PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Snubbed Again: Clippers to sign Kenyon Martin

armynick23
02-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Report coming out about Kenyon Martin to sign with clippers
for one year at 2.5 million

Here is the link: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/03/SPGA1N2RFC.DTL

jeebus
02-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Brand new info.

Robz4000
02-04-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.gamer.ru/system/attached_images/images/000/376/604/original/SlowpokeBreakingNews.gif?1307104412

mudyez
02-04-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm happy, that this prank will not wear our black and silver!

widowmaker
02-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Spurs didn't get snubbed. He wasn't coming here in the first place. With that being said. What are the possibilities of making a move on deandre jordan?

spursnatic
02-04-2012, 01:47 PM
That's okay with me...We will be just fine when Manu comes back....I wouldn't mind having JR Smith though?....What is gonna hapen with him when the Chinese League is over?....

mudyez
02-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Aren't we over the cap and can only hand out minimum salaries?

And why would we want JR? We have Kawhi, Green, RJ, Manu, Neal, Anderson...I'd take Manu and Kawhi over JR anyway and I dont think he helps more than RJ, as RJ at least knows the system.

Proxy
02-04-2012, 02:04 PM
What is it that the Spurs FO see in JR that makes them want him every year he's available? I understand that he's athletic....

If his signing this year for more than this season allows SA to amnesty RJ next year, sign Duncan to a reasonable contract and have the money to chase a big name, then I can see it making sense... but I digress since I have an elementary tier of knowledge when it comes to the business side of the league.

Sucks Kenyon never seriously considered coming here. He would start next to Timmy... Splitter as the main backup with Bonner and Blair being used accordingly to their "strengths" to the team's need at the time... 3 pt shooting or playing small... fucking Clippers.

Giuseppe
02-04-2012, 02:21 PM
The free agents are weighing just how much pain the Spurs are owed.

silverblk mystix
02-04-2012, 06:46 PM
You guys are crazy...

JR Smith is probably the ONLY really good player the Spurs have coveted in years...

Every one else they go for are mediocre-at best.
Spurs will never get him but if they did....he would be the most talented Spur on the entire roster.

Wake up.

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2012, 08:11 PM
You guys are crazy...

JR Smith is probably the ONLY really good player the Spurs have coveted in years...

Spurs will never get him but if they did....he would be the most talented Spur on the entire roster.

Wake up.

anyone can look talented when they are a ballhog and the ball drops into the hoop

it be the other way around if the ball doesnt fall into the hoop...

Kindergarten Cop
02-04-2012, 09:47 PM
You guys are crazy...

Wake up.

Good morning, Rip. Bacon and eggs? It's 2012 now, by the way.

I am sorry, but I've got to agree with silverblk mystix on this one. I think that Smith actually would be the most talented player on the roster. But .... there is a HUGE distinction between being the "best player" and being the "most talented". He is still only 26 years old and just dropped 60 in a game a few days ago (albeit in the Chinese league). With all that being said, I'm not sure if I'd want him on the Spurs with the way our roster is currently constructed.

Nathan Explosion
02-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I am sorry, but I've got to agree with silverblk mystix on this one. I think that Smith actually would be the most talented player on the roster. But .... there is a HUGE distinction between being the "best player" and being the "most talented". He is still only 26 years old and just dropped 60 in a game a few days ago (albeit in the Chinese league). With all that being said, I'm not sure if I'd want him on the Spurs with the way our roster is currently constructed.

JR Smith is an irrational confidence guy (as Bill Simmons calls it). When he's on, he's nailing shots he has no business taking. He doesn't care who's guarding him, or who he's dueling with. There's something to having a player like that, a player that can't hit the broad side of a barn, and yet in the closing seconds, nails a huge shot.

However, the problem with those guys is that they can shoot teams out of games as well.

JR Smith has talent. Anyone who denies this is just blind or a hater. However, I'm not sure how good of a fit he is with the Spurs, especially with logjam the Spurs have at the 2/3 position.

tuncaboylu
02-05-2012, 03:00 AM
I was not hopeful about Kenyon at all.

Moreover he couldn't do much more than what Gooden did at past. Because Spurs system is not easy to adapt for a PF.

Anyway we should look another target.

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2012, 03:14 AM
they got a good roster, but they cant win games...

Proxy
02-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Because Spurs system is not easy to adapt for a PF.

What exactly do you mean by this statement?

tuncaboylu
02-05-2012, 04:34 AM
What exactly do you mean by this statement?

I mean that a PF who is playing in Spurs system should have high basketball IQ and sometimes he should play like point forward.(Which Duncan does since 15 years). Splitter still trying to adapt and understand Spurs system for 1 and half years. A PF which we are going to add will need time to be benefical to team and it's not easy.

K-Mart is a nice guy on defence, but don't have a very high bb IQ and fundamental to adapt Spurs system in 2 months. Moreover we don't know his physical shape and condition at the moment, he didn't play high level bb for 8 months. That's why adding him would be nice to see but I was doubtful that it would help to the team.

Big P
02-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Snubbed? He was never going to play here.....you make it sound like he had visited the team and talked to the coaches.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
JR Smith is an irrational confidence guy (as Bill Simmons calls it). When he's on, he's nailing shots he has no business taking. He doesn't care who's guarding him, or who he's dueling with. There's something to having a player like that, a player that can't hit the broad side of a barn, and yet in the closing seconds, nails a huge shot.

However, the problem with those guys is that they can shoot teams out of games as well.

JR Smith has talent. Anyone who denies this is just blind or a hater. However, I'm not sure how good of a fit he is with the Spurs, especially with logjam the Spurs have at the 2/3 position.

I don't think anyone who doesn't want Smith here has said anything OTHER than he has loads of talent. He's just mentally twelve years old. When his springs go, he'll be out of the league in about 4 seconds. Guys like him have no value without their athleticism. Such a waste, too. He could have been the "next thing" in the Connie Hawkins/DrJ/MJ/Kobe chain. He was just too self centered and lazy to reach for daily excellence, and only showed flashes, surrounded by months of pouting at practice, and generally being an ass.

Mark in Austin
02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Spurs dodged a bullet. The last thing this team needs is another playoff choker.

Proxy
02-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I mean that a PF who is playing in Spurs system should have high basketball IQ and sometimes he should play like point forward.(Which Duncan does since 15 years). Splitter still trying to adapt and understand Spurs system for 1 and half years. A PF which we are going to add will need time to be benefical to team and it's not easy.

K-Mart is a nice guy on defence, but don't have a very high bb IQ and fundamental to adapt Spurs system in 2 months. Moreover we don't know his physical shape and condition at the moment, he didn't play high level bb for 8 months. That's why adding him would be nice to see but I was doubtful that it would help to the team.

I dunno... I think a high bb IQ is needed at every position, but mostly on defense for the Spurs system... or on offense for the guards, e.g. Fin, Bones, Hedo, RJ, etc... tbh, I would say it's more about adjusting than anything the more I think about it.

I'll take it further and make the claim that high bb IQ is needed for all teams with the exception of incredibly athletic players, like Howard and Amare. I don't think it's necessary to exhibit qualities of a point at the PF. I think that's just something that makes Duncan great and proves to be an extra perk.

Splitter mostly plays center anyways, and his improvement this year isn't due to learning the offensive system, imo.