PDA

View Full Version : Until when...

Spurs Brazil
02-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Pop will keep Blair as a starter?

In the last month or so he barely look a NBA player. He's easily the worst big on the team

Time to wake up Pop. It didn't work last season and won't work now.

Start Tiago already

maverick1948
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Another start Tiago thread as if it hasnt been said 10000 times before.

Rummpd
02-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Sad but true Blair will remain the starter probably all year

Rummpd
02-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Blair 2-4 1 FT and 5 boards
Spitter 6-7 2 FT and 5 boards

at the 15:38 of playing time eachThis will definetely earn Blair more playing time.............

Spurs Brazil
02-06-2012, 10:06 PM
It's getting worst day after day.

Pop can't be that stubborn

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Although I've always supported Splitter as a starter, I believed Blair's confidence would take a hit, if he's sent to the bench..

However, it appears that his confidence is already dissolving, he may need a spark..coming off the bench could be the solution, it's a win-win, for both Blair and the team..

thispego
02-06-2012, 10:20 PM
You people are fuckin dumb I swear.

Rummpd
02-06-2012, 10:23 PM
You people are fuckin dumb I swear.

yeh I suppose Pop has some advanced metrics or model showing Blair's over the top effectiveness that deserves him to stay the starter despite all evidence (and I went to medical school and other advanced degrees.... strictly on my looks).

Wild Cobra Kai
02-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Blair will look SOOOO much better when Manu is back. That's his P'n'R soul mate.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2012, 10:32 PM
To add insult to injury for Blair, Bonner has been playing solid basketball, the last few weeks..

ThaBigFundamental21
02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I have to be honest, Splitter not getting more minutes at this point with how good he is playing is starting to really bother me. I realize he fouls a lot and in limited time, but it's something that can only be corrected with playing time and practice. Tonight, Splitter 14 points, 6 boards, in 19 minutes, and of course 3 fouls. That's damn good.

SpursRulez4eVeR
Blair needs to compete with other team's bench player, and he will dominate, easily.

Cant_Be_Faded
:frying::deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

This message forum has been over this over and over and over and over

Every step of Pop's logic has been fleshed out and refleshed out

What is not to understand?

TDomination
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM
And even if he was benched, we know that Bonner would be put in the starting lineup instead of Tiago just to frustrate us fans evens more.

Mugen
02-06-2012, 10:50 PM
You move to the DeJuan to the bench and you pretty much kill his confidence for the rest of the year.

But its come to the point where he's playing so bad, that it wouldn't really matter. It can't get much worse than this latest stretch.

pjjrfan
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
And even if he was benched, we know that Bonner would be put in the starting lineup instead of Tiago just to frustrate us fans evens more.

Sad but probably true.:lol:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Um, can't play Bonner and Blair together or you get killed on the boards. Like it or not, that actually makes sense.

timtonymanu
02-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm no Blair supporter at all ... but Parker to Splitter is like Manu to Blair. Blair is a non factor without Manu out there.

Capt Bringdown
02-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Moreover, Splitter would have been a better fit for last year's team than Dice's concrete legs.
This is therefore the second year in a row in which Pop has played this hand, and it's a problem.

therealtruth
02-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Pop's stubbornness is inexcusable.

jjktkk
02-06-2012, 11:17 PM
You move to the DeJuan to the bench and you pretty much kill his confidence for the rest of the year.

But its come to the point where he's playing so bad, that it wouldn't really matter. It can't get much worse than this latest stretch.

Tough situation. Blair, unfortunately has become a huge detriment to the team. praying that, somehow, he gets shipped ouuta here.

TD 21
02-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Pop's stubbornness is inexcusable.

I don't think it's stubbornness, so much as it is balance. He knows Blair should be the fourth big and the minutes recently reflect that. But for balance purposes, it makes the most sense for him to start. At least until close to the playoffs. In the playoffs, Duncan's and (hopefully) Splitter's minutes will go up, so they could start together. But right now, doing so would lead to long stretches of Blair-Bonner.

