PDA

View Full Version : This thread aint about bonner..

apalisoc_9
02-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Ok it is..

0 rebound in 29 minutes:lmao.

I dont actually think he is that bad..Could play as a third big with the current roster.

But seriously for defensive purposes..sigh

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2012, 10:50 PM
He's actually been playing pretty well, as of late IMO..

Bonner is a very good 4th big, and occasionally as a 3rd big(depending on the matchups)..

Splitter should be the 2nd big, and I'd still feel more comfortable if the Spurs acquire a decent defensive big, but Bonner is a solid 4th big..

timvp
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
This thread needs to go back to the drawing board, tbh.

Rummpd
02-06-2012, 10:54 PM
He was the player of the game on the Spurs audio broadcast for what it is worth

apalisoc_9
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM

Bonner is a very good 4th big, and occasionally as a 3rd big(depending on the matchups)..

Splitter should be the 2nd big, and I'd still feel more comfortable if the Spurs acquire a decent defensive big, but Bonner is a solid 4th big..

I'm not taking that away from him. And as if said, with the current roster, he should be our third big. Better than Blair..But When you need defense why go with the guy when you have splitter..

Bill_Brasky
02-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Can't complain with Matty's play as of late, now having him play like this come April is another task.

therealtruth
02-06-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm not taking that away from him. And as if said, with the current roster, he should be our third big. Better than Blair..But When you need defense why go with the guy when you have splitter..

Exactly he's still not playoff material.

ElNono
02-06-2012, 11:18 PM
The only beef I have is that Splitter should be getting some of his minutes... But that's on Pop, not Matt...

Blair has been terrible, but he only played 15 mins tonight...

timtonymanu
02-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Any good play from Bonner is a plus. But it shouldn't be given at the expense of Splitter. I agree with HH. Splitter should be the 2nd big. Let your big man be Tim/Tiago/Matt and make Blair the odd man out.

jjktkk
02-06-2012, 11:23 PM

therealtruth
02-06-2012, 11:30 PM
The Sixers have F. Elson and T. Battie at the end of their bench. They're defensive minded bigs that can hit the midrange jump shot. If the Spurs acquired any of them it would allow Splitter to start.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-06-2012, 11:32 PM
The Spurs had a turn with Elson and he did not work out. Battie is OK but Bonner is better than him.

maverick1948
02-07-2012, 12:03 AM
0 reb? 29 mins? are you sure? Box score indicates 3 boards. But that is not the impact he has on rebounding. A couple of times he boxed out Speights and Davis, so Duncan could rebound one on one with Gasol. Timmy won that match.

Borosai
02-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Bonner took care of bidness.

Robz4000
02-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Bonner has been playing fairly well as of late. It's not all about stats. His intensity has been higher than I've seen it, and he's making smarter plays (seems like the Dallas game is his turning point, same with the whole team). As long as he keeps this up I have 0 problems with him being the 3rd big provided they don't make any significant upgrades, which they should mind you.

Sean Cagney
02-07-2012, 04:00 AM
He was the player of the game on the Spurs audio broadcast for what it is worth

Sorry thats TIM, EASILY... 19 and 17.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2012, 04:04 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190967

lol

Darkwaters
02-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Seconded.

As a fourth big, Bonner is usually ok. And when he has those magical nights where he can't miss then you play him big.

Blair is the problem right now. That and Splitter's lack of minutes.

Horse
02-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I think it's just a matter of not asking too much of him. They should give more of his minutes to Tiago for sure. But come playoff time they need to tell him hit open shots, we don't expect another fucking thing from you. That way he can relax and not choke like he always has in the playoffs.