PDA

View Full Version : Santorum To Gay Man: You Don’t Deserve ‘Privilege’ Of Marriage Because Gay Unions Don

JoeChalupa
02-04-2012, 10:01 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/02/03/418688/santorum-gay-marriage-privilege/

Rick Santorum told a gay man in Fulton, Missouri Friday afternoon that he didn’t deserve the “privilege” of marriage because his same-sex relationship does not “benefit” society in the same way that opposite-sex marriage does. Marriage, Santorum explained is an “intrinsic good” in which gay and lesbian people should not be allowed to partake in:

SANTORUM: You’re not entitled “to special treatment under the law…[Marriage is] not a right, it’s something that has existed since the beginning of human history as an institution where men and women come together for the purposes of forming a natural relationship as God made it to be. And for the purposes of having children and continuing that civilization. It is an intrinsic good…And as a result of that, we extend a privilege. We extend certain privileges to people who do that because we want to encourage that behavior. [...]

Two people who may like each other or may love each other who are same-sex, is that a special relationship? Yes it is, but it is not the same relationship that benefits society like a marriage between a man and a woman.

~~~I've been told I'm not a real Catholic because I don't speak out against gays and civil unions or gay marriage. I don't get this kind of rhetoric.

boutons_deux
02-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Of course, InSaneTorum takes the extreme hard-core hate position of the gay-shielding Catholic church and of the hate-filled "Christians".

Marriage is a man-made legal construct. Excluding same-sex marriage is man-made hate. Has nothing to do with an all-inclusive, all-loving God, Who is being conscripted by the haters into their hate strategy.

=========

"I've been told I'm not a real Catholic because I don't speak out against gays and civil unions or gay marriage."

100Ms of Catholic couples world-wide have been using contraceptives for as long as they've been available. They're all failed Catholics, too.

EVAY
02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/02/03/418688/santorum-gay-marriage-privilege/

Rick Santorum told a gay man in Fulton, Missouri Friday afternoon that he didn’t deserve the “privilege” of marriage because his same-sex relationship does not “benefit” society in the same way that opposite-sex marriage does. Marriage, Santorum explained is an “intrinsic good” in which gay and lesbian people should not be allowed to partake in:

SANTORUM: You’re not entitled “to special treatment under the law…[Marriage is] not a right, it’s something that has existed since the beginning of human history as an institution where men and women come together for the purposes of forming a natural relationship as God made it to be. And for the purposes of having children and continuing that civilization. It is an intrinsic good…And as a result of that, we extend a privilege. We extend certain privileges to people who do that because we want to encourage that behavior. [...]

Two people who may like each other or may love each other who are same-sex, is that a special relationship? Yes it is, but it is not the same relationship that benefits society like a marriage between a man and a woman.

~~~I've been told I'm not a real Catholic because I don't speak out against gays and civil unions or gay marriage. I don't get this kind of rhetoric.

Anyone who tells you that is a failed Christian.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 11:36 AM
um sorry senor but homophobia is a fundamental belief in Christianity. If you're a Christian you're a homophobePERIOD

Bill_Brasky
02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm telling you, this Santorum guy is definitely gonna end up getting caught at a rest stop bathroom with a penis in his mouth.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-04-2012, 01:12 PM

It's what Catholics do. They say shit like this and drive people out of the church in droves. Eventually, they will be left with no members and only dogmatic clergy, and then the RC church will collapse for lack of youngsters to molest.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
um sorry senor but homophobia is a fundamental belief in Christianity. If you're a Christian you're a homophobePERIOD

how very jew of you to say something like that. Santorum is correct though, marriage isnt a right, the rights afforded through marriages are rights.

FromWayDowntown
02-04-2012, 01:24 PM

That's a rather ridiculous overgeneralization.

I'm a Christian and I fully support same-sex marriage. My priest does as well.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm telling you, this Santorum guy is definitely gonna end up getting caught at a rest stop bathroom with a penis in his mouth.
Yup, there's no way someone can be this obsessed with gay people without having homosexual tendencies himself. Someone's gonna walk into a circle K bathroom and see him getting railed by a homeless man with Santorum debris running down his leg.

Spur_Fanatic
02-04-2012, 02:31 PM

It's true. I'm catholic, and I'm a homophobe.

As long as I don't bash gay people heads for some stupid hate, though, I guess it's ok.

Bill_Brasky
02-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Yup, there's no way someone can be this obsessed with gay people without having homosexual tendencies himself. Someone's gonna walk into a circle K bathroom and see him getting railed by a homeless man with Santorum debris running down his leg.

