PDA

View Full Version : Cathedral of Tony Parker is now filling the pews

Rummpd
02-04-2012, 10:48 PM
A night like tonight 42 points with 4 minutes left is worth more than a regular church.

spurs1990
02-04-2012, 10:53 PM
And how -- i mean I can't recall the last season a Spurs player topped 40 points.

ducks
02-04-2012, 10:53 PM
no turnovers tonight

4>0rings
02-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I admit, I lit a few prayer candles in the church tonight.

MannyIsGod
Obviously he's lost a step.

Leetonidas
:worthy:

cheguevara
02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.crcglobal.org/images/Services/photo_services.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/05/09/world/600-pope-01.jpg

Robz4000
02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Welcome guys! Been here for awhile tbh.

spursfan09
02-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Good job tOny!

jag
02-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Obviously he's lost a step.

I have to agree with you. All signs point to him having lost a step (or two).

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
What an amazing and impressive win for Spurs! 3-0 on this homestand was really great to take to the Rodeo Road Trip.

easy7
02-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Amen..Testify!!!

++SaiNt TiAg0++
I admit, I lit a few prayer candles in the church tonight.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
his lucky westbrick plays no defense

ducks
02-04-2012, 11:04 PM
bandwagners fans can get off

Kindergarten Cop
He helped Joshua fight the battle of Jericho, he helped Daniel get out the lion's den, he helped Gilligan get off the island.

Stringer_Bell
I like Tony best when he's trying to prove a point. He seemed angry tonight, and lit 'em up as a result.

ducks
his lucky westbrick plays no defense

westbrook said something to him early in the game
lol westbrook

ducks
02-04-2012, 11:05 PM
I like Tony best when he's trying to prove a point. He seemed angry tonight, and lit 'em up as a result.

westbrook and tp got into it early
tp destroyed his ass

sehui
Seriously, bout half of you guys, myself included, rip on Tony any chance we get.

jag

He was showing that frog-lookin, faggot Westbrook how overrated he is.

jag
02-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Seriously, bout half of you guys, myself included, rip on Tony any chance we get.

That's because you and a lot of other Spurs fans have no idea how good you have it with Parker.

Ice009
02-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey, I get on Tony because I know he can have performances like tonight. I know he can be great and sometimes I feel that Tony doesn't bring it like he should. Maybe I've been unfair on him at times and he was actually hurt when I thought it was just a lack of effort, but I truly think TP can be a super player if he can lock in all the time.

AWESOME performance from TP tonight.

Caeman
02-04-2012, 11:10 PM
To be fair. This should be expected. I know Westbrook is a good player. But Parker is still better. It doesn't have to be articulated when you consider the history. Parker is better.

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2012, 11:11 PM
That's because you and a lot of other Spurs fans have no idea how good you have it with Parker.

beating a ballhog scrub is nothing to boast about....clearly westbrick thinks the thunder is his team, but they play shit every time he gets his while durant is force to hold his shoe..

Spursfan092120
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
bandwagners fans

?

Cant_Be_Faded
02-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Parker threw out an all time great career game tonight. It was amazing and most of us should never forget it.

Russo21
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
To go with 9 asissts which is just as important. Shooting a high percantage while sharing the wealth. Career high in asissts the other week. Taking what the defense gives you is what a PG should do. Tonight it was score, the other night was to dish. Nobody other then Tony, Bonner and Leonard shot over 50%. Keep reading the defense and keep up the good work Tony.

jag
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Parker threw out an all time great career game tonight. It was amazing and most of us should never forget it.

MannyIsGod
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM
I have to agree with you. All signs point to him having lost a step (or two).

If you look at the advance metrics they all point to losing a step.

