PDA

View Full Version : I loved Pop's decision tonight

Caeman
02-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Seeing TD and Tiago playing together at the end of the game was refreshing. I can't remember the last time I saw those two together at the end of a game. I hope this is the beginning of something great. I just hope Pop isn't teasing us. :lol

TDomination
02-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I hope so too. Some plays on offense look iffy but its expected, they need more time together in order to get adjusted to each other.

On the defensive end, it was so nice to see both Splitter and Duncan guarding the paint. Duncan was able to get a big block because he had Splitter there.

Mugen
02-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Don't get used to it.

dallasmaverickslose
02-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Expect a DNP for Splitter next game with DeJuan playing 30+ min scoring a whopping 2 points.

:bang

yavozerb
02-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I hope so too. Some plays on offense look iffy but its expected, they need more time together in order to get adjusted to each other.

On the defensive end, it was so nice to see both Splitter and Duncan guarding the paint. Duncan was able to get a big block because he had Splitter there.

I do not mind TD and Splitter together but they need some 3 pt shooters on the floor at the 2 and 3 to be effective..

Proxy
02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Timmy looked excited to play with Tiago.

Proxy
02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
I do not mind TD and Splitter together but they need some 3 pt shooters on the floor at the 2 and 3 to be effective..

Manu

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
They will need to build some offense chemistry, but they have done a great job at shutting down the paint, in the minutes they've received together, this season..

It's only logical that Splitter gradually receives the bulk of the minutes up front, while Blair's PT diminishes..

Can't wait to see Parker/Gino/Splitter/Duncan, tbh..

Caeman
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Timmy looked excited to play with Tiago.

Yeah. I also noticed that after the miss opportunity under the basket, when Tiago delivered a pass to Duncan but they're couldn't quite connect, Tiago attempted to apologize to Duncan for making a bad pass. However, I saw Duncan taking responsiblity and praising Tiago for the right decision. I need to see more between those two.

angelbelow
02-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Seeing TD and Tiago playing together at the end of the game was refreshing. I can't remember the last time I saw those two together at the end of a game. I hope this is the beginning of something great. I just hope Pop isn't teasing us. :lol

Coincidentally the first time Tim and Tiago finished a game together was also against the Hornets in New Orleans. That was the game Timmay hit the off balanced game winner from the free throw line.

SpurNation
02-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Whoa Nellie. It's not small ball. But it might do.

maverick1948
02-02-2012, 11:26 PM
I think we are looking at more Duncan/Bonner, Splitter/Bonner and Duncan/Splitter in the future. I, also, think Blair will see about 15 mins in the 1st half and only foul trouble time in the 2nd half.

Even tho the 3 ball was not dropping, the Hornets did not double-team Duncan or Splitter. As the guards and Bonner learn to take their man away from the basket, Tim and Tiago will get easier and easier shots.

Bill_Brasky
02-03-2012, 12:26 AM
The defensive potential of Parker/Ginobili/Leonard/Splitter/TD has me licking my chops tbh.....but substituting Green for Leonard in that lineup makes sense too if you want a little bit more 3 pt shooting.

We staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

Sean Cagney
02-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Expect a DNP for Splitter next game with DeJuan playing 30+ min scoring a whopping 2 points.

THIS :rolleyes

Buddy Holly
02-03-2012, 12:53 AM
THIS :rolleyes

You can't be serious?

Tiago isn't going to get a DNP you jackass.

I'm calling you a jackass because it seems you believer the "Tiago/Spurs player has good game, will not play next game" meme/joke that is as old and as tired as the "______ shots badly at the free throw line. Yep, he's a Spur." joke,

Sobe_Kucks
02-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Having two defensive bigs makes me feel nostalgic (in a good way). The mantra was defense and forcing shooters into the paint at our two bigs. I was watching game 7 of the Detroit series the other day and had forgotten how stellar those defensive teams were. Detroit only had 57 going into the 4th. Oh how I miss those days... That is usually what teams have at half time against the modern Spurs. The Spurs were built for the post season half court game back then with their defense. Perhaps this is a step back in that direction. Alas there is hope!

TJastal
02-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Maybe that's why Gary Neal was moved to the starting lineup. Pop is prepping the way for Tiago?

One can only hope at least.

TJastal
02-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah. I also noticed that after the miss opportunity under the basket, when Tiago delivered a pass to Duncan but they're couldn't quite connect, Tiago attempted to apologize to Duncan for making a bad pass. However, I saw Duncan taking responsiblity and praising Tiago for the right decision. I need to see more between those two.

Makes me giddy just thinking about how good these two great passing big men could be working together on the court.

Then I suddenly remember Popovich is the coach.

dallasmaverickslose
02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
You can't be serious?

Tiago isn't going to get a DNP you jackass.

I'm calling you a jackass because it seems you believer the "Tiago/Spurs player has good game, will not play next game" meme/joke that is as old and as tired as the "______ shots badly at the free throw line. Yep, he's a Spur." joke,

:lmao

Like I said... Well, he did get PT, but not very much...