PDA

View Full Version : Splitter Interview

EduRiker
02-09-2012, 08:26 AM
http://www.lancenet.com.br/minuto/Splitter-confianca-sinto-importante-time_0_642535996.html

A: What have changed for you since last season?
TS: Above all the amount of minutes. Being on the court with more playing time. That makes you feel important, really a part of the team. It's all a matter of trust. Last year, I only played in the end with games won or lost.

A: Last year, you were a luxury bench player. How did you turn in one of the main players of the team?
TS: My role is to come off the bench and provide scoring for the second unit. I don't want to be a star, I just want to help.

A: What's your relationship with the group? Last year, you were a rookie, did they doubt you?
TS: The group knows me better now, my streghts and weaknesses. When you know that, everything is easier. On the court, only by looking to the point guard, to the center, you know what you have to do.

A: What's your relationship with Tim Duncan? How much do you learn by being next to him?
TS: He's really spetacular, because he plays with patience, because he reads so well the situations and because he has so much talent. That's why he's one of the best PF in the history. Even with 35 years old, he's a hand full.

A: In the Pre-Olympic tournament you suffered a lot at the line, hitting 42%. This season in the NBA, you're shooting around 70% What changed?
TS: I came to the tournament without confidence. I was working on changing my shooting machanic. Once I saw I was hitting them, everything was easier. After the tournament, I spent a lot of time training my shot with Tim and other players. Now I'm enjoying the results of that work.

A: The fact the season is only 66 game long helped your case to get more minutes?
TS: It's insane the amount of games we're playing. You need to rotate the players more and that helps getting me more minutes.

A: Is it difficult to play so many games with little time between them?
TS: It's like playing a World Championship in 4 months. There's no time to rest. You plays today, and the next day either you're playing again or traveling. There's no practice. All we practice we did in the preseason. Every change or tactical change you do right before the game.

A: Did you have to gain some mass or get stronger to handle the calendar?
TS: No. Since I got here, they've never asked me to gain mass. They've always known my game is based on speed. I never had the need to add mass. Also, it would not be easy to add 15 kilos and play.

I choose some Spurs related question, others are about the National Team and Olympics, which he intends to play. Sorry for any translation mistakes.

timvp
02-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the translational :tu

Tbh, it sounds like he's more than satisfied with the role he's playing.

tp2021
02-09-2012, 09:27 AM
A: Did you have to gain some mass or get stronger to handle the calendar?
TS: No. Since I got here, they've never asked me to gain mass. They've always known my game is based on speed. I never had the need to add mass. Also, it would not be easy to add 15 kilos and play.

So do Tiago and/or the Spurs coaching staff believe he can guard mobile 4s? They have a funny way of showing it, seeing as Pop refuses to play the two best bigs on the team together. Just have Tim be the 4 on offense and the 5 on defense.

Interrohater
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
So do Tiago and/or the Spurs coaching staff believe he can guard mobile 4s? They have a funny way of showing it, seeing as Pop refuses to play the two best bigs on the team together. Just have Tim be the 4 on offense and the 5 on defense.
I know we want to be pessimistic about how Pop has coached as of late, but he has played Tim and Tiago together a few times with great results. I'm not sure why he doesn't do it more often, but I can only throw up my hands and say that he has his reasons.

Fireball
02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Pop ist still too offensive minded these days ... thats the reason for not playing Splitter and Duncan together. From what I saw the past weeks, the spacing with both of them on the court is bad and the offensive statistics back that up.

Still I want them to have more playing time together to develop chemistry. We will need that in the playoffs when Bonner and Blair become useless ...

Dr Cox
02-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Do people ever think that the reason he doesnt play Duncan with Splitter more right now is because the other two bigs cant be on the floor at the same time together, it will change (when needed) this year in the playoffs....just chill

TJastal
02-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Do people ever think that the reason he doesnt play Duncan with Splitter more right now is because the other two bigs cant be on the floor at the same time together, it will change (when needed) this year in the playoffs....just chill

How is that gonna just magically change once the playoffs start?

Dr Cox
02-09-2012, 01:07 PM
not magically but splitter will play more against teams with two bigs...against philly last night there was no reason to have them both on the floor...as it is in most games...

