PDA

View Full Version : Robin Lopez

acoelho1
02-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Blair and Anderson for Lopez. Why? He is a legit 7 footer, physical and is only 23 with room for improvement. As the 3rd or 4th big (behind Bonner..sigh), he is exactly what we need. Tiago can move to the starting lineup and the team immediately improves defensively. The only question mark is whether the Suns would go for it.

Reck
02-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Nope.

yavozerb
02-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Blair and Anderson for Lopez. Why? He is a legit 7 footer, physical and is only 23 with room for improvement. As the 3rd or 4th big (behind Bonner..sigh), he is exactly what we need. Tiago can move to the starting lineup and the team immediately improves defensively. The only question mark is whether the Suns would go for it.

For some reason I am sensing many useless threads from you in the future...Try not to start a thread for every idea you think of..

acoelho1
02-05-2012, 10:47 PM
How about a useless response with no substantive arguments. Try again and lay off the sauce next time.

jag
02-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Lopez would be an upgrade defensively over Blair. And It'd allow Tiago to move to the starting lineup... so I guess it's not a horrible idea. Lopez has a big body and good size overall.

acoelho1
02-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Let's be clear, we are not getting any all star big via trade or in the free agent market. So, the best we can hope for is someone with size and physicality on the inside, which Lopez brings to the table. The Suns seems to be down on Lopez and I don't expect them to resign him especially with Gortat in the fold. Maybe Blair and Anderson would be enough.

phxspurfan
02-05-2012, 11:50 PM
It might fly. If the Spurs FO tried this last year the Suns brass would have laughed in the Spurs' faces but this year they have Gortat. So Lopez is a tradeable asset, and it depends on where they want to go from here. Do the Suns want to start opening up cap space or hold on to Lopez and pay him?

JMarkJohns
02-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I doubt the Suns would trade Lopez without getting a 1st-rounder in this year's draft.

ducks
02-06-2012, 12:02 AM
how long is he under contract

ducks
02-06-2012, 12:03 AM
he is ok not great

Robz4000
02-06-2012, 12:03 AM
He'd be a solid pick-up for the team, but I'd see them sooner going after Turiaf if he's bought out than Lopez at this point.

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-06-2012, 12:05 AM
How about a useless response with no substantive arguments. Try again and lay off the sauce next time.
you do know there is a trade thread in the think tank right?

JMarkJohns
02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Lopez is in the final year of his rookie-scale contract, but acquiring team would own restricted rights.

02-06-2012, 12:47 AM
i think the suns would rather get an expiring + 1st round pick from a worse team.

8FOR!3
02-06-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm drunk right now so yeah, let's do it. Fuck, get Gortat thrown in there too I wouldn't mind him yeee

tuncaboylu
02-06-2012, 01:41 AM
James Anderson + 1st rounder would be OK.

I wouldn't send Blair for that guy.

sehui
02-06-2012, 01:45 AM
I dunno if I'm okay with giving a first round pick for him...I haven't watched him play a whole lot, but of all the PHX games when they play the Spurs, Lopez hasn't really impressed me. We might be able to get a better deal during draft day if we trade up and give up Blair/Anderson/etc.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Lopez would be a great addition to the team and IMO make SA the favorites to get to the finals. Duncan/Splitter starting and Lopez/Bonner backing up is solid.

jag
02-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Lopez would be a great addition to the team and IMO make SA the favorites to get to the finals. Duncan/Splitter starting and Lopez/Bonner backing up is solid.

Oh yeah?

acoelho1
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him since it's supposed to be a deep draft this year. It won't make us the favorite either in the West but it will accomplish 2 things. One, it would put Splitter in the starting line-up - Pop wouldn't dare put Bonner instead :) and second, it improves are defensive with the 1st and 2nd units.

Sense
02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Would I want the Spurs to do it? Sure.

Is it realistic?
:lol
I know he's not a star... the Suns are a rather small team already, and you want them to go for Blair?

will_spurs
02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Oh yeah?

Remember that Hill made Parker expendable, too.

