PDA

View Full Version : Santorum fights back ahead of latest primaries

JoeChalupa
02-06-2012, 08:58 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/06/10334635-santorum-fights-back-ahead-of-latest-primaries?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GOLDEN, Colo. -- Rick Santorum is fighting back after a barrage of attacks from rival Mitt Romney ahead of three primary season contests that could give the former Pennsylvania senator his best day on the campaign trail since winning the Iowa caucus.

"Gov. Romney, on that vitally important issue of ObamaCare, is in fact the weakest candidate that we could put up," Santorum told reporters after a speech here at the Colorado School of Mines. "Campaigns are about ideas, and on the ideas that matter most to the American people right now, he's on the wrong side."

Santorum traveled to Colorado after a morning speech where he delivered a blistering critique of the health care law Romney signed as governor of Massachusetts. A policy, Santorum says, that forced individuals to become dependent on government and was the basis for the law President Obama signed in 2010.

For a candidate who has not finished better than third since winning Iowa, Santorum has received an unusually high amount of attention from the frontrunner. Opposition emails from the Romney camp and conference calls with surrogates have bashed Santorum for his record on earmarks and his 2008 endorsement of his now rival.

It is no coincidence that the attacks come just one day before the Colorado and Minnesota caucuses and Missouri primary -- all states where Santorum is showing strength and may even have a chance to win.

He'll watch returns Tuesday night in Missouri, whose non-binding contest will not have Newt Gingrich on the ballot, and where campaign advisers say he'll show his strength against Romney in a field without Gingrich.

"Our hope is that conservatives who are stepping back and looking at the race and making the same calculation that I've just made that a Romney nomination would not be in the best interest of us winning the general election and we need to have a conservative alternative," he said.

"My feeling is that Speaker Gingrich sort of had his chance in the arena and came up short in Florida and Nevada and now it's our turn hopefully to get a one-on-one in Missouri, which we have."

Monday's address on health care was the second time in as many weeks that the Santorum camp has billed a campaign stop as a major health care speech. The former Massachusetts governor's support of a health care bill containing a mandate has been a term the GOP presidential hopeful brings out almost daily on the campaign trail. It's a message that has not been received well since the Hawkeye State, but Romney attacks show neighboring states like Minnesota may be tuning in.

But Santorum dismissed any criticisms that his attacks could do nothing more than bring down the eventual nominee.

"Let me assure you that the president will do a much better job and a much, much, much more caustic job of doing that than I will, which is just basically talking about his record and that's all I talk about and I suspect the president will embellish that quite a bit more than I have," said Santorum.

