PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Prius

Blake
02-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Just tried out a brand new one today and it was awful, imo.

I see them all over, but does anyone have one that enjoys driving it? It seems to me that Toyota asked themselves just how ergonomically messed up they could make this car before rolling it out.

No way I ever buy one of these.

leemajors
02-01-2012, 07:16 PM
height issue?

BlackSwordsMan
02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
bill burr likes them

leemajors
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
bill burr likes them

he just bought an f100 i think, in addition to that.

BlackSwordsMan
02-01-2012, 07:36 PM
he just bought an f100 i think, in addition to that.

Nah a truck from the 60's
get yo facts straight my dude

leemajors
02-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Nah a truck from the 60's
get yo facts straight my dude

that is what an f100 is my friend:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/1955_Ford_F-100_front.jpg/250px-1955_Ford_F-100_front.jpg

I been listenin to the monday morning podcast for a while :lol

BlackSwordsMan
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
that is what an f100 is my friend:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/1955_Ford_F-100_front.jpg/250px-1955_Ford_F-100_front.jpg

I been listenin to the monday morning podcast for a while :lol

:rollin

BlackSwordsMan
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Actually heard him say that on the opie and anthony show haven't listened to this week

Blake
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
height issue?

suprisingly it had just enough room to be adequate for a daily commute if need be

the things that sucked, imo:

-the arm-rest on the door was way too low. I had to lean over to the left to use it.

-the radio/ a/c display system protrudes forward and merges into the center console. It feels awkward and serves no real purpose that I can tell

-The rear window is terrible because part of the door frame comes across the middle of the window, blocking part of the view. The upper part of the back window was not tinted, the bottom part under the frame was. Reminded me of the old Honda CRX hatchbacks.

-the steering wheel was tiny....like it had been pulled from a malibu grand prix car.

Pure terribleness, imo.

sonnytris
02-01-2012, 10:06 PM
My better half is a Toyota dealer Driver and she says the Prius is the only car that the drivers hate to drive anywhere ...especially to Dallas on the superslab callled hiway 35... But all other toyota cars are a dream to drive and easy on the wallet for fuel consumption

4>0rings
02-01-2012, 10:41 PM
lol @ actually thinking about buying a Prius

Blake
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Lol @ misreading

Blake
02-01-2012, 11:24 PM
My better half is a Toyota dealer Driver and she says the Prius is the only car that the drivers hate to drive anywhere ...especially to Dallas on the superslab callled hiway 35... But all other toyota cars are a dream to drive and easy on the wallet for fuel consumption

I've owned 4 toyotas. Best cars on the road, imo.

Prius is bizarro toyota

mercos
02-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Wow, so the Prius is as crappy as it is ugly? It must be a conspiracy by the oil companies to keep people from driving fuel efficient cars. :lol The only "green" cars I have seen thus far that have impressed me are those put out by Tesla.

Bill_Brasky
02-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Thing about the Prius is, the money you save on gas is cancelled out by the fact that it costs a lot more than a sedan. It's new technology and the battery is expensive as fuck too.

So really no point in getting one, unless you're a faggot yuppie environmentalist than can afford to have your wallet raped.

Wild Cobra
02-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Don't get a hybrid or electric where the temperature gets real cold. The batteries are really wimpy in cold weather.

Sisk
02-02-2012, 12:52 AM

CuckingFunt
02-02-2012, 02:57 AM
My younger sister has a used one and likes it, but she lives in San Francisco and therefore hardly drives.

I consider myself a pretty dedicated ecomentalist, but I still think they're dumb.

Blake
02-02-2012, 03:06 AM
I assume things too

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2012, 04:56 AM
nothing wrong with them cars, besides lack of power, but it does what its built for...good mileage from A to B...

yes freeway driving is a bitch when ur tryin to hit that speed limit, but who are you racing on the freeway anyway...stick to the left lane fool..

theres a blind spot in the prius that gives me the shits is the front corner windows and side mirrors thats attached together, i think its too wide for my likeing, sometimes i cant see incoming cars when im making right/left turns

Sportcamper
02-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Thing about the Prius is, the money you save on gas is cancelled out by the fact that it costs a lot more than a sedan. It's new technology and the battery is expensive as fk too

That is pretty lame…None of what you posted is even remotely true… The Prius is a reliable car, they go forever…I work with two people who have the 1st generation & they are waiting for the cars to die, which just isn’t happing…Both cars are over 10 years old with over 200,000 miles…When something does need repair Toyota fix's it for next to nothing…

My company is the just about the stingiest company on the planet…They have accountants running numbers every day trying to figure out where they can pinch pennies…For the past 10 years they have changed over from small gas cars to an all Prius fleet…They operate about a hundred Prius’s which are subjected to city driving in 100 degree heat 5 days a week…With premium gas over 4 bucks a gallon they save big money on operating costs…With gas cars they used to upgrade their fleet every 2 years, with the Prius they have extended that to every four years…The current generation Prius is expected to go even further….