SenorSpur
02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
A team that is a couple of years away from rebuilding cannot afford to give away 1st round picks. Those picks are gold. No first round picks offered - for anyone!

However Lopez for Blair and Anderson? yes.

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2012, 12:45 PM
i wouldnt trade our 2012 picks man, this is a deep draft to give up on

Mal
02-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Robin Lopez sucks. Spurs should use more Tiago,rather than trading anybody for this piece of crap. And give a pick for a guy, who wouldnt go in 1st round this year is simply bad idea.

acoelho1
02-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Would I want the Spurs to do it? Sure.

Is it realistic?
I know he's not a star... the Suns are a rather small team already, and you want them to go for Blair?

RL is averaging about 14mins and 5pts per game. I doubt any team will trade their 1st round pick in this year's draft. Secondly, it's not like the Suns will get a 7 footer in return so the best they could hope for is 1 or 2 young players. Blair may be undersized but the Suns already have a center in Gortat and he would be a perfect asset off the bench. Plus we are throwing in Anderson who still has upside. I don't think the trade is as unreasonable as you may think.

ElNono
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Why would the Suns do that seeing how difficult it is to get legit 7 footers in this league?

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Why would the Suns do that seeing how difficult it is to get legit 7 footers in this league?

He's in the last year of his rookie contract. The Suns may have already decided that they won't be willing to pay the price to keep him when he hits free agency. His usage this year suggests that could be true. In that case it makes sense for them to trade him.

Whether one cheap year of Dejuan Blair is the best they could get for Lopez if they put him on the market is another story.

And I agree with several others in this thread. No way I include a 2012 first round pick to get Lopez.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 02:10 PM
He's in the last year of his rookie contract. The Suns may have already decided that they won't be willing to pay the price to keep him when he hits free agency. His usage this year suggests that could be true. In that case it makes sense for them to trade him.

Whether one cheap year of Dejuan Blair is the best they could get for Lopez if they put him on the market is another story.

And I agree with several others in this thread. No way I include a 2012 first round pick to get Lopez.

LMAO. Lopez WAS himself a former first round pick in 2008. #15 in fact.

Wow. I just don't agree with all the ppl crying over a lost pick.

Late 1st round picks (like the ones the spurs are likely to garner) aren't terribly valuable overrall IMO. The only teams that would really be looking for those are teams that have thrown in the towel and are looking to start serious long term rebuilding (like perhaps the suns). Last time I checked, the spurs are still right in the hunt for a title and both Ginobili (before injury) and Parker are playing at an all-star level. They are literally one piece (a solid big) away from having all the pieces of the puzzle (IMO). Why wouldn't give up a silly late 1st round pick to upgrade to Lopez? Lopez himself is a former
1st round pick with 3 years of nba experience under his belt who could help out not only immediately but also perhaps in future rebuilding plans.

I mean no disrespect, but that just makes no sense to me. I also think its very possible Lopez could become a better player in the right situation (maybe not as good as his brother but perhaps close). I would estimate there is probably a 97% chance the spurs will not do better than Lopez drafting in the late 20's. Even given Pop's decent history of drafting. So you're essentially saying you would give up on a 97% chance to improve the team and more importantly, improve it NOW as opposed to next season. That's insane.

For a team like the spurs who haven't thrown in that towel yet, getting a legit big like Lopez for a late first round pick is a no-brainer even if the frontcourt is solid, much less when the frontcourt is one of the weaker and shallowest in the league being overrun on a nightly basis because Pop has no other choices but to play Blair and Bonner extended minutes.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 02:15 PM
LMAO. Lopez WAS himself a former first round pick in 2008. #15 in fact.

Wow. I just don't agree with all the ppl crying over a lost pick.

Late 1st round picks (like the ones the spurs are likely to garner) aren't terribly valuable overrall IMO. The only teams that would really be looking for those are teams that have thrown in the towel and are looking to start serious long term rebuilding (like perhaps the suns). Last time I checked, the spurs are still right in the hunt for a title and both Ginobili (before injury) and Parker are playing at an all-star level. They are literally one piece (a solid big) away from having all the pieces of the puzzle (IMO). Why wouldn't give up a silly late 1st round pick to upgrade to Lopez? Lopez himself is a former
1st round pick with 3 years of nba experience under his belt who could help out not only immediately but also perhaps in future rebuilding plans.

