PDA

View Full Version : So even though Brady completely choked in the 2nd half....

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Watch the defense get blamed regardless of how well they played.

Brady gets blamed more than anyone for this loss and it's not even close. The offensive line played amazing, the defense kept them in the game and played well throughout, Brady fucked up completely.

lefty
02-05-2012, 10:18 PM
COugh

Hernandez

COugh

Branch

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2012, 10:18 PM
The game was over by the time they dropped key passes on that last drive.

Brady get's the lionshare of the blame with Welker close behind.

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Brady only had 1 impressive game out of the 3, tbh, and the impressive game came against a Broncos team that was content to simply have made it as far as they did..

The Patriots defense was sufficient, in all 3 games, they easily exceeded any expectations..

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Yup, the defense played very well especially since the Giants had the ball for 37 minutes and the Patriots offense couldn't stay on the field. You can't expect them to keep the Giants offense scoreless the entire 4th quarter.

I fully expect the defense to get blamed tomorrow even though Brady/Welker obviously were the main fuck ups.

manufan10
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Branch and a couple of screw ups too.. where he should have sat in the passing window, but continued to run through it.

midnightpulp
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM
The game was over by the time they dropped key passes on that last drive.

Brady get's the lionshare of the blame with Welker close behind.

They were up and could've all but sealed the game when Welker inspired mono to have one of his legendary meltdowns.

HarlemHeat37
02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I didn't see the replay of the Welker drop..was it a perfect pass?..

Proxy
02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
So the receivers being covered had nothing to do with it? He did everything within his capacity. The only fuck up he had was trusting Gronkowski signaling he was open on the deep int

DAF86
02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm no Brady fan but he was one dropped pass away from winning superbowl MVP.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2012, 10:26 PM
So the receivers being covered had nothing to do with it? He did everything within his capacity. The only fuck up he had was trusting Gronkowski signaling he was open on the deep int
Gronkowski was open when he signaled. The problem is Tom Brady's deep ball sucks royal cock and is always thrown behind the receiver.

Proxy
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM

Not perfect. It would have been a difficult catch, but he got both hands on the ball. At that point, I would say it goes on Welker to catch it in a Superbowl.

DJ Mbenga

looked good enough. He was turned on the catch not sure if its welker or Brady's fault

midnightpulp

Wasn't a perfect pass, but a pass any competent NFL receiver catches 99.99999999999999999999% of the time.

midnightpulp
02-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Gronkowski was open when he signaled. The problem is Tom Brady's deep ball sucks royal cock and is always thrown behind the receiver.

This is true.

vander
02-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Brady = system QB

he's nothing without BB, and BB easily wins 3+ SBs without Brady

Proxy

He was falling down. The line broke down and the receivers weren't open. Unlike basketball, football depends on more variables... that play was great Giants defense and a bad decision on Gronk and Brady

DUNCANownsKOBE
Not perfect. It would have been a difficult catch, but he got both hands on the ball. At that point, I would say it goes on Welker to catch it in a Superbowl.
I agree there, it's definitely something Welker should catch and any true #1 receiver would catch. It's also not like that was Brady's only opportunity to get separation from the Giants. He had multiple opportunities to make it a multi-possession game and failed on all of them.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
He was falling down. The line broke down and the receivers weren't open. Unlike basketball, football depends on more variables... that play was great Giants defense and a bad decision on Gronk and Brady
The ball was thrown behind Gronk. He had a step on Blackburn or whatever his name is but Brady's deep pass always requires the receiver to come back for the ball and catch it over the guy he blew by in coverage.

Proxy
02-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Brady = system QB

What do you mean system QB? You play to the system your coach uses... that has to be one of the dumbest terms I've ever heard... and then you imply it to Tom Brady? Please stop talking.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid enough to think Brady is a system QB (and it really doesn't make sense to think that when BB has a below .500 record w/o Brady), but his deep ball has always been unreliable and horrible. Deep ball receivers not named Randy Moss have always clicked horribly with Brady.

Proxy
02-05-2012, 10:35 PM
The ball was thrown behind Gronk. He had a step on Blackburn or whatever his name is but Brady's deep pass always requires the receiver to come back for the ball and catch it over the guy he blew by in coverage.

I digress... that goes entirely on Brady. Gronkowski is less than 100 percent, you're falling backwards with a non-dominant deep ball... very dumb idea to try and make something spectacular out of a doomed play.

Proxy
02-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid enough to think Brady is a system QB (and it really doesn't make sense to think that when BB has a below .500 record w/o Brady), but his deep ball has always been unreliable and horrible. Deep ball receivers not named Randy Moss have always clicked horribly with Brady.

