PDA

View Full Version : The greatest thing about this team is

Cant_Be_Faded
02-04-2012, 11:40 PM
We have so many players that have so much room for in-season improvement, yet we're still hanging tough in the playoff race, and our best player is sitting there not wearing himself out.

If you paint these results onto an opposing team, every poster here is jealous.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
02-04-2012, 11:58 PM
agree with eye stalker for some reason pop treats him like shit with the way he handles his minutes coming back from injury and what not dont you guys agree that he in all seriousness takes him for granted

jjktkk
02-05-2012, 12:23 AM
agree with eye stalker for some reason pop treats him like shit with the way he handles his minutes coming back from injury and what not dont you guys agree that he in all seriousness takes him for granted

No, where would you get this take from? Pop has always valued Manu.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-05-2012, 12:29 AM
If you take what the Spurs have done thus far and apply it to any other team in the West that made the playoffs last year.....it becomes a constant ESPN feature.

The Spurs are:

1) In it
2) Have huge upside

The ADMIRAL 50
02-05-2012, 12:30 AM
:tu

ducks
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
what would happen if manu played his last spur game and they traded him for wade
since he is so great according to some here

Oscar DeLa
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
i dont knowwhatitis

but

CBF is normally a huge pessimist

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2012, 12:35 AM
:lol this thread

The 3's are falling, Bonner and Blair are still getting big minutes, marginal players are improving marginally, and you're beating good teams (AT HOME).

Where have I seen this story before?:lol

ducks
02-05-2012, 12:35 AM
jazz owned the lakers tonight go worry about them

Cant_Be_Faded
02-05-2012, 12:36 AM
i dont knowwhatitis

but

CBF is normally a huge pessimist

croflcrofl thanks i guess

Seriously----Take any Western Conference Playoff team, take away their best player for most of this entire season, have them still in the mix....this is fucking sportscenter worthy

Such is the small market life I guess, but we are in great great shape heading into this RRT.

All spurs optimists have to be feeling good, and most of the Spurs pessimists have to be feeling good.

Today is a good day to be Spurs Fan.

gospursgojas
02-05-2012, 12:36 AM
:tu to any positive post about the Spurs.

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2012, 12:38 AM
jazz owned the lakers tonight go worry about them

Wow, that was close to a grammatically-correct, complete sentence.:tu

mystargtr34
02-05-2012, 12:51 AM
This team has all the tools to at least challenge.. they're just not being utilised properly yet. Pop is a great coach.. but he's human.. as i said before he's colossally fucked the Tiago situation so far. Alot of reporters/fans are too scared to criticise Pop because has 4 rings.. as if he was the main component of those championship winning teams :lol.

Spurs probably make the WCF last season and possibly better if Tiago is integrated earlier into the rotation.. simple as that tbh.

But yeah.. this team has alot of weapons.

Danny Green's emergence has given the team a new dimension with his hustle + no fear attitude. He's reminds me of Ginobili at least defensively.. always coming up with weakside blocks and great defensive plays that change the momentum of the game.

Leonard gives the Spurs a competent defensive stopper that they havent had since Bowen left.. with better rebounding and off the ball defense.

Not to mention Splitter emerging as the clear cut 4th best player on the team. Im kind of reenergised as a fan watching this team play.. these guys are doing things we havent seen anyone do in a Spurs uniform for a long time.. sometimes not all positive though :lol. Its been really fun watching the guys play :tu

TMTTRIO
02-05-2012, 02:20 AM
I was just thinking about this tonight. With the way this team is playing and starting to gel I wouldn't without Manu I wouldn't mind if Manu just sit out the entire rodeo road trip and come back in March. That would give enough time to see how he does and plays with the rest of the team. He would also have something left (hopefully) for the playoffs.

NewcastleKEG
02-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Who are the guys with big upsides you guys are referring to? While I see the argument for Duncan, he's right on pace for the steady decline he's been on the past 4 seasons. From 19 to 17 to now back to back seasons with 13 PPG. Same with boards etc

While the Spurs will certainty be in the hunt & the race looks very wide open at the moment...... for the Spurs to make a WCF run it would take a career playoff from Manu

Doubtful but possible

therealtruth
02-05-2012, 05:19 AM
This team has all the tools to at least challenge.. they're just not being utilised properly yet. Pop is a great coach.. but he's human.. as i said before he's colossally fucked the Tiago situation so far. Alot of reporters/fans are too scared to criticise Pop because has 4 rings.. as if he was the main component of those championship winning teams :lol.

Spurs probably make the WCF last season and possibly better if Tiago is integrated earlier into the rotation.. simple as that tbh.

But yeah.. this team has alot of weapons.