I mean no disrespect, but that just makes no sense to me. I also think its very possible Lopez could become a better player in the right situation (maybe not as good as his brother but perhaps close). I would estimate there is probably a 97% chance the spurs will not do better than Lopez drafting in the late 20's. Even given Pop's decent history of drafting. So you're essentially saying you would give up on a 97% chance to improve the team and more importantly, improve it NOW as opposed to next season. That's insane.

For a team like the spurs who haven't thrown in that towel yet, getting a legit big like Lopez for a late first round pick is a no-brainer even if the frontcourt is solid, much less when the frontcourt is one of the weaker and shallowest in the league being overrun on a nightly basis because Pop has no other choices but to play Blair and Bonner extended minutes.

No disrespect, but if he was a legit big he wouldn't be available for a late first round pick. If he was a legit big, the team that drafted him would be playing him more than 14 mpg in his 4th year with the team. No disrespect....

TJastal
02-06-2012, 02:21 PM
No disrespect, but if he was a legit big he wouldn't be available for a late first round pick. If he was a legit big, the team that drafted him would be playing him more than 14 mpg in his 4th year with the team. No disrespect....

Yah, so? Gortat played about the same minutes during his stint in Orlando until last season.

You gonna tell me that Gortat isn't worth a late 1st round pick either?

:lmao

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Yah, so? Gortat played about the same minutes during his stint in Orlando until last season.

Tragic logic fail.

Sense
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM

Exactly, 7 footers are becoming more and more rare and he's still young.. I'm sure they can get something better.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Tragic logic fail.

How is it a "tragic logic fail"

Gortat was in his 4th year and just needing a change of scenery to get his career untracked. Enter Phoenix where he has blossomed into an allstar level big man. Lopez is also going to be in his 5th season. Both put up very similar numbers in their first 4 seasons. In fact, Lopez has put up better numbers in his limited minutes. I just think the up tempo style of PHO is a bad fit for him, and fits Gortat like a glove. Lopez might flourish in another setting.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Exactly, 7 footers are becoming more and more rare and he's still young.. I'm sure they can get something better.

And yet some in this thread are unwilling to give up a late 1st round pick. Which is essentially saying they would not trade Cory Joseph for a legit 7 footer just entering his prime.

It's pretty comical actually if you really start to think about it.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Gortat was in his 4th year and just needing a change of scenery to get his career untracked. Enter Phoenix where he has blossomed into an allstar level big man. Lopez is also going to be in his 5th season. Both put up very similar numbers in their first 4 seasons. In fact, Lopez has put up better numbers in his limited minutes. I just think the up tempo style of PHO is a bad fit for him, and fits Gortat like a glove. Lopez might flourish in another setting.

It is a tragic logic fail both specifically and generally. That you can't or won't see it is not surprising.

JMarkJohns
02-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Lopez has had his moments of quality production. Alongside Amare he was a valued starter for his defense and athleticism and was a key rotational change that allowed the Suns to make it to the Conference Finals.

I understand why his current production doesn't seem 1st-rounder worthy, but he's 23, has shown he can be a valuable starter, is a legit 7-footer and has some skill. He's a project, yes, but a late 1st for him makes plenty of sense.

Suns hold no need for Blair, no matter the quality off the bench.

Anderson and a 1st would probably do it, but I can't see it actually getting done.

ElNono
02-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Well, if the Suns want to rebuild (and they will sooner rather than later), you would think Lopez fits those plans.

Otherwise, wouldn't they be better served by waiting and doing a S&T or getting a trade exception (provided they find a partner for that)?

Frankly, I don't think Blair is an upgrade for them, and I also don't think you can get for Blair the same you can get for Lopez.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Well, if the Suns want to rebuild (and they will sooner rather than later), you would think Lopez fits those plans.