Russo21
02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
We know what tony is capable of. I'm more happy with the return of Leonard. He's had a few shitters lately but tonight 15pts 6reb 5ast 1block 1 steal 5-7FG 3-3 3PTFG 0 T/O. Helped hold durant to 22 points. Fucken great game by the rook. Just as impressive as Parker considering he was working against durant.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Zero turnovers says it all.

smrattler
02-04-2012, 11:27 PM
westbrook and tp got into it early
tp destroyed his ass

That incident fired me up too, and Tony had me bouncing in my living room the rest of the night. Way to stand up to the youngster. People take TP for granted, he's mofo capable.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Manny are you being sarcastic?

Kindergarten Cop
02-04-2012, 11:30 PM
zero turnovers says it all.

+1

MannyIsGod
02-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Do I really need to use blue?

therealtruth
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
To be fair. This should be expected. I know Westbrook is a good player. But Parker is still better. It doesn't have to be articulated when you consider the history. Parker is better.

The problem with Westbrook is his basketball iq. He may be one of the most athletic point guards and able to get to rim at will but he lacks in the bbiq.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Man I been drankin that wild turkey

too dumb to interpret anything other than what's spoonfed

Blackjack
02-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Tony's a Spur. And if he's a Spur, he's my guy - I love nights like tonight.

Would he be a fave of mine if he played w/ another team? Nope. But I respect his game and attitude, he just doesn't have the skillset I'd want most at the point guard.

But at the end of the day, he's a Spur. He's my guy. Respect the game, know what you have and are witnessin, and STFU.

He's a Spur.

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2012, 11:38 PM
The problem with Westbrook is his basketball iq. He may be one of the most athletic point guards and able to get to rim at will but he lacks in the bbiq.

i dunno whats so special about him?...he seems like just another volume scorer pg out there chasing their own stats then trying to get the win, when he has a stacked team that he can utilized to help win games....durant should stop with the humble card and start making some demands

daslicer
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
A great game tonight by Tony. I'm sure Tony got up for this game especially going up against Westbrook.

Kool Bob Love
02-05-2012, 12:06 AM

Would he be a fave of mine if he played w/ another team? Nope. But I respect his game and attitude, he just doesn't have the skillset I'd want most at the point guard.

But at the end of the day, he's a Spur. He's my guy. Respect the game, know what you have and are witnessin, and STFU.

He's a Spur.

http://i54.tinypic.com/qnl3j9.gif

Hell I know Bonner isn't love by ST but players that won chips with the Spurs have a special place in my heart.

Parker.:toast:toast:toast

bresilhac
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
What a masterpiece put up by Tony tonight. It was shades of that incredible 55pt night he had up in Minnesota a few years ago. Watching that over emotional crybaby Westbrook chase Tony around trying to do something to stop him was hilarious. I only wish that it had been the Lakers that he dropped this bomb on tonight. But this win was just as sweet.

Spurminator
02-05-2012, 12:14 AM

He's a Spur.

That's a pretty backhanded complement, tbh. I don't know how any basketball fan could not love Tony Parker's game. Is it the cockiness? The Hollywood wife (eor exwife?) The Frenchiness? Why does Parker have such a hard time getting universal respect from Spurs fans?

Spurminator
02-05-2012, 12:16 AM
I mean it's like you're begrudgingly a Parker fan. What's up with that?

Cant_Be_Faded
02-05-2012, 12:26 AM
ESPN reports that he is only the FIFTH player to break 40 points this season!!!

Kick-Ass!!!!

mercos
02-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Amazing game from Tony tonight. He really made a statement to the entire league by doing that against Westbrook and the best team in the league. When his jumper is on like it was tonight he is one of the most unstoppable players in the league. It was really fun to watch.

jjktkk
02-05-2012, 12:28 AM

He's a Spur.

Way to bring it Black. :tu

cheguevara
02-05-2012, 02:02 AM
http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2009/10_holiday/holiday_04.jpg

http://images.aaronencinares.multiply.com/image/RKhvcBlLDdVMj4QvF221lQ/photos/1M/orig/461/edsanunss.jpg?et=LtyqsgRU7SWjAzImGeUhBg&nmid=0

DPG21920
02-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Tim Duncan looks like the wheels are off though.