Sportcamper
02-02-2012, 06:43 AM
That being said, big fat guys should stick with a pickup truck…You would look pretty silly in a Prius…

boutons_deux
02-02-2012, 09:23 AM
"the money you save on gas is cancelled out by the fact that it costs a lot more"

and the $5K a few years later for battery replacement.

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2012, 10:09 AM
"the money you save on gas is cancelled out by the fact that it costs a lot more"

and the $5K a few years later for battery replacement.

battery costs alot to be replaced, but its going down in price

hence it only fcks up when you abuse the car without proper maintenance and shit

hence the battery only fcks up if u drive in electric mode alot...other then in petrol mode you hardly use the battery besides electricity for the components in the dashboard

boutons_deux
02-02-2012, 10:54 AM
If you must dramatically alter your driving behavior to avoid "abusing" your Prius battery, then that's another huge drawback.

"battery only fcks up if u drive in electric mode alot"

only??? "in electric mode alot" is the whole point of a fricking hybrid

One objective should be for the car mfrs to get out of the proprietary/patented battery business, and start making hybrid/electrics that accept industry-standard/generic/commodity battery modules.

Car mfrs don't make gasoline, why should they make batteries?

greyforest
02-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Thing about the Prius is, the money you save on gas is cancelled out by the fact that it costs a lot more than a sedan. It's new technology and the battery is expensive as fuck too.

So really no point in getting one, unless you're a faggot yuppie environmentalist than can afford to have your wallet raped.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the Prius is "expensive as fuck" and "wallet rape". They're like $23-27k new.

Of all the new cars and trucks I see driving around it's probably cheaper than average.

CavsSuperFan
02-02-2012, 11:37 AM
If the Prius was any good HEB would be selling them by now…

benefactor
02-02-2012, 11:38 AM
If you are looking for something small that gets good gas mileage I'd go for a Hyundai Veloster.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/TTj_YlmTlOI/AAAAAAAD37Y/38EGjIClEww/s1600/2012-Hyundai-Veloster-5.JPG

Pretty sweet looking little cars and 40MPG on the highway.

greyforest
02-02-2012, 12:03 PM
THIS is the car I don't understand why anyone buys:
http://www.smartusa.com/_assets/home-banner-12.jpg

leemajors
02-02-2012, 09:43 PM
THIS is the car I don't understand why anyone buys:
http://www.smartusa.com/_assets/home-banner-12.jpg

if you're single, no family, and mainly commute to and from work it makes perfect sense.

Wild Cobra
02-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't understand why everyone thinks the Prius is "expensive as fuck" and "wallet rape". They're like $23-27k new.

Of all the new cars and trucks I see driving around it's probably cheaper than average.
Not cheaper than the average compact car.

Check out how well the AC and heating work when you test drive one.

Wild Cobra
02-03-2012, 12:12 AM
if you're single, no family, and mainly commute to and from work it makes perfect sense.
Beats a bicycle in the rain.

Obstructed_View
02-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Beats a bicycle in the rain.

But not if they're racing.

MavDynasty
02-03-2012, 03:48 AM
Those smarts are ugly as fuck and I'd rather take a VW beetle or fiat over that shit

leemajors
02-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Those smarts are ugly as fuck and I'd rather take a VW beetle or fiat over that shit

Dunno, think you could pull some pretty good hippie chicks in a smart car.

mrsmaalox
02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Benefactor, I didn't want to quote that ginormous Veloster photo, but my sister in law bought that car a couple of weeks ago and LOVES it! She hunted for one anywhere between Dallas and Phoenix for 4 months because they are in such high demand. She commutes 40 miles, 5 days a week (not to mention all the family errands she runs in between) and it's costing $17/week for gas. Not bad at all.