PDA

View Full Version : Truth: As Many Republicans back Obama as back Ron Paul

Nbadan
02-09-2012, 11:34 PM
I wonder if a late surge will push Obama into the lead of the nomination? ...

20% OF REPUBLICANS LEANING TO OBAMA!

Last edited Thu Feb 9, 2012, 10:31 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
20% OF REPUBLICANS LEANING TO OBAMA!
2012 election looks like replay of 2008

In every case except the match-up against Ron Paul, more than 20 percent of Republican voters said they are more likely to support Obama than the Republican challenger. And Ron Paul is close, as 19 percent of Republicans said they are more likely to support Obama than Paul.

Making the situation more bleak for opponents of Obama, independent voters are apparently quite put off with the Republican nomination fight. While polls last fall showed them leaning Republican by roughly a two-to-one margin, they are now either split evenly or favoring Obama.

“What must be particularly alarming to every Republican campaign regarding this nasty fight is that, even among those who say they think the nation is heading in the wrong direction, Obama still wins at least 20 percent support in head-to-head match-ups against the four remaining Republicans, and among those who said they were unsure about the overall direction of the nation, Obama wins by overwhelming percentages,” observes Wenzel.

Obama also has made tremendous inroads on enemy territory against each of the four Republicans, winning roughly 20 percent support among conservatives and even those who consider themselves to be very conservative. And, even against Mitt Romney, considered by many to be the most moderate of the GOP bunch, Obama defeats him by a large margin among moderate voters.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/20-of-republicans-leaning-to-obama/print/

Winehole23
02-10-2012, 03:43 AM
overexposure is a bitch.

Obama will get his turn.

(bet there won't be 25 debates)

SA210
02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
For Ron Paul never getting any play on all media stations, and Obama and the rest of the candidates getting all the airtime they want all the time, I'd say Ron Paul has been pretty impressive. Imagine if he were given equal time. :downspin:

boutons_deux
02-10-2012, 09:56 AM
RP is impressive, negatively, and we got plenty of his air time to know what his perverted, Randian, never-gonna-happen govt is.

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
:lmao WND Poll

mercos
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
If you take out Obama's desire to tax the rich and change his skin color he could cruise to the GOP nomination. It is mind boggling how conservative some of his legislation has been yet he is still called the most left wing president ever. His "stimulus" contained something like $300 billion in tax cuts. He cut payroll taxes. His health care plan is copied from a GOP governor's plan that itself is based on conservative ideas from the 90s that were written to oppose Hilary Clinton. His foreign policy is pretty much copied from the playbook of George W. Bush, but executed better. Bin Laden was killed on his watch, as was Gaddifi. If Obama was white and had an R by his name conservatives would be hailing him as the greatest president of our time.

Winehole23
02-10-2012, 12:15 PM
well, he doesn't. labels matter.

DarrinS
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
I'd take another 4 years of Obama over Ron Paul any day.

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 02:43 PM
that's probably because you take away obamacare and taxes for the rich and you end up with a Bush 3rd term

Wild Cobra
02-10-2012, 02:48 PM
If you take out Obama's desire to tax the rich and change his skin color he could cruise to the GOP nomination. It is mind boggling how conservative some of his legislation has been yet he is still called the most left wing president ever. His "stimulus" contained something like $300 billion in tax cuts. He cut payroll taxes. His health care plan is copied from a GOP governor's plan that itself is based on conservative ideas from the 90s that were written to oppose Hilary Clinton. His foreign policy is pretty much copied from the playbook of George W. Bush, but executed better. Bin Laden was killed on his watch, as was Gaddifi. If Obama was white and had an R by his name conservatives would be hailing him as the greatest president of our time.
What has he done that's conservative?

Authoritarian... YES!. Conservative, NO!

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 03:58 PM
that's probably because you take away obamacare and taxes for the rich and you end up with a Bush 3rd termThe Republicans thought of Obamacare first and probably would have passed it themselves at some point had Obama not co-opted it.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 03:59 PM
What has he done that's conservative?

Authoritarian... YES!. Conservative, NO!Authoritarian tax cuts!

DarrinS
02-10-2012, 04:08 PM
If you take out Obama's desire to tax the rich and change his skin color he could cruise to the GOP nomination.

???

johnsmith
02-10-2012, 04:10 PM
RP is impressive, negatively, and we got plenty of his air time to know what his perverted, Randian, never-gonna-happen govt is.

Your just mad because he's not on your "team".

You know, since you only believe what one single party tells you to believe.

I'm calling you a Lemming.

Get it?

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Honkies for Hussein?

DarkReign
02-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Honkies for Hussein?

I lol'd.

Wild Cobra
02-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Authoritarian tax cuts!
The cuts on SS were to buy votes. It was the only thing left to reduce the revenue from the people who weren't middle-middle class or higher. It really isn't an income tax either. If it were up to Obama, he would get rid of the Bush tax cuts, but he would piss off his base.

Wild Cobra
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
The Republicans thought of Obamacare first and probably would have passed it themselves at some point had Obama not co-opted it.
Really?

Now Romney has disappointing me in not having remorse for passing health care. I had wrongfully assumed that he was going by the will of the state populous and not vetoing something they wanted. I was a tad bit pissed when I discovered otherwise.