Neither option probably appeals to Pop though, because they just don't seem to view Splitter as someone who can consistently guard power forwards. So I still think they acquire a starting power forward. Maybe it's through trade, maybe it's through post trade deadline buyouts. But they've got to be looking at this team and looking at the West and thinking that if they can just solve this issue, that they'd have as good a chance as anyone to get to the Finals.

Canibspur
02-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Actually did work better last year compared to when Antonio was starting. Im fine with the current starting line up. I dont care for Blair to be a stat filler. Its much more important who finishes the games than who starts. If its not broke, dont fix it.

thispego
02-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Splitter should just play 48 minutes a game

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I'd rather have Bonner starting right now tbh

Bill_Brasky
02-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Blair hasn't been terrible defensively, and he only played 16 tonight. If he's still as shitty offensively when Manu comes back, I'll be VERY concerned, but for now whatever he's given us has been enough to win games.

dbestpro
02-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Pop's last words as the Spurs head coach will be, "I guess I should have played Splitter more."

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2012, 12:50 AM
i dont really care whether splitter starts or not

the most important part is MP>blairs + bonner MP...and in during important stretches of the game where his needed, whether its to protect a lead or closing out quarters...

therealtruth
02-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Actually did work better last year compared to when Antonio was starting. Im fine with the current starting line up. I dont care for Blair to be a stat filler. Its much more important who finishes the games than who starts. If its not broke, dont fix it.

I agree it worked better last year when Dice was coming off the bench but this season Blair's not even playing as good as last year.

Capt Bringdown
02-07-2012, 01:48 AM
I agree it worked better last year when Dice was coming off the bench but this season Blair's not even playing as good as last year.
Worked fine for the regular season.

gospursgojas
02-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Pop thinks Tim and tiago play the same pos....this has been stated numerous times...won't start them. Just be happy with him finally kinda playing them together sometimes.

outmap
02-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Just raising his stock until some team bites a trade.

Refocus
02-07-2012, 03:50 AM
If Splitter starts then we have to deal with more Bonner Blair combos.

therealtruth
02-07-2012, 11:35 AM
If Splitter starts then we have to deal with more Bonner Blair combos.

As poor as Bonner/Blair is I think KL could offset that with his defense and rebounding.

urunobili
02-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Blair misses Manu to give him wide open looks to take advantage of. He'll be way better when he's back /thread

Dr Cox
02-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Starting Splitter leaves the 2nd team bigs as Bonner and Blair....do you really want that?

GrandeDavid
02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Pop will keep Blair as a starter?

In the last month or so he barely look a NBA player. He's easily the worst big on the team

Time to wake up Pop. It didn't work last season and won't work now.

Start Tiago already

Blair e ruim demais e gordo!

mystargtr34
02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Moved.

Spurs Brazil
02-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Blair e ruim demais e gordo!

concordo :lol

Spurtacus
02-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Turd Towers off the bench?

You guys are funny!

Nathan89
02-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't think Pop is going to take Blair out of the starting lineup. What I think will happen is a reduction of minutes(especially during the 4th qtr of close games).

Dex
02-07-2012, 08:48 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view3/1238965/sandlot-forever-o.gif

silverblk mystix
02-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Pop is a fuckin stupid asshole who should have retired long ago.

When will you all realize this and start calling for his head?

Pop cost this team a nice run-if not a title last season last year and this year he is doing the same shit with keeping Splitter on the bench...and worst of all...

behind MATT FUCKIN' BONNER!!!!

i AM SICK OF THIS ASSHOLE!!!!

TJastal
02-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Pop is a fuckin stupid asshole who should have retired long ago.

When will you all realize this and start calling for his head?

Pop cost this team a nice run-if not a title last season last year and this year he is doing the same shit with keeping Splitter on the bench...and worst of all...

behind MATT FUCKIN' BONNER!!!!

i AM SICK OF THIS ASSHOLE!!!!

Funny thing is, the poplovers were all excited about their regular season championshop last year and now the same dupes are all leading the cheers again. When will they learn?

ChumpDumper
02-07-2012, 11:17 PM
lol daily meltdown

lol championshop

mystargtr34
02-07-2012, 11:49 PM
If Pop refuses to start Tiago next to Tim which is likely the case.. i wouldnt be against Bonner taking Blair's place in the starting lineup.. provided Leonard keeps his starting spot when Manu returns.