I agree with the deep ball thing.

midnightpulp
02-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Brady = system QB

Sarcasm?

vander
02-05-2012, 10:47 PM
What do you mean system QB? You play to the system your coach uses... that has to be one of the dumbest terms I've ever heard... and then you imply it to Tom Brady? Please stop talking.

meaning product of BB's system. meaning he is the beneficiary of a better offensive scheme, meaning he doesn't make the offense go, he just follows the plan and makes the throws he's supposed to.

BB needs to get a new QB tbh

monosylab1k
02-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Dont forget also that Brady had about 15 yards of daylight and could easily have run for a first down, even as slow as he is. Instead he throws a shitty bomb that was 10 yards short of a receiver with one functioning leg.

Proxy
meaning product of BB's system. meaning he is the beneficiary of a better offensive scheme, meaning he doesn't make the offense go, he just follows the plan and makes the throws he's supposed to.

Well you're wrong. I hate it when people try and act like they know something they aren't educated about.

DUNCANownsKOBE
The truth is when BB and Brady were winning superbowls they had a fuckin stacked coaching staff. Romeo Crennel at DC, swag Charlie Weis at OC, McDaniels as QB coach, Eric Magina, etc. That was a fuckin swol staff from top to bottom imo

ELIte Manning
02-05-2012, 10:50 PM

Holy shit you're retarded:rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE

Why does BB have a below .500 record w/o Brady?

crc21209
:lol Be real. The dropped pass by Welker on the drive that could have ended the game cost them, and then the drops by Branch and Hernandez fucked them as well.....

Proxy
02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
The truth is when BB and Brady were winning superbowls they had a fuckin stacked coaching staff. Romeo Crennel at DC, swag Charlie Weis at OC, McDaniels as QB coach, Eric Magina, etc. That was a fuckin swol staff from top to bottom imo

Yep. Same with Parcells when he got his.

vander
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Well you're wrong. I hate it when people try and act like they know something they aren't educated about.

this is why I've wanted BB to trade Brady for a while now, so everyone could see just how average and lucky Brady was

monosylab1k
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
The Ryan Mallett era cant start soon enough imhfo

vander
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Why does BB have a below .500 record w/o Brady?

most teams don't keep a second starting-quality QB on the roster, what with the salary cap and all

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-05-2012, 10:55 PM
most teams don't keep a second starting-quality QB on the roster, what with the salary cap and all
I'm talking about Belichick's record before Brady. He's gone 11-5 while Brady was injured, but he's still a below .500 coach without Brady. Ask any Browns fan what they think of his coaching.

vander
02-05-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm talking about Belichick's record before Brady. He's gone 11-5 while Brady was injured, but he's still a below .500 coach without Brady. Ask any Browns fan what they think of his coaching.

different situation, different ownership, he wasn't the GM, he was much less experienced, etc. etc.

today, Belichick could take this Pats team to the SB with any of the top 15 QBs in the league, maybe even 15-20.

He's now lost 2 straight with Brady, it's time to move on

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2012, 11:12 PM
different situation, different ownership, he wasn't the GM, he was much less experienced, etc. etc.

today, Belichick could take this Pats team to the SB with any of the top 15 QBs in the league, maybe even 15-20.

Name me the top 15-20 qbs in the league. Outside of the top 5, I'd love to know who you'd substitute for Brady:lol

midnightpulp
02-05-2012, 11:14 PM

Lol at "losing 2 Superbowls" means "having to move on." You know hard it is just to get to a fuckin' SB? Ask your Chargers. Belichick with Brady under center has been to more Superbowls in the past 4 years than the Chargers have in their entire franchise history.

Lol at Chargerfan.

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Knowing vander, he would take Tebow over Brady

Pelicans78
02-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Watching the Pats, for a 13 win team, they don't overwhelm. I do agree that Brady didn't step up and lost a winnable game. Hurts his legacy, especially compared to the gold standard in Montana who took a shitty Chiefs team to the AFC Title game at the age of 59.

midnightpulp
02-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Knowing vander, he would take Tebow over Brady

And Phyllis Rivers :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Joe Cool is the best quarterback of alltime, no question imo. Yeah, he played with great talent and in a great system, yeah he played with Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, John Taylor, a great o-line and a great defense, but he was as clutch as they come. Marino was the best pure passer, Peyton had tremendous accuracy, but Joe Cool won 4 rings (in 4 tries) and threw 11 tds to 0 ints in the SBs.

Eli might be the closest thing to Joe's "playoff" clutchness since then, and he still has many years left with a young and talented WR corps.

Who else would be? Not Peyton, Brady has been awful in 5 of his last 6 playoff games...Ben is up there, but Eli has more GW playoff drives.

dirk4mvp
02-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Eli is just too based IMHO.

I love that goofy sonofa bitch.