Brazil
02-05-2012, 02:08 AM
:tu

Bruno
02-05-2012, 06:43 AM
It's hard to imagine a more perfect evening for Tony:
- Spurs win.
- He played an awesome game.
- He broke Avery's passing record.
- He broke this record with an assist to Timmy.

TP is having a great year, he fully deserves to be an all star and he is, by far, the main reason why Spurs have a good record this year. Huge props to him. :tu

Spursfanfromafar
02-05-2012, 07:12 AM
- Spurs win.

TP is having a great year, he fully deserves to be an all star and he is, by far, the main reason why Spurs have a good record this year. Huge props to him. :tu

Indeed. He is doing all this without a backup and is playing long game after long game showing little fatigue. His decision-making is flawless (zero turnovers today) and his reading of the opposition's offense, passing lanes has also been very disruptive.

Safe to say, Parker is carrying the Spurs the way he did last season for long periods after the All Star Game.

BillMc
02-05-2012, 07:18 AM
bandwagners fans can get off

+ 1000

will_spurs
02-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Obviously Parker is having an issue with potentially no Spur player at the ASG. Timing and opponent were perfect for this little reminder :)

therealtruth
02-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Obviously Parker is having an issue with potentially no Spur player at the ASG. Timing and opponent were perfect for this little reminder :)

Someone should have reminded him of his ASG snub last year against the Grizzlies.

jag
02-05-2012, 11:18 AM
That's a pretty backhanded complement, tbh. I don't know how any basketball fan could not love Tony Parker's game. Is it the cockiness? The Hollywood wife (eor exwife?) The Frenchiness? Why does Parker have such a hard time getting universal respect from Spurs fans?

He's not Manu.

boutons_deux
02-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Tony's obvious emotional instability from game to game is echoed by the well-known equivalent in French pro tennis players, esp Yannick Noah et Henri Leconte, who were famously unbeatable when they got fired up, but fizzled most of the time in the face of less emotional "anglo-saxon" disciplined players. I guess it's a French thing.

Watching Tony's face in the first quarter for bemused detachment, disinterestedness, or focused intensity is a pretty good predictor of the game's outcome.

spurs10
02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Tony Parker's jersey will be proudly hanging from the rafters when he retires! It will be a well deserved honor, as will his HOF induction. Thanks Tony!!

timvp
02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
- Spurs win.
- He helped his chances of being named an All-Star by crominating the alleged second best point guard in the West.

Fixed :hat

timvp
02-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't know how any basketball fan could not love Tony Parker's game. Is it the cockiness? The Hollywood wife (eor exwife?) The Frenchiness? Why does Parker have such a hard time getting universal respect from Spurs fans?

I'm not sure what more anyone could want out of Parker right now. He supposedly wasn't a good enough playmaker, but that can't be argued any longer.

Ast+ Per 40 Minutes
1. Steve Nash - 14.0
2. Rajon Rondo - 11.8
3. Ricky Rubio - 11.8
4. Chris Paul - 11.3
5. Jose Calderon - 11.1
6. Deron Williams 11.0
7. Tony Parker - 10.6
8. Andre Miller - 10.5
9. Kyle Lowry - 10.0
10. Ramon Sessions - 9.6

And that ranking doesn't even do TP justice since he doesn't get the bundles of easy assists a player like Rondo gets simply by passing to Ray Allen or Paul Pierce after they run off a series of screens. Plus the PGs above him don't play in a motion offense that runs a lot of the plays through the bigs. When it comes to legitimately creating shots for teammates via pick-and-roll sets or penetration-and-kick, TP is easily top five this season.

If you look at the bigger picture, it's pretty darn impressive what TP is doing. With Ginobili out, the two best players next to TP are averaging 27 minutes and 21 minutes per game (Duncan and Splitter, respectively). You could make a good case that no one else on the team is an above average NBA player. Yet, the Spurs have been able to go 13-7 with Ginobili on the sidelines even though they have played the league's fourth hardest schedule to date.

