PDA

View Full Version : smfh at Pop

FkLA
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Pop just ruined a great fucking night for me tbh. He just confirmed to me that he will choose Bonner 9.9999 times out of 10 to play alongside Duncan. He doesnt even seem to take into consideration how each player is performing throughout the game. Splitter is destroying the Sixers and he decides to leave the Ginger in there to close the game? I actually really like Pop and I know that this horse has been beat to death, but there just is no logical reason to play Bonner over Splitter in crunchtime. Especially not tonight.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Pop just ruined a great fucking night for me tbh. He just confirmed to me that he will choose Bonner 9.9999 times out of 10 to play alongside Duncan. He doesnt even seem to take into consideration how each player is performing throughout the game. Splitter is destroying the Sixers and he decides to leave the Ginger in there to close the game?

I actually really like Pop and I know that this horse has been beat to death, but there just is no logical reason to play Bonner over Splitter in crunchtime. Especially not tonight.

Yes there is. Tim wouldn't be able to operate in the paint with Splitter in there. They have to honor Bonner on the arc. It is a dead horse. It was a dead horse long ago. We just beat the best defensive team in the NBA, hanging 100 on a team that gives up 85 a game, and all you can do is bitch.

timvp
02-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Tbh, this is a win you just enjoy and worry about the details another day.

Spursfan092120
02-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Are we seriously at this point? Are we seriously bitching about Pop playing Bonner after that game? Bonner played good. Good defense, good rebounding. Bonner's ability to shoot the 3 spread the court out well tonight.

DesignatedT
02-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah I mean we just have a 18-9 record and won 6 in a row without our best player but fuck him! fire his ass!

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
i wont be tunin into games no more, once u see splitter in the game and then subbed, thats it for the rest of the quarter and the next, he wont be seeing any action till the 2nd half late in the 3rd quarter....

he only played 6mins in the first half, which was the first quarter, 2nd quarter he was bench for no reason....the times he was in the game, we were pulling out 10pt leads out of nowhere...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Yeah, I questioned it in the game thread because Splitter was killing them, but it was clear what Pop was doing. We need three 3pt shooters on the court to space when he wants to go inside to Timmy or pnr Parker. Like it or not, that's why Bonner is on the team.

Now if only we could swap Bonner for Ryan Anderson we wouldn't have to complain so much... but that is not going to happen. :lol

FkLA
Pop is the man, wouldnt want any other coach running this team. But he isnt god, the nigga is capable of making questionable decisions and this is perhaps his most questionable one ever. I dont give a fuck if Splitter cant shoot the three...hes a vastly superior rebounder, defender, and finisher than any other big man on this roster outside of Duncan. Give me that over the ability to shoot the three in crunchtime. If hes not gonna start atleast let him fucking finish the game.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Pop is the man, wouldnt want any other coach running this team. But he isnt god, the nigga is capable of making questionable decisions and this is perhaps his most questionable one ever. I dont give a fuck if Splitter cant shoot the three...hes a vastly superior rebounder, defender, and finisher than any other big man on this roster outside of Duncan. Give me that over the ability to shoot the three in crunchtime. If hes not gonna start atleast let him fucking finish the game.

Splitter doesn't need to be able to shoot the 3 ball, he needs a credible jumper from both elbows and both baselines, something like McDyess had. That will earn him an instant 10 minutes per game bump.

maverick1948
02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Bonner had a great game. I've said it before, he does things none of his critics see. He blocks out on the boards. 9 rebounds tonight and somebody has to gripe.

HarlemHeat37
02-08-2012, 09:41 PM
At this point, I'll take Splitter getting more minutes at any point in the game, it doesn't need to be to close the game, tbh..

Blair shouldn't receive more than 10 minutes a game, maybe 15, if he's playing well..

Arc
02-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Splitter doesn't need to be able to shoot the 3 ball, he needs a credible jumper from both elbows and both baselines, something like McDyess had. That will earn him an instant 10 minutes per game bump.

duncan should be taking the jumpers, seeing as how splitter is a better finisher around the rim.

