PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea

armynick23
02-08-2012, 03:48 AM
I love Manu and would never trade him. But it is a business so what if the bulls wanted Manu and offered Carlos Boozer and there 28th draft pick or Omer Asik or Taj Gibson. Any one or two of these individuals would boast our frontline for the future.

Please discuss:flag:

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 03:50 AM
The fact it's a business is exactly why Manu won't be traded.

TD21-FTW
02-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Big3, Leonard and Tiago should be untouchable.

Mel_13
02-08-2012, 04:51 AM
The fact it's a business is exactly why Manu won't be traded.

What he said.

There was an organized effort among a large group of season ticket holders to withhold renewals when it appeared that the Spurs might not extend Manu's contract. It's almost impossible to overstate the connection that exists between Manu and the people in the arena.

Manu will retire a Spur.

therealtruth
02-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Parker's definitely the most tradeable of the big 3.

SpurNation
02-08-2012, 05:31 AM
Parker's definitely the most tradeable of the big 3.

Yet, even that still won't happen. He may be the most trad able quality player on the team...but he's still also one of the most valuable if wanting to pursue a title.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6wjrdkn

This trade allows Spurs to shore up their inside game and get something of value for R.J. instead of just amnestying Jefferson. R.J. still has game. He's just not used to his full potential in a system that only involves him as a spot up shooter. Jefferson in the Wizards system would become more like the R.J. he played while on other teams. That plus the Wizards are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league. Solution improved via R.J.

Darkwaters
02-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Yet, even that still won't happen. He may be the most trad able quality player on the team...but he's still also one of the most valuable if wanting to pursue a title.

This trade allows Spurs to shore up their inside game and get something of value for R.J. instead of just amnestying Jefferson. R.J. still has game. He's just not used to his full potential in a system that only involves him as a spot up shooter. Jefferson in the Wizards system would become more like the R.J. he played while on other teams. That plus the Wizards are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league. Solution improved via R.J.

Ok....so why do the Cavaliers want Blatche for Varejao?

SpurNation
02-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Ok....so why do the Cavaliers want Blatche for Varejao?

By most accounts...same type of player. But I would think younger plus appx. 1.5 mil less per year might be incentive to not lose out totally on giving up Varejao. Projection states a -8 wins for Cavs with this deal. But with them essentially being the same type of player, I don't think that be the case. However, if it were to be the case...Cavs in line to garnish a high draft pick in a draft loaded with good big men. Also, Cavs have cap room to pursue via free agency a solid wing player where in next years draft they're not as many talented wings or guards.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-08-2012, 08:21 AM

The Spurs don't WANT anything for Jefferson. That would mean they would have to continue to pay the tax on that very large salary slot and not be able to use their exception(s) AGAIN this summer.

Richard Jefferson will be amnestied this summer. I think if they had any idea of how good KL and DG would be they would have pulled the trigger in December.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2012, 09:20 AM
potential to sign d12 end of the season if we amnesty rj and duncans contract of the books

now why do you wanan trade gino now for shit, and add more payroll...

Mal
02-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Trade Manu for Boozer !
http://cdn.overclock.net/a/a6/a624466f_so_much_fail_trollcat.jpeg

SpurNation
02-08-2012, 10:38 AM
The Spurs don't WANT anything for Jefferson. That would mean they would have to continue to pay the tax on that very large salary slot and not be able to use their exception(s) AGAIN this summer.

Richard Jefferson will be amnestied this summer. I think if they had any idea of how good KL and DG would be they would have pulled the trigger in December.

You could be correct. But I find it hard to believe that Mr. Holt would be willing to still pay a salary regardless if it doesn't count against the cap IF they could get something for Jefferson.

Who out of the list of F/A's next year is worth the risk of not joining the Spurs AND still paying R.J.'s salary if amnestied? Unrestricted...Howard, Kaman, Garnett, Camby? Restricted...McGee, Jason Thompson, Love, Hibbert, Darrell Arthur? If worth that risk...for how much to still be willing to pay Jefferson's contract?

Mal
02-08-2012, 12:31 PM

Only make sense if Varejao was blocking slot for some talented rookie or badly sucks. He isnt both.
Only make sense if trade for Blatche, wouldnt block slot for talented rookie. It would.

