PDA

View Full Version : Hornets and Rockets talk trade for Kaman

djohn2oo8
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Apparently our trash is sufficient enough for the services of the bum.

The Houston Rockets have had extensive trade discussions with the New Orleans Hornets about center Chris Kaman and appear to be in the lead for him, numerous sources told SI.com.

The NBA-owned Hornets, who acquired Kaman from the Clippers in the Chris Paul deal on Dec. 15, rendered him inactive last week and publicly acknowledged their decision to trade him. Hornets general manager Dell Demps has been shopping for a deal involving young players and draft picks while the big man awaits his next destination. Kaman, 29, an All-Star in 2009-2010 when he averaged 18.5 points and 9.2 rebounds, is making $14 million in the last year of his contract.

Dealing with the Hornets means any trade must be vetted by league executives Stu Jackson and Joel Litvin before being approved by commissioner David Stern. A week before Paul was traded to the Clippers, Stern vetoed a three-team deal that would have sent the star point guard to the Lakers and Pau Gasol to the Rockets, who are now back negotiating with New Orleans.

While no deal is imminent and the pieces are still being discussed, sources said the talks have involved the Rockets' two top-10 picks from the 2009 draft -- center Hasheem Thabeet (No. 2 by Memphis) and power forward Jordan Hill (No. 8 by New York). The Rockets have other young former first-rounders who could be included as well, among them second-year forward Patrick Patterson, third-year point guard Jonny Flynn and fourth-year small forward Terrence Williams. They also have a 2012 first-round pick from New York that the Hornets would love to obtain.4]

Double-Up
02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
They can have those scrubs for Kaman and he expires after the season so it's win win for us.

jjktkk
02-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Would be a good trade imo. Kaman could give Houston a legit post scorer.

Double-Up
02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
No way we give up Patterson though.

djohn2oo8
02-01-2012, 03:17 PM
No way we give up Patterson though.

Yeah fuck that. I was reading a Hornets message board and one dumbass thinks Thabeet still has potential. :lol

djohn2oo8
02-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Hornets might not hold out for the extra pick because they already have Minny's pick, they want them in the lottery. So they really have no leverage.

DPG21920
02-01-2012, 04:28 PM
It will take the pick. No other reason to give up cap space

dbestpro
02-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Kaman and Dalembert. Houston's new twin towers?

Pass.

baseline bum
02-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Thabeet and Hill? :rollin Dell Demps really has shit for brains.

djohn2oo8
02-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Thabeet and Hill? :rollin Dell Demps really has shit for brains.
It's almost too good to be true. :lol

baseline bum
02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Is Demps sure he doesn't want to ask for Francis and Mobley too?

Pelicans78
02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
No way the Hornets will trade Kaman without the draft pick. Hornets really don't care for the other trash except for just matching salaries. They won't take a bad contract like Scola. So they need the salaries to match with cheap one year deals, but they really want the draft pick. Stern screwed Houston before. He will try to do it again.

noob cake
02-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Hill is a bench center.

Thabeet is just a bust.

baseline bum
02-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Hill is a bust

Thabeet is just a monumental bust of epic proportions.

fify

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Hornets might not hold out for the extra pick because they already have Minny's pick, they want them in the lottery. So they really have no leverage.
but its a stacked draft and the Knicks are horrible.

Pelicans78
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Any chance the Rockets would be interested in Landry? He really needs to be traded and the Hornets don't want to play him anymore either.

djohn2oo8
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Any chance the Rockets would be interested in Landry? He really needs to be traded and the Hornets don't want to play him anymore either.

No, I think unless Scola is traded too, then maybe. But we have Scola at the 4 already, and Patterson who can play the 4 too.

NewcastleKEG
02-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Is that really the best NO can get?

How are the Spurs not on the phone?

Pelicans78
02-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Is that really the best NO can get?

How are the Spurs not on the phone?

Kaman sucks.

djohn2oo8
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM
On a side note, didn't know EVERYONE on the Spurs flops.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2012, 11:15 PM
lol bonner flopped today, that shit was hilarious

DPG21920
02-01-2012, 11:16 PM
:cry

NewcastleKEG
02-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Kaman sucks.
Kaman would get drafted #5 overall in next years draft if he was from overseas

If I were San Antonio I'd trade them Jefferson or some shit

Giuseppe
02-02-2012, 12:20 AM

You over your crying jag, New?

Welcome back, honey.:lol

NewcastleKEG
02-02-2012, 12:21 AM
You over your crying jag, New?

Welcome back, honey.:lol
Yes. I got burped N spanked. Feel better now

baseline bum
02-02-2012, 12:23 AM

CROFL @ Stern ever agreeing the take the Dick and its remaining 3 years.

ducks
02-02-2012, 12:24 AM
trade martin for him

venitian navigator
02-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Thabeet, Hill, Flynn, Williams are still under contract next year...and nobody of them has shown till now a real "market value". None of them looks to be in Houston's plans not for this season nor for the future.
So, without picks included, it would be just a trade for Houston best interest, giving them the chance to free 14 millions of cap space and the chance to see if (ex all star) Kaman is worth of re-signing for a smaller contract.

So, I see at least one (possible lottery) pick included.

On the other side, for N.O. the trade make sense 'cause, after the (stupid) decision of Gordon not to re-sign, probably they decided to completely re-build via draft choices, postponing the year with cap space available to operate in the Free agents market.

That said, all of Flynn, Thabeeet, Hill and Williams could have the minutes and the freedom to play...and who knows? maybe one (or more) of them could have inimaginable improvements thaks of the new situation...

And one thing more.

I would not be surprised if the next thing on the market, if possible by nba rules, would be Gordon.

Latarian Milton
02-02-2012, 06:45 AM
would be a decent addition 2 yo squad n!gga but you must act quick b4 dem sorry mavs gazump you tbh

Pelicans78
02-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Looks like the Pacers are in the lead now. They don't have to match salaries since they're under the cap. I would be fine with just a first round pick.

Indazone
02-03-2012, 02:02 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ade/index.html

Quote:
The Houston Rockets have had extensive trade discussions with the New Orleans Hornets about center Chris Kaman and appear to be in the lead for him, numerous sources told SI.com.

The NBA-owned Hornets, who acquired Kaman from the Clippers in the Chris Paul deal on Dec. 15, rendered him inactive last week and publicly acknowledged their decision to trade him. Hornets general manager Dell Demps has been shopping for a deal involving young players and draft picks while the big man awaits his next destination. Kaman, 29, an All-Star in 2009-2010 when he averaged 18.5 points and 9.2 rebounds, is making $14 million in the last year of his contract.

Dealing with the Hornets means any trade must be vetted by league executives Stu Jackson and Joel Litvin before being approved by commissioner David Stern. A week before Paul was traded to the Clippers, Stern vetoed a three-team deal that would have sent the star point guard to the Lakers and Pau Gasol to the Rockets, who are now back negotiating with New Orleans.

While no deal is imminent and the pieces are still being discussed, sources said the talks have involved the Rockets' two top-10 picks from the 2009 draft -- center Hasheem Thabeet (No. 2 by Memphis) and power forward Jordan Hill (No. 8 by New York). The Rockets have other young former first-rounders who could be included as well, among them second-year forward Patrick Patterson, third-year point guard Jonny Flynn and fourth-year small forward Terrence Williams. They also have a 2012 first-round pick from New York that the Hornets would love to obtain.4

Indazone
02-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Chris Kaman and Dalembert...a far cry from Gasol and Nene