Iguodala
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Hibbert
Deng

Thoughts? Snubs?

MavDynasty
02-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Dirk doesn't deserve it although he has been playing great as of late. Back to his usual efficient self tbh. Great to see him keep the streak alive

Spurs da champs
02-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Granger.

MavDynasty
02-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Millsap, Josh Smith, Rondo, and maybe even Jennings are all snubs

Girasuck
02-09-2012, 07:37 PM
How in the hell does Josh Smith not make it? He's been killing it this year.

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Dirk shouldn't be there he was crap the first 65% of the season

endrity
02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
In the west Millsap and Gay have legit beef. Nene and Gallinari not as much but they had a shot. Maybe Lowry as well.

In the west Rondo should be there, even ahead of Pierce who has not been better than 3rd on the Celtics. Maybe Josh Smith over Joe Johnson and Granger over Hibbert. Well deserved for Deng, his two way play is underrated.

WeNeedLength
02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
West:

Love
Aldridge
Nowitzki
Westbrook
Parker
Nash
Marc Gasol

East:

Bosh
Pierce
Iguodala
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Hibbert
Deng

Thoughts? Snubs?

Marc Gasol is better than Pau Gasol. Makes sense.

MavDynasty
02-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Dirk shouldn't be there he was crap the first 65% of the season

More of a consolation prize because he was reigning Finals MVP and he has gone back to normal the last few games imo

JamStone
02-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Not a huge problem with any of the selections. Seems like guys like Hibbert and Parker and Iguodala got consideration because their teams have played really well and they might have been the best candidate from their respective teams. And Dirk got consideration because he's the reigning Finals MVP. Maybe replace Parker or Nash with Rudy Gay. Brandon Jennings had played well this season. The homer in me says Greg Monroe has been better than Roy Hibbert, but again, the Pacers having one of the better records in the east and no other representative probably played a role in that. But when you have guys like Nash and Deron Williams make it on bad teams, there's an argument either way. Guys like Pierce and Joe Johnson as well aren't exactly having that impressive of seasons. But in the east, the number of quality perimeter players once you get beyond LeBron, Rose, Wade is pretty small.

MavDynasty
02-09-2012, 07:40 PM
In the west Millsap and Gay have legit beef. Nene and Gallinari not as much but they had a shot. Maybe Lowry as well.

In the west Rondo should be there, even ahead of Pierce who has not been better than 3rd on the Celtics. Maybe Josh Smith over Joe Johnson and Granger over Hibbert. Well deserved for Deng, his two way play is underrated.

Josh Smith>>>>> Joe Johnson this season. Rondo missed it only because his recent injury tbh. Never been a Granger fan due to his chucking but dudes been killing it this year imo

endrity
02-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Not a huge problem with any of the selections. Seems like guys like Hibbert and Parker and Iguodala got consideration because their teams have played really well and they might have been the best candidate from their respective teams. And Dirk got consideration because he's the reigning Finals MVP. Maybe replace Parker or Nash with Rudy Gay. Brandon Jennings had played well this season. The homer in me says Greg Monroe has been better than Roy Hibbert, but again, the Pacers having one of the better records in the east and no other representative probably played a role in that. But when you have guys like Nash and Deron Williams make it on bad teams, there's an argument either way. Guys like Pierce and Joe Johnson as well aren't exactly having that impressive of seasons. But in the east, the number of quality perimeter players once you get beyond LeBron, Rose, Wade is pretty small.

Parker is well deserved Jam. He's been on a tear lately too. Gay could have taken Nash's or even Gasol Jr's spot.

endrity
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Josh Smith>>>>> Joe Johnson this season. Rondo missed it only because his recent injury tbh. Never been a Granger fan due to his chucking but dudes been killing it this year imo

Horford is still their MVP I think, but yes Josh has been a great player this year. JJ just keeps getting all the rep for some reason for the Hawks.

I forgot, would have like to see Bargnani make it over Granger or Iggy. He was playing amazing ball before he went down.