Wild Cobra Kai
Bonner had a great game. I've said it before, he does things none of his critics see. He blocks out on the boards. 9 rebounds tonight and somebody has to gripe.

He had 10 boards just the other night, but...Bonner is bad.:bang

WeNeedLength

I'm more confident Splitter will get us 2 points in the post now than Timmy tbqh. Timmy is that player you just described.

itzsoweezee
02-08-2012, 09:43 PM

^^^^^^^ hasn't watched the Spurs playoff games the last 4 years. Bonner is fools gold. His regular season performance means jack shit. We all know what's coming when the playoffs start. Popovich should stop hiding his head in the sand.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I questioned it in the game thread because Splitter was killing them, but it was clear what Pop was doing. We need three 3pt shooters on the court to space when he wants to go inside to Timmy or pnr Parker. Like it or not, that's why Bonner is on the team.

Now if only we could swap Bonner for Ryan Anderson we wouldn't have to complain so much... but that is not going to happen. :lol

i felt bonner played good tonight, even though he didnt contributed much on offense, just the effort in rebounding and spreading the floor was seen tonight....where else if you compared that to what RJ and BLAIR did all game was fkn pathetic contribution...rjs only points came from the ft line in the final minutes of the game, did shit all on the court no defense/rebound effort...just running up and down the court like his on cross country or someshit...

as for blair, makes more stupid plays offensively/defensively....give ball in the low block dont expect it to come out...

Ice009
02-08-2012, 09:45 PM

He did have a solid game. I will admit though, my main worry was how his defense would be on Young in the last 4-5 minutes of the game. That's the main reason I wanted Tiago out there, for more defense. Maybe Bonner was the better match up in this game? What do you guys think? Can Splitter play with Tim defensively against some of the quicker players?

WeNeedLength
02-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I think the problem with Blair is that he sees how much better Tiago is than him in the post so when he gets the ball he tries to make stupidly hard shots with no lift that get blocked or clank off the rim. He's worried about his minutes tbh...

SequSpur
02-08-2012, 09:47 PM
If it wasn't for Bob hill...pop would be the best coach in history..Fo

dbestpro
02-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Enjoy the win, I agree, but there's not a one of you that won't be crying in your beer come playoff time with Splitter on the bench and Bonner clanging shots and being posterized for a fatso pic.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2012, 09:51 PM
I think the problem with Blair is that he sees how much better Tiago is than him in the post so when he gets the ball he tries to make stupidly hard shots with no lift that get blocked or clank off the rim. He's worried about his minutes tbh...

if you cant help on offensive output, at leasts fkn put more effort into rebounding and defending, both of which his regressing for no reason

jag
02-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Yes there is. Tim wouldn't be able to operate in the paint with Splitter in there.

Tim is shooting 38% on all shots coming from post-up plays this season. Compare that to Tiago, who's shooting 45% on all shots coming from post-up plays.

Duncan's offense will be up and down this season, I'm ok with that, but there's no reason for him to force the issue in the low-post when he's not hot or facing a mismatch. Especially when you consider how well Tiago has done in the low-post once he gets into the flow of the game.

I believe both players can, and should be able to operate well within the Spurs offense while on the floor together. The pick-n-roll is a big part of both Duncan's and Tiago's offense. Duncan and Tiago both perform very well off the pick-n-roll, but they are very different in the way they play the roll-man. Duncan has the ability to (and is good at) rolling out and hitting the midrange J. Splitter is better at rolling hard to the basket and attacking the rim. It's been said many times, but as far as the post-game, Duncan should move his offense to the high-post and allow Tiago the low-post positioning.

In short, I don't see any reason why putting Duncan and Tiago on the floor together shouldn't work. This is the time during the season when it should be an absolute priority for Pop and the rest of the coaching staff to get Splitter and Duncan on the floor together so they can build some chemistry while figuring out their floor spacing and offensive roles. They've looked downright bad on the floor together at times but growing pains are necessary and will be well worth it once the playoffs come.

E-RockWill
02-08-2012, 10:00 PM
^^^^^^^ hasn't watched the Spurs playoff games the last 4 years. Bonner is fools gold. His regular season performance means jack shit. We all know what's coming when the playoffs start. Popovich should stop hiding his head in the sand.

