PDA

View Full Version : $1000 fine for throwing frisbee or a football on So. California Beaches

InRareForm
02-09-2012, 09:44 AM
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/la-county-oks-1000-fine-for-throwing-football-frisbee-on-beaches/

bus driver
02-09-2012, 10:09 AM
damn cholos ruin everything :pctoss

manufan10
02-09-2012, 10:22 AM
If you have kids, don't forget to take your ruler with you:

the ordinance also prohibits digging any hole deeper than 18 inches into the sand

Blake
02-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Not sure why they ban footballs but allow volleyballs

manufan10
02-09-2012, 10:36 AM

Agreed.. it's not like volleyballs are somehow safer than footballs.

Sportcamper
02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Ticketing beach goers has become a revenue gold mine for LA County…Sheriffs patrol on ATC’s & go through peoples coolers…If you get caught with any type of glass container (even a Star Bucs coffee) that is a huge fine...

The original intent was to tone down beer drinkers so families could have a safe outing….Now the Sheriffs have gone overboard & write most of their tickets against the people they were supposed to protect…

Southland Beaches in Orange County don’t have this problem...

Nathan Explosion
02-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds like an Adam Carolla rant coming on about how the government cares only about making money with chicken shit tickets.

Blake
02-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Ticketing beach goers has become a revenue gold mine for LA County…Sheriffs patrol on ATC’s & go through peoples coolers…If you get caught with any type of glass container (even a Star Bucs coffee) that is a huge fine...

The original intent was to tone down beer drinkers so families could have a safe outing….Now the Sheriffs have gone overboard & write most of their tickets against the people they were supposed to protect…

Southland Beaches in Orange County don’t have this problem...

I'm sure you can bring canned beer to the beach there just like here in Texas.

The original intent is to avoid broken glass.

Sportcamper
02-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm sure you can bring canned beer to the beach there just like here in Texas...The original intent is to avoid broken glass.
No alcohol of any kind, no smoking on LA County Beaches….Orange County & Ventura County are different….

Blake
02-09-2012, 12:10 PM
No alcohol of any kind, no smoking on LA County Beaches….Orange County & Ventura County are different….

K, then it's different than here in Texas.

Still, if they are targeting your Starbucks glass container, I think the intent is clear.

Wild Cobra
02-09-2012, 02:15 PM
A volleyball doesn't travel far and isn't a massive. A Frisbee can take severe arcs.

These beaches have personal property on them. Home owners do deserve a certain degree of protection, and as this is their back yard... should have some say in the rules.

Wild Cobra
02-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Agreed.. it's not like volleyballs are somehow safer than footballs.
Ever have a vollyball thrown 40 yards through your window? Not easy to do, but with a football, it can be.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=LA+county+beach&ll=34.033924,-118.851943&spn=0.003099,0.004265&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hq=LA+county+beach&radius=15000&t=h&z=18

ChumpDumper
02-09-2012, 02:23 PM
WC's authoritarian streak surfaces again.

Dex
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Can't drink on the rivers. Can't throw footballs or frisbees at the beach. Looks like 1984 is just coming 30 years late.

baseline bum
02-09-2012, 03:08 PM

I'm fine with the first part, as otherwise the beach would be full of beer cans like our rivers in Texas are. Sucks that people can't accept responsibility for their trash, but it is what it is.

Wild Cobra
02-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm fine with the first part, as otherwise the beach would be full of beer cans like our rivers in Texas are. Sucks that people can't accept responsibility for their trash, but it is what it is.
That's what always happens. The many get punished for the sins of the few. Then what I find ironic is that it's usually those same few who complain about it.

We have too many irresponsible people in this nation.

Dex
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
That's what always happens. The many get punished for the sins of the few. Then what I find ironic is that it's usually those same few who complain about it.

We have too many irresponsible people in this nation.

Yep.

I completely understand WHY these type of laws are being instituted, just sucks to see things that are local past-times and summer institutions going the way of the do-do thanks to a minority of shitheads.

InRareForm
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
UPDATE, story is false:

http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_19931475

Wild Cobra
02-10-2012, 01:08 PM
dont like your windows broken by footballs? don't buy a house on a beach
dont like your windows broken by golf balls? don't buy a house on a golf course
dont like seeing tuber's trash on a river? don't buy a house on a tubing river

rich people problems
Yep, the problem makers of society will never understand the people who actually work for a living.