Mal
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
da fuq is Nowitzki doing there ?

dirk4mvp
02-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Rudy

z0sa
02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Marc over Pau :lol

Funny how not even 1 TNT analyst picked TP and were arguing for Lowry when he's averaged something like 12PPG and 37% shooting over the last 10 games.

fevertrees
02-09-2012, 07:58 PM
No Marco Belinelli? Pathetic

djohn2oo8
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Marc over Pau :lol

Funny how not even 1 TNT analyst picked TP and were arguing for Lowry when he's averaged something like 12PPG and 37% shooting over the last 10 games.
Body of work. Yao got in NUMEROUS times when he didn't even play. Lowry actually had a case.

DPG21920
02-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Gay over TP, Jam :lol

JamStone
02-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Parker is well deserved Jam. He's been on a tear lately too. Gay could have taken Nash's or even Gasol Jr's spot.

On a tear for the last 4-5 games versus not being all star caliber the first 20 or so. I don't have a problem with him there. But it's still arguable. I still look at it as more of a case of the Spurs having one of the top records in the league and having no other legitimate Spurs player to select to the ASG.

JamStone
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Gay over TP, Jam :lol

I didn't explain it, but part of the rational is the make-up of the team. There's a bunch of PFs and PGs. Kobe and Durant are the only two real wing players on the West team. But it's the all star game, so it's not that deep. But part of my logic was to make the team more balanced.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Josh Smith should have made it over Joe Johnson..

Rudy Gay doesn't deserve it, so that was a solid non-selection..Marc Gasol deserves it..

Hibbert deserves it over Granger, easily IMO..Paul George has been just as good as Granger, too..

WeNeedLength
02-09-2012, 08:25 PM
ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
First All-Star game in 15 years without either Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan.

:depressed

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Smith should be in over Deng.
Jennings/Irving should be in over Williams.
Millsap should be in over Gasol and Pau's stats are basically equal to Marc's this year, so that was a toss up.

I didn't understand at all when the TNT crew was arguing that Lowry should be in over Nash.

pass1st
02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Wonder what happened to the Lowry knob slobbing

Pelicans78
02-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Sad to see a fat fuck like Melo make it while Tyson Chandler gets left behind. Chandler's having a great season. Feel bad for him.

Calispursfan11
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Sad to see a fat fuck like Melo make it while Tyson Chandler gets left behind. Chandler's having a great season. Feel bad for him.

True dat. Melo is lame. True snub though is Linsanity tbh. I guarantee he's considered a top 10 PG by the commentating community by the end of the season.

jeebus
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
True dat. Melo is lame. True snub though is Linsanity tbh. I guarantee he's considered a top 10 PG by the commentating community by the end of the season.

Voting was probably over before he starting playing well. Still, 3 games of good play isn't enough to warrant an all star appearance.

Calispursfan11
02-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Voting was probably over before he starting playing well. Still, 3 games of good play isn't enough to warrant an all star appearance.

TECHNICALLY, you are correct. But after the 3 games of ridiculous play and what looks to be more to come, I think he would be an All-Star if the game were held at the end of the year.

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2012, 09:12 PM
:sleep

Calispursfan11
02-09-2012, 09:27 PM
:sleep

You must be sleepy being up at 3 am last night.

Proxy
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Glad to see Hibbert in there.

Should've kept Love out and put Scola in to send a message.

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM

bout fuckin' time:tu

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Should've kept Love out and put Scola in to send a message.

No.

WeNeedLength
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
bout fuckin' time:tu

Kobe's time is coming son, don't you worry... :lol

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Kobe's time is coming son, don't you worry... :lol

He's leading the league in scoring with a bum knee, finger, and wrist--and he doesn't take games off like Timmy--so don't hold your breath on that one:lol

WeNeedLength
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Father time is undefeated tbh...

mavs>spurs
02-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Granger.

Granger shoots 37% from the fucking floor you asshole.

Pelicans78
02-09-2012, 11:29 PM
M>S is right. Granger has been the 3rd best player on the Pacers. No way that asshole deserves to be on the AS team.

