02-07-2012, 01:38 AM
"like for a"

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2012, 01:43 AM
quoting phrases

CuckingFunt
02-07-2012, 01:43 AM
hashtagging anything

This. The sarcastic hashtag is a trend that needs to die. A couple days ago on campus I overheard some annoying sorostitute type talking on a cell phone who punctuated her mindless rant with an emphatically snotty "hashtag, he's an asshole."

The Reckoning
02-07-2012, 01:56 AM
"OMG I HATE HAVING OCD [#typeA]"

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2012, 02:03 AM
song lyrics that people think offer introspection into their monotonous lives. This was never worse than a couple years ago when every unoriginal douche-bag dramaqueen would quote the chorus from Shinedown's "Second Chance."

Nathan Explosion
02-07-2012, 02:18 AM
This. The sarcastic hashtag is a trend that needs to die. A couple days ago on campus I overheard some annoying sorostitute type talking on a cell phone who punctuated her mindless rant with an emphatically snotty "hashtag, he's an asshole."

Just saying hashtag is dochey enough. I feel like an old fart (I'm 29) listening to teens and people in their early 20s these days.

mavs>spurs
02-07-2012, 02:26 AM
-bitches who cry about :cry how :cry awful :cry guys :cry are :cry or guys who do the same but vice versa.

-people who act like they're 12 talking shit over facebook and "calling" people out

-people with ADD who just post whatever random thought came to mind that nobody cares about and tend to do this a lot

-people who brag and think they're hot shit and try to sound like badasses with their statuses

-people who constantly quote rap lyrics in their statuses

-people who constantly post inspirational quotes as their status

I think that about covers it.

Fpoonsie
02-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Fat asses who "map their runs" or talk about how excited they are to work out, hoping for at least 20 "likes" of encouragement so they don't pick up that extra spoonful of Ben & Jerry's.

ynh
02-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Anything where the person repeatedly lets us know that they have just gone to the gym.

Oh and the girl that keeps on having to tell us just how great her boyfriend and how much she loves them. Both of which I don't care about.

Frenzy
02-07-2012, 09:09 AM
As of late:

"Seriously I have to tell men back off with a hose I'm not interested"

Next post

(Half naked picture) what you guys think?

greyforest
02-07-2012, 09:28 AM
all of them
all of them are the most annoying facebook statuses

lefty
02-07-2012, 09:36 AM
New moms

" mike laughing ! "

" mike watching tv "

" mike in hits first Disney World trip "

:pctoss

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 09:46 AM
"wishing Pop would play Bonner more"

BUMP
02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
tbh anything Olly North posts

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Fat asses who "map their runs" or talk about how excited they are to work out, hoping for at least 20 "likes" of encouragement so they don't pick up that extra spoonful of Ben & Jerry's.
:lmao this is by far the most annoying, when some fat girl has a, "Just back from the gym! Working hard!" status. The fact they think going to the gym is something to make a status about is why they're fat.

BUMP
02-07-2012, 09:58 AM

tbh i also hate how super popular people can post the most generic/cheesy thing like "It's not the beauty outside but what's on the inside that matters" and they'll get a billion likes because they have a ton of facebook friends even when what they say is so simple and not groundbreaking at all rofl

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I also hate bible thumping hispanic people who haven't done jack shit since graduating from HS yet make a status every Sunday about how "They are blessed by god".....chances are if you were blessed you wouldn't be working at sports authority.

MavDynasty
02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
tbh anything Olly North posts

"club tonight with my bros, time to get fucked off!"

MavDynasty
02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
People who post bible verses every fuckin day, who gives a fuck?

BUMP
02-07-2012, 10:05 AM
:lol

have you read the comments on this one "Whoa....Although I've known her for a year, I never knew she felt that way about me ♥ :)"?

cantthinkofanything
They all suck. It's the number one reason why I don't check FB anymore.

"Waking up to wonder what the day brings" - I hate that one and every iteration of it. If I was to use FB again, my status would say "FUCK YOU Shiney Happy People."

MavDynasty
People who post how they're about to get so fucking high after that blunt!

DUNCANownsKOBE
"club tonight with my bros, time to get fucked off!"
Heading out to Mabank to kick it with the bros tonight :)

MavDynasty
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM

have you read the comments on this one "Whoa....Although I've known her for a year, I never knew she felt that way about me ♥ :)"?

:lmao not yet tbh, is it the same old shit with his bros consoling him?

Tbh just read the one where his dad called him soft

BUMP
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
:lmao not yet tbh, is it the same old shit with his bros consoling him?

Tbh just read the one where his dad called him soft

nope probably the best one in awhile

BUMP
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
People who post bible verses every fuckin day, who gives a fuck?

+1

being able to google bible verses and copy and paste them into facebook doesn't make you anymore christian

DUNCANownsKOBE
I remember the week on facebook when everyone was trying to show how deep they are by posting the video of that drake looking camel fucker who said he hates religion, but :cryloves jesus:cry

MavDynasty
Heading out to Mabank to kick it with the bros tonight :)

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Ah here's that dumb video. People think this is some ultra-deep, highly intellectual individual :cry

1IAhDGYlpqY

MavDynasty
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Losers who are desperate and try to spit game over fb

"LMS if you want a good morning wall post"

"LMS if you wanna talk on the phone"

"rate, date, fuck"

MavDynasty
02-07-2012, 10:39 AM
people who tag themselves at stupid ass placed like their crib or school

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh man, this one bitch on my friends list always posts the most retarded statuses I've ever read. I wish I could find the one where she thought Ryan Dunn was alive because he was on Rob Dyrdek's gay show a few months ago, but this is a nice retarded gem:

True story, a friend of mine decided to tex me out of the blue (seeing as its been plenty of months since she's texed me)& texed me this "Wow, you like calling people out on Facebook huh?"