DeadlyDynasty
02-05-2012, 11:29 PM
And Phyllis Rivers :lmao

Oh you just know he's on his list:lol

Eli is just too based IMHO.

I love that goofy sonofa bitch.

He's a fucking badass. Throws a pick-6, no emotion. Gets crushed on a sack, no emotion. Leads 2 GW SB drives, no emotion.

Dude is a fucking machine:lol

dirk4mvp
02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Rebels

Fabbs
02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Disagree. Brady threw a "jumpball" that Gronk could have muscled for, bad ankle and all. As it was he pretty much pussed out on getting the "rebound".

Altho Gronks ankle may have been just too wasted.

Welcome to Phillip Rivers world. Except Rivers throws a perfect jump ball and gets uber pussy Vincent Jackson to give zero effort.

Pelicans78
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM
All Rivers does is throw jump balls to his 6'5 receivers.

JoeTait75
02-05-2012, 11:53 PM

He didn't have Tom Brady, either.

My guess is, no slam intended, Belichick won't win a title w/o Brady. Other than Joe Gibbs most of the great coaches won their titles w/one quarterback.

IMO most of the drops tonight were poor throws. They could have been caught- Welker should have caught that long one- but they weren't on the screws.

IMO the Giants are just a better team overall than New England.

Fabbs
02-06-2012, 12:43 AM
All Rivers does is throw jump balls to his 6'5 receivers.
And his 6'5" receiver Vincent Jackson pussys out to a 5'9" db.
Malkie Floyd, now there's a guy who will fight for a ball. Too injury prone tho....

Bradys legacy takes huge hit.

Edward
02-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Phyllis Rivers has now missed the playoffs two straight times, it's time for San Diego to move on.

BlackSwordsMan
02-06-2012, 08:41 AM
gizele bunchkin blaming his team mates for losing :cry

DeadlyDynasty
02-06-2012, 08:55 AM
gizele bunchkin blaming his team mates for losing :cry

:lol Here's the video

http://www.theinsider.com/gossip/49452_Gisele_Bashes_Tom_s_Teammates/

BlackSwordsMan
02-06-2012, 09:13 AM
That's a woman who has his back. What a lovely woman

stretch
02-06-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't think Brady was bad at all. He had a couple bad desicions, but he played well enough for them to win. Honestly, the defense wasn't bad at all either, there were a BUNCH of times where they defended about as well as you can ask, Eli just somehow fit a pass in the smallest of spaces, and his receivers made some amazingly focuses catches as well.

It certainly isn't a chokejob whatsoever. I think the Pats simply lost to a superior, more focused team this time around. Sure, the Pats had a lead, and were one drop away from icing the game, but in football, its not exactly uncommon for inferior teams to win, as the Patriots should know better than anyone, from 2007. Just IMO, the Giants were a better overall football team than the Pats.

leemajors
02-06-2012, 11:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/anevilfrog/bradypalm-600x400.jpg

Blake
02-06-2012, 03:00 PM

Yes.

Brady's pass was a laser and the ball lodged perfectly between the back of Welker's helmet and back shoulder pad.

Welker got all freaked out and knocked it down.

A true #1 receiver would recognize.

Blake
02-06-2012, 03:04 PM

Wow you are even dumber than originally thought.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't think Brady was bad at all. He had a couple bad desicions, but he played well enough for them to win. Honestly, the defense wasn't bad at all either, there were a BUNCH of times where they defended about as well as you can ask, Eli just somehow fit a pass in the smallest of spaces, and his receivers made some amazingly focuses catches as well.

It certainly isn't a chokejob whatsoever. I think the Pats simply lost to a superior, more focused team this time around. Sure, the Pats had a lead, and were one drop away from icing the game, but in football, its not exactly uncommon for inferior teams to win, as the Patriots should know better than anyone, from 2007. Just IMO, the Giants were a better overall football team than the Pats.

So you think Brady scoring a touchdown on the opening drive of the 2nd half, then not producing any points at all the rest of the game wasn't choking? He had countless opportunities to make it a 2 score game and failed to do so.

Blake
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
So you think Brady scoring a touchdown on the opening drive of the 2nd half, then not producing any points at all the rest of the game wasn't choking? He had countless opportunities to make it a 2 score game and failed to do so.

There was a hit Brady took on his bum shoulder somewhere in the third where he just wasn't the same afterwards.

Maybe he choked a bit, but so did Wes, Hernandez, and a number of other Patriots.

stretch
02-06-2012, 03:17 PM

Not really when looking at the circumstances. First off, the Giants did a great job of keeping the ball as long as possible and limiting the chances Brady and the Patriots offense had to score.

Wes Welker had a ball (although slightly overthrown) right in his hands, which almost certainly would have iced the game.

