PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft talk

monosylab1k
02-07-2012, 01:46 AM
uh let's just forget about that game and move on to the draft.

So, what are we expecting? I expect a few things.

1. Bill Belichick trading out of all his 1st round picks and not getting any impact players.

2. Bill Belichick ignoring tall, fast receivers and sticking with his beloved slow midgets, prompting him to make retarded draft picks (:lol drafting Shane Vereen, then Baltimore gets Torrey Smith one pick later).

3. Bill Belichick drafting a TE.

4. Every expert calling Bill Belichick a draft genius for dumping all his good picks and stockpiling for next year even though HE'LL DO THE SAME FUCKING THING AGAIN NEXT TIME SO WHAT'S THE GODDAMN POINT OF STOCKPILING PICKS YOU NEVER FUCKING USE????????

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2012, 01:58 AM
The Bils will draft a RB with a high pick, followed by yet another CB who won't even cut it as a Nickel DB and will eventually be relegated to special teams until his early retirement.

Then in FA we'll go after another prized back-up QB a la Kelly Holcomb, Shane Matthews, or Tyler Thigpen. Any players that show a modicum of talent will either be traded or let go.

Ralph Wilson will never die.

JoeTait75
02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
The Browns will pass on RGIII and trade down from #4 because they want more "depth." They will again act as if they're allergic to drafting playmakers at the skill positions.

They'll also stand pat at QB because, while Colt McCoy can't throw a pass over 20 yards without it looking as if it's filled with helium, he's "tough" and has "all the intangibles."

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-07-2012, 12:45 PM
RGIII sucks tbh

lol black QBs

JoeTait75
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
RGIII sucks tbh

lol black QBs

After watching 21 starts of Colt McCoy, I'll take my chances on a black QB.

lefty
02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Trade Welker, Hernandez and Branch + all the draft picks for the NYG receivers

You know, for guys who can actually catch the ball in big games

Yeah I'm building my own utopian society :hat

Will Hunting
02-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Hernandez played well. He's a good compliment to Gronk, keep him till his contract expires then let him get a fat contract elsewhere.

Welker is gonna be really expensive in the open market this off season, some dumb team is gonna throw way too much money at him. Branch has slown down significantly from last year to this year. I say move him to the slot and let Welker leave. Completely revamp what they have on the outside at receiver. They need to have good route runners; Tom Brady isn't good at lofting the ball up their for big nigs who can't run routes like Rivers does with Floyd and VJ. I don't see Brady clicking well with VJ at all even though Pats fans want him.

I'd look at Colston as New Orleans is gonna be focused on locking Brees up long term and they might be willing to part with Colston if they resign Meachem since they have Jimmy Graham as a big target.

On defense the biggest need by far is a real free safety. I say move up in the draft to get that Barron guy from Alabama. Another pass rusher is a need too but Ninkovich and Anderson got decent pressure the secondary just blows ass.

Pelicans78
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
The Saints don't care too much about Meachem. He's replaceable. Obviously, Brees is the priority but they need to lock up Nicks and Colston. Colston had a fantastic season. He's not blazing fast, but he runs well, good hands, runs good routes, and is a big target. He's not a deep threat.

jjktkk
02-07-2012, 02:04 PM
The Saints don't care too much about Meachem. He's replaceable. Obviously, Brees is the priority but they need to lock up Nicks and Colston. Colston had a fantastic season. He's not blazing fast, but he runs well, good hands, runs good routes, and is a big target. He's not a deep threat.

Thats gonna be tough to lock up all three.

jjktkk
02-07-2012, 02:08 PM
The Cowboys got a few glaring holes to fill. Interior Oline, pash rusher to pair alongside Ware, and the secondary. Depending on who they sign in free agency, I see them going with the BPA approach with their 1st pick.

Pelicans78
02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Thats gonna be tough to lock up all three.