Ok, 1st off my fuckin Facebook account 2ndly, I can say w/e the fuck I want 3rdly, y the fuck u got a problem w/what I post on Facebook? U don't tex me regularly to say hi or hangout or w/e 4thly, I don't use the actual persons name b/c I'm not a bitch like that& if those people didn't do anything stupid or wrong then they wouldn't give me a fuckin reason to say something smart about it &lastly, its still my damn Facebook account& still is my Facebook profile- go fuck urself& if u don't like what I have posted then simply ignore it& go about ur own damn business. Ohh, guess what? You've been stupid blasted, have a nice day like I am- thank for givinge another reason of y I post things just like this (:

I could post these all day :lmao

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
This is for the guys who don't get me or understand that I'm not the same as every girl in this world. I do not cheat, lie, back stab nor as fake as press on nails. In fact, there's no wonder y both guys& girls hint on me or wanna date me- I'm up front, faithful, honest, caring, loving, protective& have a backbone that would brake this world apart. Don't hate b/c ur wrong about ur incorrect judgement of me, hate the fact that u have failed to see& believe these important details. I'll always be happy no matter what, just see for your damn self. Watch the guy who's w/me& loves me for who I am- period...Get real w/your own damn self& also get your shit straight& crystal flippin clear, cause I've long gone been real...

#ThisAin'tNoGuessingGame,It'sCalledGetARealLife#

thispego
02-07-2012, 11:02 AM
all of them
all of them are the most annoying facebook statuses

facebooking is a pathetic practice

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
I just told my ex that I'm very happy that I'm not his Valentine anymore to put up w/his bullshit& how he treated me like crap.... Aren't I such a sweet bitch? ;D

Whoever came up w/"have a happy period." Needs a slap from all females& males, nobody likes periods- they're gross, smelly-ish& @ times messy...get real dumbasses, who could b happy about periods besides the girls that can't seem to keep their legs closed lmao

soo.....as i was goin through my old wallet, i came across my ex's high school ring- is it wrong that i wanna pawn it for him bein a total asshole to me who treated me like shit& how our relationship ended was him inviting a 24 yr old mother w/her 3 kids over @ our place from 6pm till 3 the next morning??? i think maybe not! i need the money& i do believe he did say i can keep it :D

God dammit :pctoss

DisAsTerBot
02-07-2012, 11:08 AM
lol facebook

rr2418
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
:lol Ya'll need to cancel your FB accounts if everything people write irritates you! :lol :lmao

CosmicCowboy
02-07-2012, 11:28 AM
New moms

" mike laughing ! "

" mike watching tv "

" mike in hits first Disney World trip "

:pctoss

I had one show up from one of my daughters friends of a dirty diaper...saying...'I even love her dirty diapers!"

CosmicCowboy
02-07-2012, 11:30 AM
The best of 2011 was done by a friend of my sons from high school...they had a friend getting married in a big fancy wedding and a lot of people got invited and he didn't...he actually had the bad taste to go on her FB page and comment on the fact that he wasn't invited LOL

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 11:36 AM
I just told my ex that I'm very happy that I'm not his Valentine anymore to put up w/his bullshit& how he treated me like crap.... Aren't I such a sweet bitch? ;D

LOL...wait...what????

Tinystarz
02-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Ah here's that dumb video. People think this is some ultra-deep, highly intellectual individual :cry

1IAhDGYlpqY

http://mattstone.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bffb053ef0147e02e51ad970b-200wi

mrsmaalox
02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
I avoid most of this crap by keeping the "under 25" age group off my friends list. That's not to say that 40 year olds haven't said some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard in my life :lol

resistanze
02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
"OMG this is so sad! *shows picture of a person flattened by a truck in India*"

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 11:58 AM
"OMG this is so sad! *shows picture of a person flattened by a truck in India*"

Right. It should have shown the pic with the status "Besan ka Puda anyone?"

or "DOH!"

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Another thing I hate is when people post pictures of severely beaten animals under the guise of spreading "animal abuse awareness." Like I don't know they get abused by sick fucks out there you stupid asshole

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 12:12 PM
For Leetonidas

9gspElv1yvc

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 12:15 PM
:cry so sad :cry how can people do this :cry i'd give them what fer if i ever saw them :cry

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 12:19 PM
:cry so sad :cry how can people do this :cry i'd give them what fer if i ever saw them :cry

You seem sad.
But in all honesty, the animal awareness pics are less a travesty than "looking forward to that first cup of coffee".

If it brings in $ for a good cause, then who cares. You hate animals or something?

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-07-2012, 12:23 PM
The fad seems to have mostly gone away now but I still see the occasional update with some heavy handed preachiness about a cause that everyone with a functioning brain is aware of, like how bad AIDS is in Africa followed by "repost this status to spread the word. 90% of you won't, but to the ones who are brave enough to thanks for helping us in this fight!"