Parker definitely has his faults, which mostly have to do with him not having the stamina to go 100% all game, every game. On top of that, his shot is ugly, he can't jump, he's not overly strong, he's not a good passer on fast breaks, his defensive intensity comes and goes, etc. But at the end of it all, Parker is a winner. No one would spend money to watch Parker play basketball, but if the goal is to win games, there aren't many point guards I'd want before Parker.

Spoiled Spurs fans can dream about the beauty of watching someone like Nash. Yeah, it'd be fun to see Nash zip one-handed passes and run perfect fast breaks ... but the Spurs wouldn't have more Ws in the win column. Nash, with a relatively similar supporting cast, has led the Suns to a 9-14 record despite playing the league's fifth easiest schedule.

Unfortunately, Parker is the type of player most fans won't miss until he's gone. Duncan has been the foundation of everything. Ginobili has been the heart, soul and creativity. But Parker has always been the piece of the puzzle that the opposition first has to figure out how to slow down or else his ability to break down a defense will beat you quicker than anything else ... Duncan and Ginobili included. It's fair to say that Duncan and Ginobili are better at basketball than Parker but when it comes to winning, Parker is right there alongside those two.

romain.star
02-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Tony's obvious emotional instability from game to game is echoed by the well-known equivalent in French pro tennis players, esp Yannick Noah et Henri Leconte, who were famously unbeatable when they got fired up, but fizzled most of the time in the face of less emotional "anglo-saxon" disciplined players. I guess it's a French thing.

Watching Tony's face in the first quarter for bemused detachment, disinterestedness, or focused intensity is a pretty good predictor of the game's outcome.

The French Rugby National Team says ''Hello''

will_spurs
02-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Tony's obvious emotional instability from game to game

I wouldn't say it's "emotional" in the same way as French tennis players folding in the 5th set, or (despite what Romain says) the French rugby laying an egg after an all-time performance.

After 10 seasons in the league it's quite obvious Tony is bored to death by the regular season, except a few special games like yesterday night where I guess he got a bit pissed off at pundits saying Westbrook was an automatic selection as All-Star reserve and one of the best PGs in the league (when even a classy guy like Durant is fed up by how dumb and selfish Westbrook is).

DAF86
02-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Spoiled Spurs fans can dream about the beauty of watching someone like Nash. Yeah, it'd be fun to see Nash zip one-handed passes and run perfect fast breaks ... but the Spurs wouldn't have more Ws in the win column. Nash, with a relatively similar supporting cast, has led the Suns to a 9-14 record despite playing the league's fifth easiest schedule.

That's unfair, Nash doesn't have a similar supporting cast nor the coach/system that Parker has. This is not the first time the Spurs do well when a member of the big three is injured. That's because of Pop, I hate him sometimes for some of his decisions but I know that his system and discipline is a big part of what makes this team so good, that's why I expected the Spurs to do well without Manu.

Would have Tony lead those D'antoni coached Suns to those 60 wins seasons?

I'm not hating on Tony, I have always thought that he was an underrated star because of playing under Duncan's shadow his whole career and I never understood the crazy criticism he gets here but you were beign unfair with Nash there.

ElNono
02-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Parker definitely has his faults, which mostly have to do with him not having the stamina to go 100% all game, every game. On top of that, his shot is ugly, he can't jump, he's not overly strong, he's not a good passer on fast breaks, his defensive intensity comes and goes, etc.

Can I quote this in other threads? :hat

timvp
02-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Would have Tony lead those D'antoni coached Suns to those 60 wins seasons?

Today's TP next to Amare Stoudemire in his prime, Shawn Marion in his prime, Quentin Richardson in his prime, a budding Joe Johnson and Barbosa off the bench would definitely do some damage. If not 60 wins, pretty darn close.

And even if Parker can't live up to MVP Steve Nash, that's not anything to be upset about. Nash is a first ballot Hall of Famer. I'm not even sure Parker is a Hall of Famer at all even adding in his international play, but he's pretty damn good.