:bang
The entire team lost their offense the past 2 years in the playoffs.
Your argument is incomplete, my friend.

Enjoy the win & enjoy the best team defense we've seen in a while.
Sheesh....

angelbelow
02-08-2012, 10:01 PM
76ers went for small ball. They had T-Young as their PF for most if not all of the 4th. I don't think our lead was in any danger either. We had to lock down Lou Williams and AI down the stretch and Splitter isn't going to do either of those.

I'm a big proponent of Splitter getting more minutes but I thought this game was justified. With that said Splitter was instrumental in our win in his limited playing time, he stretched our lead out, played solid defense and made Parker look unguardable.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 10:04 PM
i wont be tunin into games no morespurfan entertains.

silverblk mystix
02-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Thaddeus Erving Bird begs to differ....

he was torching Bonner at will but I am sure you "overlooked" that...

nbaman99
02-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Yes there is. Tim wouldn't be able to operate in the paint with Splitter in there. They have to honor Bonner on the arc. It is a dead horse. It was a dead horse long ago. We just beat the best defensive team in the NBA, hanging 100 on a team that gives up 85 a game, and all you can do is bitch.

right on. Seems to me like Matty playing good, but some people still want to crush him, no matter what he dose.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2012, 10:20 PM
hopefully this is the final season of rj and blair in the spurs team colors.....

silverblk mystix
02-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Pop just ruined a great fucking night for me tbh. He just confirmed to me that he will choose Bonner 9.9999 times out of 10 to play alongside Duncan. He doesnt even seem to take into consideration how each player is performing throughout the game. Splitter is destroying the Sixers and he decides to leave the Ginger in there to close the game? I actually really like Pop and I know that this horse has been beat to death, but there just is no logical reason to play Bonner over Splitter in crunchtime. Especially not tonight.

This is exactly how I felt.....

ALL LAST FUCKIN' SEASON AND STILL CONTINUING THIS SEASON!

No one gets this until the spurs get eliminated again this year with Bonner playing twice as many minutes as Tiago....

DAF86
02-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Blair doesn't stretch the floor either and he plays alongside Duncan. I would rather give Blair's minutes to Splitter, tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2012, 10:22 PM
right on. Seems to me like Matty playing good, but some people still want to crush him, no matter what he dose.

99% of the posters on here dont watch the game, they prefer to base there arguments from watching the stat sheet ..... :toast

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Blair doesn't stretch the floor either and he plays alongside Duncan. I would rather give Blair's minutes to Splitter, tbh.That could conceivably screw up the offense in both lineups.

therealtruth
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM

Just look forward to when he does it in the playoffs in a crucial game.

DAF86
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Seriously, 7-10 from the field, 15 pts and only 17 mins? That shouldn't happen, If he can't take any of Bonner or Blair's minutes (which is what should happen) then at this point I would even dare to say that Duncan should play less to give Tiago more playing time.

therealtruth
02-08-2012, 10:31 PM

Not every team plays with a 4 that can hit 3's. People act like teams never won games before stretch 4's. It's great if your power forward can space the floor but it's not the only way to win. How many 3's did Pau Gasol take when the Lakers were winning?

DAF86
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
That could conceivably screw up the offense in both lineups.

OK, keep Blair in the rotation but play Duncan and Splitter toghether. If Blair can play with Duncan so can Tiago.

therealtruth
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM

Does he do that in the playoffs?

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Not every team plays with a 4 that can hit 3's. People act like teams never won games before stretch 4's. It's great if your power forward can space the floor but it's not the only way to win. How many 3's did Pau Gasol take when the Lakers were winning?Doesn't have to be threes.

I'm fine with playing Splitter more, and with Duncan. I guess I should be more angry.

therealtruth
02-08-2012, 10:38 PM
He did have a solid game. I will admit though, my main worry was how his defense would be on Young in the last 4-5 minutes of the game. That's the main reason I wanted Tiago out there, for more defense. Maybe Bonner was the better match up in this game? What do you guys think? Can Splitter play with Tim defensively against some of the quicker players?

