PDA

View Full Version : Amare's brother killed

cheguevara
02-06-2012, 12:37 PM
:(

"Amare Stoudemire's brother dies"

The brother of New York Knicks star Amare Stoudemire died in a car accident early Monday morning in Florida, a team spokesman confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.

The Florida Highway Patrol issued a report that said Hazell Stoudemire was driving a Cadillac Escalade north on U.S. 27 in Lake Wales, Fla., at a high rate of speed and collided with the rear of a tractor trailer at 1:42 a.m. ET. The report said that the 35-year-old was not wearing a seatbelt and was declared dead at the scene. Police are awaiting test results to see if alcohol was involved in the accident.

The team said that Stoudemire is traveling to Florida to be with his family and will not be with the team for Monday night's game against the Jazz in New York. The team did not know when he will return.

Amare Stoudemire is a former Mr. Basketball in Florida and went straight to the NBA out of high school. He grew up in the Lake Wales area, which is in central Florida.

BlackSwordsMan
02-06-2012, 12:52 PM
jr smith takes another one :cry

pass1st
02-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Knick jokes aside, RIP, losing your bro can be hard.

lurker
02-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Even though Amar'e can be a tool, I've always admired the fact that he managed to stay out of trouble and follow his dream considering how fucked up his family is. Unfortunately, Hazell followed in his parent's footsteps and turned to a life of drugs and alcohol abuse and has been arrested on numerous occasions.

I hope Amar'e has found a good support system in his life to get him through this.

Chris Fall
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't think Amare will rebound

Chris Fall
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
from this, I meant rebound from this

lefty
02-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Those bad jokes ..........

BlackSwordsMan
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
i hope lefty rebound's from this

Giuseppe
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
"I'm going there to see my father. I'm going there no more to roam."

BlackSwordsMan
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM

:rolleyes

stretch
02-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Those bad jokes ..........

You know you suck ass if lefty is calling you out for bad jokes.

redzero
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM

Would Hedo Turkoglu have worn a seatbelt?

ElNono
02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Rip

hater
02-06-2012, 01:41 PM
http://raysindex.com/GIFs/e02.gif

:lol CP is such a bitch

oh and RIP

timvp
02-06-2012, 01:52 PM
*Googles Hazell Stoudemire*

*Clicks on first link*

*Realizes its Hazell Stoudemire's sex offender profile*

*Reads how he's a 6-foot-9, 350-pounder who was convicted of sexual abuse against a minor*

*Decides whether to pull a Joe Paterno or speak up*

Good riddance, tbh.

Giuseppe
02-06-2012, 01:53 PM
^Media won't touch that part of it. Uh, uh.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Wow. That's quite a rap sheet. Still, family's family. Gotta be tough for Amare right now. Never been a fan but I have to agree with Lurker. You see athletes getting in trouble all the time because they fall into old habits with old friends that they should have left behind a long time ago. Can't be easy to rise about that shit when the most poisonous influences are you own flesh and blood.

lurker
02-06-2012, 02:04 PM
*Googles Hazell Stoudemire*

*Clicks on first link*

*Realizes its Hazell Stoudemire's sex offender profile*

*Reads how he's a 6-foot-9, 350-pounder who was convicted of sexual abuse against a minor*

*Decides whether to pull a Joe Paterno or speak up*

Good riddance, tbh.
I don't blame anyone for feeling that way, but the chain reaction his death might cause is really unfortunate. Amar'e has children that don't need to go through the same things he did.

timvp
02-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Amare's children will be safer with him gone, tbh.

If his brother just had a rap sheet full of drug offenses or other type of crime associated with growing up rough, I'd understand. Hell, even murder could be explained away as part of that life.

But sexual abuse of a minor? Uh, not so much.

cheguevara
02-06-2012, 02:26 PM
be that as it may, blood is blood. your brother dying tragically is still your brother dying tragically.

pass1st
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Was he a kid fucker or did he just come across one of those 14 year old girls that develop too early? If it's the former, hope he enjoys hell. If it's the latter, meh, teenage girls are sluts these days.

Giuseppe
02-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Was he a kid fucker or did he just come across one of those 14 year old girls that develop too early? If it's the former, hope he enjoys hell. If it's the latter, meh, teenage girls are sluts these days.

Pass

lurker
02-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Amare's children will be safer with him gone, tbh.

If his brother just had a rap sheet full of drug offenses or other type of crime associated with growing up rough, I'd understand. Hell, even murder could be explained away as part of that life.

But sexual abuse of a minor? Uh, not so much.
It's easy to accept that the world might be better off without someone when they don't share your blood. To some people, family is everything, and they won't turn their back on their family no matter how much pain they cause them. And you also have the religion factor where people are taught that "God" wants them to have forgiveness in their hearts and leave the judging to him. How often do we hear a victim of murder's family stating that they've forgiven the person that took their loved one's life because that's what they believe God wants them to do?

I do not feel any sadness for Hazell, only Amar'e.

mavs>spurs
02-06-2012, 03:10 PM

Yeah, I have to know the full details before I go so far as to say good riddance. But as far as child molesters go, fuck em.

cheguevara
02-06-2012, 03:14 PM
yup. let's not too quick to judge. Even Gary Neal was a few months away from similar charge.

BlackSwordsMan
02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
:cry you guys are mean stop being assholes and then you fags find out he was a child molester and now all the hate comes

z0sa
02-06-2012, 03:22 PM
black jesus couldn't save him?!

Reck
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM
How does a thread about someone dying turns into a joke mockery?

Have some respect people. Wow.

RIP Stat's bro.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Even though Amar'e can be a tool, I've always admired the fact that he managed to stay out of trouble and follow his dream considering how fucked up his family is.
As big an Amare fan as I am, it's a lot easier to follow your dream in spite of a fucked up family when you're 6'9" and athletic.

ElNono
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
So he wasn't killed... :tu

cheguevara
02-06-2012, 05:46 PM
"Amar'e Stoudemire's brother killed in car crash" - NY Daily News

you make the call

Muser
02-06-2012, 05:46 PM
How does a thread about someone dying turns into a joke mockery?

Have some respect people. Wow.

RIP Stat's bro.

Because he was a kiddy fucker.

cheguevara
02-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Because he was a kiddy fucker.

"He pleaded guilty to child abuse after being accused of getting a minor pregnant in 2004. He went back to jail for eight months.

possibly, or possibly he thought she was 18. He was a felon and only got 8 months, no way the minor was a "kiddie" IMO

In 2008, his ex-wife accused him of raping her, but he was acquitted. She later recanted and pleaded guilty to perjury."

looks like this man had a rough life. RIP

that is why not a good thing to jump into conclusions.

lurker
02-06-2012, 06:55 PM
As big an Amare fan as I am, it's a lot easier to follow your dream in spite of a fucked up family when you're 6'9" and athletic.
Height doesn't automatically make you a basketball player, he still had to put in the hard work to become successful at it while also maintaining passing grades and staying out of trouble. Nothing easy about that with all the distractions and bad influences he had around him.

Solid D
02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Very sad.

Any time I read or hear about this type of accident, I immediately wonder...UI or smartphone?

BoricuaCJA
02-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Sad that happened. I've had this happen to some people close to me(a really good childhood friend) and I feel for Amare and his family. My prayers go out to them.