PDA

View Full Version : What media bias, Part XXXIXVIII

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Old media's disproportionate interest in Bush past (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/davidlimbaugh/printdl20040917.shtml
)

Excerpts:

“What does it say about the Old Media that they are wholly uninterested in gravely serious and highly relevant charges against John Kerry yet investigate to death relatively minor and largely irrelevant claims against President Bush?”

“They have uncovered every rock for years and could never find anything but disputed, ambiguous innuendo against President Bush about an issue that pales in comparison to the charges against John Kerry and for which there is much more credible proof.”

More:

“The allegations against John Kerry are infinitely more serious. We know -- despite the dissembling of the media on this issue as well -- that he, too, tried to avoid the war, only ‘volunteering’ when he was about to be drafted. But he also is said to have embellished and lied about his service to enhance his resume and to get an early out, perjured himself in Senate testimony, suborned similar perjury from others, and slandered his fellow soldiers, which served as fodder for the enemy to torture POWs. He hung out with murder-contemplating anarchists, negotiated with the North Vietnamese enemy and lobbied vigorously for a course of action that would lead to a bloodbath in Vietnam.”

More:

“And the claims against the two men are not only qualitatively different in substance, but there is also no comparison in the level of proof between the two cases.”

“In support of the charges against President Bush we have forged documents, the disputed hearsay testimony of a deceased superior, the marginally corroborative testimony of an 86-year-old secretary who admits young Bush was a nice guy even if a bit insubordinate, and a malcontent Democrat hack or two who served in the Guard with him.”

“Weighing against the charges we have proof that young Bush amassed more service points than were required of him, the family members of the deceased officer who contradict the secretary, the contradictory testimony of the daughter of one of the Democratic hacks and common sense. We are expected to believe Cmdr. Killian allowed young Bush to openly disobey orders and merely wrote a whining memo to himself for the file? That wouldn't have happened in the Guard I served in -- not in a million years.”

“In support of the charges against young John Kerry we have 250 Swift Boat veterans of all political stripes, many of them decorated, who have firsthand knowledge of what they describe. Far, far fewer of those who served with Kerry support him and/or his version of the events. And as for the more damning charges -- that he slandered the troops and nation under oath and confessed to his own crimes -- we have our own eyes and ears. Many of us have watched his Senate testimony and the Dick Cavett debate, and we know what he said.”

“Moreover, Kerry has never retracted, nor apologized for what he said. He has never explained why he shouldn't have been punished for his self-confessed war atrocities. He has never explained why he trashed his fellow soldiers and why he was integrally involved with a group contemplating assassination.”

“This is a sordid past. And, contrasted to President Bush, John Kerry has never changed his colors in the last 30 years. He has remained adamantly anti-defense and remains the arrogant elitist he always was.”

Finally:

“As to the respective charges against Bush and Kerry, it's undeniable that those against Kerry are far more serious, supported by much stronger evidence and much more relevant to the question of fitness for commander in chief.”

“Yet the Old Media ignores the claims against Kerry and investigates to death the ones against President Bush. The Old Media richly deserves its diminishing fate.”

Tommy Duncan
09-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Dude, stop spamming the forum with all these threads saying the same thing. Look, I like your passion but man, come on.

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Well, if the threads wouldn't be pushed off page one by stuff that could be consolidated into one thread...maybe I would.

Tommy Duncan
09-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Oh really? Well I even went to the trouble of bumping up whatever threads were bounced off the page when danny knocked up all those state threads overnight.

Of course, those state threads are meant to be permanent for now until the end of the election whereas all of your spastic thread sperming in this forum is not.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-17-2004, 01:51 PM
We all know the liberal media argument is old anyway.

Geezus, like the media wasn't all over the Monica Blowinsky issue!? "Did she swallow or not!?" became the big story.

Now poor Dubya doesn't like it? Cry me a river. :rolleyes

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 01:54 PM
"Geezus, like the media wasn't all over the Monica Blowinsky issue!? "Did she swallow or not!?" became the big story."
You're right...it should have been perjury, suborning perjury, and obstruction of justice.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-17-2004, 01:55 PM
:sleep

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 02:02 PM
You brought it up.

Joe Chalupa
09-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Actually I think Monica "brought it up". :p

SpursWoman
09-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Actually I think Monica "brought it up".

I was gonna say.... :lol :lol