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 12:26 PM
If it brings in $ for a good cause, then who cares. You hate animals or something?

Yes. And posting pictures of beaten animals doesn't bring in any money. Where did you get that idea from? Pretty sure if my retarded acquaintance posts a beaten dog on facebook, no one is getting a magic paycheck for it

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
The fad seems to have mostly gone away now but I still see the occasional update with some heavy handed preachiness about a cause that everyone with a functioning brain is aware of, like how bad AIDS is in Africa followed by "repost this status to spread the word. 90% of you won't, but to the ones who are brave enough to thanks for helping us in this fight!"

Sorry...I think you missed the point. We're talking about American animals here.

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Yes. And posting pictures of beaten animals doesn't bring in any money. Where did you get that idea from? Pretty sure if my retarded acquaintance posts a beaten dog on facebook, no one is getting a magic paycheck for it

I really don't know. As mentioned, I don't use FB anymore. Are there any royalties paid for using the photos?

Fpoonsie
02-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Mos def agree with everyone who mentioned the Bible verses or anything having to do w/ "god's blessings" or other nonsense. What's more is a billion people seem to feel obligated to like that bullshit, thus, encouraging the faggotry all the more.

Another one (and this goes for message board posting as well, I suppose) is anytime people use "LOL", "OMG", or smiley faces instead of simple punctuation.

"I think I might be liking my job too much lol way too excited about it"

"Dude I seriously hate the fact I feel old as f@#k at my school everyone looks like their straight out of high school lol stupid old guy trying to learn new things"

"I just want to say thank you to all my friends that came out and supported me on my first night at Buffalo Joes ya'll rock I had so much fun and can't wait to do it again =) Hope everyone is ready for round 2 of the TWO WILD AND CRAZY GUYS lol"

"So I'm never planning another event on a Thursday again lol learned my lesson"

Yeah, all from the same guy. Christ.

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 01:01 PM
it was all so simple nd u just couldnt handle growing the fukk up or ur friends none of u are going anywhere! sounds like u need some structure nd fukkndiscipline

last night was great thanx to jessica i couldnt ask for a better friend in the world :) but its not over yet i think her nd i needa finish wat we startedoooo can you say tuesday wed lol

i love how its already six thirty nd im not even closed to fukkd up i need some drugs or some alcohol...QUICKLY :lmao

1 40oz of mickys down finished a third of the second nd its still early

chillin wit da goonz well not all of um but ya know we kikkn bakk

hahaha hope ur shit aint valuable cus im settin fire to everything you left here

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 01:02 PM
btw the above was posted by an African American female who in high school was really fat and disgusting as well as a Jesus freak and now she got into drugs, lost a ton of weight doing coke and drugs and throwing up, and now she's a stripper. lol

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
btw the above was posted by an African American female who in high school was really fat and disgusting as well as a Jesus freak and now she got into drugs, lost a ton of weight doing coke and drugs and throwing up, and now she's a stripper. lol

pics please

CuckingFunt
02-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Whoever came up w/"have a happy period." Needs a slap from all females& males, nobody likes periods- they're gross, smelly-ish& @ times messy...get real dumbasses, who could b happy about periods besides the girls that can't seem to keep their legs closed lmao

Been copypasta'd here before, no? Reads familiar.

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 01:08 PM
I probably have posted in before, I just went through her timeline and found a few retarded ones real fast

resistanze
02-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Right. It should have shown the pic with the status "Besan ka Puda anyone?"

or "DOH!"

Or, it could've been shown without the human roadkill pic.

BUMP
02-07-2012, 01:37 PM
What's facebook?

Serious question

it's something used only by those classless people up there in south oklahoma

Fpoonsie
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Aw, for fuck's sake...

"Tremendous Tuesday it is!
Ate my 1 cup of Cream of Wheat & it went down well without feeling like i'm forcing it down my throat.....Hope these 2-3 tablespoons of water packed Tuna do the same 4 lunch! Might i add: I'm very content with my tablespoons of food.....41 lbs lost as of today!!!!! Yay me!"

41 people like this.

resistanze
02-07-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm already conteplating closing Facebook for its utter lack of filters/privacy settings.

News Feed:
Bob Jenner posted on Brenda Moore's wall "LOL!"

Like wtf? Do I really need to see that shit?

phxspurfan
02-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Anything from old people who have just discovered the internet

phxspurfan
02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
On another note, people tagging random things in your name that aren't you.

Pictures of food

Reposts of common news events a minute after they occur "omg look at this CNN.com article michael jackson just died"

"going out getting f'ed up/smashed/wasted/blitzed/gangbanged tonite"
"my bf / new husband is so awesome! he bought me lunch today."

AWESOME STATUSES

anything in joke form that is actually funny
people trolling celebrity statuses
photos from spring break in cancun

Fpoonsie
02-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Lulz. Or vague, "hope somebody cares that something (but most likely nothing) is wrong with me" updates:

"At the doctors office once again, i hope its nothing serious."

First reply:

"What happened????"

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Also, there are some that just cross the line...

"left a baby in Steven's mom last night...LOL"

"anyone else think Jay has testicular cancer?"

Bill_Brasky
02-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I'll keep it short but I've noticed a lot of faggotry on FB lately.