The man's aversion to human sexuality is definitely creepy to say the least, and very unnatural. People criticize Ron Paul for wanting to go back to the old ways in regards to our monetary system/government, yet this weird fuck wants us to turn the clock back to 1300 and burn gays at the stake and nobody seems to mind.

Spur_Fanatic
02-04-2012, 02:40 PM
The man's aversion to human sexuality is definitely creepy to say the least, and very unnatural. People criticize Ron Paul for wanting to go back to the old ways in regards to our monetary system/government, yet this weird fuck wants us to turn the clock back to 1300 and burn gays at the stake and nobody seems to mind.

For the record, I don't like Santorum.

But, clearly, we all have different ideas on what constitutes "human sexuality".

Agloco
02-04-2012, 03:24 PM

Troll meter: 2.5/10 :td

EVAY
02-04-2012, 03:52 PM

What part of 'Judge not lest ye be judged' is foreign to you?

If you hate someone (and definitionally, a homophobe is a hater) you are failing at a basic Christian tenet.

Try again, monsieur.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I can find really scientific stuff on google to put in my sig so I feel smart!

EVAY
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
^^^Even if you consider being against the act of same-sex intercourse as opposed to the person, how in the world do you condone a Christian judging anyone else's way of practicing his/her religion.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 04:01 PM
What part of 'Judge not lest ye be judged' is foreign to you?

I'm not Christian so my beliefs are irrelevant, I'm allowed to be OK with homosexuals being married.

Regarding your beliefs about judging people, Rick Santorum and others have made it clear that 'Judge not lest ye be judged" is a foreign concept to Christians/Catholics.

EVAY
02-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm not Christian so my beliefs are irrelevant, I'm allowed to be OK with homosexuals being married.

Regarding your beliefs about judging people, Rick Santorum and others have made it clear that 'Judge not lest ye be judged" is a foreign concept to Christians/Catholics.

No they haven't. They may have made it clear that it is a foreign concept to Evangelicals (some of whom are Catholic, as is Saintorum), but it is definitely not a foreign concept to the basic teachings of the Christian and specifically Catholic teachings.

Some Muslims pervert the message of Islam. Some Catholics and Christians pervert the message of Christianity.

But back to my original point....anyone who tells a Catholic that he is failing his religion because he doesn't hate homosexuals is him/herself failing Christianity and Catholicism...and that includes Santorum and Perry and Gingrich and the rest.

z0sa
02-04-2012, 04:15 PM
That's a rather ridiculous overgeneralization.

I'm a Christian and I fully support same-sex marriage. My priest does as well.

you must not be familiar with the incredulous overgeneralizing dok and his ilk do on a non stop basis.

Spur_Fanatic
02-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Err... you don't want to go by the book. It's not very accepting of the gay people.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
No they haven't. They may have made it clear that it is a foreign concept to Evangelicals (some of whom are Catholic, as is Saintorum), but it is definitely not a foreign concept to the basic teachings of the Christian and specifically Catholic teachings.

Some Muslims pervert the message of Islam. Some Catholics and Christians pervert the message of Christianity.

But back to my original point....anyone who tells a Catholic that he is failing his religion because he doesn't hate homosexuals is him/herself failing Christianity and Catholicism...and that includes Santorum and Perry and Gingrich and the rest.

You and anyone else who doesn't treat gays as sub-humans who don't deserve civil rights are a disgrace to Christianity. If I were a Christian you'd disgust me.

Spur_Fanatic
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
One point that people don't get, though. People (like me) are homophobes not because someone tells us "Hate it, because I say so". Maybe we truly were educated that way, I dunno. So maybe there is some truth there. But you can't expect people to stop being homophobic about the idea of a penis on an ass, and say "it's natural", and complain we don't accept it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Err... you don't want to go by the book. It's not very accepting of the gay people.

The bible advocated homophobia and slavery. True Christians go by the bible, so true Christians support homophobia and slavery.

Spur_Fanatic
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
The bible advocated homophobia and slavery. True Christians go by the bible, so true Christians support homophobia and slavery.

Yes. I'm catholic and I'm homophobic. So?

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
One point that people don't get, though. People (like me) are homophobes not because someone tells us "Hate it, because I say so". Maybe we truly were educated that way, I dunno. So maybe there is some truth there. But you can't expect people to stop being homophobic about the idea of a penis on an ass, and say "it's natural", and complain we don't accept it.
See, this right here is a true Christian who is homophobic and discriminates against anything he's told to.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Yes. I'm catholic and I'm homophobic. So?
I'm commending you for your dedication to true Christianity and following the homophobic teachings of Jesus.

Spur_Fanatic
02-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Thank you!

Bill_Brasky
02-04-2012, 04:37 PM

If these people(gay haters) are truly in the minority then why don't gays have the same rights as the rest of us?