Looking back on it, we know the 2005 Spurs who defeated Nash's dream team were championship caliber with Parker at PG. Would they have been a championship team with Nash at point guard? My first reaction is to say Yes ... but then I remember how that team relied defense and on Manu being able to take over games late. With that Nash, you don't get the defense and Manu becomes a spectator late in games. Thus, I'm not sure if the Spurs win a championship if you swap TP and Nash. You'd have to be convinced that Nash's greatness would overcome a drop in defense and removing most of Manu's magic from the equation.

DAF86
02-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Today's TP next to Amare Stoudemire in his prime, Shawn Marion in his prime, Quentin Richardson in his prime, a budding Joe Johnson and Barbosa off the bench would definitely do some damage. If not 60 wins, pretty darn close.

And even if Parker can't live up to MVP Steve Nash, that's not anything to be upset about. Nash is a first ballot Hall of Famer. I'm not even sure Parker is a Hall of Famer at all even adding in his international play, but he's pretty damn good.

Looking back on it, we know the 2005 Spurs who defeated Nash's dream team were championship caliber with Parker at PG. Would they have been a championship team with Nash at point guard? My first reaction is to say Yes ... but then I remember how that team relied defense and on Manu being able to take over games late. With that Nash, you don't get the defense and Manu becomes a spectator late in games. Thus, I'm not sure if the Spurs win a championship if you swap TP and Nash. You'd have to be convinced that Nash's greatness would overcome a drop in defense and removing most of Manu's magic from the equation.

Nash wouldn't have dominated the ball as much as he did in Phoenix under Pop. Either way, if Manu wouldn't have gotten the ball at the end of games is because Nash would have done a good job at it, so no matter what you're good.

I don't know about you but I would feel very comfortable having the MVP of that season and arguably the greatest shooter of all-time.

Proxy
02-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Timvp, what do you think happened to him against Memphis? If he played ala FMVP 07, then does SA get to play OKC in the hypothetical situation? Was it just ST wanting too much, or did he come up short?... because that was the only thing that's left a bad taste in my mouth from Tony... last night's game cleaned my palette though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-05-2012, 07:01 PM
After a slow start to the season when TP looked tired and out of sorts, he got his legs about 20 games ago and has been mostly excellent since. Right now he's in 2007 form, and it's superb to watch. Props. :toast

therealtruth
02-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure what more anyone could want out of Parker right now. He supposedly wasn't a good enough playmaker, but that can't be argued any longer.

Ast+ Per 40 Minutes
1. Steve Nash - 14.0
2. Rajon Rondo - 11.8
3. Ricky Rubio - 11.8
4. Chris Paul - 11.3
5. Jose Calderon - 11.1
6. Deron Williams 11.0
7. Tony Parker - 10.6
8. Andre Miller - 10.5
9. Kyle Lowry - 10.0
10. Ramon Sessions - 9.6

And that ranking doesn't even do TP justice since he doesn't get the bundles of easy assists a player like Rondo gets simply by passing to Ray Allen or Paul Pierce after they run off a series of screens. Plus the PGs above him don't play in a motion offense that runs a lot of the plays through the bigs. When it comes to legitimately creating shots for teammates via pick-and-roll sets or penetration-and-kick, TP is easily top five this season.

If you look at the bigger picture, it's pretty darn impressive what TP is doing. With Ginobili out, the two best players next to TP are averaging 27 minutes and 21 minutes per game (Duncan and Splitter, respectively). You could make a good case that no one else on the team is an above average NBA player. Yet, the Spurs have been able to go 13-7 with Ginobili on the sidelines even though they have played the league's fourth hardest schedule to date.

Parker definitely has his faults, which mostly have to do with him not having the stamina to go 100% all game, every game. On top of that, his shot is ugly, he can't jump, he's not overly strong, he's not a good passer on fast breaks, his defensive intensity comes and goes, etc. But at the end of it all, Parker is a winner. No one would spend money to watch Parker play basketball, but if the goal is to win games, there aren't many point guards I'd want before Parker.