Also, as soon as the Pats went up 17, they completely abandoned what was working best, which was dink-and-dunking their way down field. They started running the ball and trying to use play-action to set up big plays, which hadn't worked at any point in the game for them. If they kept going with what was working, who knows what could have happened? By time they started going back to passing the ball, it was too late and there was only 50 seconds on the clock and a long field to march down, and they had no choice but to try taking shots downfield. They did a great job in the 2 drives where they scored TDs, of attacking the slower OLB's of the Giants, with Hernandez and Woodhead, and for whatever reason they completely abandoned it.

If anything, I think Bill deserves more blame than Brady.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2012, 03:25 PM
There was a hit Brady took on his bum shoulder somewhere in the third where he just wasn't the same afterwards.

Maybe he choked a bit, but so did Wes, Hernandez, and a number of other Patriots.
I hope you're being sarcastic with that bum shoulder thing :lol, Cris Collinsworth loves to make big deals out of nothing or come up with shit to create a story.

My favorite was when he said right after a Ninkovich sack that Ninkovich, "Was a guy merely hoping for a roster spot as a long snapper" to open the season when it was basically a sure thing he'd be a starter since the beginning of training camp.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Not really when looking at the circumstances. First off, the Giants did a great job of keeping the ball as long as possible and limiting the chances Brady and the Patriots offense had to score.

Wes Welker had a ball (although slightly overthrown) right in his hands, which almost certainly would have iced the game.

Also, as soon as the Pats went up 17, they completely abandoned what was working best, which was dink-and-dunking their way down field. They started running the ball and trying to use play-action to set up big plays, which hadn't worked at any point in the game for them. If they kept going with what was working, who knows what could have happened? By time they started going back to passing the ball, it was too late and there was only 50 seconds on the clock and a long field to march down, and they had no choice but to try taking shots downfield. They did a great job in the 2 drives where they scored TDs, of attacking the slower OLB's of the Giants, with Hernandez and Woodhead, and for whatever reason they completely abandoned it.

If anything, I think Bill deserves more blame than Brady.
The coaching staff undoubtedly deserves blame, but the problem with dinking and dunking is that eventually defenses move the safeties up and stop allowing it. That's why I blame Brady's inability to stretch the field, as I did after the last Giants game. It's not as simple as, "They went away from dink and dunk," the Giants started defending the dink and dunk. If Brady as you hinted at was able to throw an accurate finesse pass to Welker, the game woulda been iced. I still blame Welker for dropping it but it was a horribly thrown pass.

I also know he's not a stud RB or anything, but BJGE had some shoe string tackles in the backfield he should have been able to run through.

manufan10
02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
^ Every guy has a long feel good story according to Chris Collinsworth. :lol

Blake
02-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I hope you're being sarcastic with that bum shoulder thing :lol, Cris Collinsworth loves to make big deals out of nothing or come up with shit to create a story.

No sarcasm. I didn't think he looked quite right after the hit. Jim Rome even mentioned Brady's stats before and after the hit.

stretch
02-06-2012, 04:07 PM
The coaching staff undoubtedly deserves blame, but the problem with dinking and dunking is that eventually defenses move the safeties up and stop allowing it. That's why I blame Brady's inability to stretch the field, as I did after the last Giants game. It's not as simple as, "They went away from dink and dunk," the Giants started defending the dink and dunk. If Brady as you hinted at was able to throw an accurate finesse pass to Welker, the game woulda been iced. I still blame Welker for dropping it but it was a horribly thrown pass.

I also know he's not a stud RB or anything, but BJGE had some shoe string tackles in the backfield he should have been able to run through.

I won't argue too much against this, but I do think they still could have utilized the short pass more than they ended up doing.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
The biggest issue is that Brady's best/most lethal receiver who requires more game planning than any other weapon he has was a decoy in this game and that's it. If Gronk was healthy New England close the game easily.

Blake
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
The biggest issue is that Brady's best/most lethal receiver who requires more game planning than any other weapon he has was a decoy in this game and that's it. If Gronk was healthy New England close the game easily.

I think the Pats would have been better off not playing Gronk.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I think the Pats would have been better off not playing Gronk.
I disagree only because they literally don't have any other true tight end on the roster. If they still had Alge Crumpler I'd agree 100%

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
It's also too predictable that a Bernard Pollard caused injury cost them a superbowl.

stretch
02-06-2012, 05:18 PM
It's also too predictable that a Bernard Pollard caused injury cost them a superbowl.

so who is more hated in Patriot-land?

Eli or Pollard?

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Prior to this superbowl at least Eli wasn't hated THAT much while Pollard was still considered the anti-Christ. Maybe another Eli superbowl changes it but it's still Pollard by a long shot IMO.