But he did not rule out sharing a ticket with a man he has fiercely criticized throughout his campaign. "I'm not going to run as a third party, but I will do whatever I can to make sure Barack Obama is not the next president of the United States," he said.

~~~Rick needs to light a fire under his ass but he clearly has some family concerns he has had to deal with and I commend him for that. He is now my favorite GOP candidate although some of his views on gays and contraception are far too right for me.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Who?

Bartleby
02-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Who?

Just Google his name.

cheguevara
02-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Just Google his name.

:lmao

cheguevara
02-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Rick Santorum Electrifies a Black Church Audience :lol
http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=plantsmantxEAF9DAF1-8C99-DD78-A301-8452195AE2D0.jpg&width=660

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lysrbvwSrJ1qmzxy4o1_400.gif

mercos
02-06-2012, 11:36 PM
I think it is to late for Santorum to come back. Romney has the momentum and more importantly the money. The way he buried Gingrich in Florida is his blue print for future states if the race gets tight again. I don't think anyone in the GOP field can topple him when he outspends them 5 to 1.

JoeChalupa
02-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Not so fast....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/02/07/santorum-leads-in-missouri-minnesota.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mitt Romney may be the GOP frontrunner, but Rick Santorum is all set to have a great night in Tuesday’s primaries. A new poll by Public Policy Polling shows Santorum with a large lead over Romney in Missouri (45 to 32 percent) and a significant lead in Minnesota (33 to 24 percent). Santorum trails only in one of Tuesday night’s three states, Colorado, where Romney leads by 10 percent. “Rick Santorum has the potential to firmly establish himself as the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney today,” said Dean Debnam, the president of the polling group.

boutons_deux
02-07-2012, 11:35 AM
InSaneTorum won't ever be the nominee, just like Noot and Ayn Rand's Man. The Repug powers don't want them, the 1% won't finance them.

It's media fluff trying to up viewership (ad buys). America is for sale, and elections are businesses.

JoeChalupa
02-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Santorum wins Missouri and Minnesota. This is not good for Willard.

FromWayDowntown
02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Santorum, at least in some photos, reminds me of Tim Donaghy. [/randomness]

JoeChalupa
02-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Santorum and Willard are neck and neck in Colorado. He is also changing his tone and is now going to attack Obama in his speech.

AFBlue
02-07-2012, 11:34 PM
The biggest beneficiary of the latest job numbers isn't President Obama...it's this guy. If the economy is less of an issue going into the general election, then the nominee needs to be able to draw stark contrast on others issues. Both Paul and Santorum accomplish that, but only Santorum has a foreign policy view that's acceptable to the Republican base.

We may be seeing a real shift in the direction of the Republican electorate.

Pelicans78
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Republicans are still stupid. At least in the Midwest.

boutons_deux
02-08-2012, 12:23 AM
"real shift in the direction of the Republican electorate."

Polls show that poor (registered?) Repugs think govt should be doing more to help them, not less. Richer, sociopathic Repugs are the ones that want less help for the poor (Repugs).

iow, "we got ours, fuck all y'all"

Repug people want the EPA untouched, Repug politicians want the EPA disbanded.

ElNono
02-08-2012, 12:41 AM
The biggest beneficiary of the latest job numbers isn't President Obama...it's this guy. If the economy is less of an issue going into the general election, then the nominee needs to be able to draw stark contrast on others issues. Both Paul and Santorum accomplish that, but only Santorum has a foreign policy view that's acceptable to the Republican base.

We may be seeing a real shift in the direction of the Republican electorate.

Frankly, Barry just needs to say "I killed OBL" and that just shits on anything foreign policy these guys can throw at him.

Ultimately, whoever wins the GOP nomination will have to lean to the middle, and that's why Santorum is less of a desirable candidate than Romney.

baseline bum
02-08-2012, 12:50 AM
But Santorum can say he made sure we looked all over Iraq for Osama.

ElNono
02-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Looks like he nailed Colorado too...

Pelicans78
02-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Looks like Bush is the gold standard Republican since Santorum is no different.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2012, 03:50 AM
I'm not sure Santorum is worse than Romney. They'll just bankrupt us for different reasons and at different rates.

I think Obama will bury either of them. I hope. And at this moment that's like hoping for a group of bees in your pants instead of a rattlesnake.

Jacob1983
02-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Bush sucked ass and he fucked up America pretty bad but at least he got shit done when he was president. When he had an idea even if it was a stupid idea, he got it done. The same can't be said for Obama.