Otherwise, wouldn't they be better served by waiting and doing a S&T or getting a trade exception (provided they find a partner for that)?

Frankly, I don't think Blair is an upgrade for them, and I also don't think you can get for Blair the same you can get for Lopez.

I agree.

I also didn't suggest that Blair+Anderson would be enough to get PHX to part with Lopez.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 02:58 PM
It is a tragic logic fail both specifically and generally. That you can't or won't see it is not surprising.

I don't know what logic world you're living in but here is a recap:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2758/marcin-gortat

Gortat's career stats ^

Averaged much less minutes than Lopez even (7, 12, 13, & 15 minutes in his first 4 seasons.)

Your comment

the team that drafted him would be playing him more than 14 mpg in his 4th year with the team. No disrespect.... ]

In essence you have just told everyone you would not waste a shitty 1st round pick on Marcin Gortat because according to you if he's only playing 15 minutes a game in his 4th season he must be worthless.

You fail at logic sir.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't know what logic world you're living in but here is a recap:

Gortat's career stats ^

Averaged much less minutes than Lopez even (7, 12, 13, & 15 minutes in his first 4 seasons.)

Your comment

In essence you have just told everyone you would not waste a shitty 1st round pick on Marcin Gortat because according to you if he's only playing 15 minutes a game in his 4th season he must be worthless.

You fail at logic sir.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Backtracking so soon Mel_13? You just said you didn't think he was even worth a shitty late 1st round pick a few minutes ago.

Are you going to explain your "superior" logic or just make cute little laughing faces all day..

I didn't backtrack at all.

You just can't read.

And life is too short to spoon feed you and explain the massive failure of logic in your posts.

I see you didn't delete your post quickly enough. :lol

TJastal
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I didn't backtrack at all.

You just can't read.

And life is too short to spoon feed you and explain the massive failure of logic in your posts.

You spend all day on a basketball message board, who the hell are you kidding? You have time. You should just admit that your logic failed today and give me the props I deserve for calling you out.

If all you have to offer is an assortment of smilies then I will file this under the "failed logic" category and call it a day.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM

I was going to just let it go and let you feel "superior".

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I was going to just let it go and let you feel "superior".

Or you realized how absurd the post was.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Or you realized how absurd the post was.

I see you're having reading comprehension failures today as well..

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I see you're having reading comprehension failures today as well..

None, whatsoever.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
None, whatsoever.

In no way do I feel my posts or logic were "absurd" in any capacity. In fact I have explained my positions on the matter in several different ways. You however have done nothing to explain your own, citing that its too much effort to do so.

So by all means, if you want to continue believing that just because a guy in his 4th season getting only 14 minutes a game somehow reflects negatively enough to not make him worth a late 1st round pick, then please continue and we will all get a nice laugh out of your failed logic.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
In no way do I feel my posts or logic were "absurd" in any capacity. In fact I have explained my positions on the matter in several different ways. You however have done nothing to explain your own, citing that its too much effort to do so.

So by all means, if you want to continue believing that just because a guy in his 4th season getting only 14 minutes a game somehow reflects negatively enough to not make him worth a late 1st round pick, then please continue and we will all get a nice laugh out of your failed logic.

You're entirely welcome to your self-declared victory.

Your logic, however, remains massively flawed. A fact enforced by your most recent post.

MaNu4Tres
02-06-2012, 03:51 PM
TJastal at it again I see. :lol

TJastal
02-06-2012, 03:52 PM
You're entirely welcome to your self-declared victory.

Your logic, however, remains massively flawed. A fact enforced by your most recent post.

You just keep believing that and we'll just keep right on laughing at you.

If he was a legit big, the team that drafted him would be playing him more than 14 mpg in his 4th year with the team. No disrespect....

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 03:54 PM

The laughter you hear is all in your head.