Pelicans78
02-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Also Harden should have made it over that asshole Westbrook.

WeNeedLength
02-09-2012, 11:48 PM

+1

Westbrook is such a dumbass frog/dinosaur lookin' motherfucker.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/20/0d372661-e9d8-4061-9bdf-20b250c6cb44.jpg

Killakobe81
02-10-2012, 12:35 AM

LOL timely post. Westbrook is beasting tonight ...

Leetonidas
02-10-2012, 12:39 AM
He's leading the league in scoring with a bum knee, finger, and wrist--and he doesn't take games off like Timmy--so don't hold your breath on that one:lol

:cry what a fucking warrior :cry

Pelicans78
02-10-2012, 01:12 AM
LOL timely post. Westbrook is beasting tonight ...

And he cost the Thunder another game. Too many turnovers. He's all flash, little substance.

timtonymanu
02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Josh Smith got snubbed again. Should have made it in 2010 and he should have made it this year.

Joe Johnson continuing to get overrated recognition.

DeadlyDynasty
02-10-2012, 01:29 AM
tbh not making the AS game is actually a blessing in disguise in this condensed season.

Pelicans78
02-10-2012, 01:33 AM
I'll be honest. I think Johnson deserved it over Smith, but its close. Smith has been good, not great. Same with Johnson.

pookenstein
02-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Dirk making the team this year is a fucking joke.

blkroadrunners
02-10-2012, 01:54 AM

I thought of Tyson Chandler as well. His TS% this year is insane.

JamStone
02-10-2012, 02:48 AM
I thought of Tyson Chandler as well. His TS% this year is insane.

A little bit of a tangent but... I wonder why there aren't more centers and PFs who shoot 70%+ from the field. When you're like Chandler and basically all your field goal attempts are dunks and a lot of the time uncontested dunks, shouldn't you shoot an insane FG%?

mavs>spurs
02-10-2012, 03:05 AM
Dirk making the team this year is a fucking joke.

As long as you felt the same way last time shitbag Duncan made it.

jjktkk
02-10-2012, 03:09 AM
tbh not making the AS game is actually a blessing in disguise in this condensed season.

Pretty sure Duncan feels the same way.

jjktkk
02-10-2012, 03:11 AM

True. Dirk, like Duncan in the past, shouldn't be voted in, based on their past accoplishments.

Latarian Milton
02-10-2012, 09:13 AM
West have no small FUCKING forward on bench seems it'll be a Durant show, durant will play full 48min more then likely tbh

jeebus
02-10-2012, 09:46 AM
West have no small FUCKING forward on bench seems it'll be a Durant show, durant will play full 48min more then likely tbh

It's the all star game; who gives a fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Brooks puts all the PGs in the game at the same time for the hell of it.

DPG21920
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Granger shoots 37% from the fucking floor you asshole.

Dirk averages 6 rebounds and he made it.

Muser
02-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Funny to see all the media outraged that Lowry didn't get in when he's been dogshit lately.

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM
with this shit season I'd say they All Scrubs not All Stars. Thanks Stern

sammy
02-10-2012, 11:16 AM

That's sucks that Timmy's not there as he is playing well! Dirk shouldn't even be there! Injured and played like crap this whole season! What a disgrace!:bang

jcrod
02-10-2012, 01:01 PM
On a tear for the last 4-5 games versus not being all star caliber the first 20 or so. I don't have a problem with him there. But it's still arguable. I still look at it as more of a case of the Spurs having one of the top records in the league and having no other legitimate Spurs player to select to the ASG.

He's been averaging 20 and 8 since Manu was injured 5 games in, so it hasn't just been the last 4-5 games. There is no question he belongs.

JamStone
02-10-2012, 01:16 PM
He's been averaging 20 and 8 since Manu was injured 5 games in, so it hasn't just been the last 4-5 games. There is no question he belongs.