2012 will probably be like 2004 with both candidates sucking ass and voters will use the lesser of two evils or which one will fuck up the country less.

Drachen
02-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Bush sucked ass and he fucked up America pretty bad but at least he got shit done when he was president. When he had an idea even if it was a stupid idea, he got it done. The same can't be said for Obama.

2012 will probably be like 2004 with both candidates sucking ass and voters will use the lesser of two evils or which one will fuck up the country less.

Orly?

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWmaWdnr5gzoYpJfoPM1NfG1TQVTtXU 5WjOhw0XgpfPu2HDR7ivA

Hello

JohnnyMarzetti
02-08-2012, 09:24 AM

What a stupid statement. What Dumbya got done screwed America for years to come.

cheguevara
02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
What a stupid statement. What Dumbya got done screwed America for years to come.

yup.

Goran Dragic
02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Did you take a xanex before you posted this?

Goran Dragic
02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure Santorum is worse than Romney.
Santorum would be worse than Bush.

boutons_deux
02-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Fact That No One Likes Him May Be Hurting Romney

Could Foil Bid to Become First Openly Assholic President

DENVER – Exit polls from last night’s Republican contests reveal that former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney’s key obstacle to gaining the GOP nomination is the fact that voters cannot stand him.

According to Davis Logsdon, who conducted the polls for the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Institute, “Despite his superb organization, funding, and ground game, Mitt Romney is having trouble overcoming the perception among voters that he is a ginormous dick.”

Mr. Logsdon said that these obstacles “could prove fatal to his historic bid to become the nation’s first openly assholic President.”

Exit polls taken last night bear out that theory, with a majority of voters agreeing with the statement, “I think Mitt Romney is so odious, I would rather vote for a random doofus I’ve never heard of who goes around in sweater vests.”

The beneficiary of that sentiment last night was former Sen. Rick Santorum, who told supporters at a victory rally in Missouri, “I support the rights of the unborn child until it’s born and wants a gay marriage.”

Speaking to supporters in Denver, Mr. Romney uttered what some political experts are calling a possible gaffe: “I don’t care about all the people who didn’t vote for me. They just envy my massive wealth. And poor people? They can curl up die, and I won’t lose a wink of sleep. I bet you a million crisp dollars from my vault in Geneva.”

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

Winehole23
02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
The way he buried Gingrich in Florida is his blue print for future states if the race gets tight again. I don't think anyone in the GOP field can topple him when he outspends them 5 to 1.I'd be willing to bet Romney outspent Santorum in all the states he won last night by a margin of something like 5-1.

CosmicCowboy
02-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm really shocked at yesterdays results. I really had counted out Santorum after Florida.

boutons_deux
02-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Religion makes people stupid.

cheguevara
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
This is what you get for kissing The Donald's ring :lmao

Winehole23
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Religion makes people stupid.Hatred of religion and religious people does something similar.

cheguevara
02-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Hatred of religion and religious people does something similar.

I have yet to see atheists kill one single religious person because of their beliefs.

Winehole23
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
relates to the stupidity hypothesis how?

boutons_deux
02-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Hatred of religion and religious people does something similar.

Who's hating?

I'm just stating facts "inconvenient" to people suckered by Religion into voting for culture-war assholes like InSaneTorum, for whom same-sex marriage leads to bestiality and the destruction of different-sex marriage.

Winehole23
02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
no discernible hate in that post either. my bad, boutons.

vy65
02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
I have yet to see atheists kill one single religious person because of their beliefs.

lol

As for the Russian Orthodox Church, Soviet authorities sought to control it and, in times of national crisis, to exploit it for the regime's own purposes; but their ultimate goal was to eliminate it. During the first five years of Soviet power, the Bolsheviks executed 28 Russian Orthodox bishops and over 1,200 Russian Orthodox priests. Many others were imprisoned or exiled. Believers were harassed and persecuted. Most seminaries were closed, and the publication of most religious material was prohibited. By 1941 only 500 churches remained open out of about 54,000 in existence prior to World War I.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union

Das Texan
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Santorum winning Colorado is the real shocker of the night, well along with Romney finishing 3rd in Minnesota.