The matchup works both ways. Tiago would abuse Young on offense.

Mugen
02-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I think the not playing Splitter excuse of the week is they are trying to showcase DeJuan for a possible trade.

It's not working, Pop. He's driving his value down with every game.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I think the not playing Splitter excuse of the week is they are trying to showcase DeJuan for a possible trade.By playing him less than 19 minutes average the last five games?

SpurNation
02-08-2012, 10:46 PM
...but there just is no logical reason...people complain when Spurs win.

Mugen
02-08-2012, 10:49 PM
By playing him less than 19 minutes average the last five games?

When his play has warranted half of that, tbh.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2012, 10:51 PM
When his play has warranted half of that, tbh.No one is going to go with a three man rotation.

Mugen
02-08-2012, 10:59 PM
No one is going to go with a three man rotation.

I'm fine with giving DeJuan 8-10 minutes.

Give an extra 5-10 to Tiago. Or go with small ball with RJ/Leonard. It's not like Pop HAS to play DeJuan 20min/game.

angelbelow
02-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Not every team plays with a 4 that can hit 3's. People act like teams never won games before stretch 4's. It's great if your power forward can space the floor but it's not the only way to win. How many 3's did Pau Gasol take when the Lakers were winning?

Gasol has a pretty solid 15-18 footer though. Hes excellent from the high post. They also had Lamar who could basically do damage from anywhere on the court.

To win you actually do need a floor spacer. Look at every single championship team the past 10 years.
Mavericks: Dirk
Lakers: Odom/Gasol
Celtics: KG, Pj Brown
Spurs (07): No standouts but collectively Oberto, Horry and Elson
Pistons: Rasheed, Okur
Spurs (05): Rasho, Horry, Sean marks (lol)
Spurs (03): The Admiral, Rose, Ferry
Lakers 3peat: Horry, Horace Grant

Mugen
02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
all of those floor spacers (sans Dirk) are pretty good defenders/rebounders. And they actually spaced the floor by hitting their shots in the playoffs.

Our floor spacer...not so much.

Obstructed_View
02-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Way too early in the season. Everyone's getting time. Can't change it. This was a good win against a good team. You guys won't survive this short run if you let this bug you that bad.

angelbelow
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
all of those floor spacers (sans Dirk) are pretty good defenders/rebounders. And they actually spaced the floor by hitting their shots in the playoffs.

Our floor spacer...not so much.

lol yea..:depressed

FkLA
02-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Gasol has a pretty solid 15-18 footer though. Hes excellent from the high post. They also had Lamar who could basically do damage from anywhere on the court.

To win you actually do need a floor spacer. Look at every single championship team the past 10 years.
Mavericks: Dirk
Lakers: Odom/Gasol
Celtics: KG, Pj Brown
Spurs (07): No standouts but collectively Oberto, Horry and Elson
Pistons: Rasheed, Okur
Spurs (05): Rasho, Horry, Sean marks (lol)
Spurs (03): The Admiral, Rose, Ferry
Lakers 3peat: Horry, Horace Grant

Bonner can be a part of the rotation and if the situation calls for it even be out there in late-game situations. Splitter should be the man closing out most games alongside Duncan though. Like _JaG mentioned Duncan himself has a solid 15 footer and Tiago has been our most efficient player in the post, so theres no reason why Tim couldnt move over and be the floor spreader.

Blair just sucks, 15 mins a night max for him imo. Preferably 10 if it means more time for Splitter.

mystargtr34
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
As Harlem said... i dont mind Bonner getting some extra minutes when hes hitting his shots, rebounding adequately, and isnt getting torched on D. Although tonight you can make a case he was only doing one of those things :lol yet he still gets garuanteed minutes.

Blair on the other hand.. should never ever get more minutes than Splitter.. since Tiago does everything Blair does (which isnt much) better.. plus a whole bunch more. Blair brings nothing to the table that Splitter doesn't.

Im sure Pop is keeping Blair in the starting lineup simply because Blair will go whataburger on the Spurs if he gets benched. It wasnt fair to the team to give Tiago 30 minutes a night from the get go at the start of last season... now it isnt fair to give him anymore minutes because Blair's feeling will get hurt :lol. What is this.. Under 12's basketball. Did DeJuan's parents complain when he was benched last season? Play the better players. Please.