Unfortunately, Parker is the type of player most fans won't miss until he's gone. Duncan has been the foundation of everything. Ginobili has been the heart, soul and creativity. But Parker has always been the piece of the puzzle that the opposition first has to figure out how to slow down or else his ability to break down a defense will beat you quicker than anything else ... Duncan and Ginobili included. It's fair to say that Duncan and Ginobili are better at basketball than Parker but when it comes to winning, Parker is right there alongside those two.

He's also been a weak link as the Grizzlies reminded us last year. Also in 2003 Finals, 2004 second round.

therealtruth
02-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Nash wouldn't have dominated the ball as much as he did in Phoenix under Pop. Either way, if Manu wouldn't have gotten the ball at the end of games is because Nash would have done a good job at it, so no matter what you're good.

I don't know about you but I would feel very comfortable having the MVP of that season and arguably the greatest shooter of all-time.

The Spurs haven't really had a pg that can consistently hit 3's. With Nash when teams were doubling Duncan Nash would have been hitting that shot.

will_spurs
02-05-2012, 08:32 PM
He's also been a weak link as the Grizzlies reminded us last year. Also in 2003 Finals, 2004 second round.

Because a 20y old sophomore from France starting at PG was the "weak link" in the 2003 Finals the Spurs won and where he averaged 14, 4.2 and 3.5 playing opposite the best PG at the time. Yeah right... :rolleyes

EVAY
02-05-2012, 09:15 PM

Nash has always been a defensive liability.

I think that Parker has always been under-appreciated in San Antonio. Some of that is because he is a natural scorer in an offense has been dominated by a PF/C offensive preference. He took a beating from Pop in the early days that would have destroyed a lot of men (and did destroy some of them who couldn't take it).

Pop's focus on Duncan as the centerpiece of the offense every year he has been here has meant that any number of players might have looked better for their own stats in another offense. Parker is one of them. The team was built to support Duncan's game. Manu is allowed (encouraged even) to create plays for himself. Parker does not have that option normally. He has to run Pop's offense...whatever it is that night. And we all know how Pop's offense suffers when anyone OTHER than Parker is running the offense.

Parker's apg would be much higher is he hadn't been in an offense that ran through the PF. Parker's ppg would be much higher if he had been in an offense that allowed him the leeway to do it.

Parker looks bored during some of the games when he has virtually nothing to do but 'geev thee boll to teemy'. Lots of people over the years have said that the spurs' played a boring game. Why should anyone be surprised that the point guard for that offense noticed?

Parker has taken no end of shit from Pop over the years. He has done EXACTLY what Pop has asked him...that includes denying his own preference for his own game.

Pop TOLD him to shoot at least 25 times against OK. If it hadn't been public knowledge that Pop told him that or that Pop screamed at him at the first time out because he wasn't shooting enough, how many people would have been screaming that Parker was 'selfish' and a 'ball hog'?

Why does anyone here imagine that anything happens that Pop doesn't want to happen?

Parker has NEVER complained about not being the focus of the offense. He has never complained about being used in a way that maximizes other people's stats over his own.

He has, to me, always shown himself to be the consummate TEAM player.

I would like to see once when TP could get a compliment from some of you guys without that compliment being accompanied by a list of complaints about him at the same time.

Just once.

jag
02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Can I quote this in other threads? :hat

Yeah, just make sure you quote the rest of it. :toast

ElNono
02-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah, just make sure you quote the rest of it. :toast

jag
02-05-2012, 10:42 PM

:lol I'm watching you

Brazil
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Nash has always been a defensive liability.

TP can be one too especially during RS but in PO I have always seen doing a lot effort and being more than decent.

I think that Parker has always been under-appreciated in San Antonio. Some of that is because he is a natural scorer in an offense has been dominated by a PF/C offensive preference. He took a beating from Pop in the early days that would have destroyed a lot of men (and did destroy some of them who couldn't take it).

no doubt

Pop's focus on Duncan as the centerpiece of the offense every year he has been here has meant that any number of players might have looked better for their own stats in another offense. Parker is one of them. The team was built to support Duncan's game. Manu is allowed (encouraged even) to create plays for himself. Parker does not have that option normally. He has to run Pop's offense...whatever it is that night. And we all know how Pop's offense suffers when anyone OTHER than Parker is running the offense.