-Posts about "drama" or anything similar where they basically try to call the person out via facebook status. So fuckin lame.

-People who seemingly spend more time taking pictures of their baby and posting them on FB rather than actually caring for it.

-Anyone who constantly complains about "stress", "I'm so stressed out I hate my situation blah blah blah". Go see a fucking therapist then you cunt. Trying to fish for attention on FB is probably as low as it gets.

cantthinkofanything
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
^ isn't that 90% of Facebook?

TIMMYtoZO
02-07-2012, 02:48 PM
:lol It annoys me when people use that "check in" status that tells everyone on fb where they are at. It is annoying when they tag people in it as well.

Also, the ones who take photos of anything from their phones and instantly post it on fb.

DisAsTerBot
02-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Trying to fish for attention on FB is probably as low as it gets.

lol, the sole purpose of fb

mrsmaalox
02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Fpoonsie sounds hungry :lol

Fpoonsie
02-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Trill Clinton
02-07-2012, 06:01 PM
5 star thread

Leetonidas
02-07-2012, 06:07 PM
i dont get why everyone thinks they have to be dating someone to enjoy the day of valentines day. like when has it ever been a rule that u have to dating someone or it has to be 1 person? y not share the love& care w/everyone& tell them ur happy to have those people in ur life or have ur entire famliy as ur valentine? most ofus had the entire classroom as our valentines back in like kindergarden so how is it any different now? lol i love all of my friends, family& my bf- not gonna ever start to be stingy over my love to those people to do deserve it ♥ #WeAllNeedLove#

Dex
02-07-2012, 06:16 PM
-Anyone who constantly complains about "stress", "I'm so stressed out I hate my situation blah blah blah". Go see a fucking therapist then you cunt. Trying to fish for attention on FB is probably as low as it gets.

This.

People who try to use it as Pitybook need to GTFO.

Dex
02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
This ones probably been mentioned already, but any "If you hate cancer/diabetes/world hunger/stubbed toes, repost this" statuses.

1) Me posting my dislike for things that everybody dislikes is not going to change a gottamn thing.

2) Thanks for making me feel like an asshole just because I don't feel like trashing all of my friends' Feed.

Spurtacus
02-07-2012, 07:49 PM
When people do the location check in. "I'm at walmart" or "eating at Chilis"

Thanks for telling me your not home. I'm going to rob you now.

Dex
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
When people do the location check in. "I'm at walmart" or "eating at Chilis"

Thanks for telling me your not home. I'm going to rob you now.

I can understand the Check-In if you are somewhere interesting, or meeting with friends there or something. I don't understand people who feel the need to Check-In at freaking Dollar General or something..."buying diapers, lol!!1"

z0sa
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
:lol it's funny that all this "common" shit annoys the fuck out of anyone with a brain. I especially agree with the shittiness and lack of class (:cry:cry:cry) the pity-partier posts. "I'm so stressed, I'm so tired, I'm so beat, I'm so stupid"

z0sa
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
I can understand the Check-In if you are somewhere interesting, or meeting with friends there or something. I don't understand people who feel the need to Check-In at freaking Dollar General or something..."buying diapers, lol!!1"

I check in at bars and that is just about all. I only started doing that because there were a few times when people I hadn't seen in a while/thought to invite or w/e would show up because someone in our group checked in.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2012, 09:16 PM
The thing that annoys me the most is people who post those "funny" poster/signs/ecards pictures that aren't funny, amusing or interesting at all.

Such as...

http://www.estetica-design-forum.com/attachments/off-topic/6397d1328618587-social-media-explained-donuts-social_media_explained_with_donuts.jpg

...with thousands of comments that say.. "Haha so true."

SA210
02-08-2012, 02:50 AM
The relationship status change that happens every week by the same people

benefactor
02-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Lulz. Or vague, "hope somebody cares that something (but most likely nothing) is wrong with me" updates:

"At the doctors office once again, i hope its nothing serious."

First reply:

"What happened????"
This is the most annoying shit on the face of the earth. It's like they want you to pull the rest of the story out of them. Just tell us what the hell happened in your update.

I also agree with those who say the extremely old and extremely young tend to be the worst.

SA210
02-08-2012, 07:44 AM
"I'ma do me"

Any post with the word "mayne", or language from trash music such as Lil Wayne and others, etc.

"Stackin dat paper"

"I need me a real n1gga"

"I've got haters", "F all my haters" Anything having to do with haters.

"Who wants to bring me lunch to my job (so that I can show my co-workers that diff men cater to me)"

"FML"

Single to in a relationship to it's complicated to single, and repeat

The stupid hashtags

Girls posting about how they want the perfect guy, but they aren't willing to offer the same in return.

"I'm independent" (because Beyonce told me so, but I'm still using people for everything, living with mom)

And...cheating hoes who post about how they don't have to put up with the guy who caught them cheating and all her girlfriends and guys lying to her kissing her ass telling her she's too pretty to deal with that shit. :lmao

DarkReign
02-08-2012, 01:10 PM
facebooking is a pathetic practice

Dont agree with you on much of anything, but truer words have never been spoken.

Social media is so gay, my ass hurts.

manufan10
02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
The only thing that really bothers me is when people spell like they're some ghetto thug. Other than that I don't really care.