TJastal
02-09-2012, 01:10 PM
not magically but splitter will play more against teams with two bigs...against philly last night there was no reason to have them both on the floor...as it is in most games...

Here I'll give you a reason: So they can get used to playing alongside one another. How about that?

You know, so when it becomes "necessary" they won't be fumbling around trying to figure things out.

TDomination
02-09-2012, 01:15 PM

thats what i was thinking the other day too.

i bet we see him a lot against the Lakers. Bynum/Gasol vs Duncan/Splitter

At least thats what im hoping. but you can make the case that Pop will want to have Bonner in there to keep either bynum or gasol out of the paint.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 01:17 PM
You can tell how unhappy he is with all the slights and personal attacks Pop has launched at him.

ElNono
02-09-2012, 01:34 PM
You left out quite a few questions... some other notables:

A: Pop hates you and doesn't give you enough minutes, why do you even play hard?
TS: I'm a cool cat like that. Plus I'm getting paid anyways.

A: You won Euroleague MVP. Is the NBA MVP a more important achievement? Do you think about that stuff?
TS: No. Winning the Euroleague MVP was unexpected. I just work hard and get paid. Anything else is a bonus.

TJastal
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM
You can tell how unhappy he is with all the slights and personal attacks Pop has launched at him.

Like the man says, he's gettin' paid so everything's cool.

ElNono
02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
:lol

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:02 PM

TJastal
02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
aww man you bastid El Nono!

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:05 PM

Lol Pop fan

Lol Bonner fan

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Lol Pop fan

Lol Bonner fanYou don't agree?

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:13 PM
You don't agree?

Yes I agree that you are an unabashed Popologist. Congrats!

urunobili
02-09-2012, 02:13 PM
two words:

More minutes....

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes I agree that you are an unabashed Popologist. Congrats!Do you think Splitter is mad at Pop for what he has said and not said in the press?

Yes or no.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Do you think Splitter is mad at Pop for what he has said and not said in the press?

Yes or no.

Don't know.
Splitter could be smart and diplomatic.
Splitter could secretly hate Pop.
Splitter could secretly love Pop.

Whether I agree or disagree won't change Splitters' true feelings.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Don't know.
Splitter could be smart and diplomatic.
Splitter could secretly hate Pop.
Splitter could secretly love Pop.

Whether I agree or disagree won't change Splitters' true feelings.OK. In that vein, do you realize that melting down about Splitter's playing time every day won't change the playing time he gets?

Yes or no.

TJastal
02-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Do you think Splitter is mad at Pop for what he has said and not said in the press?

Yes or no.

I'll answer.

Of course he is. He's probably irratated at the lack of minutes and those comments probably didn't sit well with him either. But being the professional that he is he's keeping quiet and letting his play do the talking for him.

Should be interesting once the playoffs start what his situation will be at that time. I'm pretty sure given what we've seen so far that it'll be deja-vu all over again. Pop will find that his pair of turds aren't cutting it and suddenly Tiago will be expected to log drastically more time and of course will be expected to bail out the turds out from large defecits.

I can see it happening already. And I feel bad for Tiago that he'll be once again put in this shitty position all over again.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I'll answer.

Of course he is. He's probably irratated at the lack of minutes and those comments probably didn't sit well with him either. But being the professional that he is he's keeping quiet and letting his play do the talking for him.Can you read the mind of every person you've never met?

TJastal
02-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Can you read the mind of every person you've never met?

No, I don't read minds, I just gave you what I think he's thinking/feeling based on what I've seen so far.

And if I told everyone in the world that your takes are weak and you lack skill at posting, would you be happy?

Yes or no.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
No, I don't read minds, I just gave you what I think he's thinking/feeling based on what I've seen so far.

And if I told everyone in the world that your takes are weak and you lack skill at posting, would you be happy?

Yes or no.It probably would reflect favorably upon me, so were it important to me -- yes, that would make me happy.

What specifically have you seen so far from Splitter himself that tells you he's mad at Pop?

TJastal
02-09-2012, 02:38 PM
It probably would reflect favorably upon me, so were it important to me -- yes, that would make me happy.

What specifically have you seen so far from Splitter himself that tells you he's mad at Pop?

Same must be applying to Tiago I would imagine.

:stirpot:

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM
OK. In that vein, do you realize that melting down about Splitter's playing time every day won't change the playing time he gets?