SequSpur
02-08-2012, 11:39 PM
99% of the posters on here dont watch the game, they prefer to base there arguments from watching the stat sheet ..... :toast

Exactly.

Solid D is the leader. He will post tomorrow when he picks up the Express News from the panhandler on the corner of San Pedro and 410.

gospursgojas
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Do we really need this thread every fucking game?

mystargtr34
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Pop sees Bonner arguably as the 4th most important player on the team imo.. when the Spurs backs are against the wall and he wants his favourite lineup on the floor.. i wuld put my money on seeing Tim-Bonner-RJ-Manu-Parker.

Pop thinks he has a gem on his hands with Matty :lol that other teams would love to have.

DesignatedT
02-08-2012, 11:43 PM

Seriously. It's the same fucking thread started over and over on this damn board.

Hooks
02-09-2012, 01:06 AM

Are we seriously at this point? Are we seriously bitching about Pop playing Bonner after that game? Bonner played good. Good defense, good rebounding. Bonner's ability to shoot the 3 spread the court out well tonight.

Delusional Bonner fans are delusional.

Thaddeus Erving Bird begs to differ....

he was torching Bonner at will but I am sure you "overlooked" that...

What!? Somebody actually watched the game?

TBH the only good thing Bonner did today was grab defensive boards, and knock down a 3. On defense is where he got raped by an athletic PF which usually happens to him most of the time.

Facts do not lie!

1st quarter:
5:41 Young checks in

3:10 Bonner checks in
1:21 Young gets a block on Bonner's jumper
36.5 Young gets an O-reb. and putback layup

Total time Bonner has guarded Young: 3:10

Young-2pts, 1 block, 1 O Reb. in 3:10

2nd quarter:
8:27, Young running jump shot
7:40, Young hook shot missed
4:42 Bonner substitution
Young makes a layup as soon as Bonner leaves for Green

Young/Bonner come in for the last 20 secs.

Young 4 points, 2-3 in 10:48 mins vs Bonner, all 3 of Young's misses came in the 2nd quarter.

Pretty good defense by Bonner so far.

3rd quarter:
Blair Substitution replaced by Bonner 03:06

Allen Substitution replaced by Young 1:57

46.9 Young Jump Shot: Made (8 PTS) Assist: Iguodala (3 AST)

16.1 Green comes in for Bonner

End of 3rd.

Total time Bonner guarded Young-1:47

Young vs Bonner:
6 pts in 12:35 for Young vs Bonner, so far Young has missed 1 shot against Bonner going 3-4 against him.

4th quarter is when Young started receiving the ball more and scoring.

10:58 Young driving hook shot
Bonner: O-Reb
9:48 Young dunks it on a fast break
9:03 Young O-Reb
8:20 Young Jump shot
8:01 Young O reb
4:36 Young jump shot
52 Bonner out

Young vs Bonner=14 pts on 7-8 shooting in 24 mins. out of the 31 mins he played, Young went 8-11 from the field throughout the game.

Dude could've gone for 30+ if he demanded the ball.

ElNono
02-09-2012, 01:52 AM
QUOTABLE: "His basketball IQ is off the charts."
-- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich on Tiago Splitter's 15-point performance in 17 minutes.

QUOTABLE II: "I love playing pick-and-roll with Tiago. He's always in perfect position."
-- Tony Parker on Tiago Splitter.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/games/120208postgame.html

Sean Cagney
02-09-2012, 02:19 AM
QUOTABLE: "His basketball IQ is off the charts."
-- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich on Tiago Splitter's 15-point performance in 17 minutes.

QUOTABLE II: "I love playing pick-and-roll with Tiago. He's always in perfect position."
-- Tony Parker on Tiago Splitter.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/games/120208postgame.html

He should get more MINS, PERIOD! Bonner yeah blah blah blah some games he hits shots and does this or hustles! If you are waiting for the playoffs he will do what he does all the time, shoot below 40% on threes and so on! Nothing else but get torched. Year after year we heaer the same sh*t about Bonner lol, he is this and that but later on it's the same old song. IF THE SPURS want to win and get some kind of C out there, I suggest playing this guy Splitter more as he is very effecient and can play some D and has a post game.