If it bothers some of you that much there's the "ignore posts" button, and also the "Remove friend" button. Or you could always deactivate your account.

manufan10
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
"R.i.P PEtER ;; YHUu WiLL* BEE MiSSEDd ;; WEE LUV YHUu <3 [ :"

Posts like this get an automatic removal from my timeline.

JudynTX
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
:lol at anyone thinking there should be Facebook Etiquette.

manufan10
02-09-2012, 11:11 AM
:lol at anyone thinking there should be Facebook Etiquette.

I agree with this for the most part.. It just annoys me when people WrItE LyKe ThIsSsS!!!!!1

JudynTX
02-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I agree with this for the most part.. It just annoys me when people WrItE LyKe ThIsSsS!!!!!1

Just unfriend them. :lol

CosmicCowboy
02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Really? WTF?

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s320x320/423700_2920064479008_1182660270_32523565_166341300 7_n.jpg

mrsmaalox
02-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I got a doozy today..."Like this if you wish cancer would just go away" :shootme

BlackSwordsMan
02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Its annoying when you try to friend add someone you see their last logon was two days ago and then you look up they died in DUI accident.

CosmicCowboy
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
I had a guy I knew from elementary school ask to friend me and I accepted...last week the fucker posts on of those stupid "100 funniest sayings" lists one fucking quote at a time and just blew away three pages of other posts...I pm'd him to explain that if he would put them all in one post by using the "comment" bar it would be a lot more user friendly...peckerhead then posts on his wall that I was complaining that he posts too much and says he is going to leave facebook...then all his friends come on and beg him to stay and say what an ass I am for complaining...I was like OK bitch...that just got you on the "ignore' list...

Spurminator
02-09-2012, 01:50 PM
The stupid "Sh*t (certain people) Say" videos. I haven't seen a funny one yet.

Fpoonsie
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/387404_10150456902138031_512208030_8715321_6563345 14_n.jpg

I told this person that I can't re-post this because I'm currently engaged in the battle against shitty grammar and it would be seen as a conflict of interest.

I was deleted later that day.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
that just got you on the "ignore' list...

I'd have started there

SA210
02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I had a guy I knew from elementary school ask to friend me and I accepted...last week the fucker posts on of those stupid "100 funniest sayings" lists one fucking quote at a time and just blew away three pages of other posts...I pm'd him to explain that if he would put them all in one post by using the "comment" bar it would be a lot more user friendly...peckerhead then posts on his wall that I was complaining that he posts too much and says he is going to leave facebook...then all his friends come on and beg him to stay and say what an ass I am for complaining...I was like OK bitch...that just got you on the "ignore' list...

:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. (February 8, 2012)—A man who was upset after a Tennessee couple defriended his adult daughter on Facebook has been charged with killing the couple, authorities said.Johnson County, Tenn., Sheriff Mike Reece said Wednesday the victims complained to police before they were killed that Marvin's Potter's daughter was harassing them after they deleted her as a friend on the social networking site.Potter is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the slayings last week of Billy Payne, Jr. and his girlfriend, Billie Jean Hayworth.The couple’s baby was found unharmed in Hayworth's arms.Potter's friend, Jamie Curd, was also been charged in the killings.Authorities say he had romantic feelings for Potter's daughter.

http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/Couple_Who_Defriended_Woman_On_Facebook_Killed_138 973094.html

Amuseddaysleeper
02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
"So and So Hates the new Facebook layout!"

Viva Las Espuelas
02-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Our future generation scares me :lol
kl1ujzRidmU

TheMACHINE
02-10-2012, 04:44 PM
"I got an Iphone!!!"

i always comment "and thats a good thing?" :lol

DMC
02-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Our future generation scares me :lol
kl1ujzRidmU
That guy was quite the tard himself.

Who shoots a fucking laptop because their 15 year old daughter posted a gripe on her page? Dude needs therapy.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Hmm. That was a gripe? Seemed like her selfish snot-nosed mission statement. Yeah, he maybe went overboard but I don't think he "tarded". What she said about the people that feed, shelter and clothe her, unconditionally, was pretty damn disrespectful. Especially doing it to "the whole world".

mrsmaalox
02-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Hmm. That was a gripe? Seemed like her selfish snot-nosed mission statement. Yeah, he maybe went overboard but I don't think he "tarded". What she said about the people that feed, shelter and clothe her, unconditionally, was pretty damn disrespectful. Especially doing it to "the whole world".

I showed it to my 15 yr old daughter, and she said, "Please post that on my wall; I know some kids who should see it." Too many kids like that these days.

Goran Dragic
02-11-2012, 08:09 AM
That guy is a total idiot. Kids do dumb shit and post dumb shit on facebook. What he did was 100x more immature and childish. I'm also willing to bet his daughter has a cunt of a step mom who makes her clean up after her step siblings.

Goran Dragic
02-11-2012, 08:13 AM
He decided to share this on facebook, what an attention whoring idiot

Update:
This may come as a wild shock to some.. wait for it.. wait.... (I need that guy who did the awesome HD youtube parody to do me an intro here. Where is he when I need him?)

I'm NOT a hero... of ANY kind... at all.
I'm not a super-dad, or awesome parent.

I'm a normal guy with reasonable a moral compass that I try very hard to keep pointed north. I make a LOT of mistakes. Did I say a LOT? ...I mean a WHOLE lot! Daily... sometimes hourly!

