PDA

View Full Version : Interesting illustration between Demoncrats and Republicans.

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 03:21 AM
From an extremely biased interview (http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/43/deadline-finke.php) with Jay Leno:

L.A. Weekly's Nikki Finke:

"The current crew in the White House doesn’t seem to laugh much at themselves."

Jay Leno:

"The interesting thing is, I have found that the Republicans respond much more to jokes about themselves than the Democrats do. Democrats take it very, very seriously. You know, when Al Gore was here in 2000, we said we want to do this bit, and then it was, 'Can we run it past our people?' 'Can we make these changes?' Then the day of the show, 'We’re going to pass.'

"Bush shows up. We had a bit where we’re playing Jeopardy, and he’s going to look kind of stupid. But then, in the end, the joke’s on me. 'Yeah, fine, whatever you want.' It couldn’t have been easier."
I'm telling you, the guy is genuine and sincere. He doesn't have handler vetting his interviews or his public appearances.

By the way, before you jump on Leno, know that elsewhere in the interview he reveals how anti-Bush he is and how much of a liberal nut job he is, as well. The one think I give him, he refuses to be biased on the show. He's an equal opportunity comedian.

DeSPURado
09-17-2004, 04:10 AM
Gore was very stiff there's not much one can say about that.

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 11:56 AM
You don't think Kerry's handlers (apparently a committee of several) is carefully vetting every public appearance he makes?

C'mon, surely you're not that stupid.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-17-2004, 12:51 PM
WTF cares about a damn TV show?

Damn, you conservative bitch about celebrities supporting democrats and how you don't care what they say and then you pump up those celebs who happen to say a positive thing about repugnicants.

And besides, Al Sharpton kicked ass on SNL!

Samurai Jane
09-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Geez Johnny, lighten up... it was mentioned that Jay Leno is not pro-Bush and it was just a demonstration of the different attitudes of the 2 parties. Nobody's pumping up Jay Leno here.

SpursWoman
09-17-2004, 01:05 PM
If you would have bothered to pay attention, it was more about being unbiased in the media, that it is actually possible, in direct contrast with the crap that has been going on at CBS, than about prop'ing a particular candidate.

But attack first before actually considering the point seems to be the *liberal* way, so your response was pretty much right on cue.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-17-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm fighting back!
No more mister nice guy.

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 01:28 PM
I was actually trying to illustrate how finely controlled the Demoncratic appearances are and how extemporaneous the Republican candidate is.

That's all. Jay Leno just gave a good example.

I also believe this is why you can find more gaffes from President Bush than his opponent...He's genuine. We all do the same thing.

scott
09-17-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm telling you, the guy is genuine and sincere.

No denying that... he just isn't a very good President.

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Well, on that, you and I (along with about 53% of the American population) disagree.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-17-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm with Scott on this one.

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 01:46 PM
And you, too, are in the ever-decreasing minority.