Yes or no.

No one on my side melting down.

Do you realize that defending Pop here for years won't change how Pop feels about you?

Do you realize that being an unabashed Popologist won't put you on Pop's holiday gift giving list?

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
yes or no

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:41 PM
No one on my side melting down.You melt down every day about this.

Do you realize that defending Pop here for years won't change how Pop feels about you?I'm not defending him. I'm making fun of you.

Do you realize that being an unabashed Popologist won't put you on Pop's holiday gift giving list?I'm not being an apologist. I'm making fun of you.

TJastal
02-09-2012, 02:44 PM

Like I said, he's being professional about it all right now. If he is unhappy with the coaching situation it will most likely come out eventually. Especially if his role stays the same and the spurs get bounces out of the playoffs again thx in large part to Pop's affinity for his favorite turds.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Melting down is your description...doesn't have anything to do with me.

LOL you have posted at least 50,000 of your posts in defense of fuckhead coach...

one would think an "expert" would detect a coach badly slipping...lol

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Like I said, he's being professional about it all right now. If he is unhappy with the coaching situation it will most likely come out eventually. Especially if his role stays the same and the spurs get bounces out of the playoffs again thx in large part to Pop's affinity for his favorite turds.So you have seen nothing at all from Splitter that actually supports your contention he is mad at Pop.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Melting down is your description...doesn't have anything to do with me.It's a fair characterization. CAPS. Exclamation marks. Emoticons. Language.

LOL you have posted at least 50,000 of your posts in defense of fuckhead coach...Not even close.

one would think an "expert" would detect a coach badly slipping...lolYou're the only one who calls me that. Why do you call me that?

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
It's a fair characterization. CAPS. Exclamation marks. Emoticons. Language.

Not even close.

You're the only one who calls me that. Why do you call me that?

I'm making fun of you. It pleases me.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm making fun of you. It pleases me.But I've never made that claim myself.

It makes no sense.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
But I've never made that claim myself.

It makes no sense.

It really pleases me.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
It really pleases me.I can understand that, especially because it makes no sense. Rationality isn't one of your strengths.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I can understand that, especially because it makes no sense. Rationality isn't one of your strengths.

It looks good on your sig though,lol...

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
It looks good on your sig though,lol...It's not a sig.

DPG21920
Chump by that logic, since we've seen Pop say Tiago isn't very skilled, is a blue-collar guy and is getting as many minutes as he possibly can, do you believe that is true and Pops true impression of Tiago?

silverblk mystix
It's not a sig.

ok...whatever you call it...right under the name Cumdumpster...lol

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Chump by that logic, since we've seen Pop say Tiago isn't very skilled, is a blue-collar guy and is getting as many minutes as he possibly can, do you believe that is true and Pops true impression of Tiago?I don't make any claims one way or the other. Pop's answers to the press are often full of shit.

ok...whatever you call it...right under the name Cumdumpster...lolThat's not what the name is -- but the thought must really please you.

TJastal
02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5475/iamnoexpert.jpg

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't make any claims one way or the other. Pop's answers to the press are often full of shit.

That's not what the name is -- but the thought must really please you.

Careful....50,000 posts in defense of Pop...don't hurt yourself saying anything derogatory.

Cumdumpster....yup....describes you and what you are pretty literally.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 03:01 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

ChumpDumper
Careful....50,000 posts in defense of Pop...don't hurt yourself saying anything derogatory.Derogatory to whom?

And your number is in error.

Cumdumpster....yup....describes you and what you are pretty literally.Literally?

I don't think you know what that word means.

silverblk mystix

if it said Toros on the dunce cap it would be priceless...:lmao

DPG21920
02-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't make any claims one way or the other. Pop's answers to the press are often full of shit.

So you acknowledge that sometimes what people say isn't what they truly mean in this environment?

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Derogatory to whom?

And your number is in error.

Literally?