28.4 PPG on 51% FG shooting last 5 games.

16.7 PPG on 44.1% FG shooting first 22 games.

Oh, there's a question.

Dr Cox
02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
It is too bad the coaches (who vote on these players) dont know as much as you JamStone..... oh wait...

baseline bum
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM

There was no way Duncan deserved it last season. He got in because Jefferson and Blair had hot starts to the season.

JamStone
02-10-2012, 03:32 PM
It is too bad the coaches (who vote on these players) dont know as much as you JamStone..... oh wait...

My opinion is just that, an opinion. It's no more and no less valid than the next fan's opinion. I specifically stated I had no problem with any of the selections, including Parker. I also understand it because the Spurs have been really good and deserve an all star rep and Tony makes the most sense. My point is only that you could argue other players over him for a few different reasons. It's arguable. That's all.

And it's not like coaches never make mistakes for stuff like this. I'm sure you don't agree 100% with all of the selections yourself. But it's cool. It's not that deep.

Girasuck
02-10-2012, 03:46 PM
My opinion is just that, an opinion. It's no more and no less valid than the next fan's opinion. I specifically stated I had no problem with any of the selections, including Parker. I also understand it because the Spurs have been really good and deserve an all star rep and Tony makes the most sense. My point is only that you could argue other players over him for a few different reasons. It's arguable. That's all.

And it's not like coaches never make mistakes for stuff like this. I'm sure you don't agree 100% with all of the selections yourself. But it's cool. It's not that deep.

Yeah, but your opinions are always dog shit.

JamStone
02-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah, but your opinions are always dog shit.

Cool. I guess that makes me wonder why anyone would read them and respond. If you see dog shit on the street, do you purposely step into it? I'd suggest walking around it next time.

z0sa
02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
TP outplayed Westbrook in their head to head matchups and contributed to wins. That's what put him over the top for me. Who you step it up against matters as much as your averages when considering all-stars, thanks to the limited amount of positions. IE, which PG outplayed his all-star competition head to head?

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Monta Ellis was the biggest snub. IMO he should have gotten it over Westbrook.

JamStone
02-10-2012, 04:38 PM
TP outplayed Westbrook in their head to head matchups and contributed to wins. That's what put him over the top for me. Who you step it up against matters as much as your averages when considering all-stars, thanks to the limited amount of positions. IE, which PG outplayed his all-star competition head to head?

TP also had a 4 point performance on 1-for-8 shooting in a loss to the Thunder earlier in the season. I think those match-ups could be a consideration if it's a question between two candidates with similar overall numbers and both are playing on teams with similar records. Just like it's a consideration for a player on a team with a top record in the league when no other teammate is all star worthy. I think that was part of the consideration for guys like Tony and Igudala and Hibbert and even Pierce.

Tony on the all star team is fine. I think you could argue for Monta based on statistics over guys like Tony or Nash or Dirk. I also brought up Rudy Gay earlier more so to balance the West roster, which only has two legit wing players in Kobe and Durant. And the rest arebigs and PGs.

z0sa
02-10-2012, 05:07 PM
TP also had a 4 point performance on 1-for-8 shooting in a loss to the Thunder earlier in the season.

TP did have 7 assists with zero turnovers that game. Additionally, Westbrook played pretty badly himself, going 5/13 from the floor and only scoring 13 points, along with 2 turnovers.

JamStone
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
TP did have 7 assists with zero turnovers that game. Additionally, Westbrook played pretty badly himself, going 5/13 from the floor and only scoring 13 points, along with 2 turnovers.

Ok but you'd still probably say Westbrook outplayed Parker and OKC did win the game. Just seems to me like a couple of games, even against the better teams and better PGs, isn't one of the major considerations for all star selection.

Spur_Fanatic
02-10-2012, 05:24 PM
What's Deng doing there?

The East is terrible.