I'm extremely lucky to have a very strong wife who tolerates me and puts up with my mistakes, and who herself is strong enough that she can put me in my place with only a look.. no really.. you haven't seen her "I'm not kidding anymore" face... it's serious.
(For example I can apparently destroy a laptop and garnish world-wide attention in mere seconds, but I guarantee tomorrow morning my wife will say "Hey Chuck Norris. Make the freakin BED WILL YOU PLEASE" because I'll forget to.
(I have to admit the "Chuck Norris wears Tommy Jordan pajamas" comment will stay with me for the rest of my life. I want that on a bumper sticker!)

I'm lucky to have great kids (two of them) who look up to me despite all my mistakes.
I make bad parenting decisions all the time. We all do. Personally, I stand behind the decision I made earlier this week by posting the video. I don't find fault with it. If I had it to do again... let's see... I'd do it almost the same.

I'd not be smoking a cigarette. (That's a habit I promised my wife I'd quit as soon as I could afford to just go out and buy a Chantix prescription. She absolutely hates it and I'm getting mature enough to want to quit it for my own reasons as well.)

I'd not have used the word "ass" in my comment directed at my daughter. That was rude and a bad example of a parent using the "Do as I say, not as I do" philosophy

I'd have worn my Silverbelly Stetson, not my Tilley hat if I'd known that image was going to follow me the rest of my life and I'd probably have cleaned my boots.

That's it. I meant all the rest of it. My wife is OK with it. My daughter is OK with it. My Mother is OK with it. I'm OK with it. We're the only ones that matter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those that feel the need to keep calling the police and CPS. lol

Apparently both the local police and the department of social services are OK with it. Yes they came. Of course they came. They received enough "Oh my god he's going to kill his daughter" comments that they had to. I knew that the moment it went viral.. it was too late and it was inevitable. I'm only surprised it took as long as it did to be honest.

The police by the way said "Kudos, Sir" and most of them made their kids watch it. I actually had a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How's about those apples? Didn't expect THAT when you called the cops did you?

The kind lady from Child Protective Services looked all through the house, the yard, and found ours to be a healthy home. She saw the unloaded guns in their rack with the magazines removed and stored separately and safely. Funny thing: The case officer asked to see "the gun".... "Umm, sir, may I see the actual..umm.. weapon used for the video?" She wasn't at all scared of me but I could tell she doesn't like guns as a general rule. To each their own though. She was comfortable that I was adhering to NC gun safety regulations for the protection of minors, and that's all she needed. But of course if you want to continue, I'm just going to leave a pot of coffee on for the next officers who come by. (Digress: Maybe I can get Krispy Kreme to sponsor me with lifetime donuts? Oh God that would be heaven. Dunkin? Crap... KK all the way....)

She asked if I minded if she interviewed my daughter privately but that I didn't have to agree. I let her meet in private and then she and I met for about an hour and a half. At the end of the day, no I'm not losing my kids, no one's in danger of being ripped from our home that I know of, and I actually got to spend some time with the nice lady and learn some cool parenting tips that I didn't know.. I use them on my 8 year old son, but not on my fifteen year old daughter.. but now I will! There were a few things I thought she was "too old" for, but after talking to the case worker, I feel like it's worth a shot to try them. Maybe I'll sell those secrets in my next book! (Seriously? You just got mad didn't you? I'm kidding. Besides, that would still only give me two pages of material- one parent tip page and one page on handgun selection techniques appropriate for different electronic destructive purposes.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to me being a normal guy... I digressed again.
You guys caught me on eight and a half minutes of ONE day in my life, probably the worst day in my life as a father. So, all in all, I consider the vast overwhelming show of support to be very very gratifying... that was me at my worst, not my best. If most of you found me OK as a Dad at that time, then I'm definitely OK the rest of the time. I was angry, hurt as hell, emotional as can possibly be, and stunned still. I'd taken an hour to compose myself, but apparently I should have waited longer.. and maybe used the .22 instead of the .45. (And since when does an 8 minute video EVER go viral? And maybe the next video I'll do will be auctioning the pistol I used.. that should buy some serious college tuition, but please understand that I will definitely use the profits to also purchase a replacement .45.)

I'd like to think that if a camera followed me around and filmed every moment of my life as a parent, most of you out there would still put me in the plus column. Truthfully most of you would probably be bored. I'm just ordinary. I was raised old fashioned, and I raise my kids the same way... the modern generational concepts be damned!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And OK, so THAT brings me to a topic I'll close with, though I had no intention of speaking on it when I started this rant. (Hey, aren't the 25 thousand of you who subscribed really regretting it now? I'm always this scatter brained. Makes you wonder how I formed enough sensible sentences to write a book doesn't it? Then again... maybe that accounts for the book sales being in the toilet...)

So, my last point:
I've received a LOT of comments (and by lot you have to understand there's literally MILLIONS of them. I'll likely never be able to read them all in my lifetime) pointing out that I was raised old fashioned apparently that that I needed to learn to be a parent in today's world.

Umm.. is there a polite way to call bull***t!?