I agree. That's why they need to cut some of the overpaid veterans on defense like Vilma, Will Smith, and Sedrick Ellis. Release them all. Even Tracy Porter. Start over on defense and let Spags do whatever he wants.

dirk4mvp
02-07-2012, 05:03 PM
oh a phong! who's gonna draft Andrew Tuck?

Spurtacus
02-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Prediction.

Andrew Luck goes #1 overall.

Book it.

LnGrrrR
02-07-2012, 08:27 PM
uh let's just forget about that game and move on to the draft.

So, what are we expecting? I expect a few things.

1. Bill Belichick trading out of all his 1st round picks and not getting any impact players.

2. Bill Belichick ignoring tall, fast receivers and sticking with his beloved slow midgets, prompting him to make retarded draft picks (:lol drafting Shane Vereen, then Baltimore gets Torrey Smith one pick later).

3. Bill Belichick drafting a TE.

4. Every expert calling Bill Belichick a draft genius for dumping all his good picks and stockpiling for next year even though HE'LL DO THE SAME FUCKING THING AGAIN NEXT TIME SO WHAT'S THE GODDAMN POINT OF STOCKPILING PICKS YOU NEVER FUCKING USE????????

As soon as I read the first sentence, I immediately thought of 1 and 3.

LnGrrrR
02-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Are there any people in the secondary that are taller than 5'9" available in the draft? I say we take them.

A pass rusher would be nice, although as Will brings up Ninkovich and Anderson got much better over the course of the season. And we probably need to spend a first day pick on a D-lineman, depending on Warren's status.

leemajors
02-07-2012, 10:58 PM
The Browns will pass on RGIII and trade down from #4 because they want more "depth." They will again act as if they're allergic to drafting playmakers at the skill positions.

They'll also stand pat at QB because, while Colt McCoy can't throw a pass over 20 yards without it looking as if it's filled with helium, he's "tough" and has "all the intangibles."

:lmao

some of my friends used to claim he threw a great deep ball.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Are there any people in the secondary that are taller than 5'9" available in the draft? I say we take them.

A pass rusher would be nice, although as Will brings up Ninkovich and Anderson got much better over the course of the season. And we probably need to spend a first day pick on a D-lineman, depending on Warren's status.
I think they need to draft a D-lineman regardless of Warren tbh, the D-line outside of Wilfork is still a bunch of no names. I like what I see out of Deaderick so far but he's not gonna be the massive presence they need. I'd love to see Belichick trade up (won't happen) and get Brockers out of LSU since he has to tools to play DE in BB's system. If they got a presence on the D-line next to Wilfork that would open a lot of things up and improve the pass rush for Ninkovich and Anderson.

Dont'a Hightower is the one linebacker I'd like to use a 1st rounder on since both Mayo and Spikes blow ass in coverage and I know both you and I hate having to be in a nickel defense so much because you have no linebackers who can cover. Hightower is also an intelligent nig who called the plays at Alabama.

They're going to and it's gonna be a waste, but they shouldn't use ANOTHER early pick in the secondary since that's obviously not working. At this point their best bet to address the secondary (and receiver) is through free agency.

scott
02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
The Cowboys are only a LG, C, RG, RT*, LE, RE, MLB, OLB, CB, CB, FS, SS away from being a real contender next year!

* Assuming Smith is moving to LT next year

TIMMYtoZO
02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Giants need a pair of tight ends with Beckum/Ballard having torn acls. Hopefullu Da'rel (spelling?) Scott is ready to replace jacobs as the #2 back. Giants also need a wr with Manningham likely to bolt for more money; Hixon is too injury prone. With Goff returning, the giants will be stacked at linebacker. Aaron Ross and Terrel Thomas are free agents but.Bruce Johnson and a healthy, experienced Amukamara will do well. Giants are over the cap so Cantys overpaid ass better take a paycut.

