NewcastleKEG
02-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Yet another Coach K classic

Duke was down 10 with 2 minutes remaining

LWYT7Z-Cu2Y

JamStone
02-09-2012, 02:32 AM
Lmao Tyler Zeller

In final couple minutes, tipped in a basket for Duke, missed two free throws, and was defending Rivers on the game-winning shot. He got shat on.

Banzai
02-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Wow..pretty sweet shot

pass1st
02-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Rivers is going to be one hell of a player in the league

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2012, 04:00 AM
his already declaring for the 2012 draft

same with tim hardaway son....

u know ur old when players you watchin during the 90s, their children are declaring for the draft 20yrs later...

baseline bum
02-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Zeller was lucky that tip-in didn't count as a three. As for Rivers, why do people constantly compare him to Wade? He doesn't have Wade's height (bullshit that Rivers is 6'4") nor athleticism. He's really creative attacking the basket and his jumper is pretty nice, so I could see him having a ceiling of a shorter Ray Allen. He'd be a great gamble with a mid to late teens first rounder if he comes out this year, though I I'd take a swing with a little more height like Quincy Miller, Jeremy Lamb, or Terrence Jones if I had a late lottery pick and wanted a SG.

LnGrrrR
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Rivers is going to be one hell of a player in the league

Hoping that his Dad nudges him towards a certain team, nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean?

lefty
02-09-2012, 01:28 PM
So is Doc trying to trade Rondo to make room for Austin ?

dirk4mvp
02-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Based Jamal Crawford.

BUMP
02-09-2012, 01:34 PM
North Carolina!!!?!?!!?!?!?!

More like South Maryland!!

JamStone
02-09-2012, 01:43 PM
his already declaring for the 2012 draft

same with tim hardaway son....

u know ur old when players you watchin during the 90s, their children are declaring for the draft 20yrs later...

I think how far Duke goes in the tournament will dictate whether Rivers declares or not. I don't think it's a sure thing by any means.

Hardaway, Jr. is better off not declaring this season. He's had a really poor stretch of shooting lately. His draft stock is probably spiraling right now. He can't hit a jumper and he hasn't mixed it up enough with drives to make up for it. He got completely shut down against Michigan State. He's been pretty bad for a couple weeks now.

pass1st
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Hoping that his Dad nudges him towards a certain team, nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean?

Hornets?

baseline bum
02-09-2012, 02:44 PM
It's kind of an interesting question whether Rivers should declare or not. This draft he'd probably go about 15 and be able to net $7 million over the next 4 years. If he stays in school and comes out for the 2013 draft he'd likely be a top 5 pick, and be able to get about $9 million over the first 3 years coming out. Of course he could become an unrestricted free agent a year earlier by coming out this draft instead. I'd probably take the safe route and come out this season for my almost guaranteed $7 million rather than risk an injury next year.

NewcastleKEG
02-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I think he leaves. His game is perfect for the NBA & he doesn't have much to improve staying in College

JamStone
02-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Probably could stand to stay another year to improve his PG skills. Right now, he's pretty much a scorer. He's got handles but he hasn't shown he can be an above average playmaker for his teammates. I think his size and build as of right now is more suited for the PG position at the NBA level. He could grow a couple more inches and he'll get stronger, but it wouldn't hurt to work on his PG abilities in case he is forced to play PG at the next level.

tlongII
02-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I think he should stay in school. He obviously doesn't need the money to feed his family.

FkLA
02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Doc looks so proud :)

Mal
02-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Zeller was lucky that tip-in didn't count as a three.

Why it should ? It wasnt goaltending or so.

the plane ride
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
looks like my trip out from Chapel Hill isn't gonna be very loud i said

LnGrrrR
02-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Hornets?

Nah, Orlando tbh

pass1st
02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Nah, Orlando tbh

Rivers + Howard would be interesting

baseline bum
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Probably could stand to stay another year to improve his PG skills. Right now, he's pretty much a scorer. He's got handles but he hasn't shown he can be an above average playmaker for his teammates. I think his size and build as of right now is more suited for the PG position at the NBA level. He could grow a couple more inches and he'll get stronger, but it wouldn't hurt to work on his PG abilities in case he is forced to play PG at the next level.

I can't see him ever playing point, especially with Seth Curry and Quinn Cook already at Duke. Rivers looks like Iverson light every time I watch Duke.

NewcastleKEG
02-09-2012, 08:07 PM
I can't see him ever playing point, especially with Seth Curry and Quinn Cook already at Duke. Rivers looks like Iverson light every time I watch Duke.
Really?

Deron Williams to me. But his court vision would have to come a looooong way

baseline bum
02-09-2012, 08:10 PM
When I watch him I see a hydrid of Iverson and Ray Allen, or maybe a Monta Ellis type. Really nice jumpshot, good handles, and great creativity in the lane. He seems like way too much of a chucker to be a decent point guard.

JamStone
02-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Seth Curry really isn't a point guard either. At Duke, he'll primarily play the 2, but that shouldn't stop him from developing his playmaking skills for his teammates as opposed to playmaking for himself to score. Look at Stephen Curry at Davidson. His last couple seasons, they made a concerted effort to give him more playmaking duties because they knew he'd be a PG at the next level, even though they had a pass first PG playing alongside him. Austin is a pretty selfish scorer, but I think it would bode well for him if he improves and shows the ability to be more of a playmaker for teammates. He's a tweener like Stephen Curry or OJ Mayo. Unless he grows a couple inches and gets considerably stronger, I think he's better suited as a PG at the NBA level.

NewcastleKEG
02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
When I watch him I see a hydrid of Iverson and Ray Allen, or maybe a Monta Ellis type. Really nice jumpshot, good handles, and great creativity in the lane. He seems like way too much of a chucker to be a decent point guard.
Fairly certain the guy probably handled the ball 99% on every single team he's ever played on. That's a crazy thought

The problem with him being a SG is he's useless without the ball in his hands. He doesn't move or make jumpers off picks etc. So I guess he's basically a Nick Van Exel or Cutino Mobley....instant offense