The funny thing is that you keep making the case against yourself and don't realize it. Actually, it's rather sad.

jjktkk
02-06-2012, 03:55 PM

We'll huh? Meaning you and someone else? :lol

manufan10
02-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Gortat wasn't worth a first rounder when he was traded:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6938

TJastal
02-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Gortat wasn't worth a first rounder when he was traded:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6938

Hey Mel_13 looks like the peanut gallery has arrived to back up your asinine claims. :lol

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 04:05 PM

Hey Mel_13 looks like the peanut gallery has arrived to back up your asinine claims. :lol

Still laughing alone, I see.

So sad.

jjktkk
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Is there a definiton or word, for this strange fetish of tjastal, to get shitted on daily on a sports forum? :lol

manufan10
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Is there a definiton or word, for this strange fetish of tjastal, to get shitted on daily on a sports forum? :lol

It's called getting tjastal...

TJastal
02-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Peanut gallery hard at work I see. Well, looks like you're not alone in this, Mel13. They also wouldn't dare trade away a late 1st round pick for a Marcin Gortat or Robin Lopez. Not when there's a chance of getting a Cory Joseph type player. No way!

GSH
02-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Still laughing alone, I see.

So sad.

Mel - a few games back you reminded me not to get into a ridiculous argument with a pinhead in the game thread. I hope I'm not too late to return the favor.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Peanut gallery hard at work I see. Well, looks like you're not alone in this, Mel13. They also wouldn't dare trade away a late 1st round pick for a Marcin Gortat or Robin Lopez. Not when there's a chance of getting a Cory Joseph type player. No way!

Continuing to make the case against yourself.

Really, really sad.

jjktkk
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Peanut gallery hard at work I see.

No, its really not hard at all. :lol

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Mel - a few games back you reminded me not to get into a ridiculous argument with a pinhead in the game thread. I hope I'm not too late to return the favor.

Sound advice, I must admit.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Mel - I really have no idea what you're arguing about but damnit quit making the poplovin' crew & peanut gallery look bad. Especially to the arch nemesis anti-Pop Tjastal. You fucked up, bro. Now take my advice and quit getting into ridiculous arguments that you can't possibly win. I hope I'm not too late to save your hide .

acoelho1
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I expect for R. Lopez to not be a Phoenix Sun next year and I think we have a chance to snatch him up at a low cost. I still don't know if a 1st rounder is worth it. Isn't he on the last year of his rookie scale contract and he will probably want a pay increase next year. He hasn't played to his potential yet but think a change in scenery would do well for his game.

If not R. Lopez than who?? I looked around the league for possible trade deals and this was the only plausible move that made sense for both teams. We better do something otherwise it's Blair/Bonner against the top PF's in the playoffs. I wouldn't be pressing for a trade so much if Tiago started and played 30min plus. Unfortunately, the turd ball continues under Pop.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Late 1st round picks (like the ones the spurs are likely to garner) aren't terribly valuable overrall IMO.http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2011/06/288950-NBA-DRAFT-06_27_2001-306x322.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/395/290/TiagoSplitter_display_image.jpg?1284510102

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/37704/09hill.jpg

Hell, might as well include him for TJ.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/luke_winn/06/29/draft.night/t1_ian_all.jpg

manufan10
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2011/06/288950-NBA-DRAFT-06_27_2001-306x322.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/395/290/TiagoSplitter_display_image.jpg?1284510102

Tjastal just got tjastaled on.

Mel_13
02-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I expect for R. Lopez to not be a Phoenix Sun next year and I think we have a chance to snatch him up at a low cost. I still don't know if a 1st rounder is worth it. Isn't he on the last year of his rookie scale contract and he will probably want a pay increase next year. He hasn't played to his potential yet but think a change in scenery would do well for his game.

If not R. Lopez than who?? I looked around the league for possible trade deals and this was the only plausible move that made sense for both teams. We better do something otherwise it's Blair/Bonner against the top PF's in the playoffs. I wouldn't be pressing for a trade so much if Tiago started and played 30min plus. Unfortunately, the turd ball continues under Pop.

I did a look at the possible trade targets/buyout candidates among the league's bottom dwellers. The only other trade target that seemed the least bit realistic from both sides was Johan Petro from the Nets. Kind of depressing.