The kids today ARE self entitled, spoiled, adverse to working, and basically have NO usable skills taught to them in schools. (Yes some of you out there excel. If you've graduated high school and at least pay some of your own bills, then I'm not talking to you. If you however are 25 and live with your parents because you're too lazy to get a job, then yes, I'm talking to you. Half of that is the parent's fault for thinking that the school system is supposed to raise their kids. The other half is a parent's fault for letting our school systems get to the utterly pathetic state they are in. It's your kid.. so no matter what it's ALWAYS your fault.. get it?

I'll give you a real example from the NC school system. My daughter just finished Honors Geometry in school. Halfway through the semester she asks me "Dad, can you help me type this math problem into your graphing calculator? I can't get the equation to come out right." I said "sure" and went over to help out. The problem was about calculating the tangent of a line, but I can't remember the specifics of it at the moment. I took a look at it and said "Honey, why don't you just do the problem manually... you know, on a piece of paper? It's pretty easy."

She honestly looked at me like I was a complete idiot! "You can't do it with a pencil and paper, Dad. Sheesh!"

I stared at her dumbfounded. "Honey, you DO know that tangential math has been around since the 1600s, right? Over 500 years. Long BEFORE graphing calculators existed..., right?"
Her response was "Well, we're not taught that. We're just taught how to enter it into a calculator and get the right answer."

Absolutely SURE she must be crazy, I checked.... and she's right. HONORS mathematics at the high school level doesn't teach kids basic math principles. At all!!! If a modern honors geometry student had to calculate the distance of a line from the top of a flag pole to any point in space relative to the ground.. they have no idea how to do it. (How many of you just asked your kids to show you how to do that? Wait... how many more are Googling it right now? Stop. That's cheating.)

Further, almost every state now is taking "writing" out of schools. Kids are now being taught to print, and that's it. No need for actual writing because they all have computers. I'm NOT making this up! This is TRUE!! They learn the alphabetic characters... and nothing more. The age of eloquent thought borne by patient strokes of pen to paper... are gone like Rhett Butler's sex appeal.

So let me recap... you don't learn math, you don't learn to write actual words without the benefit of spell-check. You don't apparently learn grammar either because I've SEEN those text books and quizzes.. horrible.

Yet you want ME to stop raising MY child with old fashioned methods that actually made me fairly intelligent, capable of fending for myself, capable of managing money, holding a job, respecting my elders, etc?

So you can replace it with what? You want to teach kids it's OK to talk back to parents as long as they have the freedom to express themselves. You want to outlaw spankings. You've obviously made it OK for them to be stupid upon graduating high school. You've recently made it illegal for kids to work around any animal that can harm them under the age of 18, to include working in hay lofts, around dogs, or cats, horses, or cattle, etc. (Thanks for that law Obama.. idiot) You won't let them work in a restaurant that serves alcohol until 18 in most states. You won't let them work at ALL until 15 (It was 13 for me, but Dad lied and got me started when I was 12). When are they supposed to learn actual adult stuff exactly? When do they learn responsibility? No kid left behind? Pfft.. EVERY kid left behind! (Dang I'm mad now.. maybe I WILL run for President... no, wife already vetoed that one. I'd really love to though.. really, seriously!)

"Modern" parenting raises ill-prepared kids who can't do anything and have no skills because they're protected from even LEARNING them until 18 years old, at which time you want us parents to throw them out into the world, send them off to college, and expect them to be productive members of society? You can take your "modern" parenting, and shove it. Jeezus people. Half of you think chores at 15 are too much! God forbid we make them actually WORK too!

(packing my soapbox away and going to bed now)

ploto
02-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Great- teach a kid that gun violence is how you handle conflict. I was not aware that was the "old-fashioned" way of parenting.

Goran Dragic
02-11-2012, 09:20 AM
He's the Toby Keith of parenting :lol

A dumb gun toting redneck who whores his failures as a parent to the public for attention and money.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-11-2012, 11:33 AM
:lol easy to see who identifies with the snot nosed, spoiled rotten brat. Not surprised. smh

Leetonidas
02-11-2012, 12:02 PM
That guy is a total idiot. Kids do dumb shit and post dumb shit on facebook. What he did was 100x more immature and childish. I'm also willing to bet his daughter has a cunt of a step mom who makes her clean up after her step siblings.

eh 15 year old whore got what she deserved imo, you know she had all kinds of nude photos she probably took on her webcam and shared on 4chan on there anyway. what parents find is probably .00001% of what their kids actually do :lol

Fpoonsie
02-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I get that he was going for some kinda dramatic effect, but couldn't he, I dunno, sell it? Maybe use that money to get himself some speech therapy s-s-sessions?

SA210
02-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I think most of the ones speaking out against that father are spoiled brats themselves maybe, yea, that's probably it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-11-2012, 12:42 PM
The funniest and most ironic part is him saying in the video, "You should know better than posting something on facebook thinking I won't see it when I work in IT!"

Yeah bud, then you go and upload a video on youtube then have no fuckin idea what to do when the video goes viral and you get a visit from social services due to uploading something online and not knowing what can happen. Sounds like a real IT expert.

It's also funny when baby boomers act like younger generations are so shitty when they're the most entitled, lazy, self-indulgent generation ever acting like shit was hard for them when it wasn't at all.

pR8aFDosQBQ

SA210
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
The funniest and most ironic part is him saying in the video, "You should know better than posting something on facebook thinking I won't see it when I work in IT!"