POP FOR GODS SAKES 15 pts in 17 mins! Well play him near 30 and he getes over 20 a game easily! This dude is talented, period.

roycrikside
02-09-2012, 02:24 AM

Something I noticed late in the last win against Memphis, and I think it was applicable again tonight, is that I think Pop feels he has to play Bonner over Tiago in the last 2-3 minutes if it's not a 2-3 point game and the lead is more like 5-10 points.

The reasoning is fairly straightforward. Teams that are down multiple scores late often take out their second big and feel they need to shoot threes to catch up. Like it or not, Bonner has more foot speed on the perimeter and more agility outside than Tiago does. Obviously he's not as quick in the paint and not nearly as strong as Tiago, but he's far more experienced playing out to the three point line against opposing shooters.

If people are playing small against the Spurs and trying to shoot threes to catch up, Pop will act in kind by playing smaller as well.

On the other side of the court, teams that are down multiple possessions will have to take more risks on defense, doubling inside, sagging in the paint, trapping and all that good stuff. Bonner can space the floor to give Tim more space and also punish people who are too aggressive in their traps and double teams. It actually makes quite a bit of sense to have him in there late.

All that being said, I'm definitely in favor of Tim and Tiago playing more together, especially against other teams who have two bigs out there. I've said consistently that the problem with the big man rotation isn't Bonner, it's Blair. Tiago needs more of his minutes.

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2012, 04:09 AM

TBH the only good thing Bonner did today was grab defensive boards, and knock down a 3. On defense is where he got raped by an athletic PF which usually happens to him most of the time.

Young vs Bonner=14 pts on 7-8 shooting in 24 mins. out of the 31 mins he played, Young went 8-11 from the field throughout the game.

yeh he got abused on the other end, funni how you rubbed it into him, when the other 2 wankers blair and rj did shit all tonight, no defense, no help defense, no rebounding....dont get me started with their offensive game tonight and how passive that piece of shit rj is....the point he scored came from the final minutes of the game on a hack....the t ime these 2 was on the floor together blew down our leads and basically playin 2 on 5 with duncan and parker bailing out these negative outliers...

even KL, green, neal tonight got burned on the defensive duties....

z0sa
02-09-2012, 04:13 AM
:lol Thaddeus Young nailed a bunch of jumpers. Do you think some paint-oriented 7 footer would have changed that? Instead of pissing on Bonner, give Young some G-D credit for nailing contested jumpshots.

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2012, 04:38 AM
the way we are playin lately, is like last season pace....

jestersmash
02-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Matt Bonner's been given significant playoff time during the previous 3 playoffs. I know most people aren't the biggest fans of PER on these boards, but as very, very rough estimate of overall impact, I think PER can be a passable stat in a pinch.

Playoff PER

Matt Bonner
2008-2009: 3.3
2009-2010: 8.6
2010-2011: 11.8 (playing 20.5 MPG for a total of 6 games and 123 minutes during the Memphis series)

Tiago Splitter
2010-2011: 21.1 (playing 16.7 MPG for a total of 3 games and 50 minutes during the Memphis series)

Note: The league average PER is 15.0

:stirpot:

By the way, here are playoff PER stats for the Big 3 for anyone interested -

Tony Parker
2001-2002: 16.4
2002-2003: 11.9
2003-2004: 18.9
2004-2005: 12.0
2005-2006: 17.5
2006-2007: 18.7 <--- Finals MVP
2007-2008: 19.9
2008-2009: 29.3
2009-2010: 16.7
2010-2011: 17.6
Average = 16.6

Manu Ginobili
2002-2003: 15.0
2003-2004: 22.2
2004-2005: 24.8 <-- Duncan Finals MVP (Duncan PER = 24.9)
2005-2006: 21.5
2006-2007: 21.9 <-- Parker Finals MVP (Parker PER = 18.7)
2007-2008: 17.1
2008-2009: DNP
2009-2010: 21.4
2010-2011: 22.3
Average = 20.6