I don't think you know what that word means.

literally |ˈlitərəlē; ˈlitrə-|
adverb
in a literal manner or sense; exactly : the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle | tiramisu, literally translated “pick me up.”
• informal used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true : I have received literally thousands of letters.
USAGE In its standard use, literally means ‘in a literal sense, as opposed to a nonliteral or exaggerated sense,’: : I told him I never wanted to see him again, but I didn't expect him to take it literally . In recent years, an extended use of literally (and also literal) has become very common, where literally (or literal) is used deliberately in nonliteral contexts, for added effect: : they bought the car and literally ran it into the ground. This use can lead to unintentional humorous effects ( : we were literally killing ourselves laughing) and is not acceptable in formal English.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Well, I admit it's nice to have such devoted fans.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
So you acknowledge that sometimes what people say isn't what they truly mean in this environment?I never said otherwise.

literally |ˈlitərəlē; ˈlitrə-|
adverb
in a literal manner or sense; exactly : the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle | tiramisu, literally translated “pick me up.”
• informal used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true : I have received literally thousands of letters.
USAGE In its standard use, literally means ‘in a literal sense, as opposed to a nonliteral or exaggerated sense,’: : I told him I never wanted to see him again, but I didn't expect him to take it literally . In recent years, an extended use of literally (and also literal) has become very common, where literally (or literal) is used deliberately in nonliteral contexts, for added effect: : they bought the car and literally ran it into the ground. This use can lead to unintentional humorous effects ( : we were literally killing ourselves laughing) and is not acceptable in formal English.Right, so you just used it wrong.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
I never said otherwise.

Right, so you just used it wrong.

So make up your mind...is your question...do you know the definition of literally?

Or is it...did you use the word literally correctly?

I don't have time for dicking around....

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 03:08 PM
DPG, I think you are missing the point. I was asking for positive evidence of Splitter's displeasure. I have been provided none.

All we have is conjecture at this point from people projecting their own feelings onto Tiago.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 03:10 PM
So make up your mind...is your question...do you know the definition of literally?

Or is it...did you use the word literally correctly?If you chose to read the definition, I can only conclude you used it incorrectly.

I don't have time for dicking around....Judging from today's posts, it looks like you have plenty of time for that.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
If you chose to read the definition, I can only conclude you used it incorrectly.

Judging from today's posts, it looks like you have plenty of time for that.

Cumdumpster literally means you are a container used to dump cumm....I think I used it correctly.

Somedays...I have time....not 65000 posts worth of time like some people...but just a little...

some days....not even here....thanks for the concern.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Cumdumpster literally means you are a container used to dump cumm....I think I used it correctly.Really?

That's the literal imagery you have in your mind when you think about me.

You really want to think about me that way.

You do have too much time on your hands.

Somedays...I have time....not 65000 posts worth of time like some people...but just a little...

some days....not even here....thanks for the concern.Too bad you already spent all this time talking about your literal images of me.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Really?

That's the literal imagery you have in your mind when you think about me.

You really want to think about me that way.

You do have too much time on your hands.

Too bad you already spent all this time talking about your literal images of me.

Don't flatter yourself...I don't actually swing that way...

don't take things too literally

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Don't flatter yourself...I don't actually swing that way...

don't take things too literallyYou're the one who says he thinks of me literally that way.

Or did you use the word incorrectly?

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
You're the one who says he thinks of me literally that way.

Or did you use the word incorrectly?

I'm bored and tired of jerking your chain...

carry on...

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm bored and tired of jerking your chain...

carry on...Well, you did spend an hour of the time you didn't have literally thinking about me involved in sexual acts.

You're probably spent.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Well, you did spend an hour of the time you didn't have literally thinking about me involved in sexual acts.

You're probably spent.

Pop is God.

jjktkk
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Well, you did spend an hour of the time you didn't have literally thinking about me involved in sexual acts.

You're probably spent.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Pop is God.So you still have time.

TJastal
02-09-2012, 03:53 PM
if it said Toros on the dunce cap it would be priceless...:lmao

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5475/iamnoexpert.jpg

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
TJ also has a lot of time to devote to me.

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 04:40 PM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5475/iamnoexpert.jpg

Finally, we have a pic of Cumdumpster!!!!!:lmao:lmao:lmao

silverblk mystix
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
...and I made time for that....

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
...and I made time for that....Yes, you sure did. You have your priority -- it's me.

angelbelow
02-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks for posting. Good read, Splitter saying all the right things.

Em-City
02-09-2012, 06:02 PM

So you have seen nothing at all from Splitter that actually supports your contention he is mad at Pop.

^^^ the only two posts worth reading on the last 2 pages tbh.

carry on children...