Yeah bud, then you go and upload a video on youtube then have no fuckin idea what to do when the video goes viral and you get a visit from social services due to uploading something online and not knowing what can happen. Sounds like a real IT expert.

It's also funny when baby boomers act like younger generations are so shitty when they're the most entitled, lazy, self-indulgent generation ever acting like shit was hard for them when it wasn't at all.

pR8aFDosQBQ

I don't think he made a mistake posting it. He did right.

Agloco
02-11-2012, 01:06 PM
That guy was quite the tard himself.

Who shoots a fucking laptop because their 15 year old daughter posted a gripe on her page? Dude needs therapy.

This.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't think he made a mistake posting it. He did right.
Social services didn't seem to agree. He also said that he didn't expect it or want it to go viral and he is surprised it did. He wanted it to be between his daughter, her friends, and her friends' parents.

It's funny watching baby boomers act like hard asses.

SA210
02-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Social services didn't seem to agree. He also said that he didn't expect it or want it to go viral and he is surprised it did. He wanted it to be between his daughter, her friends, and her friends' parents.

It's funny watching baby boomers act like hard asses.

Social Services :lol The agency that tries to tell you you can't spank your kids

Proxy
02-11-2012, 02:50 PM
The girl is a product of that man. Bad parenting = bad kid... resolved by more bad parenting? I agree that he needs therapy.

Agloco
02-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I think most of the ones speaking out against that father are spoiled brats themselves maybe, yea, that's probably it.

lol at the father wondering why his kid disrespects him.

I've cut my wrist, why am I bleeding? :lol

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2012, 12:12 AM
fck morons who subscribe to celebs and follow there shit and whatever they have to say out of their asses for more attention....

ploto
02-12-2012, 01:06 AM
:lol easy to see who identifies with the snot nosed, spoiled rotten brat.

No, actually I am a parent of a respectful, high-achieving teenager.

This man talks about his self-entitled kid and then seems to lack the self-awareness that maybe he is partially to blame for how his daughter behaves. The notion that his response is proportional to her rant is ridiculous. The adults are supposed to have self-control. I just can not imagine where the daughter inherited a tendency to go off half-cocked and post her family business for all the world to see.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Eh. He gave her a taste of her own medicine. They have a maid. How hard would it be to sweep a damn floor? Did her rant on Facebook say "oh, he beats me" "oh, he talks to me like crap" "oh, I never get this"????? No, she said "fuck you, mom" "fuck you, dad" and get someone to feed you when you're old on a laptop that she didn't lift a finger to buy.

Toby Keith
02-12-2012, 01:19 PM
He's the Toby Keith of parenting :lol

A dumb gun toting redneck who whores his failures as a parent to the public for attention and money.

That's quite a sad story....wait a minute........"sad story" where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah, 9/11. Sweet! Another tragedy that I can pretend to care about but really use it to just make a few bucks out of it. Now to think of the lyrics......

"She was a smalltown girl......
just trying to facebooooook!"

SA210
02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Eh. He gave her a taste of her own medicine. They have a maid. How hard would it be to sweep a damn floor? Did her rant on Facebook say "oh, he beats me" "oh, he talks to me like crap" "oh, I never get this"????? No, she said "fuck you, mom" "fuck you, dad" and get someone to feed you when you're old on a laptop that she didn't lift a finger to buy.

:toast

Agloco
02-12-2012, 11:14 PM
No, actually I am a parent of a respectful, high-achieving teenager.

This man talks about his self-entitled kid and then seems to lack the self-awareness that maybe he is partially to blame for how his daughter behaves. The notion that his response is proportional to her rant is ridiculous. The adults are supposed to have self-control. I just can not imagine where the daughter inherited a tendency to go off half-cocked and post her family business for all the world to see.

+1

As I stated, albeit more plainly:

lol at the father wondering why his kid disrespects him.

I've cut my wrist, why am I bleeding? :lol

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2013, 02:48 PM
"prayers needed"

timtonymanu
11-21-2013, 02:54 PM
- Multiple hashtags after people post pictures

ohmwrecker
11-21-2013, 05:19 PM
This chick today posted an article about the sun flipping it's polarity and said, I shit you not . . . "something to be aware of for those of us in touch with these kind of things." Like you have to have some special hippie powers of perception to be affected by the sun and the moon. Do these people think they are biologically superior or something? I called her out on it and she got butthurt and de-friended me. :cry

Also, those people who post articles from fake news sites thinking they are real stories, then spend the rest of the day deflecting and denying when everyone tells them what a moron they are.

Oh, and . . . people who post a link and just say, "Wow. Just wow."

DMC
11-21-2013, 05:50 PM
To avoid this kind of juvenile, mindless shit, I just don't have a facebook account. That stops all the friend requests from people who won't even visit you if you were dying in a hospital.

Want to know how many friends you really have, ask someone to take you to the airport on Friday morning at 3am, see how many takers you get. Those are your friends.

I laugh my ass off when I see someone with 500 fb friends but they have a birthday party and 4 people show.

DMC
11-21-2013, 05:52 PM
"prayers needed"

"prayers sent"

Fed Ex must be raking it in shipping all those prayers. "prayers sent up" is even funnier. How about "just pretend I prayed for you, the result will be the same".

ErnestLynch
11-21-2013, 07:05 PM
"I got an Iphone!!!"

iPhones suck.