Danny Green's emergence has given the team a new dimension with his hustle + no fear attitude. He's reminds me of Ginobili at least defensively.. always coming up with weakside blocks and great defensive plays that change the momentum of the game.

Leonard gives the Spurs a competent defensive stopper that they havent had since Bowen left.. with better rebounding and off the ball defense.

Not to mention Splitter emerging as the clear cut 4th best player on the team. Im kind of reenergised as a fan watching this team play.. these guys are doing things we havent seen anyone do in a Spurs uniform for a long time.. sometimes not all positive though :lol. Its been really fun watching the guys play :tu

Good point. The bright side of things is that Manu started hot last year but cooled down. With less games he should be able to maintain his hot streak through the playoffs. Like you said Pop royally messed up the Tiago situation last year and continues to do so.

100%duncan
02-05-2012, 05:46 AM

The 3's are falling, Bonner and Blair are still getting big minutes, marginal players are improving marginally, and you're beating good teams (AT HOME).

Skunk that shit

rascal
02-05-2012, 09:36 AM
We have so many players that have so much room for in-season improvement, yet we're still hanging tough in the playoff race, and our best player is sitting there not wearing himself out.

If you paint these results onto an opposing team, every poster here is jealous.

Manu is not the best player. Duncan and Parker are better. If either Duncan or Parker goes down to an injury the team is no longer a playoff team.

Fireball
02-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Manu is not the best player. Duncan and Parker are better. If either Duncan or Parker goes down to an injury the team is no longer a playoff team.

bullshit ... Spurs are just fortunate enough to be deep on the SG position ... Manu is as valuable as TP and Duncan ...

Russ
02-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Quite incorrect.

Pop needlessly held Manu out of Game One vs. Memphis last year and that was the only game a home team lost -- it arguably cost the Spurs the series.

Manu said he could have played and proved it by his peformances in Game Two forward.

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2012, 10:08 AM

memphis series last season says otherwise

Spursfan092120
02-05-2012, 10:33 AM

The Lakers last year?

wildbill2u
02-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Given all the possible negatives that could have made the team give up--Manu down, Ford down, no practice times, inexperienced players--this is turning into a fun season to watch as a fan.

Setting aside any fantasies about a championship, watching this team come together against adversity should make any basketball purist enjoy this season so far.

Sometimes we forget that pro basketball is entertainment, not a life and death struggle against the forces of evil that want to burn our city to the ground, rape our women and enslave our children....er...except for the Lakers of course.

Spur|n|Austin
02-05-2012, 12:30 PM

:pop: "He's Manu Ginobili."

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Given all the possible negatives that could have made the team give up--Manu down, Ford down, no practice times, inexperienced players--this is turning into a fun season to watch as a fan.

Setting aside any fantasies about a championship, watching this team come together against adversity should make any basketball purist enjoy this season so far.

Sometimes we forget that pro basketball is entertainment, not a life and death struggle against the forces of evil that want to burn our city to the ground, rape our women and enslave our children....er...except for the Lakers of course.

I keep forgetting that Ford is out. That's gonna be awesome when he gets back, assuming he plays like he was pre-injury.

thispego
02-05-2012, 12:44 PM
lol pop haters :lol

Lol we could have made wcf with tiago playing last year :lmao

Lol thinking tiago still not playing enough

Fpoonsie
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I can't wait for the Spurs to win the NBA Unforeseen Potential Championship at the end of the season.

widowmaker
02-05-2012, 01:30 PM

The same thing is happening with this years laker team. They don't look so good on the road either. When do spurs play the lakers anyway? Circle that one on your calendar.

Bill_Brasky
02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
We're better than I thought we'd be, thats for sure. And lately we've been playing some passable defense. Not great, but theyre learning.

Solid D
02-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Sometimes we forget that pro basketball is entertainment, not a life and death struggle...

Great thoughts, wildbill and CBF!

DPG21920
02-05-2012, 02:34 PM
We're better than I thought we'd be, thats for sure. And lately we've been playing some passable defense. Not great, but theyre learning.

I'd agree. They have holes, especially with talent upfront, but they are better than last years team.

DAF86
02-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Who are the guys with big upsides you guys are referring to? While I see the argument for Duncan, he's right on pace for the steady decline he's been on the past 4 seasons. From 19 to 17 to now back to back seasons with 13 PPG. Same with boards etc

While the Spurs will certainty be in the hunt & the race looks very wide open at the moment...... for the Spurs to make a WCF run it would take a career playoff from Manu

Doubtful but possible

Splitter, Leonard and Manu and Ford getting back to the rotation.

spurs4real
02-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Id love a second unit of:

Tiago Splitter
Danny Green
TJ Ford
Manu Ginobili
Matt Bonner (just Cause who else do we got, plus he helps spread the floor)

Kawhi Leonard as well next to Splitter for stretches at a time