TMTTRIO
02-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm a Christian. I'm tired of hearing people say we hate them. I don't hate gay people (in fact I have some friends who are gay) but at the same time I don't approve of the act and can only use the opportunity to teach them that in 1 Cor. 6:9 it outright says that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. At the same time I'm not going to judge them that's up to God to judge when the time has come for judgement day. Besides who am I to judge? I have my own faults and weaknesses too.

Wild Cobra
02-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm a Christian. I'm tired of hearing people say we hate them. I don't hate gay people (in fact I have some friends who are gay) but at the same time I don't approve of the act and can only use the opportunity to teach them that in 1 Cor. 6:9 it outright says that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. At the same time I'm not going to judge them that's up to God to judge when the time has come for judgement day. Besides who am I to judge? I have my own faults and weaknesses too.
You forget. Liberals preach tolerance, and are intolerant of anyone who doesn't conform to their definition and agenda of tolerance.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM
This is a true Christian fake Christians should model themselves after. Basically saying, "I don't hate gay people, I just think they're going to hell!" is a great way to spread the gospel :tu

Spur_Fanatic
02-04-2012, 06:46 PM
This is a true Christian fake Christians should model themselves after. Basically saying, "I don't hate gay people, I just think they're going to hell!" is a great way to spread the gospel :tu

If you want, we can pretend we like them and fully support the idea of gay marriage.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM
If you want, we can pretend we like them and fully support the idea of gay marriage.
:lol that's what the poster I'm quoting basically did which is why I'm congratulating him for his true Christianity. He said, "I don't hate gay people, I have gay friends (just like how Hitler said he had Jewish friends)" then went on to imply he thinks all gay people are going to hell.

baseline bum
02-04-2012, 07:00 PM

Wait, so it's only god who really hates the gays?

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes. Jesus too. Christians are just trying to save them from hell, it's very compassionate IMO.

Wild Cobra
02-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Wait, so it's only god who really hates the gays?
I think if that was the case, Christians wouldn't try to "save" them.

baseline bum
02-04-2012, 07:04 PM
God sounds like another Ted Haggard tbh. Hellfire and brimstone to conceal the fact that He is a closet cocksucker?

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm commending you for your dedication to true Christianity and following the homophobic teachings of Jesus.

good example is the priests in the catholic church molesting young boys...if that aint homophobic, then what is?

easy how then get in ur face with gay ppl, but turn a blind eye of the actions of the church.....umm hypocrites

JoeChalupa
02-04-2012, 11:36 PM

It also says that whomever believes and accepts Christ and asks for forgiveness will be welcomed in the Kingdom of God.

mercos
02-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Take the government out of the marriage business. Give any couple the tax benefits that were gifted to married people. Let churches decide who they want to let get married. Problem solved.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Take the government out of the marriage business. Give any couple the tax benefits that were gifted to married people. Let churches decide who they want to let get married. Problem solved.

180 degrees off. Take the church out of the marriage business, like France. EVERYONE has a civil ceremony, which legally binds them. Then, if they chose, they can do the church thing, which is a religious sacrament, but not a legal marriage, since they've already done that with the civil ceremony.

mercos
02-05-2012, 02:02 AM
I think we are essentially saying the same thing, my wording was a bit lacking in precision.

Jacob1983
02-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Have you ever met a person that had a fear of homosexuals? Like have you ever known someone that was literally afraid of gay people?

Bill_Brasky
02-05-2012, 01:13 PM

True Christian right here :tu

Way to have an open mind bro.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2012, 01:14 PM
My favorite line is always, "some of my friends are gay, so I obviously don't hate gay people!"

boutons_deux
02-05-2012, 01:44 PM
"teach them that in 1 Cor. 6:9 it outright says that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God"

that's an outright Biblical bullshit story, right there. thanks

AFBlue
02-05-2012, 07:26 PM
True Christian right here :tu

Way to have an open mind bro.

FWIW Santorum basically holds the same view...does not "hate" anyone.

GoodOdor
02-06-2012, 12:46 AM
tbh the op is a "catholic" who used to brag about sleeping with chicks while using condoms, he is just a dumb "christian" who follows only the parts of the bible he likes.

TheProfessor
02-06-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm a Christian. I'm tired of hearing people say we hate them. I don't hate gay people (in fact I have some friends who are gay) but at the same time I don't approve of the act and can only use the opportunity to teach them that in 1 Cor. 6:9 it outright says that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. At the same time I'm not going to judge them that's up to God to judge when the time has come for judgement day. Besides who am I to judge? I have my own faults and weaknesses too,
:lol I'm sure your gay friends love when you pull out Corinthians for them. Do you teach all your friends who are women that they must wear a veil when they pray or shave their head?