Tim Duncan
1997-1998: 20.4
1998-1999: 25.1 <-- Finals MVP
2000-2001: 25.4
2001-2002: 31.8
2002-2003: 28.4 <-- Finals MVP
2003-2004: 24.1
2004-2005: 24.9 <-- Finals MVP
2005-2006: 30.4
2006-2007: 27.4
2007-2008: 21.9
2008-2009: 27.3
2009-2010: 19.7
2010-2011: 15.5
Average = 25.4

:stirpot:

Wild Cobra Kai
02-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Pop sees Bonner arguably as the 4th most important player on the team imo.. when the Spurs backs are against the wall and he wants his favourite lineup on the floor.. i wuld put my money on seeing Tim-Bonner-RJ-Manu-Parker.

Pop thinks he has a gem on his hands with Matty :lol that other teams would love to have.

You must not watch the games. He's shown little to no patience with RJ when the chips are down. That lineup would have either KL or DG on the floor. I fully expect RJ to drop to about 20 mpg when Manu comes back. He'll still start, only because Pop doesn't want him to completely go into the shitter mentally.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Exactly.

Solid D is the leader. He will post tomorrow when he picks up the Express News from the panhandler on the corner of San Pedro and 410.

Say hi to him when he buys that paper from you...

bus driver
02-09-2012, 09:10 AM

A+

Enjoy the win, I agree, but there's not a one of you that won't be crying in your beer come playoff time with Splitter on the bench and Bonner clanging shots and being posterized for a fatso pic.

We live my the jump shot and we will die by the jump shot. not a huge fan of bonner or rj (dont hate them like most here) but if they get the spurs a few extra wins or go off on scoring then i will take it. i only hope it pays off during playoff time, but wont cry if it fails.

:flag:

manufan10
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Agreed. This thread should just be stickied to the top.. that way we can have all the hate in one spot.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 10:02 AM

Facts do not lie!

1st quarter:

2nd quarter:

Young 4 points, 2-3 in 10:48 mins vs Bonner, all 3 of Young's misses came in the 2nd quarter.

3rd quarter:

End of 3rd.

Young vs Bonner:
6 pts in 12:35 for Young vs Bonner, so far Young has missed 1 shot against Bonner going 3-4 against him.

52 Bonner out

Be careful when you present facts to people that have Pop-colored glasses on full time...they can get a little nasty...

This is something that always happens...fans are so ready to be satisfied--just because Bonner didn't fuck up too
badly...

But this movie has been played before and we know the ending...
I would bet anything that Tiago is probably faster/quicker than Bonner also which would negate the bullshit argument that Bonner is necessary to guard quick perimeter players...

Throw Tiago out there and tell him to stick to his man and I bet my balls he would be a lot more effective than Bonner...

One can play...
One is a proven choker...

Very simple...

Unless you are Pop.

therealtruth
02-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Be careful when you present facts to people that have Pop-colored glasses on full time...they can get a little nasty...

This is something that always happens...fans are so ready to be satisfied--just because Bonner didn't fuck up too
badly...

But this movie has been played before and we know the ending...
I would bet anything that Tiago is probably faster/quicker than Bonner also which would negate the bullshit argument that Bonner is necessary to guard quick perimeter players...

Throw Tiago out there and tell him to stick to his man and I bet my balls he would be a lot more effective than Bonner...

One can play...
One is a proven choker...

Very simple...

Unless you are Pop.

It's not just Tiago's defense. Tiago can actually make a team pay for playing an undersized power forward on offense unlike Bonner. Teams will think twice about going small if Tiago is scoring points in the paint and drawing fouls.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
It's not just Tiago's defense. Tiago can actually make a team pay for playing an undersized power forward on offense unlike Bonner. Teams will think twice about going small if Tiago is scoring points in the paint and drawing fouls.

We are nowhere near the "God" that Pop is...

yet we can see this simple fact.

BRs.Ganso
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM

Facts do not lie!

1st quarter:

2nd quarter:

3rd quarter:

End of 3rd.

Young vs Bonner:

52 Bonner out