PDA

View Full Version : Why does it feel like spring in texas?

mavs>spurs
02-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Tbh it's been uncharacteristically sunny and warm for some time now here in north texas, we really actually haven't had a winter yet at all. It feels like spring and its definitely helping fight the numbing seasonal depression some people get. I'm not the only one who notices it, firms are starting to recruit for summer internships even earlier than normal. I've been contacted by a couple of big financial firms here in the past couple of days about summer internships and jobs, this shit is my time of year I love it :hat. Can't wait for the coming white bass run in a month or two.

stretch
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
north texas? more like south oklahoma i saiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

Manu20
02-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I just turned on the AC here at work!! I want me some winter!!

mavs>spurs
02-02-2012, 05:02 PM
bout to have to roll out the ball and start hoopin soon stretch...

early spring is gonna fuck up my plan tbh. i ain't anywhere near game shape right now imho.

BlackSwordsMan
02-02-2012, 05:05 PM
its fucking hot right now global warming tbh

bus driver
02-02-2012, 06:09 PM
just switched my travel plans from NJ to Dallas.

:downspin:

PuttPutt
02-02-2012, 06:20 PM
We finally got winter 2 weeks ago in the Pacific NW. Now it's back to fairly mild temps. Highs close to 50. Been nice. Even though, I want a lot more snow.

JayTheClown
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Tbh it's been uncharacteristically sunny and warm for some time now here in north texas, we really actually haven't had a winter yet at all. It feels like spring and its definitely helping fight the numbing seasonal depression some people get. I'm not the only one who notices it, firms are starting to recruit for summer internships even earlier than normal. I've been contacted by a couple of big financial firms here in the past couple of days about summer internships and jobs, this shit is my time of year I love it :hat. Can't wait for the coming white bass run in a month or two.

You think your having a hard time right now? How do you think I feel

http://www.batafood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/7-most-terrifying-global-warming.jpg

Global warming bitches :lmao

mavs>spurs
02-02-2012, 06:52 PM
We finally got winter 2 weeks ago in the Pacific NW. Now it's back to fairly mild temps. Highs close to 50. Been nice. Even though, I want a lot more snow.

i think it was 72 yesterday, a little cooler today though

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-02-2012, 07:33 PM
it's ridiculously warm here in NY too.. it reached 60 yesterday and in the 50s today..

MavDynasty
02-02-2012, 07:41 PM
tbh we been playing ball like almost everyday this past few weeks. It's been like 50 even at night except it hit 27 once. It was cold as fuck :lol

This time last year, we were hit with a week of snow. Looks like no snow this year

BlackSwordsMan
02-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I've never seen snow in mai life.

Twisted_Dawg
02-02-2012, 09:07 PM

Dude, with global warming, the white bass now run 3-4 weeks earllier than it used to be. And with droughts and rivers down, the runs are not what they used to be.

BUMP
02-02-2012, 09:19 PM
tbh are either of you scros playing intramurals?

Nathan Explosion
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I love being able to open my patio door and windows in my rooms and kitchen at night and turn off the AC or heat. Not complaining one bit.

mavs>spurs
02-02-2012, 10:14 PM
[/B]

Dude, with global warming, the white bass now run 3-4 weeks earllier than it used to be. And with droughts and rivers down, the runs are not what they used to be.

it was still solid here at the local spot where i go last year, but due to the crazy weather it was hard to tell when they were in there. they ended up running extra late, and i had given up. by the time i finally got around to trying again, i only caught the tail end of it. 2 good trips then boom they were gone just as fast as they came.

mavs>spurs
02-02-2012, 10:15 PM
tbh are either of you scros playing intramurals?

i had thought about it glad u reminded me. you?

IronMexican
02-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Been upper 70's all week in LA. So hot for me. Prefer 60's or lower. Hate it.

mavs>spurs
02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
^lol i know a troll comment when i see it. cry me a river fag lol.

IronMexican
02-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Not even joking. Everyone around me is either neutral or cold and I think it's hot. I much prefer colder weather.

mavs>spurs
02-02-2012, 10:33 PM
the only good thing about that douchey place known as LA IS the weather brah. 70's is perfect, if you love cold weather you should move up north imho.

mavs>spurs
02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
tbh you could never join your brethren down in SA, you'd die

4>0rings
02-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Been upper 70's all week in LA. So hot for me. Prefer 60's or lower. Hate it.

Cause mexicans dont have A/C.

scampers
02-02-2012, 10:58 PM
It's been weird all winter in Michigan. We had a blizzard last week that dumped a foot of snow, but two days ago it was 60 degrees out. Crazy weird.

greyforest
02-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Cause mexicans dont have A/C.

maybe in LA, not in south texas son

dirk4mvp
02-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Its been 75 for the past week in nigga lynching land.

CosmicCowboy
02-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah, this false spring has been really strange. It even fooled some of my fruit trees (peaches, pears, figs) that are starting to bloom/bud...which sucks, because I can almost guarantee we are still going to have another killer freeze. If they are getting the same thing in the Hill Country I suspect it is gonna really whack the Fredericksburg peach crop this year.

baseline bum
02-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, this false spring has been really strange. It even fooled some of my fruit trees (peaches, pears, figs) that are starting to bloom/bud...which sucks, because I can almost guarantee we are still going to have another killer freeze. If they are getting the same thing in the Hill Country I suspect it is gonna really whack the Fredericksburg peach crop this year.

Have we even had a killer freeze yet? From now until the 13th the lowest forecast temperature for San Antonio is 43.

CosmicCowboy
02-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Have we even had a killer freeze yet? From now until the 13th the lowest forecast temperature for San Antonio is 43.

Oh yeah..had a wicked early one in November...got down in the mid 20's two days in a row...whacked to shit out of all my semi-tropical stuff..plantains, bouganvilla, esperanza, pride of barbados, firebush, etc.