Parker's apg would be much higher is he hadn't been in an offense that ran through the PF. Parker's ppg would be much higher if he had been in an offense that allowed him the leeway to do it.

I agree for the apg part not for the offense. Pop always encouraged TP to be aggressive on the Offense tbh. Pop never has any issue with TP taking a lot of FGA and looking for his O.

Parker looks bored during some of the games when he has virtually nothing to do but 'geev thee boll to teemy'. Lots of people over the years have said that the spurs' played a boring game. Why should anyone be surprised that the point guard for that offense noticed?

All the players look bored sometimes which is quite normal on a 82 games RS a year. One of the exception being Manu, thats maybe why I like so much Manu.

Parker has taken no end of shit from Pop over the years. He has done EXACTLY what Pop has asked him...that includes denying his own preference for his own game.

I'm always surprised by TP patience on Pop BS sometimes... He has been playing for 10 years for the spurs, he has been AS, finals mvp... and Pop continues to treat him like a rookie.. unbeavable

Parker has NEVER complained about not being the focus of the offense. He has never complained about being used in a way that maximizes other people's stats over his own.

He has, to me, always shown himself to be the consummate TEAM player.

see also having no issue to differ to Manu in the fourths when he has proven over and over that he is a clutch motherfucker same with playing off the bench

I would like to see once when TP could get a compliment from some of you guys without that compliment being accompanied by a list of complaints about him at the same time.

Just once.

+1 some fans here give him props only when they have no other choice and most of the time compliments are backhanded.

Brazil
02-05-2012, 10:55 PM

Manu is back soon nono your nightmare is almost over... in no time Manu will have again some spectacular games and I will one of the first to bump the dikta threads :toast

Spurminator
02-05-2012, 11:04 PM
It's good that we've had a scoring PG on this team for the last ten years, considering that we've rarely had more than three starters who would be considered good scorers in that span. I don't understand why people long for a "playmaking" PG to go along with two non-scoring threats in the starting lineup. The PG's job is to put it in the hands of the best scoring option. Many times, that option has been the PG himself, Tony Parker.

Nash in his prime was surrounded by three or four other great offensive players. Parker has usually had Duncan, Manu, a defensive minded wing (or RJ) and a statue in the middle. I'm pretty damn glad we've had a PG that's more of an Isiah Thomas than a Bob Cousy.

Bruno
02-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Bump.

Parker has been awesome this year. :toast

BOHOLANO#21
02-16-2012, 09:27 AM
amen...

bus driver
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
wasnt planning on joining but i have to believe in him now, he is playing lights out :worthy:

Bruno
02-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Thank you, Tony. :toast

Mugen
02-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Tony has been the best point guard in the league so far this year.

DPG21920
02-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Ric Bucher says he knows CP3 is in the MVP race, but he shouldn't be ahead of TP.

Brazil
02-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Another great game for TP... he definitely deserves his ASG selection... no question.

He and Tim (are u kidding me 17 rebounds !!) are the biggest reasons of the 10 win streaks !

dylankerouac
02-18-2012, 09:18 PM
17 rebounds in 41 minutes!

He's still a beast!!!!!!

Pauleta14
02-18-2012, 09:32 PM
17 rebounds in 41 minutes!

He's still a beast!!!!!!

no surprise there, if he plays more, he rebounds more.

I'm more concern about his offensive game, he should focus on his mid range game, he would be a killer, instead of insisting on his post game moves.

and :toast for Tony, he's showing he can be the franchise player.

Cane
02-18-2012, 09:41 PM
MMmm...crow tastes so good if not a little bitter too. Parker has been playing like an all star stud and has an argument for being a top 3-5 PG in the league, great stuff :)

spursfan1000
02-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Hes always been this good, but now hes actually trying.