol Kidnapping is more like it. :)

CyberSnake
06-20-2005, 01:41 PM
http://radbrad.rucus.net/gallery/albums/funnies/kittens.sized.jpg

There's alot of dead kittens then.

Jekka
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Kittens suck.

Kinda like your face?

cherylsteele
06-20-2005, 02:05 PM
right now the kittern has fallen asleep on my lap....she also like to lay on my chest as I watch TV.

This make it a whole lot better....I know she is just playing with my feet.....but I have ruin soooo many socks.

tlongII
06-20-2005, 02:06 PM

Messy, messy! Better straighten things up Gatita!

cherylsteele
06-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Cats are great but kittens are a nightmare!!!

We had 5 of them.......broke my heart to have to give them to the human society but we couldn't afford to keep them anymore..

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh, another thing that's killing me with these kittens...

THEY ARE TOTAL SHIT-FACTORIES! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD AN ANIMAL THAT SHIT LIKE THESE 2 DO!

:cuss :flipoff :lol

Jekka
06-20-2005, 02:14 PM

THEY ARE TOTAL SHIT-FACTORIES! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD AN ANIMAL THAT SHIT LIKE THESE 2 DO!

Maybe that's a genetic thing, because I've noticed that about Momma Cat, too - and she really doesn't eat that much ... it's bizarre. I don't worry about her though, she's got more energy than any cat I've ever seen, the spazz. :lol :lol

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Maybe that's a genetic thing, because I've noticed that about Momma Cat, too - and she really doesn't eat that much ... it's bizarre. I don't worry about her though, she's got more energy than any cat I've ever seen, the spazz. :lol :lol

It has to be a super-high metabolism or something...I wish I could bottle it. :drunk

Jekka
06-20-2005, 02:24 PM
It has to be a super-high metabolism or something...I wish I could bottle it. :drunk

No kidding - these cats should be studied for human application.

travis2
06-20-2005, 02:26 PM

Try geese.

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Try geese.

Actually....I'm getting a snake, they only eat & shit once a month. :lol

travis2
06-20-2005, 02:35 PM
:wow

If you see your snake with a big bulge and a kid is missing...wellllll...

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Holy Shit! I was just telling Jess that their mother shits like nobodies business. She shits out like 10 times what she takes in. I don't understand!

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 02:36 PM
:wow

If you see your snake with a big bulge and a kid is missing...wellllll...

:lol ... that'd be pretty freaky. If we get the one I want, he's only a baby....hopefully my kid will be able to run fast enough by the time it can open it's jaw THAT wide.

:lol

travis2
06-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Holy Shit! I was just telling Jess that their mother shits like nobodies business. She shits out like 10 times what she takes in. I don't understand!

Geese are right up there, let me tell you. And at least kitty $#!t is (usually) solid...

travis2
06-20-2005, 02:38 PM
:lol ... that'd be pretty freaky. If we get the one I want, he's only a baby....hopefully my kid will be able to run fast enough by the time it can open it's jaw THAT wide.

I'd imagine your opinion (hopefully or not) at that point will be formed by what your kid had done in the recent past...:lol

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 02:43 PM

I swear to God, I clean it out in the morning....by the time I get home from work my house smells like a methane bomb hit it....and it's FULL.

And I do NOT leave food out for them all day. It'd be funny if I wasn't the one having to clean out the box.

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I'd imagine your opinion (hopefully or not) at that point will be formed by what your kid had done in the recent past...:lol

The snake I want is this pretty pink & yellow king snake....I think they get between 6 & 8 (?) feet long? That should be big enough....and those kitties better learn to stay away from the tank a lot better than I can get them to stay away from my aquarium.

:wow :devil