Wizards must have salary above minimum. That`s why they still have Rashard Lewis. They are about to extend Young and McGee. They still wouldnt reach minimal salary for the team, but with huge Lewis contract, they could search for cheaper filler. Even though, Lewis expiring 23 mil, is huge trade bait. Some teams are willing to give some talent, picks only to clear 23 mil for themselves. They could trade his ass before deadline in 2013, and avoid takes then.

This trade isnt gonna happen at all. I cant see any team willing to take RJ and pay him 10 mil over next 2,5 year. He will be amnestied by Spurs in June/July.

Mel_13
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
You could be correct. But I find it hard to believe that Mr. Holt would be willing to still pay a salary regardless if it doesn't count against the cap IF they could get something for Jefferson.

Who out of the list of F/A's next year is worth the risk of not joining the Spurs AND still paying R.J.'s salary if amnestied? Unrestricted...Howard, Kaman, Garnett, Camby? Restricted...McGee, Jason Thompson, Love, Hibbert, Darrell Arthur? If worth that risk...for how much to still be willing to pay Jefferson's contract?

The cumulative effects of a portion of the amnestied player salary claimed, luxury tax avoided, and luxury tax distribution received, make it very easy to sketch a scenario where:

1. Amnesty is used on RJ
2. Total payroll expenditures are several million dollars lower than this year
3. Payroll expenditures for player salaries outside of RJ are several million dollars more than this year.

In short, the amnesty could very well allow Holt to spend less money to buy more talent.

JR3
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Hell no.

baseline bum
02-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Boozer sucks; pass.

SpurNation
02-08-2012, 02:27 PM
The cumulative effects of a portion of the amnestied player salary claimed, luxury tax avoided, and luxury tax distribution received, make it very easy to sketch a scenario where:

1. Amnesty is used on RJ
2. Total payroll expenditures are several million dollars lower than this year
3. Payroll expenditures for player salaries outside of RJ are several million dollars more than this year.

In short, the amnesty could very well allow Holt to spend less money to buy more talent.

Thanks to all for the information.

I guess I'm not fully understanding what "cap holds" mean.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

I was taking it as the Spurs, even if Duncan takes less next season, were going to have to count a percentage of Jefferson's contract via "cap hold" rules if they don't officially waive him though his total salary wouldn't count against the cap via amnesty.

Sometimes one can think about it too much like I just did. My bad.

Mel_13
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks to all for the information.

I guess I'm not fully understanding what "cap holds" mean.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

I was taking it as the Spurs, even if Duncan takes less next season, were going to have to count a percentage of Jefferson's contract via "cap hold" rules if they don't officially waive him though his total salary wouldn't count against the cap via amnesty.

Sometimes one can think about it too much like I just did. My bad.

If they use the amnesty on RJ, his entire salary is removed from salary cap and luxury tax calculations.

cantthinkofanything
02-08-2012, 02:40 PM

With the short season there's no point in trading Parker without significanlty hurting their playoff chances (however small). Hopefully, he continues to have a good year and will have decent value after the season. If you listen to the opposing teams announcers, he hasn't lost a step.

The ADMIRAL 50
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Reallllllly shitty trade idea.

I would love it if Taj Gibson were a Spur

But yea, realllllly shitty trade idea.

Boozer has been garbage ever since he went to Chicago.

SpurNation
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
With the short season there's no point in trading Parker without significanlty hurting their playoff chances (however small). Hopefully, he continues to have a good year and will have decent value after the season. If you listen to the opposing teams announcers, he hasn't lost a step.

Not sure where you got "Parker" from my take...but I agree.

Anonymous Cowherd
02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I love Manu and would never trade him.

...end of thread.

cantthinkofanything
02-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Not sure where you got "Parker" from my take...but I agree.

I was agreeing with your comment which I thought was referring to Parker. Sorry if I misunderstood.

SpurNation
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I was agreeing with your comment which I thought was referring to Parker. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Nah. You did understand. It was I who didn't follow you. Me thinks the day's been too long.

Jeez. Is this what one becomes when trying to quit smoking? Can't follow. Agitated. And worst of all...feel like your outside yourself looking at a different person.

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Shit...Fuck...Son A Bitch...Damn Habit...I Will Quit Smoking.

There...got it out. Sorry for the profanity.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-08-2012, 05:36 PM
God damn it, that was fucking rude of you to swear like a son of a bitch.