One.. it will make up for the inevitable drop in rebounding with Bonner out there.. and two.. with Bonner out there with Leonard it will keep the defense honest and allow Tony to operate in the paint.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Funny thing is, the poplovers were all excited about their regular season championshop last year and now the same dupes are all leading the cheers again. When will they learn?

You do realize that only one team wins the championship each year? The Spurs have made the playoffs 19 out of the past 20 years. They have also won the championship four out of the last 13 years. Finally, only 8 different teams have been NBA champion in the last 22 years. So yeah I am getting excited every year.
Back in the 80's and early 90's even though the Spurs made the playoffs I think most fans knew that we didnt have a chance to win but now with Pop, Robinson, Duncan, Manu and Parker now part of this franchise I think we all believe we have a chance of winning.
The key to winning a championship this year is a healthy Manu not Splitter starting.

jjktkk
02-08-2012, 01:10 AM

You and silverblk mystix make quite a pair:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1883/dumbanddumber001.jpg

The ADMIRAL 50
02-08-2012, 01:28 AM
As poor as Bonner/Blair is I think KL could offset that with his defense and rebounding.

Tbh, unless you're expecting kawhi to guard the 3, 4, & 5 that sho ain't tha real truth.

silverblk mystix
02-08-2012, 07:52 AM
You do realize that only one team wins the championship each year? The Spurs have made the playoffs 19 out of the past 20 years. They have also won the championship four out of the last 13 years. Finally, only 8 different teams have been NBA champion in the last 22 years. So yeah I am getting excited every year.
Back in the 80's and early 90's even though the Spurs made the playoffs I think most fans knew that we didnt have a chance to win but now with Pop, Robinson, Duncan, Manu and Parker now part of this franchise I think we all believe we have a chance of winning.
The key to winning a championship this year is a healthy Manu not Splitter starting.

All that may be true...but what you are essentially saying is that we should be happy and satisfied and feel grateful.

Well, I appreciate everything that Pop did until 2005...and even some of his stupid shit from 2006 & 2007 can be overlooked, but since then he has gotten progressively worse.

WHEN?

When will his past accomplishments cease to protect him from scrutiny?
When will fans stop blindly believing and justifying all his stupid actions?

When will you finally tire of watching Pop be the reason the Spurs don't win a title?

Never?

silverblk mystix
02-08-2012, 07:55 AM
lol daily meltdown

lol championshop

So you tirelessly defend Pop....yet you LOL at a championship?

So you are quite satisfied with mediocrity...that's a lol....

Here's another lol---- minor league expert!

shorttotry
02-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Blair will look SOOOO much better when Manu is back. That's his P'n'R soul mate.

Absolutely! They play the PnR so well it's ridiculous. That's why I'm a proponent of Manu coming off the bench with Blair, and therefore starting Splitter! I know y'all hate the prospect of the Blair/ Bonner combo, but I think that Manu will be on damage control. I think if that happens we actually have a championship caliber team :toast

Fireball
02-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Keep the current rotation for the first half, but Splitter should get a shorter stint at the end of the third and the beginning of the fourth quarter, then rest a few minutes to end the game on the floor with Timmy (if necessary because of a close game).

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
So you tirelessly defend Pop....yet you LOL at a championship?

So you are quite satisfied with mediocrity...that's a lol....

Here's another lol---- minor league expert!lol you didn't see the reason for the lol

lol look again

lol you're a major league idiot!

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Funny thing is, the poplovers were all excited about their regular season championshop last year and now the same dupes are all leading the cheers again. When will they learn?lol see it?

lol early meltdown

silverblk mystix
02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
lol cumdumpster

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 11:57 AM
So do you understand it now?

I'm here to help. I'm an expert at explaining simple things to idiots.

silverblk mystix
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM
So do you understand it now?

I'm here to help. I'm an expert at explaining simple things to idiots.

lol...expert...

minor league to boot...

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
lol...expert...

minor league to boot...You didn't answer the question.

Do you understand it now?

Yes or no.

lol minor league expert

PDXSpursFan
02-08-2012, 05:14 PM
:pop: I will keep Blair until I decide is time to start Bonner :bang