As for buyout candidates after the March 15th deadline, these may be some possible late season additions:

Diaw
Najera
Turiaf
Kaman
Carl Landry
Ben Wallace
Okur
Humphries
Magloire

TD 21
02-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Lopez is the exact type of big the Spurs don't need and clearly have no interest in. They don't want a center, who can't defend power fowards or shoot, because they essentially view Splitter as that type of player and realize he's better than any other big of that ilk that they could get.

What they need and want, is basically an athletic version of McDyess. Someone who can shoot, defend power forwards and hold their own on the glass.

If Diaw get's bought out, he's someone the Spurs would definitely pursue and probably get. He's unmotivated and soft, but because him and Parker are best friends and they're a team trying to contend, they probably feel like they could coax him into caring for a few months (and they'd probably be right). When he's in shape and the spirit moves him, he can do virtually everything at least adequately, save for rebounding.

jjktkk
02-06-2012, 05:53 PM
It's called getting tjastal...

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/6331/tjastalgettingshittedon.png

Mal
02-06-2012, 07:54 PM

Gortat was playing this minutes behind Dwight Howard. Robin Lopez is playing shitty minute behind Marcin Gortat. Enough said

therealtruth
02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Lopez is the exact type of big the Spurs don't need and clearly have no interest in. They don't want a center, who can't defend power fowards or shoot, because they essentially view Splitter as that type of player and realize he's better than any other big of that ilk that they could get.

What they need and want, is basically an athletic version of McDyess. Someone who can shoot, defend power forwards and hold their own on the glass.

If Diaw get's bought out, he's someone the Spurs would definitely pursue and probably get. He's unmotivated and soft, but because him and Parker are best friends and they're a team trying to contend, they probably feel like they could coax him into caring for a few months (and they'd probably be right). When he's in shape and the spirit moves him, he can do virtually everything at least adequately, save for rebounding.

Getting Lopez would allow Tiago to start. Lopez takes his place on the bench.

acoelho1
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
I did a look at the possible trade targets/buyout candidates among the league's bottom dwellers. The only other trade target that seemed the least bit realistic from both sides was Johan Petro from the Nets. Kind of depressing.

As for buyout candidates after the March 15th deadline, these may be some possible late season additions:

Diaw
Najera
Turiaf
Kaman
Carl Landry
Ben Wallace
Okur
Humphries
Magloire

I like all except for Wallace and Magloire. Not sure how many will actually be available for the Spurs to make a serious run.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Remind me how this guy is an upgrade over Blair if you would. Oh that's right, he's 7 feet tall. And at 7 feet he averages a grand total of 4 points a game, a whopping 3 rebounds a game, and less than a block a game. But wait, wait, he is only playing 13 minutes a game, double that those minutes, then double his stats, 8 points a game, 6 boards, and a block and a half. I sure can't wait to get this guy!!! Would be such an asset because......he's taller than Blair. Blair on the other hand is doing just about what this guy would be doing in 26 minutes, but Blair is doing it in 22 minutes. Pass.

TD 21
02-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Getting Lopez would allow Tiago to start. Lopez takes his place on the bench.

Yeah, but I don't think they want Splitter to start, because they don't seem to view him as someone who can consistently guard power forwards. If they can't rectify the big situation either at the deadline or after the buyout period post deadline, then I could see them eventually going to this as a last resort. Either post deadline or when they're in desperation mode in the playoffs. Like last season, when it took until game four for Splitter to replace Blair in the rotation.

tuncaboylu
02-07-2012, 01:55 AM

Diaw
Najera
Turiaf
Kaman
Carl Landry
Ben Wallace
Okur
Humphries
Magloire

Diaw would be an outstanding addition.

I don't believe that Nets will release Humphries, but i will get him in a heartbeat if they would.

tuncaboylu
02-07-2012, 02:11 AM

Logic fail because:

Gortat was waiting behind the most dominant player of last 10 years, and that player was playing 35+ minutes every night.
Robin is playing behind Gortat.

Gortat showed some potential in the rare absence of Howard when he find chance to play.
Robin played in starting 5 for one season. He showed his potential, and not high as expected.