Too bad Santorum isnt on the Virginia ballot.

Winehole23
02-08-2012, 11:55 AM
lol

As for the Russian Orthodox Church, Soviet authorities sought to control it and, in times of national crisis, to exploit it for the regime's own purposes; but their ultimate goal was to eliminate it. During the first five years of Soviet power, the Bolsheviks executed 28 Russian Orthodox bishops and over 1,200 Russian Orthodox priests. Many others were imprisoned or exiled. Believers were harassed and persecuted. Most seminaries were closed, and the publication of most religious material was prohibited. By 1941 only 500 churches remained open out of about 54,000 in existence prior to World War I.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union-zing!-

cheguevara
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM

Soviet govmnt killing off religious leaders was not because of their hate of religious people. It was to preserve Communism. They were also killing anybody who was against Soviet government.

In other words they would kill any threat to Communism. Religious leaders were just one of the group of many.

vy65
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM

Soviet govmnt killing off religious leaders was not because of their hate of religious people. It was to preserve Communism. They were also killing anybody who was against Soviet government.

In other words they would kill any threat to Communism. Religious leaders were just one of the group of many.

lol "atheists never killed christians"
lol wrong again

State atheism in the Soviet Union was known as gosateizm, and was based on the ideology of Marxism–Leninism. As the founder of the Soviet state, V. I. Lenin, put it:

Religion is the opium of the people: this saying of Marx is the cornerstone of the entire ideology of Marxism about religion. All modern religions and churches, all and of every kind of religious organizations are always considered by Marxism as the organs of bourgeois reaction, used for the protection of the exploitation and the stupefaction of the working class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union

cheguevara
02-08-2012, 02:29 PM

Reading comprehension helps.

Again, communists would kill a religious person for the same reason they kill a pro-democracy person, because they could be a threat to communism, not because of what they believe.

Winehole23
02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Religious activities were defined by the USSR as reactionary, ergo, an officially atheist state did not kill Orthodox Christians for their religion, but for holding socially retrograde beliefs that posed a threat to communist rule. Orthodox bishops were dangerous enemies of the political state, not persecuted martyrs of conscience...it was an internal security matter...Sounds like someone swallowed the party line on this one.

JoeChalupa
02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
How long can Santorum's campaign last once Willard's PAC's unleash their wrath and crush him just like they did Newt?

vy65
02-08-2012, 03:26 PM

Reading comprehension helps.

Again, communists would kill a religious person for the same reason they kill a pro-democracy person, because they could be a threat to communism, not because of what they believe.

This is comical.

Christians were killed because their religious belief supposedly threatened the state. The reason why a communist would kill is because the christian's belief was ideologically defined as antithetical to the communist agenda.

You cannot separate religious belief from the perceived threat -- Christians were killed because of their religious belief.

Winehole23
02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
How long can Santorum's campaign last once Willard's PAC's unleash their wrath and crush him just like they did Newt?probably not for long, but it would appear GOP primary voters aren't quite ready to swallow the inevitability of Mitt

TeyshaBlue
02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Who's hating?

I'm just stating facts "inconvenient" to people suckered by Religion into voting for culture-war assholes like InSaneTorum, for whom same-sex marriage leads to bestiality and the destruction of different-sex marriage.

lol @ "facts"

boutons_deux
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
lol @ TB's stalking boutons with content-free shit

cheguevara
02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
This is comical.

Christians were killed because their religious belief supposedly threatened the state. The reason why a communist would kill is because the christian's belief was ideologically defined as antithetical to the communist agenda.

You cannot separate religious belief from the perceived threat -- Christians were killed because of their religious belief.

This is silly. I was responding to a post that said "hatred of religion drives people stupid"

The example of a communist government is not a good example of an atheist hating a religion. They are a government and what they do is preserve their power at all costs. They will kill capitalists, democrats, libertarians, religious without a second thought. That does not equate hating a religion IMO, that's self preservation.

Winehole23
02-09-2012, 04:53 AM
internal security matter of an officially atheist state. no hate.

JoeChalupa
02-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Santorum could surge with his true conservative speech at CPAC.

RandomGuy
02-09-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm really shocked at yesterdays results. I really had counted out Santorum after Florida.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Mr._Freeze_(future).jpg