FkLA
02-10-2012, 05:25 PM
TP was playing like shit for probably the first half of the season I dont get why spurfans are getting butthurt about that. Up until his tear these past 5 games (especially his 40 pt game against Westbrook), his spot on the All-Star team was still very much up in the air. I dont like the little french fagggot but ultimately he earned it imo.

z0sa
02-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Ok but you'd still probably say Westbrook outplayed Parker and OKC did win the game. Just seems to me like a couple of games, even against the better teams and better PGs, isn't one of the major considerations for all star selection.

In general, it isn't major. But when you've narrowed the list to just a few guys, I think the coaches definitely factor it in.

JamStone
02-10-2012, 05:40 PM
In general, it isn't major. But when you've narrowed the list to just a few guys, I think the coaches definitely factor it in.

Perhaps. I still think the bigger consideration was that the Spurs had one of the top records in the league and no other Spurs player deserved it over Tony. That played a bigger factor than any head-to-head match-up Tony had with any other top player.

blkroadrunners
02-10-2012, 07:32 PM
A little bit of a tangent but... I wonder why there aren't more centers and PFs who shoot 70%+ from the field. When you're like Chandler and basically all your field goal attempts are dunks and a lot of the time uncontested dunks, shouldn't you shoot an insane FG%?

True, I see where you are getting at. I think most of it involves skill, mainly timing. I think it's more impressive for Tyson playing with no competent playmaking PG up until Lin this year, however it helps being 7'1" and more athletic than most PFs in the NBA.

Still though, Roy Hibbert wasn't a bad choice by all means.

mavs>spurs
02-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Dirk averages 6 rebounds and he made it.

Dirk shouldn't have made it and neither should have Duncan last year, if you could read or paid attention before making random posts towards people you'd know how I feel because I've made it quite evident. But even then, I'm more okay with all time greats like Duncan, Dirk, etc getting in on reputation than I am Danny "hur dur i shoot 37%" Granger getting in tbh. Dude's a fuck face for even suggesting that Danny Granger should be an all star.

Latarian Milton
02-10-2012, 07:37 PM
and his pacers teammate Hibbert also selected to the ASG, WTF has he done to deserve it?

DPG21920
02-10-2012, 07:41 PM
and his pacers teammate Hibbert also selected to the ASG, WTF has he done to deserve it?

Hibbert has had a very, very good year.

mavs>spurs
02-10-2012, 07:41 PM
lol wut rogue? hibbert is putting up roughly 14, 10, and 2 blocks on 51% shooting. Granger? He's a subpar rebounder and defender for someone of his height/abilities and a poor passer. all dude is good for this year is chucking up shots at 37% and not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. Hibbert making may show the weakness of the C position in the league right now, but as far as what's out there (It ain't much) he deserves it.

DPG21920
02-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Dirk shouldn't have made it and neither should have Duncan last year, if you could read or paid attention before making random posts towards people you'd know how I feel because I've made it quite evident. But even then, I'm more okay with all time greats like Duncan, Dirk, etc getting in on reputation than I am Danny "hur dur i shoot 37%" Granger getting in tbh. Dude's a fuck face for even suggesting that Danny Granger should be an all star.

Except Duncan never had glaring holes playing the amount of minutes that Dirk has. My point was that you can't start nitpicking one stat (Danny Granger's shooting) because it's not about that with all-star voting/selections. Many of the guys selected have something they are weak at, was my point.

mavs>spurs
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
37% is damn bad. DAMN bad. and aside from that, he's a poor passer, rebounder, and teammate.

Latarian Milton
02-10-2012, 07:47 PM
so the nigga who barely puts up double-double stats on a scrub team got selected while the defensive hub of the 11' champs got snubbed? only pussies & assholes still give a shit about all-fucking-star game tbh

DPG21920
02-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Indy isn't a scrub team, NY is.

mavs>spurs
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
hibbert is from queens nigga like you claim to be you should be happy, more proof that you a FAKE nigga rogue

Latarian Milton
02-10-2012, 07:53 PM
^ im from florida and im naturally a heat fan unlike dem fucking wagoners tbh, ive been a household name since 09 tbh when i was only 8yr old YEAH, MOTHERFUCKERS