Cory Joseph & This year's Spurs first rounder comparision is also wrong.
Cory Joseph was the 29th pick in a weak class. This year's Spurs first rounder will be between 20-25 in a deep class. So you should compare Kawhi Leonard, not Cory Joseph.

But despite all of those I agree to you about sending 1st rounder in exchange
of Lopez, because we don't have time to wait another rookie development. But I would never add Blair to that package. James Anderson + 1st rounder would be my offer.

DrSteffo
02-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Robin Lopez sucks and is not worth anything more than a 2nd round pick. Pass.

TJastal
02-07-2012, 10:24 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2011/06/288950-NBA-DRAFT-06_27_2001-306x322.jpg

Okay so some of them actually worked out pretty good. Thanks for the memory refresh. But still, I think we have to weigh the pros against the cons just like any other decision. Filling a position of need this year is just as important as prepping for the future.

And seeing as Tim Duncan has found a little hidden cache of the fountain of youth it is imperative the spurs take full advantage of it. Not next season, not the one after that, THIS season. Cuz who knows how long it will last. And he may just need that little extra boost in the paint to carry that fountain all the way through the playoffs.

And you can never have too much size in the paint. Certainly served Dallas well having three 7 footers in their title run last year (Chandler, Mahinmi, Haywood). That size played a big role and helped them immensely against teams like the lakers.

It's just that Pop doesn't seem to want to utilize two bigs with size anymore and on those rare occassions he's forced to do it (due to a match up or defensive adjustment or what have you) it clearly throws everyone out of sync because the spurs have very little actual practice or play time in those sets. This will have defenite playoff implications if the situation is not addressed properly now.

Given the current state of affairs where Tiago Splitter cannot even carve out a prominent role on the team (playing 2nd fiddle to a dunce and a soft ginger), I'd be very surprised to see Robin Lopez in a spurs uniform anytime soon.

therealtruth
02-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Okay so some of them actually worked out pretty good. Thanks for the memory refresh. But still, I think we have to weigh the pros against the cons just like any other decision. Filling a position of need this year is just as important as prepping for the future.

And seeing as Tim Duncan has found a little hidden cache of the fountain of youth it is imperative the spurs take full advantage of it. Not next season, not the one after that, THIS season. Cuz who knows how long it will last. And he may just need that little extra boost in the paint to carry that fountain all the way through the playoffs.

And you can never have too much size in the paint. Certainly served Dallas well having three 7 footers in their title run last year (Chandler, Mahinmi, Haywood). That size played a big role and helped them immensely against teams like the lakers.

It's just that Pop doesn't seem to want to utilize two bigs with size anymore and on those rare occassions he's forced to do it (due to a match up or defensive adjustment or what have you) it clearly throws everyone out of sync because the spurs have very little actual practice or play time in those sets. This will have defenite playoff implications if the situation is not addressed properly now.

Given the current state of affairs where Tiago Splitter cannot even carve out a prominent role on the team (playing 2nd fiddle to a dunce and a soft ginger), I'd be very surprised to see Robin Lopez in a spurs uniform anytime soon.

It's ridiculous because if a team could boast a frontcourt of two skilled 7 footers, like the Lakers, they will use them against the Spurs. Pop's treatment of Splitter is insane. Last year he had the Popologists convinced that Splitter was a scrub and injury prone.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Okay so some of them actually worked out pretty good. Thanks for the memory refresh.:lol

I'd be very surprised to see Robin Lopez in a spurs uniform anytime soon.Considering the idea was made up out of nothing, that's obvious.

colargol
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Diaw would be an outstanding addition.

I don't believe that Nets will release Humphries, but i will get him in a heartbeat if they would.

+1 :downspin:
Absolut fan for years......

Wild Cobra Kai
02-07-2012, 11:44 PM
+1 :downspin:
Absolut fan for years......

You haven't seen Diaw recently, then.

Mal
02-08-2012, 09:46 AM
You haven't seen Diaw recently, then.

Yeah fat and lazy, but who wouldnt be in Bobcats.

If traded....
He is in contract year. He can play.