PDA

View Full Version : Why does Jefferson ave the 2nd most minutes on the team?

Fabbs
02-01-2012, 09:42 PM
And third is not even close.
33.2 Parker
31.0 Soft Dick
27.2 Duncan
24.5 Kwahi

timvp
I know it's not really the point of the thread but, for the record, as bad as Jack is these days and as crazy as Jack is these days, I'd still rather have him than RJ. At least with Jack, there's hope he'd step up in the playoffs when the going gets tough. With RJ, it's already a given that he'll fold.

DesignatedT
02-01-2012, 09:48 PM
because it doesn't matter if he gets hurt

loveforthegame
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
*ETA*

Wrong thread.

urunobili
02-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Neal chucking more than Kobe...

Fabbs
03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
After last nights performance vs the Bulls, Dick still holding on to 2nd a month later....

34.4 Parker
28.7 Soft Dick
28.3 Duncan

Certainly a cause for continued joy amongst the Poppers.
:pop:

sabar
03-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Because he is a minutes/injury/height sponge for the small forward spot. It seems he always plays in garbage time, which shows you what the coaching staff's opinion is of him. It is funny how unsubtle the whole thing is.

When/if manu/leonard are back, I think it'll be the end of crunch-time RJ unless we need the 3 ball.

Fabbs
03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
^^ so the bar has been lowered so far that it's long gone "championship pursuit" and instead "minutes/injury/height sponge for the small forward spot".
:pop: Go Spurs Go!

btw how do you figure Jefferson is a "height sponge"?

TJastal
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
And third is not even close.
33.2 Parker
31.0 Soft Dick
27.2 Duncan
24.5 Kwahi

timvp

My theory on why Dick gets so many minutes ---- Pop basically feels guilty about wasting so much of Holt's $$ and is still trying to get as much out of Jefferson as humanly possible in the hopes that his numbers and production will justify the contract they resigned him for.

Pop never misses an angle to play for his own benefit, and this has all the hallmarks of one of those carefully "calculated" moves which usually ends up backfiring in a big way on the spurs.

William Hung
03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
My theory on why Dick gets so many minutes ---- Pop basically feels guilty about wasting so much of Holt's $$ and is still trying to get as much out of Jefferson as humanly possible in the hopes that his numbers and production will justify the contract they resigned him for.

Pop never misses an angle to play for his own benefit, and this has all the hallmarks of one of those carefully "calculated" moves which usually ends up backfiring in a big way on the spurs.

Your obsession and conspiracy theories about Pop are humorous. If this a schtick, you've executed it quite nicely.

Rummpd
03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Pop trying to justify the sublime salary/per minute basis but Jefferson despite mulitiple chances rarely justifies the confidence Pop puts in him - perhaps he is related to Finley?

Anonymous Cowherd
03-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Manu's been injured most of the season, Neal's had injuries, Ford's been injured and that's meant Neal & Green playing at the point some, Kawhi is a rookie and has had injuries, Duncan needs his minutes limiting. RJ hasn't been injured at all and can play large minutes.

cheguevara
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
yup. fools have been injured. Dick is just a piece of meat pop has available to plug in. Somehow that fuck is durable. Propbably cause he don't even hustle, fucker jogs around like he's at the park

TJastal
03-05-2012, 04:13 AM
^^ so the bar has been lowered so far that it's long gone "championship pursuit" and instead "minutes/injury/height sponge for the small forward spot".
:pop: Go Spurs Go!

btw how do you figure Jefferson is a "height sponge"?

Height sponge lol.

Sabar be crazy, yo.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/482/funnydogpicturesizonyoc.jpg