It's all because of this man.

RandomGuy
02-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Ooh, sorry wrong guy named Freeze.

What I really meant was FRIESE

http://www.forbes.com/sites/seankilachand/2012/02/08/santorums-billionaire-backer-foster-friess-the-full-story/

Seems like ol' Frothy got himself a billionaire backer.

Or maybe the billionaire is buying himself a candidate.

If this doesn't concern you then you aren't paying attention.

Winehole23
02-09-2012, 12:10 PM
there couldn't possibly be any drawbacks to a system where one tremendously rich guy bankrolls a candidate all by himself

Nbadan
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
:lol Santorum

What’s left is the government that gives you right, what’s left are no unalienable rights, what’s left is a government that will tell you who you are, what you’ll do and when you’ll do it. What’s left in France became the guillotine. Ladies and gentlemen, we’re a long way from that, but if we do and follow the path of President Obama and his overt hostility to faith in America, then we are headed down that road.

boutons_deux
02-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Santorum Doubles Down: ‘ObamaCare’ Is The First Step To The ‘Guillotine’

SANTORUM: It was a secular revolution on which we relied on the goodness of eacother. This is the left’s view of where America should go. And of course where did France go? To the guillotine. To tyranny. If there are no rights that government needs to respect, then what we see with ObamaCare is just the beginning of what government will do to you.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/02/09/422356/santorum-doubles-down-obamacare-is-the-first-step-to-the-guillotine/

=====

InSaneTorum, fucking nutcase who will say any damn thing that poops into his screwed up brain.

JoeChalupa
02-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Santorum is tearing it up speaking at CPAC. Throwing a few jabs at Romney and really hitting Obama hard. The crowd is loving it.

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 10:54 AM
"Muslims hate us cause we're the good guys"

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Santorum says no to women in combat because they might compromise the missions

Rick Santorum raised some eyebrows by saying women should not be in combat because of the “the types of emotions involved.” Now, Santorum says, he is also concerned about “physical strength and capability” of women in combat situations.
First, on those “emotions,” Santorum says he was not talking about the emotions of women.
“I was talking about men’s emotional issues; not women,” Santorum told ABC News. “I mean, there’s a lot of issues. That’s just one of them.”
What emotional issues? Santorum says he believes that the men serving with women would put the protection of women in their unit above the overall the mission.
“So my concern is being in combat in that situation instead of being focused on the mission, they may be more concerned with protecting someone who may be in a vulnerable position, a woman in a vulnerable position,” Santorum said.
But Santorum says he is concerned about more than just the “emotional issues.”
“You throw on top of that just simply physical strength and capability and you may be out there on a mission where it’s you and a woman and if you’re injured, the ability to transport that person back. And you know, there’s just, there are physical limitations,” Santorum said.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/02/rick-santorum-meant-to-say-mens-emotional-issues/

:lmao the emotions. what a fucking nutbag

if she passed all the physical tests and training she was as much right to die as a man. El Che has fought with women alongside. They are great.

Winehole23
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/ppppolls/status/167775351718686720 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ppppolls/status/167775351718686720)

https://twitter.com/#!/fivethirtyeight/status/167815058552922112

boutons_deux
02-10-2012, 12:48 PM
"The (CPAC) crowd is loving it."

nutcases cheering the nutcase. self-indicting all around

Is there anything anywhere near as nasty as CPAC on the Dem side? fuck no.

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
:lmao CPAC

GOProud, the gay Republican group that was founded because the Log Cabin Republicans were considered too concerned about gay civil rights and not sufficiently focused on “fiscal issues,” is not invited this year, because they are too “aggressive” about being gay, which made Jim DeMint uncomfortable.

CPAC also uninvited the John Birch Society, which had made a triumphant return to mainstream conservative acceptance in 2010, when they co-sponsored the conference.

But! While the Birchers and the open homosexualists are no longer welcome, there is still room for multiple outspoken white nationalists!

The National Review’s John Derbyshire, a stock “pervert Tory” character from a Martin Amis novel sprung to life and given a sinecure at the National Review, is hosting a panel on “multiculturalism” (boo hiss) featuring two of America’s most detestable sacks of shit: Peter Brimelow, founder of white supremacist site VDARE, and Robert Vandervoort, the director of some sort of “don’t make me press one for English” nativist group and a white nationalist from way back.

http://www.salon.com/2012/02/09/cpac_welcomes_white_nationalists/singleton/

Winehole23
02-10-2012, 01:51 PM
@DavidCornDC (https://twitter.com/#%21/DavidCornDC) David Corn