LnGrrrR
02-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I think they need to draft a D-lineman regardless of Warren tbh, the D-line outside of Wilfork is still a bunch of no names. I like what I see out of Deaderick so far but he's not gonna be the massive presence they need. I'd love to see Belichick trade up (won't happen) and get Brockers out of LSU since he has to tools to play DE in BB's system. If they got a presence on the D-line next to Wilfork that would open a lot of things up and improve the pass rush for Ninkovich and Anderson.

Dont'a Hightower is the one linebacker I'd like to use a 1st rounder on since both Mayo and Spikes blow ass in coverage and I know both you and I hate having to be in a nickel defense so much because you have no linebackers who can cover. Hightower is also an intelligent nig who called the plays at Alabama.

They're going to and it's gonna be a waste, but they shouldn't use ANOTHER early pick in the secondary since that's obviously not working. At this point their best bet to address the secondary (and receiver) is through free agency.

I pretty much agree with all of this. I can't speak for specific players as I don't watch college, but another middle linebacker to platoon with wouldn't be bad. As much as Brady has sucked in big games, that's on Brady. He's got two good tight ends, and the O-line performed well this postseason. We could obviously get a long ball receiver (lol Slater), but since Belichick can't pick WR's for shite, I'm fine with taking a flyer on a tall, fast WR or two in the late rounds.

LnGrrrR
02-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Timmy, can you ask your front office to talk to Belichick about how to draft a decent WR? :lol

tlongII
02-10-2012, 04:04 PM
The Seahawks need a QB. I'd like to see them trade for Peyton if his arm returns to full strength. They have pretty much everything else they need.

TIMMYtoZO
02-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Timmy, can you ask your front office to talk to Belichick about how to draft a decent WR? :lol
:lol
Just go sign Manningham. The Giants wont be able to afford to keep him, but he would help to Pats better than Branch or Ocho Cinco did. It stuns me that the Pats passed on Mile Wallace and Torrie Smith for Brandon Tate and I believe Dowling.

djohn2oo8
02-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Draft BPA at the WR position. Or go after Reggie Wayne to pair alongside AJ. If we draft a WR, give me Kendall Wright please. Pay Foster, and let Mario walk.

Goran Dragic
02-11-2012, 10:36 AM
It's gonna be funny how much Brandon Lloyd gets overpaid for the 1 good season he had in a 9 year career. McFaggot wants New England to sign him and hopefully Belichick tells him to shut up and do his job.

Blake
02-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Draft BPA at the WR position. Or go after Reggie Wayne to pair alongside AJ. If we draft a WR, give me Kendall Wright please. Pay Foster, and let Mario walk.

Terrible, imo.

Pay Mario, play Tate, let Arian walk.

Use the draft pick for a defensive player instead of burning it on a wr like Wright.

Imo

Goran Dragic
02-11-2012, 11:52 AM
TBh I agree with Blake about letting Foster walk but djohn is right that they need another receiver (but it should be done through free agency). AJ is injury prone and Jacoby Jones is terrible. Mario Williams depends on how much he demands.

They should draft another corner imo.

djohn2oo8
02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Terrible, imo.

Pay Mario, play Tate, let Arian walk.

Use the draft pick for a defensive player instead of burning it on a wr like Wright.

Imo
Who's going to back up Tate though? He had a damn good season, but remember he came off a fractured ankle the year before. True that in the ZBS, any running back can look good in it, but Foster is a home run threat each time he takes the ball, and wants to be great. Mario on the other hand, well Andre said it himself "Mario could be great if he wanted to be.". and Mario is injury prone too, which is why I'd let him walk.

LnGrrrR
02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see BB make a play for Mario if his price drops.

Goran Dragic
02-14-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd be fine with him signing Mario but free safety is by far the team's biggest need.

Pelicans78
02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
I hope the Saints don't draft anyone on offense in the first day of the draft.

I think the Saints will lose Nicks or Colston. I doubt they will resign both. I would prefer Nicks over Colston, but Colston was big this season.