PDA

View Full Version : Perkins with a Blair type stat line - OKC fans lament on ESPN

Rummpd
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
"Man, how could this happen with the initimidating presence of 0-for-1, 3 rebound Kendrick Perkins in the middle?." http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/conversation?gameId=320204024

("Mr. Blake Griffin Facial Special" did have two blocks in 20 min and "fills the paint" but it is fun to see other fans complain about their starting center)

By the way Perkins is at best a defensive "space filler" who sucks overall statistically, as his PER by Hollinger's rankings at around 6 (15 is the league average) and he sits at 157 ranked of 165 WC players - and in the lamentable Metta World Peace area)

By comparision he makes Blair look good. Blair with all his recent sucking it up statistically is still the 51th ranked West player (well behind Splitter in 36th place of course but ahead of Bonner, sucking it up at 83rd, while Jefferson really sucking in PER at 120 or so)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?league=west&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fleague%3dwest

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
PER is overrated stat if ur not volume stat padder

Wild Cobra Kai
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
KPerk is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. His season line of 4.6p/5.3r and .453 shooting for a guy who NEVER leaves the paint can only be disappointing for the money they are paying him. His numbers are down from his career numbers, despite a bump in minutes from 22.6 to 26.6.

dbestpro
02-05-2012, 02:20 PM
If Blair could learn to scowl like Perkins he'd be an all star.

timvp
02-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure if Perkins knee injury has slowed him or if the weight loss was a bad idea but he pretty much sucks now.

Rummpd
02-06-2012, 12:37 PM
PER is overrated stat if ur not volume stat padder

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html

I guess that is ?? why Kobe Bryant is way down list at 17th all time yet DR and TD in top 5 and ten respectively on all time list?:downspin:

callo1
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Blair struggling is not a suprise. When Manu got hurt Blair's poor performance began. Expect Manu's return to reverse Blair's trend somewhat.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html

I guess that is ?? why Kobe Bryant is way down list at 17th all time yet DR and TD in top 5 and ten respectively on all time list?:downspin:

PER also says that Blair is a well above average NBA player.

Rummpd
02-06-2012, 02:43 PM
PER also says that Blair is a well above average NBA player.

his PER like his dismal performances of late has been dropping off signficiantly...

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 02:44 PM
his PER like his dismal performances of late has been dropping off signficiantly...

Yet remains well above average...

ElNono
02-06-2012, 02:46 PM
PER largely measures offensive performance. Hollinger freely admits that two of the defensive statistics it incorporates -- blocks and steals -- can produce a distorted picture of a player's value and that PER is not a reliable measure of a player's defensive acumen.

That said, Perkins has regressed a bit. I thought he still did a heck of a job on Tim.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 03:05 PM
PER largely measures offensive performance. Hollinger freely admits that two of the defensive statistics it incorporates -- blocks and steals -- can produce a distorted picture of a player's value and that PER is not a reliable measure of a player's defensive acumen.

That said, Perkins has regressed a bit. I thought he still did a heck of a job on Tim.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Blair is one of the biggest gamblers on defense (hence the inflated steals) who is caught out of position constantly. He is probably the worst big (in the entire league) you could possibly put next to Timmy in terms of what the consequences are for Timmy's knees.

ElNono
02-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Dude needs to chill out a bit... 9 technicals in 23 games? He can't keep that up and help his team.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Dude needs to chill out a bit... 9 technicals in 23 games? He can't keep that up and help his team.

His attitude may be all he has left. Much like Big Baby, his game hasn't translated very well outside of Boston.

jjktkk
02-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Wow. Sure seems like none of his Thunder teammates have the leadership to tell Perk to dial it down, unlike in Boston where KG, Pierce, and Allen could keep Perk under control.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Wow. Sure seems like none of his Thunder teammates have the leadership to tell Perk to dial it down, unlike in Boston where KG, Pierce, and Allen could keep Perk under control.

Perk's statistical peak was in '09 at the age of 26. Pretty sad to think Blair has already peaked and is in freefall the other direction at age 22.

Em-City
02-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I'd still take Perkins over blair..

Rummpd
02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd still take Perkins over blair..

PER be dammed I would too as at least Perkins can defend.