PDA

View Full Version : Great work Kawhi!!

Russo21
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
You got overshadowed by Tony's great performance, rightfully so, tony did brilliant. But i'm very impressed with what he gave us tonight.

15 points
6 rebounds
5assists
1 block
1steal
5-7 FG
3-3 3PTFG

All that while helping hold Kevin Durant to 22 points, 5 below his season average.

How's that for our rookie SF. Absolutely brilliant!:toastGreat stuff Kawhi. Keep it up.

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM
when he had a good 1st quarter and pop being the ass he is rests him for the whole 2nd quarter i believe... :(

Spursfan092120
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Great thread...Kawhi was a monster tonight....knew this guy was going to be something special. His work ethic is off the charts.

Kindergarten Cop
02-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Great point. As disappointed as I was to see George Hill get traded, this kid has really displayed what the FO obviously saw in him that made Hill a bit more expendable.

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2012, 11:40 PM
still needs to be more consistent then showing up once every full moon

Cant_Be_Faded
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Leonard was bringin in that olll WMD

Russo21
02-04-2012, 11:44 PM
This dude has a high ceiling. Love his game. As a rook will have ups and downs. Would love some consistency so we'll see how the season progresses for him. Tonight playing against the best SF in the game was a great test and he more then held his own.

Haven't been this happy with one of our rookie's since Manu's first year. Keep improving dude (and Pop you keep giving him the minutes he needs and deserves) He could be a special player for us.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
02-04-2012, 11:50 PM
YEAH he's got SCARY potential like russo said i think if anything we have nothing to lose by keeping him hes exactly POPS player and thank God for this but i think pop has found his TRUE MAN LOVE IN LEONARD

Blackjack
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Leonard was bringin in that olll WMD

It was the Kawhi Jelly, tbh.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
02-04-2012, 11:54 PM
to me kawaii shows up in the most crucial times which is clutch gene indicator

Juggity
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
He was stroking it from beyond the arc, and played an overall great game. His scoring was nice, but I feel as though he's capable of being more than just a three point line camper. The threes will stop falling at some point, and if he isn't able to produce beyond that, he won't be very useful on the offensive end.

Juggity
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Accidental double post

Paranoid Pop
02-05-2012, 12:13 AM
He was stroking it from beyond the arc, and played an overall great game. His scoring was nice, but I feel as though he's capable of being more than just a three point line camper. The threes will stop falling at some point, and if he isn't able to produce beyond that, he won't be very useful on the offensive end.

His assist number is pretty good, stellar game all-around, I think he's having a hard time keeping up with the rythm of the season, that's why Pop has probably decided to play him less so that his production stays regular.

jesterbobman
02-05-2012, 01:17 AM
I felt Leonard should've been taken at either 6 or 7 in the draft, and before the season, 8 and 6 in 20 minutes was my "I'd be delighted with this" prediction, and at this point, is in the top 3 rookies(Rubio 1, and I'll accept arguments for Irving(Pressure of a bigger role) but anyone else is who is considered better is due to minutes and scoring)

He won't shoot 3-3 from 3 every game(~30% seems reasonable this season), but the rebounding will be there(Per 48 minutes he's at pretty much 10, which is elite for a SF, and rebounding is pretty consistant), and he'll score at average %'s with few turnovers. Makes him a very productive player.

lefty
02-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Kawhi clears up Acne

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2012, 01:25 AM
As I said last week, and as jester pointed out, out of all the role players on this team, outside of Splitter, Leonard's rebounding and defense have been the only constants..

Danny Green brings energy on a consistent basis, but the rest of his game is up and down..

Neal, Bonner and Jefferson are one-dimensional shooters..

Blair rarely shows any consistency..

Leonard is inconsistent, offensively, but his defense and rebounding are virtually always present..in the playoffs, teams need to rely on consistent players..if Kawhi can provide enough offense to avoid being a liability, he's going to play a major and potentially vital role in the playoffs..

therealtruth
02-05-2012, 05:11 AM
As I said last week, and as jester pointed out, out of all the role players on this team, outside of Splitter, Leonard's rebounding and defense have been the only constants..

Danny Green brings energy on a consistent basis, but the rest of his game is up and down..

Neal, Bonner and Jefferson are one-dimensional shooters..

Blair rarely shows any consistency..

Leonard is inconsistent, offensively, but his defense and rebounding are virtually always present..in the playoffs, teams need to rely on consistent players..if Kawhi can provide enough offense to avoid being a liability, he's going to play a major and potentially vital role in the playoffs..

Good point. In the playoffs you really need to get consistent play out of 3-4 players each game to succeed.

will_spurs
02-05-2012, 02:32 PM
still needs to be more consistent then showing up once every full moon

He's leading the rookies in rebounds (and offensive rebounds). He is also #9 in points and #4 in steals and shows that he can be a force on defense on a nightly basis. He's also quite smart for a rookie, between ~20th among rookies in fouls and TOs. Among rookies seeing a decent amount of play, only Kyrie Irving shoots better.

Leonard has a really good shot at being on the the All-Rookie 1st team.

jesterbobman
02-05-2012, 02:41 PM
If he's not all Rookie 1st team, the voters need to answer. That said, Monroe should've been ahead of Neal last year, so it might be balanced out by Shumpert ahead of Kawhi because he scores more.

spurs10
02-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Go Kawhi! Good thread! He's a great kid with a great work ethic! He'll be a big asset on the RRT...

WeNeedLength
02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
It was the Kawhi Jelly, tbh.

:lmao

I'm I the only one that got that?? :toast

:lmao

TJastal
02-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Kawhi Jelly .. that's really good. I think we found him a new nickname.

Coined by Blackjack.

stephen jackson
02-06-2012, 05:08 AM
cow-hi needs to be aggressive and attack the rim