Santorum #CPAC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CPAC) introducer opens w/ joke: A conservative, a moderate, & a liberal walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Hi, Mitt."

https://twitter.com/#!/DavidCornDC/status/167993967848329217

JoeChalupa
02-13-2012, 11:33 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/13/poll-santorum-edges-out-romney-in-michigan/

(CNN) - It's the state where Mitt Romney grew up and where his father served as governor in the 1960's, but a new poll in Michigan indicates that Rick Santorum is on top in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.Michigan and Arizona are next up in the primary and caucus calendar, with both states holding primaries on February 28. The 30 delegates up for grabs in Michigan will be divided proportionally, while the 29 delegates at stake in Arizona are winner take all.

Romney won the 2008 Republican contest in Michigan, edging out eventual GOP nominee Sen. John McCain of Arizona by nine points. But four years later, the Santorum campaign feels they can be competitive in Michigan, as well as Ohio, which votes on Super Tuesday on March 6. Both states are considered part of the Rust Belt, with larger working class populations and strong Catholic communities, which may favor Santorum over Romney.

According to the poll, 37% of self-described supporters of the tea party movement say they support Santorum, with 29% backing Gingrich, 17% supporting Romney and 11% backing Paul. Among people who are not backers of the tea party, or who are unsure about the movement, 35% back Romney, with Santorum at 30%, Gingrich at 14% and Paul at 13%.

The survey indicates that Santorum edges out Romney 33%-28% among male voters, with Romney topping Santorum 39%-33% among female voters.

The American Research Group poll was conducted February 11-12, with 600 likely Michigan GOP primary voters questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus four percentage points.

~~Rick's message is starting to catch on. Will he be the last GOP candidate to rise and fall against Willard?

According to an American Research Group survey released Monday, 33% of likely Michigan GOP primary voters say they are backing Santorum, the former senator from Pennsylvania, with 27% supporting Romney, the former Massachusetts governor. Twenty-one percent are backing former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, 12% are supporting Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and 6% are undecided. Santorum's advantage is technically within the poll's sampling error.

JoeChalupa
02-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Ron Paul says Santorum can't beat Obama.

boutons_deux
02-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Contraception’s Con Men

Rick Santorum is a nice smiley fanatic. He does not believe in evolution or global warming or women in the workplace. He equates gay sex with bestiality (Rick “Man on Dog” Santorum). He equates contraception with the guillotine. Only a brain-dead party could think him a worthy presidential candidate. Yet he is praised by television pundits, night and day, for being “sincere” and “standing by what he believes.” He is the principled alternative to the evil Moderation of Mitt Romney and the evil Evil of Newt Gingrich. He is presented as a model Catholic. Torquemada was, in that sense, a model Catholic. Messrs. Boehner and McConnell call him a martyr to religious freedom. A young priest I saw on television, modeling himself on his hero Santorum, said, “I would rather die than give up my church’s principles.” What we are seeing is not a defense of undying principle but a stampede toward a temporarily exploitable lunacy. Acton to the rescue!

http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2012/feb/15/contraception-con-men/

Goran Dragic
02-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Ron Paul says Santorum can't beat Obama.
He can't. If the economy keeps improving for the rest of the year, it'll be tough for anybody to beat Obama, but Santorum is a mental midget who's arguments are based entirely off appealing to emotion. Obama would trounce him in debates.

baseline bum
02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
He can't. If the economy keeps improving for the rest of the year, it'll be tough for anybody to beat Obama, but Santorum is a mental midget who's arguments are based entirely off appealing to emotion. Obama would trounce him in debates.

But Santorum is the upstanding Christian. Why does Obama hate god by trouncing him in debates?

boutons_deux
02-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Santorum: Mainline Protestant Churches Are in the Grip of Satan

then there is this Santorum assessment of mainline Protestantism:

[O]nce the colleges fell and those who were being educated in our institutions, the next was the church. Now you'd say, 'wait, the Catholic Church'? No. We all know that this country was founded on a Judeo-Christian ethic but the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant Judeo-Christian ethic, sure the Catholics had some influence, but this was a Protestant country and the Protestant ethic, mainstream, mainline Protestantism, and of course we look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it.

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/794589/santorum%3A_mainline_protestant_churches_are_in_th e_grip_of_satan/#paragraph3

boutons_deux
02-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Winehole23
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/16/the-electoral-wasteland/